Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 12:05 PM   #511
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
(I've more than doubled her loss but that's not important,
Oh but it is, Gwn!!!!!!!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #512
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
not the eat anything I want and be miserable plan.
That's it exactly!!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #513
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
And just to prove (to myself) that I'm in the zone, I just finished my strength workout! I do Strong Women Stay Young. I did this a few years ago and hadn't mentioned it to my daughter. One day we were shopping and I had on a shirt over a tank top. I got hot and took off my shirt and my daughter was in awe of my arms! Think Michelle Obama! Anyway, several long trips out of the country and a major move caused me to stop the exercise. So, now I've got my first day in, and who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll be able to walk on the treadmill! Go me!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #514
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
The frogurt works great. You should try it on the 14 day plan! I might go and tuck into one now. Yum yum. How long do you plan to stay on QWL?
froghurt!! yeah I was thinking it would be like frozen yoghurt without all the added sugar!!
My plan was to stick to it til the end of July---or until I couldn't take the dizziness anymore or maybe until I reached 119---hadn't really decided!!! But my Mum is coming tomorrow for the weekend so there is no way I can stick to it--it will be it and salad! (she is not a fan of only protein--actually she doesn't really know that's what I do the whole time!! She thinks it's the salad as well) Come Tuesday I'll go back to QWL until I go home on the 27th!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 07-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #515
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
And just to prove (to myself) that I'm in the zone, I just finished my strength workout! I do Strong Women Stay Young. I did this a few years ago and hadn't mentioned it to my daughter. One day we were shopping and I had on a shirt over a tank top. I got hot and took off my shirt and my daughter was in awe of my arms! Think Michelle Obama!
WTG you!!! I need that workout!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #516
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok peeps!! I gotta get of my lazy padded backside and go do some housework!! I spend way too much time on LCF!!! BBL
Old 07-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #517
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Thanks for all the support and encouragement. I'm feeling really positive and ready to make the journey all the way to goal weight! I was cutting up some fresh, in season fruit for my granddaughters today and almost put some in my mouth when in the nick of time I remembered that I am doing qwl, not the eat anything I want and be miserable plan.
Small victories, then the BIG ones.
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #518
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gidge&Jazzie
Stats: 190/190/130
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 7/05/10
Chromium Picolinate

Hey Guys,

I was telling a guy at school today about my diet, and he is very big into nutrition and body building. He suggested taking chromium picolinate to get in or stay in ketosis. (He also said eating lean ham worked for him) Just a suggestion that I'm going to be trying. I'll keep ya posted
Gidge&Jazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #519
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
But that's it exactly Yam-if you don't want to lose the weight and you're healthy then you shouldn't bother putting pressure on yourself! You have great things going on right now and you should enjoy every moment of it. You should def rekindle your love of exercise tho, try to eat healthily--and you'll still lose-maybe not like QWL-but you'll be healthy and happy!! That's the difference (if you're happy with your weight--and have no medical problems-then I don't think anyone has to lose weight.) I wasn't happy with my weight at all-I had no self-confidence, kept putting things off, would cancel on friends because I was too self-conscious. So the weight had to go!! I was a very unhappy girl!!
GT: Honestly, I go in spurts. Like a roller coaster. In March when I found this LC website I was 230 and VERY uncomfortable in my skin! I remembered how Stillman worked for me waaaaaay back in the day when I was a teen and them many times over the years where it kept me at my ideal weight. So, now I'm down 20 pounds and maintaining it and thinking exactly that sometimes. I'm healthy, I have some cute new clothes...mostly 16's but one or two 14's (depending on the label/brand, know what I mean? Oh, yeah, I love Chico's. Their sizes are 1-2-3 only, small, med, large and I have 2's and 3's). Anyway, I go back and forth between saying "why torture myself?" and then knowing I will feel sooooooooo much better when I hit 180 and really awesome when I get to 160!!! That's 40 and 60 pounds from now!!!!

And I doubt whether I can do it or not.

But then there are days like today!!! I got my workout room cleared out and set up! YAY!!! I've done just what I said I would with food...took my vitamins, made my shake w/ coconut oil and fiber and protein and green tea and even a tblspn of apple cider vinegar!!!

I have so much energy today I feel like I can climb Mount Everest!!! And I have not even re-started hardcore QWL yet!! I'm beginning to believe in myself and strutting around like I've already lost the weight!!

You know, just thinking and being a little introspective here, I keep thinking about the Joy in the journey idea that you sparked in me this morning. (thanks for that). Seems like it's important to just love me in the moment. Right where I am at any given moment. I looked in the full length mirror when I was putting on my workout clothes. And I thought, you know, I'm not exactly a gargoile (spelling?) -- ugly flotsam sea monster or anything. And, my husband loves me and thinks I'm sexy and my grandkids think I'm beautiful (My 10 yr. old DGD told me that the other day!)

So, I'm not going to try and use self-hatred like I did so often when I was younger to whip myself into shape. I'm going to take one bite at a time. One move at a time.

And, I am going to listen to all you wise people and soak in your experiences and your knowledge! You are all so great and are having such success! Then I'm gonna put one foot in front of the other, take one breath at a time and just love my life and this process.

I do remember how great I feel when I'm doing QWL and the energy it gives me and the freedom from always thinking about food. Because when I'm limiting or avoiding carbs I'm just not as hungry and not obsessing about what I'm gonna eat next. If I could just keep remembering that, this will be a cinch!

OK, self sermon is over!!! Sorry about that. Just skim through or skip my posts if they are too self-serving or too long and boring. Sometimes my self needs a good talking to by my self!!! I say, "SELF!!! You better listen up!!!" And she does!!!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #520
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
And just to prove (to myself) that I'm in the zone, I just finished my strength workout! I do Strong Women Stay Young. I did this a few years ago and hadn't mentioned it to my daughter. One day we were shopping and I had on a shirt over a tank top. I got hot and took off my shirt and my daughter was in awe of my arms! Think Michelle Obama! Anyway, several long trips out of the country and a major move caused me to stop the exercise. So, now I've got my first day in, and who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll be able to walk on the treadmill! Go me!
Mim: YES! I love that book and bought it several years ago and it's totally part of my workout program! I found it working so quickly after just a few weeks that I went out and bought a copy of Miriam Nelson's book for every woman in my life: my BGF, DD, DIL, SIL and DSs!!! I bought ankle weights and everything just like she recommends in the book. It's such an easy at-home program (or easy to follow if you go to the gym, too). Only 8 different moves with 2 sets each. As I get stronger, I do 3 sets of 12 each. Not there right now, but I will be!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #521
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidge&Jazzie View Post
Hey Guys,

I was telling a guy at school today about my diet, and he is very big into nutrition and body building. He suggested taking chromium picolinate to get in or stay in ketosis. (He also said eating lean ham worked for him) Just a suggestion that I'm going to be trying. I'll keep ya posted
Interesting!! I also heard of taking something like L-cartamine-can't remember the proper name--to help lose fat and build muscle!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #522
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post

I'm beginning to believe in myself and strutting around like I've already lost the weight!! Seems like it's important to just love me in the moment. Right where I am at any given moment. I looked in the full length mirror when I was putting on my workout clothes. And I thought, you know, I'm not exactly a gargoile (spelling?) -- ugly flotsam sea monster or anything. And, my husband loves me and thinks I'm sexy and my grandkids think I'm beautiful (My 10 yr. old DGD told me that the other day!)

Yam that is great!! That's a brilliant post!!! I wish I had even half your self-confidence!!!
I really really love seeing your hat BTW -all Summery!!! and pink!!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #523
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Yam that is great!! That's a brilliant post!!! I wish I had even half your self-confidence!!!
I really really love seeing your hat BTW -all Summery!!! and pink!!
GT: I told DH before we went to Venice that I was not going to bring a hat because I wanted to buy one on the Rialto Bridge! That's the hat I bought just minutes before we sat down in a darling little piazza square and I didn't even know DH took that picture until I was downloading our pics to the computer! He loves candid shots. Thanks for making me feel good about it. It surely protected me from the sun those 8 days!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #524
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gidge&Jazzie
Stats: 190/190/130
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 7/05/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Oh let me tell you about this customer I had.... So... Someone at work brings up my weight loss and this dude starts telling me about his girlfriend who has lost 30lbs since February (I've more than doubled her loss but that's not important, just pointing out how AWESOME QWL is) and that she wants to lose 50-55lbs in total. He then says, "But I think she needs to lose more". I was like um, really? A woman usually knows her body well enough... So he says, well she she's 5'7 and started at 205 and wants to be 150. I said, well 150 sounds good for 5'7. He's like "Well, I was talking to this woman the other day about it and she's 5'7 and weighs 125 but she didn't have curves so I'll give my girlfriend a few extra pounds for that". I asked him what motivated her to lose the weight and he said.... ready???? "I told her I wouldn't marry her unless she lost weight". So I'm obviously in shock that someone would feel comfortable enough to share this with me... pig! I ask him what happens if she gains the weight back after you get married.... He says, well I'm making her sign a prenup just for that, basically if she gains weight, he's going to divorce her and she doesn't get anything, based on her weight gain. He's like, she's bringing debt into this marriage (college loans) and basically, she knows what I'm worth and I'm not risking my money on being unhappy in a marriage with an overweight woman. Then he tells me, without asking, because at this point, I have absolutely nothing say to this piece of crap, that he's worth 500,000.

Jaw Drop.

Seriously.... You're worth half a million and you're worried about losing it to a fat girl.

People win millions of dollars on game shows and lottery tickets every single day. Half a million is nothing in this day and age. Is this guy kidding me? He's completely deluded himself into believing that he's some Richard Branson? Cocky, arrogant, **** head. I just looked at him and then walked away. Some people should really keep some information... to themselves! The poor girl who is marrying this mistake obviously must have low self-esteem.
Horrifying. (Saying a prayer for the girlfriend that she'll see him for what he is BEFORE marriage)
Gidge&Jazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
GO YOU!!!!!!!!! MObama arms
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:59 PM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
just in............

Pennsylvania Firm Recalls Fully Cooked Turkey Breast Products for Possible Listeria Contamination
Wed, 07 Jul 2010 14:47:13 -0500

K. Heeps, Inc., an Allentown, Pa., establishment, is recalling fully cooked turkey breast products that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #527
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Mim: YES! I love that book and bought it several years ago and it's totally part of my workout program! I found it working so quickly after just a few weeks that I went out and bought a copy of Miriam Nelson's book for every woman in my life: my BGF, DD, DIL, SIL and DSs!!! I bought ankle weights and everything just like she recommends in the book. It's such an easy at-home program (or easy to follow if you go to the gym, too). Only 8 different moves with 2 sets each. As I get stronger, I do 3 sets of 12 each. Not there right now, but I will be!
I'm excited to have someone to do this with! I started with 5 lbs hand weights and ankle. I only have one "proper" ankle weight. When i did this before i used combinations of wrist weights on my ankles. They were never very comfortable! I bought one ankle weight a few months ago thinking I would start again and it has taken me till now to start! But I've started! I want to get another ankle weight as it is irritating to have to keep switching it, but it will have to wait for a few more paydays!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #528
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm excited to have someone to do this with! I started with 5 lbs hand weights and ankle. I only have one "proper" ankle weight. When i did this before i used combinations of wrist weights on my ankles. They were never very comfortable! I bought one ankle weight a few months ago thinking I would start again and it has taken me till now to start! But I've started! I want to get another ankle weight as it is irritating to have to keep switching it, but it will have to wait for a few more paydays!
Mim: I got all fired up when I read the book and after using my wrist weights on my ankles (only 3 lbs) for a week, I broke down and went to the webside she recommends and bought the ones with the pockets and weights. I gradually worked my way up to 20 pounds on each ankle! And, I was really seeing results! The muscles in my thighs were rockin, and my butt firmed up too. My pants actually got baggy in the butt and thighs! I loved it.

Gotta work my way back.

The cool thing with her program is that it's not that difficult to increase the weights a pound or two every week. So you can progress quickly and it's easy to do it 3 times a week because it only takes 20 to 30 minutes to do the whole routine.

I had 5 pound weights I got at Wal-Mart, just the cheapie kind. I went out and bought 10 pound ones. Then before I knew it I was doing 20 pounds with each hand! She recommends that women don't go over 20 pounds each hand with free weights and 20 pounds each ankle with the ankle weights. And she says NEVER walk around in the ankle weights.

So, I took all of her advice and got fantastic results.

Now I'm just starting out again because I have not exercised in weeks and I don't want to injure myself. But, muscles have memory! Yay for that. And they start to rebuild almost immediately when you start doing resistance training.

Let's keep each other posted, OK?

Oh!!! just had an idea. I think I will take my measurements tomorrow so I can see my progress. If I remember. lol.

Hey all:

So, for eating today I had a protein/fiber/greet tea/Co shake for a mid-morning breakfast. Couldn't drink it all because it's very filling. Finished it about lunch time!

Drank 2 quarts of green iced tea.

Something about green tea kills my appetite! Gonna drink it every day for sure.

DH worked late and then came home and BBQ'd Ball Park all-beef franks. I had one on a whole wheat tortilla that has 8 grams of fiber.

So, only one tablespoon of coconut oil today.

Tomorrow I start hard core QWL, except I will do the coconut oil (hopefully 3 tbl per day) and maybe psyllium husks??

What do you all think? Will I still get fast weight loss results??

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 07-07-2010 at 06:49 PM..
Old 07-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #529
Senior LCF Member

Yam Yam, whatever works for you on any given day is what you should do. It's not just your body you are concerned with, but your mind as well. I love how you are comfortable in your own skin!! Much more preferable to that poor girl who was told to lose weight so she can marry a jerk.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #530
Senior LCF Member

I was going to start the Nystatin tonight because I didn't have any die-off symptoms, but now I have a sinusy headache thing starting. That wouldn't be from yeast, would it??
Old 07-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #531
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
I cannot find Virgin Coconut Oil anywhere in this stupid town.. I went back to Kroger. .tried Walmart. Tried Meijer . Nothing. . None of the drugstores, etc. I guess I'll have to order it on-line. .I wanted to start my regiment today, too! Errggggg
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
I don't know where I left off today so I have to start over and I am so sleepy. . you guys are the best. .I'll have to get up early to catch up!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #533
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I cannot find Virgin Coconut Oil anywhere in this stupid town.. I went back to Kroger. .tried Walmart. Tried Meijer . Nothing. . None of the drugstores, etc. I guess I'll have to order it on-line. .I wanted to start my regiment today, too! Errggggg
IM2: I got my VCO from amazon. Honestly I check there first for everything! I was looking at bras today and I always read all the comments. If you place a double order you get free shipping. ('cos it's $25 and anything over 25 is free shipping.) I love the one I got so much that I just re-ordered because I know it's gonna go fast and I'm planning to give one jar to my DD.

I did lots of research and now I'm using some mixed with my shampoo and my conditioner! Without provocation last night, DH said "your hair is so shimmery and shiny. It looks great!"

I'm putting it on my elbows and my cuticles and next I'm gonna try it on the heels of my feet. Love how it tastes, too.

It really does not take very long for it to come in the mail even with the free shipping. It's organic virgin CO and I'll have to check on Netrition to see if they sell the brand before I can recommend it exactly. Did I tell you it tastes awesome?

QUESTION: While doing research I read that you should not heat it in the microwave but it's OK to cook with it or heat it on the stove. Anybody have a clue as to why that is?????

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 07-07-2010 at 08:06 PM..
Old 07-07-2010, 08:09 PM   #534
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You go, girl! I wish I could get my arms in shape, but they turned to jelly after Shake Weight.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #535
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Yam Yam, whatever works for you on any given day is what you should do. It's not just your body you are concerned with, but your mind as well. I love how you are comfortable in your own skin!! Much more preferable to that poor girl who was told to lose weight so she can marry a jerk.
Amen to that!!! She is in big trouble if she marries that guy. How sad for her. How very stupid and moronic of him!!!!! Actually, I hope some other guy will discover how beautiful she is, scoop her up and steal her away from jerk man! ha!

Has anyone read "Women Food and God"? Have I already asked that many moons ago and then was not around for the answer? I heard the author on Oprah and stumbled on the book in an airport. Very wonderfully written and I have to really meditate on some of the phraseology.

Would love to chat with someone about it if you read it or are reading it! What did you like, what did you learn, was it hard for you to take, was it personal and could you relate to the author.....etc....etc.....etc.....
Old 07-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #536
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
IM2: I got my VCO from amazon. Honestly I check there first for everything! I was looking at bras today and I always read all the comments. If you place a double order you get free shipping. ('cos it's $25 and anything over 25 is free shipping.) I love the one I got so much that I just re-ordered because I know it's gonna go fast and I'm planning to give one jar to my DD.

I did lots of research and now I'm using some mixed with my shampoo and my conditioner! Without provocation last night, DH said "your hair is so shimmery and shiny. It looks great!"

I'm putting it on my elbows and my cuticles and next I'm gonna try it on the heels of my feet. Love how it tastes, too.

It really does not take very long for it to come in the mail even with the free shipping. It's organic virgin CO and I'll have to check on Netrition to see if they sell the brand before I can recommend it exactly. Did I tell you it tastes awesome?

QUESTION: While doing research I read that you should not heat it in the microwave but it's OK to cook with it or heat it on the stove. Anybody have a clue as to why that is?????
I think the feeling is that microwaves alter enzymes or something. I nuked mine yesterday before I remembered that.

Garden of Life is $9.99 at Netrition today, and it was very yummy! I got two in my shopping cart and almost ready to push the button. They charge $4.95 for shipping, so I guess I'm not coming out ahead of you, YamYam, but I also get my Oregano from them, and they have liquid Stevia without the maltodextrin.

What brand did you find is good, Yam? I also got Spectrum from Kroger cuz I couldn't wait. It is also yummy!!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #537
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2: They sell it at Netrition. It's Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. Check it out!!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #538
Senior LCF Member

I sauteed my chicken tenders in the EVCO today, and put Cajun spice on it. DH raved about it and wanted to know how I fixed it!! Snickers the dog licked out the pan, he loves CO! Fabuloso!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #539
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidge&Jazzie View Post
Hey Guys,

Chromium is supposed to help regulate blood sugar and decrease cravings. I use it!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #540
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
I think the feeling is that microwaves alter enzymes or something. I nuked mine yesterday before I remembered that.

Garden of Life is $9.99 at Netrition today, and it was very yummy! I got two in my shopping cart and almost ready to push the button. They charge $4.95 for shipping, so I guess I'm not coming out ahead of you, YamYam, but I also get my Oregano from them, and they have liquid Stevia without the maltodextrin.

What brand did you find is good, Yam? I also got Spectrum from Kroger cuz I couldn't wait. It is also yummy!!
Smallz: It's Nutiva. Liquid Stevia, huh? I have the powder and it is soooooooo sweet. It's hard to get a small enough amount. I should try the liquid. Thanks for the tip.