Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
CCGirl --- Congrats on reaching a new milestone!! Isn't it great to get into the 170's from the 180's, or 150's from 160's? It's such a thrill to see the scale showing a new ten's digit.

Kam, I'm so sorry that interview was a flop. I know what that's like, and it's downright depressing. Don't feel bad about not doing Stillman's, some of rotate off and on, and personally I believe it tricks our metabolism into not going into starvation mode. See what happened to GT when she went off for a little bit? You're still eating well, and we want and NEED you right here.

I'm going to have to research that 14 day Stillman's thing myself, because I usually rotate to good carbs like fruit and whole grains, but that would be a no-no on the yeast cleanse. Maybe if I just add fats and veggies I will be okay. I'm also thinking about stepping up the attack on the yeast by bringing out the meds tonight, because I haven't felt sick yet. Either I don't have a lot of yeast, or it's not dying!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #482
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Woot woohoo!!!!!!!! See, the glass is half full, not half empty.

Every once in awhile turn around and look back at the girl you left behind on the path; she is still there, much larger than you, waving you onward.
I needed that!

Much, MUCH larger!! I thought I was 189 at my highest weight, but now the ugly truth is out!!
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:40 AM   #483
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidge&Jazzie View Post
Hello All,

I woke up this morning and I am feeling GREAT! I am avoiding the scales until I feel brave enough to face them, but I definately feel thinner and less bloated today and its almost TOM so I am especially excited to feel lighter.

Thank you all for your posts they keep me so motivated!

Currently eating tuna with 1/2tsp mustard 1/2tsp Walden Farms no fat no carb no cal "mayo" - not bad!

Make it a great day guys!
Welcome!! Love your avi and name
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #484
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi peeps!!

Gwn--someone stole your underwear?? The dirty perve. You must be looking mighty fine and hot for someone to do that tho!!! Still think it's disgusting.
Christine-congrats on the 14s!! You're shrinking!!! I'd love to try that coco bark but I really think AS stall me--I tested for ketosis after eating an Atkins-type bar and I was kicked out for the whole evening!!
Kamills--good luck for the job! Keeping everything crossed!
Welcome Jazzie!! Love Miss Piggy!! And I would really love that "no nothing" mayo for my tuna!!
Yam-I have no words of wisdom!! The only thing I can say is that you really have to want to lose the weight--yeah I know we all do-if we could snap our fingers and be a size (insert your perfect size-mine is prob a 2) then we would-but more I really mean what Gwn said you have to be in the right frame of mind. If you're not you'll be on and off plan and you'll just drive yourself crazy!! Something just clicked with me last Nov. But you'll do it-no doubt!! Think back to bootcamp!! Wow! You were really amazing!!
Seems like everyone is hot---yes peeps I mean it both ways!!! I'm boiling up and it's meant to hit 98 at the weekend--and I tell ya this Irish girl is not used to this heat--lying on a beach somewhere, yes good----having to work, not so good!! Buy OMG the best (well one of the best things! He!) about the weight loss is that my thighs don't touch so no rubbing together in skirts!! It's a brilliant feeling!! (That prob sounds really pathetic!)
And I've hit a new low--yay!!! 125!! Which means I'm officially 8 stone something!! We (UK/IRL) measure in stones-14lbs in a stone---so ok I'm 8st13!!--but still!! 8 and a half here I come!!!
It's strange that after cheats we always hit a new low!! I'm not recommending it, I'm just pointing it out peeps!!!!
Congrats on the new low, GT!! I bet you look amazing! Buy yourself a new article of clothing to celebrate! Oh and funny you mention thighs touching, I tried on some skirts yesterday that were in my drawer and just trying them on, my thighs started sweating! I was like, how do girls wear these in this heat? Though I think the secret is baby powder....
Old 07-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
GT -- Congrats on the loss!! And that's NOT pitiful to be happy about being able to walk without thigh interference in this heat!! I was just thinking about that yesterday!

I didn't get sick yesterday on the yeast cleanse, but I did drop a couple pounds!! Of course, it doesn't count because yesterday was the first day back on QWL. I had my ACV in water first thing this morning. I think that's how you do it? The CO did make me heat up --- which I was surprised about since I didn't remember that. I guess I used to rack it up to hot flashes!

I did some research yesterday and pure Stevia is okay in small quantities for Candida. I was surprised how little it took to sweeten the chocolate. That Stevia in The Raw is out, because the yeast feeds on the filler, maltodextrin. So today's coffee will be with a tiny bit of Stevia, then try to get less and less.
Woo Hoo! Congrats!! Does the Stevia have an after taste??
Old 07-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #486
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Gwn, ever get any strange vibes from your neighbors? Research has proven that our first instincts are correct eighty percent of the time.

LMAO! You kill me, CC... seriously...
Old 07-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You guys are soooo sweet! I am good on bras now though, I ran to the mall before work today and got 4 new bras... It was buy 2, get 2 free. But I still ended up spending 68$. I should be good now and no more leaving my laundry unattended! By the way guys, I reported it to the super this morning when I saw her, she asked what time it happened, said it was really creepy and is going to look at the camera, which doesn't point directly to the laundry room, but to see if she can see anything suspicious!

Quote:
I can help you out with some 36C's if you want to pm me your address...I just got a few new ones and the older ones are still pretty new......consider it renting them because your going to get smaller anyway!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 07-07-2010, 09:54 AM   #488
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey guys.... down a little today and still eating red meat.... I think I'm just about good on the iron Haven't had any eggs in days.... Guess I got a little tired of them. Stay cool today everyone, it's gonna be another 100+ degree day here....
Old 07-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh let me tell you about this customer I had.... So... Someone at work brings up my weight loss and this dude starts telling me about his girlfriend who has lost 30lbs since February (I've more than doubled her loss but that's not important, just pointing out how AWESOME QWL is) and that she wants to lose 50-55lbs in total. He then says, "But I think she needs to lose more". I was like um, really? A woman usually knows her body well enough... So he says, well she she's 5'7 and started at 205 and wants to be 150. I said, well 150 sounds good for 5'7. He's like "Well, I was talking to this woman the other day about it and she's 5'7 and weighs 125 but she didn't have curves so I'll give my girlfriend a few extra pounds for that". I asked him what motivated her to lose the weight and he said.... ready???? "I told her I wouldn't marry her unless she lost weight". So I'm obviously in shock that someone would feel comfortable enough to share this with me... pig! I ask him what happens if she gains the weight back after you get married.... He says, well I'm making her sign a prenup just for that, basically if she gains weight, he's going to divorce her and she doesn't get anything, based on her weight gain. He's like, she's bringing debt into this marriage (college loans) and basically, she knows what I'm worth and I'm not risking my money on being unhappy in a marriage with an overweight woman. Then he tells me, without asking, because at this point, I have absolutely nothing say to this piece of crap, that he's worth 500,000.

Jaw Drop.

Seriously.... You're worth half a million and you're worried about losing it to a fat girl.

People win millions of dollars on game shows and lottery tickets every single day. Half a million is nothing in this day and age. Is this guy kidding me? He's completely deluded himself into believing that he's some Richard Branson? Cocky, arrogant, **** head. I just looked at him and then walked away. Some people should really keep some information... to themselves! The poor girl who is marrying this mistake obviously must have low self-esteem.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
That's brilliant CC--that should be your siggy!!!
thank you, you're so sweet!

but I was thinking something more along the line of...

I keep my Christmas lights on-On my front proch all year long
And I know all the words to every Charlie Daniels song
So here's to all my sisters out there keeping it country
Let me get a big 'hell yeah' from the redneck girls like me, hell yeah!

-Gretchen Wilson - 'Redneck Woman'
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #491
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidge&Jazzie View Post
Hello All,

I woke up this morning and I am feeling GREAT! I am avoiding the scales until I feel brave enough to face them, but I definately feel thinner and less bloated today and its almost TOM so I am especially excited to feel lighter.

Thank you all for your posts they keep me so motivated!

Currently eating tuna with 1/2tsp mustard 1/2tsp Walden Farms no fat no carb no cal "mayo" - not bad!

Make it a great day guys!
I'm glad you found us! We love new losers!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Good morning!!!! A big welcome to our newest members!!!! and WTG GT!!!! Congrats on 125!!!

I have so much to catch up on, on here...its a little overwhelming, but I wanted to say:

My name is Al and Im starting today! My fridge is stocked with chicken and Im going to give the 14-Day plan a whirl. Gotta shop for some lettuce, tomatoes, and broccoli and I will be on my way. Im curious how the weight loss will work, (if it will work) so here goes. (fingers crossed). I already started the day off right! Drinking my iced coffee black! No turning back now. upping stats to 122...

Must do's:
Drink 5 bottles of h2o
Make a 10 minute whirlpool in the pool while lugging the kids on my back like a choo choo.
eat my lettuce slow and make sure to only stick to one cup at a time.
start posting my menus again, because there wont be anything to feel guilty about
read up more on this cleanse and CO
catch up on all the posts after I get back from IKEA!!!

(I will not order a frozen yogurt cone. I promise. Ask me about it later. If I did, you can banish me forevah!)

Hugs to all!!! BBL
Hey al! I think I'll follow your lead.. I've been trying strick QWL but I do need my veggies. .but I will be pure with everything else.. I'm eating my can O tuna and I'm on my third 32 oz water . .So I should be good. .
Old 07-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #493
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O my. . i logged in really quick to catch up and there is no way I can do it. .There is so much information that I need to slow down before I miss it all.. Love you guys for keeping this going. .but I wanted to say

Congratulations to GT! O girl . you have got to be extra thin! WTG. I bet you are looking wonderful and feeling even better. . Enjoy it. . and hang with us while we join you!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:30 AM   #494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
thanks all for likin' the humour-yep, that's me, workin' to feed the babies (16 BTW) and the slap on the butt...err, back (I don't want anyone to be breaking bones now-still have plenty coolo left back there, although DBF keeps mentioning how I am shrinking. God(dess) bless the lad, he never said boo about my weight after all this time, not even once......maybe because I have fifteen pounds (now) on him

OMG Gwn.........my eyes would have started bleeding midway through the conversation.
After stating his worth too bad you couldn't blurt out something like, wow, a cheap date...I would have to work two jobs for you to afford me...

you must find the girlfriend and rinse and repeat so she can ditch him quick!

well, back to the wrecking yard...have to arrange a dash panel for a Yukon for a nice army chaplain......I can tell the kitties we have cat food money today!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:30 AM   #495
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Oh let me tell you about this customer I had.... So... Someone at work brings up my weight loss and this dude starts telling me about his girlfriend who has lost 30lbs since February (I've more than doubled her loss but that's not important, just pointing out how AWESOME QWL is) and that she wants to lose 50-55lbs in total. He then says, "But I think she needs to lose more". I was like um, really? A woman usually knows her body well enough... So he says, well she she's 5'7 and started at 205 and wants to be 150. I said, well 150 sounds good for 5'7. He's like "Well, I was talking to this woman the other day about it and she's 5'7 and weighs 125 but she didn't have curves so I'll give my girlfriend a few extra pounds for that". I asked him what motivated her to lose the weight and he said.... ready???? "I told her I wouldn't marry her unless she lost weight". So I'm obviously in shock that someone would feel comfortable enough to share this with me... pig! I ask him what happens if she gains the weight back after you get married.... He says, well I'm making her sign a prenup just for that, basically if she gains weight, he's going to divorce her and she doesn't get anything, based on her weight gain. He's like, she's bringing debt into this marriage (college loans) and basically, she knows what I'm worth and I'm not risking my money on being unhappy in a marriage with an overweight woman. Then he tells me, without asking, because at this point, I have absolutely nothing say to this piece of crap, that he's worth 500,000.

Jaw Drop.

Seriously.... You're worth half a million and you're worried about losing it to a fat girl.

People win millions of dollars on game shows and lottery tickets every single day. Half a million is nothing in this day and age. Is this guy kidding me? He's completely deluded himself into believing that he's some Richard Branson? Cocky, arrogant, **** head. I just looked at him and then walked away. Some people should really keep some information... to themselves! The poor girl who is marrying this mistake obviously must have low self-esteem.
(Picking up my jaw, which had dropped as I was reading the account of this pinhead) You should have said, "Give me her phone number, I think I can give her some inspiration." Then call her and say "RUNNNN!!!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:34 AM   #496
Senior LCF Member

Yes, Al, the stevia does have an aftertaste. Not in the chocolate, though!! It was okay in the coffee, too. I had gotten it on Amazon, it's Stevita out of Arlington, TX. My sis-in-law had some powdered extract without the maltodextrin, I might start looking for that. It didn't taste like leaves.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #497
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Oh peeps-I'm away for like 3 hrs and I've missed so much!! If I start typing my tea will get cold---that is the only bad thing about LCF my tea always gets cold!!!!!!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #498
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Thanks for all the support and encouragement. I'm feeling really positive and ready to make the journey all the way to goal weight! I was cutting up some fresh, in season fruit for my granddaughters today and almost put some in my mouth when in the nick of time I remembered that I am doing qwl, not the eat anything I want and be miserable plan.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #499
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I've just started my 4th week on Stillman's...I'm so glad I started this WOE.
I have indulged in a few salads & a little cream...but have otherwise stayed true.

It amazes me how I can eat a pack of tuna...or just the chicken off of a grilled chicken sandwich...and I can be totally satisfied, energized....but when I am eating breads and pastas & snacky carbs, it's like my hunger can never be filled.
:
Hi Becky-congrats on the losses!! Yeah it is the best thing about QWL--eating carbs just make me crave more!!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:40 AM   #500
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Wow! congrats on the new low. You are really kicking the fat off your body and it's wonderful! Thanks for the advice. I know it's important to REALLY WANT TO LOSE and, to be honest, sometimes I question myself about that.

I mean, come on! If I really wanted to lose it, I WOULD. Right? This is just such a wonderful, comfortable time of my life and it's hard to boot myself out of the comfort zone for long periods of time.
But that's it exactly Yam-if you don't want to lose the weight and you're healthy then you shouldn't bother putting pressure on yourself! You have great things going on right now and you should enjoy every moment of it. You should def rekindle your love of exercise tho, try to eat healthily--and you'll still lose-maybe not like QWL-but you'll be healthy and happy!! That's the difference (if you're happy with your weight--and have no medical problems-then I don't think anyone has to lose weight.) I wasn't happy with my weight at all-I had no self-confidence, kept putting things off, would cancel on friends because I was too self-conscious. So the weight had to go!! I was a very unhappy girl!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 07-07-2010, 11:42 AM   #501
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
I'm doing a little dance for you as I bob up and down to Lady Gaga here in Spain!!!!! I'm so happy for you GT!!!!!!!!! I so get the stones thing, every time I drop into a new stone range I get really happy. Can't wait not to have rubbing thighs, though it is much better these days...
Thanks!! I knew you'd get the stone thing!! It's cool isn't it!! Love Lady Gaga--all over my iPod!!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #502
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
If you can have yoghurt on the 14 day plan, you should freeze a pot (that's what I'm doing at the moment with my low fat yogs, as it hits the nose on my ice cream cravings in this heat).
I was wondering about that--does it really work?? I was thinking of maybe blending in some berries to LF natural yoghurt and freezing it.....but I was wondering what it would turn out like!!!!!!!
At the mo I'm still doing QWL-you know peeps it does work the quickest--but again I can't stick the dizziness and not being able to fall asleep. I know it's the trade-off for weight-loss but I dunno what kind of a body I have(!!!) but I actually do need some carbs to function properly!! Weird I know!!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #503
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
With all this dancing I'm doing for all the losses today, I must lose some weight!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #504
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Sorry to page hog peeps. I'm doing well today (so far). I've only had one pot of low fat natural yoghurt, and I didn't buy any low fat cheese, and I won't buy any later. I've also had some sardines and green beans. I'm going to check out what plan I am actually doing, I have a feeling it's more like the Dukan diet... So I'm sorry I'm not doing Stillman's, please don't chuck me out, I only want to be with you guys :blush: I think that maybe next week, I will try to get back to at least a few days of pure Stillman's. I'm feeling considerably less stressed today though, now that my assignment is sent off and done.

The interview was blah. I disliked the woman who interviewed me, and then she kept harping on about how I wouldn't be able to do a certain amount of hours teaching (despite being used to teaching many above the average). Then she started slagging off my other job offer, despite the other place paying me nearly double. Well, needless to say, I am relieved I signed the contract with the other place. Plus she didn't even have anything to offer me for the next few months. I think I'm going to have to find some bar work for the next couple of months though to keep me going. I have another interview tomorrow, which I think will be another waste of time, but maybe, just maybe they might want to hire someone part time from October onwards, and maybe just maybe they'll have some work for me over the summer.

Right, I'm going to do some more job and flat searches. Will prob be coming back to hog some more. to all!
Your plan sounds great anyway Kamills!!! She sounds like a right cow--you had a lucky escape--imagine her as your boss and having to listen to her every day----no thanks!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 07-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #505
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
See what happened to GT when she went off for a little bit?
Nobody copy me!!! That was the Mother of all cheats--and I am not recommending it!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #506
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Congrats on the new low, GT!! I bet you look amazing! Buy yourself a new article of clothing to celebrate! Oh and funny you mention thighs touching, I tried on some skirts yesterday that were in my drawer and just trying them on, my thighs started sweating! I was like, how do girls wear these in this heat? Though I think the secret is baby powder....
Yup!!! Been there, used that!!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #507
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Quote:
I was wondering about that--does it really work?? I was thinking of maybe blending in some berries to LF natural yoghurt and freezing it.....but I was wondering what it would turn out like!!!!!!!
At the mo I'm still doing QWL-you know peeps it does work the quickest--but again I can't stick the dizziness and not being able to fall asleep. I know it's the trade-off for weight-loss but I dunno what kind of a body I have(!!!) but I actually do need some carbs to function properly!! Weird I know!!
The frogurt works great. You should try it on the 14 day plan! I might go and tuck into one now. Yum yum. How long do you plan to stay on QWL?
kamills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #508
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
You guys are soooo sweet! I am good on bras now though, I ran to the mall before work today and got 4 new bras... It was buy 2, get 2 free. But I still ended up spending 68$. I should be good now and no more leaving my laundry unattended! By the way guys, I reported it to the super this morning when I saw her, she asked what time it happened, said it was really creepy and is going to look at the camera, which doesn't point directly to the laundry room, but to see if she can see anything suspicious!
Good re. the super! Wow your bras are expensive---or do I just buy cheap ones!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #509
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post

Congratulations to GT! O girl . you have got to be extra thin
Thanks!! I wish tho!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #510
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Congrats on the new low, GT!! I bet you look amazing! Buy yourself a new article of clothing to celebrate!
Thanks!! I will!! He! I love clothes shopping now!!!