Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
nitey nite all........ am being stalked by kittens
I can't think of anything better to be stalked by. .hehehe
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
When I first saw your post only the first line showed up! I was really worried! What would we do if you couldn't post! Glad it was just a glitch!

Tomorrow you and me will be perfect on plan, deal?
Scouts honor. . cross my heart and hope to die. . .and all that other good stuff!

I JUST HAVE TO DO IT. I think I fall off the wagon every so often just to remind myself why I am doing this in the first place. . I HATE THIS FEELING> . salt. .bloat. .water retention. . uggg. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
IM2, you have to be totally low-carb or close to no-carb if you are going to get rid of the yeasties. NO cheating allowed or falling off the wagon!!! Where is 2big4mysize's famous butt-glue?? I will have to borrow it for your little "in-the-150's" butt.

I overdid it the other way, which is probably not good for insulin and all that. I had some chicken with greek yogurt for breakfast, and then went out and ran errands all afternoon without food. I wish I could find some edible tuna to keep in the car!!

So far I feel okay, but I just had the coconut oil this evening when I got home. I'm not heating up yet!! I don't remember it making me hot, maybe I didn't have enough of it, I only had a tablespoon per day.

I did make the chocolate with it, but instead of AS I used a Stevia extract, only 5 drops for 5 heaping tablespoons of oil. It didn't turn out very sweet, but it was very good! Is that coconut bark you all are talking about the same thing?

I was near Ross today and remembered I get a Tuesday Club discount, so I tried on some suits for my new job. I fit a 14! It was a little tight around my puffy belly but with the jacket on it did not look bad at all. Long sleeved, so I will probably wait a little while to wear it, so it will fit even better! It was on clearance, and with my discount it cost $9.00. I can't beat that at a thrift store, when you add in the cleaning bill! And the big plus was that it had pockets, so I don't have to put my phone in my purse. What's with this thing about no pockets in ladies' clothes? We have phones and keys, too!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #424
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Hi all, another day in heat paradise. Since I am the furthest North I will assume that I was the coolest one on the east coast today. We reached 94F at about 4PM. Too hot to eat, I had a boiled egg, a chicken breast, 1/2 c. yogurt and some Jell-o.

Swigging seltzer water now.......thanks, Gwn for that tip-I am not a water fan. Yam! We will have to call you Yam Glam.........you look so sophisticated, lack uh suthun bale........(like a southern belle)
Yam-GlamGlamYam Love it!! Don't know how you are living through that heat! You've got the humidity, too, right? Makes it so much worse. Seltzer water is always a great idea. Make sure you get the kind with low or no sodium for sure.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Yam-Yam!!
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #426
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Yam!! Love the avi and really love that hat!! Makes me picture you with a southern accent So glad to see you back! Girl... Do whatever it takes to work on YOU! That means you better get your butt in here, every morning to check in with us and to find the inspiration you need to make it a good day! We all know how tough those first few days can be, so get that fire lit underneath you and get those pounds melting away! I like the idea of small goals... ONEderland... It's only a FEW pounds away!!! We are here if you need us and we want to see you succeed!! You've already blown us away with your boot camp adventure!! Obviously you can do anything, if you set your mind to it!
Oooohhhhhhh it's sooooo good to be back! Ya'all are my buds! Thanks for the pep talk. I really need it. I've managed to maintain on the scale pretty good but I think that might be because I've lost some muscle that I had worked soooo hard to build up. I just have not been exercising at all and that's not good. My pants are getting tight and the underarm flab and muffin top came back. I'm not going to dwell on it too much, though. You are right! You reminded me that I can do anything I put my mind to. And I WILL!!! I WILL!!!

The exercise plan starts tomorrow for sure.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 07-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #427
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Hi, Yam-Yam!!
Hi Christine! Cute Avi!

I am definitely going to be checking in each morning before I work out. I have about 3 weeks until my family reunion in PA. I gotta work this butt off...and other parts, too! Gotta get my boot camp mentality back.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #428
Blabbermouth!!!

Christine: Congrats on wearing a size 14. That's awesome! And, wow, what a great price. Unbelievable. I just love bargains like that. I always find great stuff at Ross, too. And, I know what you mean about the missing pockets. It probably came from women thinking pockets added bulk, like in the hip area, and makes us look fatter. Or, a male fashion designer decided that.

You know it was a man who invented the bra -- oh and high heels. Many torture devices meant for the guy's enjoyment, not ours. Can you imagine guys being forced to wear underwire support cups to enhance their figures?

Yikes! What got me started on that?? lol. Stream of random thoughts...

Fun to be back here chatting and yacking, though! Hope ya'all don't mind!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
So.... I did laundry about an hour ago and I discovered that ALL my bras, and half my underwear were stolen and one pair of pajama bottoms... I'm still going through my head what I put in the wash to see if anything else is missing...

Seriously. What. Is. Wrong. With. Men. Seriously.

I not only feel completely violated but I am beyond pissed at the expense! I just spent 60$ on two of the stolen items and now I have to spend a lot more to replace those things!! Really right now!

Ugh... I leave for Europe in just a few weeks, was not planning on having to spend a bunch of money to replace these things, bras are expensive!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #430
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
So.... I did laundry about an hour ago and I discovered that ALL my bras, and half my underwear were stolen and one pair of pajama bottoms... I'm still going through my head what I put in the wash to see if anything else is missing...

I not only feel completely violated but I am beyond pissed at the expense! I just spent 60$ on two of the stolen items and now I have to spend a lot more to replace those things!! Really right now!

Ugh... I leave for Europe in just a few weeks, was not planning on having to spend a bunch of money to replace these things, bras are expensive!

Gwn: That's so terrible!!! I am so sorry that happened to you. Darn, I just cannot believe someone would do that. It sucks. I know bras are expensive. What size do you wear? A friend of mine (who lost 75 pounds on WW over the last 2 years) just gave me some of her nice 38 DD's and one or two 36 DD's. I'm still in a 40 DD but she is convinced I will get into those in no time.

Anyway, I could mail you a couple of them if you like the lacy kind with underwires and if that's your size?

I remember some of us talking a while back about wearing DD's but I don't remember who.

Just let me know and I'll be happy to mail them.

Hugs,
Old 07-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #431
Blabbermouth!!!

Come to think of it, at 158 you are probably smaller than that for sure, huh?

I so wish my boobs would shrink! But now that I'm older, even when I lose weight I shrink everywhere else but not the bazooms.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

What horrible timing for you! I hope the jerk strangles in them in his sleep.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Christine: Congrats on wearing a size 14. That's awesome! And, wow, what a great price. Unbelievable. I just love bargains like that. I always find great stuff at Ross, too. And, I know what you mean about the missing pockets. It probably came from women thinking pockets added bulk, like in the hip area, and makes us look fatter. Or, a male fashion designer decided that.

You know it was a man who invented the bra -- oh and high heels. Many torture devices meant for the guy's enjoyment, not ours. Can you imagine guys being forced to wear underwire support cups to enhance their figures?

Yikes! What got me started on that?? lol. Stream of random thoughts...

Fun to be back here chatting and yacking, though! Hope ya'all don't mind!
I agree!! Add to that pantyhose. I will still wear pantyhose because my legs are uber white and gross, but I refuse to wear high heels anymore!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #434
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I agree!! Add to that pantyhose. I will still wear pantyhose because my legs are uber white and gross, but I refuse to wear high heels anymore!
Oh yeah. I am soooooo over high heels! I'm in love with the darling ballet slipper look in shoes. I'm tall, so I definitely don't need the height. I dislike being taller than my husband! So no heels for me.

I don't wear pantyhose, but I do wear black tights in the fall, winter and sometimes in spring. That's if I wear a dress or skirt! Mostly when I dress up it's wonderful black dress pants (that do have pockets, yay!) and some nice top with or without a suit jacket.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Okay, peeps, I updated my stats to reflect the newer, more consistent, and HEAVIER scale (sigh). I'm still undecided as to changing my goal weight to 144 to make it an even 50, or leaving it 140, which is far from skinny anyway, but my doctor told me to stop losing last time I was that weight. Well, not the last time, because I was going UP and past that mark again, but when I was losing. :blush:

I know it's only 5 pounds difference, but I feel like such a slob for being in the 190's. No offense to my friends who are there, but I'm very short and small-boned, and sometimes I wonder how the fat knows how to find a place to rest when I was so big. Even at 167ish, I tried on a dress today that shows that my waist is simply one big wrinkle in back, there's so much blubber above and below. I swear, my butt is an actual shelf someone can put their coke down on, it sticks out so much.

Thank you for letting me whine about my new scale. I think I'm coming to terms with it, but it's not easy. It will now take me forever to get into the 150's. For the record, the last day of the old scale it showed just under 160, maybe that makes it easier to bear.

While I hate my new stats, I did notice that I'm getting close to losing 20 pounds on Stillman's!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Aw thanks guys. Yam, I started off as a DD but am now a C... Just bought those new bras. Ugh. Now I have to run out tomorrow after work to buy some more since what I have doesn't exactly fit me properly right now. He can have my old underwear, I need to buy new ones... And smallz, I really hope he does choke in his sleep! There's a camera in the lobby... I'm calling the super in the morning to see if she can access anything from last night to see what creep went in the laundry room at that time. You would think you wouldn't have to babysit your laundry, it's not like it's a public laundrymat. Ugh.
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:47 AM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Good morning ladies!

Smallz, well done on embracing the scales. Just remember you are still the same weight as the other ones, just a different reading. I'm avoiding my scales atm

IM2 and Mim, I'm with you both today. Clean eating, no cheating! I need to eat less low fat dairy.

Al, glad you had a good weekend!

GT, the sardines here are yummy and trust me, I've had some disgusting ones. It tastes just like tuna, but not as dry.

Ok folks, I've got another interview in a few hours. Need to find a job for the summer months. Fingers crossed this place has some work. All teaching jobs disappear in Spain outside the academic year Not good for my bank account.
kamills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:12 AM   #438
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gidge&Jazzie
Stats: 190/190/130
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 7/05/10
Newbie Entering Day 3

Hello All,

I woke up this morning and I am feeling GREAT! I am avoiding the scales until I feel brave enough to face them, but I definately feel thinner and less bloated today and its almost TOM so I am especially excited to feel lighter.

Thank you all for your posts they keep me so motivated!

Currently eating tuna with 1/2tsp mustard 1/2tsp Walden Farms no fat no carb no cal "mayo" - not bad!

Make it a great day guys!
Gidge&Jazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:53 AM   #439
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps!!

Gwn--someone stole your underwear?? The dirty perve. You must be looking mighty fine and hot for someone to do that tho!!! Still think it's disgusting.
Christine-congrats on the 14s!! You're shrinking!!! I'd love to try that coco bark but I really think AS stall me--I tested for ketosis after eating an Atkins-type bar and I was kicked out for the whole evening!!
Kamills--good luck for the job! Keeping everything crossed!
Welcome Jazzie!! Love Miss Piggy!! And I would really love that "no nothing" mayo for my tuna!!
Yam-I have no words of wisdom!! The only thing I can say is that you really have to want to lose the weight--yeah I know we all do-if we could snap our fingers and be a size (insert your perfect size-mine is prob a 2) then we would-but more I really mean what Gwn said you have to be in the right frame of mind. If you're not you'll be on and off plan and you'll just drive yourself crazy!! Something just clicked with me last Nov. But you'll do it-no doubt!! Think back to bootcamp!! Wow! You were really amazing!!
Seems like everyone is hot---yes peeps I mean it both ways!!! I'm boiling up and it's meant to hit 98 at the weekend--and I tell ya this Irish girl is not used to this heat--lying on a beach somewhere, yes good----having to work, not so good!! Buy OMG the best (well one of the best things! He!) about the weight loss is that my thighs don't touch so no rubbing together in skirts!! It's a brilliant feeling!! (That prob sounds really pathetic!)
And I've hit a new low--yay!!! 125!! Which means I'm officially 8 stone something!! We (UK/IRL) measure in stones-14lbs in a stone---so ok I'm 8st13!!--but still!! 8 and a half here I come!!!
It's strange that after cheats we always hit a new low!! I'm not recommending it, I'm just pointing it out peeps!!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:33 AM   #440
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post

And I've hit a new low--yay!!! 125!! Which means I'm officially 8 stone something!! We (UK/IRL) measure in stones-14lbs in a stone---so ok I'm 8st13!!--but still!! 8 and a half here I come!!!
It's strange that after cheats we always hit a new low!! I'm not recommending it, I'm just pointing it out peeps!!!!
Woooooohoooooooo! I always read the stats before I read the posts and couldn't wait to read that what I thought was true - that you lost another pound! That is so exciting! Congratulations!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #441
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Yam-I have no words of wisdom!! The only thing I can say is that you really have to want to lose the weight--yeah I know we all do-if we could snap our fingers and be a size (insert your perfect size-mine is prob a 2) then we would-but more I really mean what Gwn said you have to be in the right frame of mind. If you're not you'll be on and off plan and you'll just drive yourself crazy!! Something just clicked with me last Nov. But you'll do it-no doubt!! Think back to bootcamp!! Wow! You were really amazing!!
Getting in the right frame of mind is hard. You would think that with so much to lose, and a great plan - Stillmans- and health reasons, not to mention vanity, would get me iin the right frame of mind! I don't know that I've really gotten there yet, but I know that there are things I can do to get me there. And the biggest thing is to have a decent weight loss. I know that sounds obvious, but when I've had success, it leads to more success. There are external things that I can do to help me get in the zone - walking on the treadmill, strength training, body toning exercises. I will promise that today I will do my strength training routine. And that I will spend at least 15 minutes cleaning up the treadmill room so that by next week I can actually start using it. (makes me sound like such a slob, which I am, but I moved into this house and it was a crazy move and I just threw stuff into two of the spare bedrooms and have never gotten around to clearing the stuff out!). So, today will be perfect. I'll be on plan - lots of turkey, and I will work out. And all because GT lost another pound!
Old 07-07-2010, 05:48 AM   #442
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Please make sure you report this to your super and consider notifying the police. I know it is a pain, and this may be just the random act, but it may be the act of a stalker. I don't want to overly scare you, but I do want you to be safe!
Old 07-07-2010, 05:59 AM   #443
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Good morning!!!! A big welcome to our newest members!!!! and WTG GT!!!! Congrats on 125!!!

I have so much to catch up on, on here...its a little overwhelming, but I wanted to say:

My name is Al and Im starting today! My fridge is stocked with chicken and Im going to give the 14-Day plan a whirl. Gotta shop for some lettuce, tomatoes, and broccoli and I will be on my way. Im curious how the weight loss will work, (if it will work) so here goes. (fingers crossed). I already started the day off right! Drinking my iced coffee black! No turning back now. upping stats to 122...

Must do's:
Drink 5 bottles of h2o
Make a 10 minute whirlpool in the pool while lugging the kids on my back like a choo choo.
eat my lettuce slow and make sure to only stick to one cup at a time.
start posting my menus again, because there wont be anything to feel guilty about
read up more on this cleanse and CO
catch up on all the posts after I get back from IKEA!!!

(I will not order a frozen yogurt cone. I promise. Ask me about it later. If I did, you can banish me forevah!)

Hugs to all!!! BBL
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:05 AM   #444
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

why didnt they ever come up with those little locker keys to lock the dryers?!?!that is soooo messed up!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:08 AM   #445
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
Ok folks, I've got another interview in a few hours. Need to find a job for the summer months. Fingers crossed this place has some work. All teaching jobs disappear in Spain outside the academic year Not good for my bank account.
I hope it all works out for you KAM!!!! let us know how it goes!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:13 AM   #446
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
While I hate my new stats, I did notice that I'm getting close to losing 20 pounds on Stillman's!
and this is the part to celebrate!!! Dont worry about coming up with a goal weight! That number will change and change. I raised mine, lowered mine, and I think just once I got rid of it all together. that didn't last. you are doing so well. keep it up smalls!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:18 AM   #447
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi YAM!!!! Welcome back!! you are so gonna get right back into your groove!! we need you to! It helped push us to go that extra mile!! and nobody could go that mile up the mountain range and through the forest like you!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:23 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

GT -- Congrats on the loss!! And that's NOT pitiful to be happy about being able to walk without thigh interference in this heat!! I was just thinking about that yesterday!

I didn't get sick yesterday on the yeast cleanse, but I did drop a couple pounds!! Of course, it doesn't count because yesterday was the first day back on QWL. I had my ACV in water first thing this morning. I think that's how you do it? The CO did make me heat up --- which I was surprised about since I didn't remember that. I guess I used to rack it up to hot flashes!

I did some research yesterday and pure Stevia is okay in small quantities for Candida. I was surprised how little it took to sweeten the chocolate. That Stevia in The Raw is out, because the yeast feeds on the filler, maltodextrin. So today's coffee will be with a tiny bit of Stevia, then try to get less and less.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:34 AM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Hey, Yam, Mim, and whoever else just isn't "into it" in their head, I just read this somewhere lately and I will try to recreate it without mangling:

You have to do more than picture yourself thin. That's easy. You have to picture yourself getting thin. Visualize turning down those delicious trigger foods that so often have made you fat and nauseated instead of making you happy. Picture yourself feeling powerful over their lures, and moving toward that goal of being thin. Think about the inevitable hunger pangs you will experience, but thinking of them as fat-burning mechanisms, not deprivation. Your body is being forced to consume the fat on your belly and thighs, which is so much more healthy than your trigger food.

You will achieve your goal when you commit the hard work of committing to the process that will get you to your goal! It will be SOOOOO worth it!

Okay, sorry, I added some of my own mind-speak. If I don't look at my WOE this way, then DIET will truly start with the three letters, D-I-E. And we all know in our hearts this is true! Our dying fat cells are lying to us!!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Ooooh you have a Ross-jealous! WTG on the new suit, wear it like you stole it!!!!!!!!!(you did!)
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote