Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 01:21 PM   #391
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
I should probably mention that I haven't completely given up coffee either,
He!! I have never given up my tea either----with some skimmed milk in it!! Ha!! Still would not like it!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2010, 01:22 PM   #392
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
And after some soul searching I have decided that I am fully goint to commit to getting this weight off.
That's what we like to hear!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #393
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
Hi chicas! I'm not going to do Stillmans as such, but more like Stillman's with a couple of cups of veggies, olive oil and some low fat cheese. I've discovered tinned sardines which are yummers, so I've stocked up and I'll munch on those when hungry.
Sounds like a good plan!! How can you eat sardines??????? God they're worse than dry tuna!!!!! At least tuna doesn't smell!!!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Beth, I don't know if I want to do the yeast cleanse after all that info!! I also heard about cancer being very closely associated or even caused by yeast. You are probably right about this being a literal life-saver.

BUT I REALLY DON'T WANT TO GIVE UP COFFEE!! I can't drink it without sweetener! Maybe I forgot that part about yeast loving AS. What about Stevia? I was going to use the one with the maltodextrin, but that probably feeds yeast. The pure extract might be okay, dontcha think?? Also I was going to make chocolate with the coconut oil, but of course that has to be sweetened.

Mim, thanks for the info about giardia, my DD had it last summer, I didn't know it makes cysts. It sounds kind of like Lyme Disease, it keeps coming back because it encapsulates itself so it can withstand the meds. I would think the yeast cleanse would also get rid of some parasites, but I was thinking of doing one of those cleanses in the future.

We didn't get our yard dug up this morning. Got up late, and DH took my wheelbarrow away to mulch some plants, which needed to be done anyway. This project could take all summer at the rate we are going.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #395
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi everyone!!! Im back from my extended 4th of July weekend!!! Lots of meat (and other goodies), parties, fun and drinks!!! and my cherry on top was going to see Eclipse!!! OMG... team edward all the way! (but my mind couldnt help but wander its way to jacob. heehee) It is a must see!!! You dont have to be a tween to love it!!!

Gwn...your stats are WOW!!!!! I know it came with a couple rough days, but Im proud of you and so glad you got your tummy troubles under control.

So, seems like you're all in cleansing mode. Perhaps I'll join you in a week. I have got to get back to stills fulltime. I admit its tough...
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:34 PM   #396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
I'm a die hard coffee addict... With no sweetener in the coffee, it makes it hard to drink, so you just sort of sip on it here and there... After a few days, you seem to lose your taste for coffee... I thought the unsweetened coffee would grow on me, but now coffee just doesn't taste right to me (though for some reason today it did, probably because it was weakly brewed).... I am seriously considering giving it up... I think it's like nicotine... Part of it is just habit (in wanting a cup of coffee in the morning). Hmmmm... Jury is still out on this one but I will report back with what I end up doing... I always do
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:44 PM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
I'm a die hard coffee addict... With no sweetener in the coffee, it makes it hard to drink, so you just sort of sip on it here and there... After a few days, you seem to lose your taste for coffee... I thought the unsweetened coffee would grow on me, but now coffee just doesn't taste right to me (though for some reason today it did, probably because it was weakly brewed).... I am seriously considering giving it up... I think it's like nicotine... Part of it is just habit (in wanting a cup of coffee in the morning). Hmmmm... Jury is still out on this one but I will report back with what I end up doing... I always do
You mean, EX-addict? I use coffee as a sleep substitute! Maybe I could use a break from my addiction though. I will try tomorrow without the stevia.... I put unsweetened coconut milk in it, which is pretty yummy and low-carb. I wonder if cream would be better for the yeast cleanse? It might slow down the weight loss, but if the yeasts are gone, it should speed up.

Funny thing, when I was younger I used to enjoy my coffee black. Maybe it CAN grow on you that way, I could give it a try. I think part of our sugar cravings HAS to be the yeast. My cravings are so strong, it's definitely NOT natural.
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:22 PM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You made my day, Al Left you some comments!
Old 07-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's nearly 5pm and it's currently 103 degrees out there. I'm getting hungry but need to run to the store. It's 8 blocks away. lolol - Here I go!
Old 07-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #400
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hey Everybody! I'm back. I think. lol. Today it feels like life is calming down a bit and I'm ready to jump back in to the LC WOE. Um...I think...

But not today. Maybe tomorrow or the next day. I need to shop for supplies. I did buy some virgin coconut oil and had it today for the first time. It is yummy! I'm going to try having 3 tablespoons a day. Hoping for glowing skin, shiny hair and decreased appetite as I have been reading on the Web.

I missed being here with all of you! Gonna go back at some point and try to at least catch up with what you have been up to lately.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #401
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
It's nearly 5pm and it's currently 103 degrees out there. I'm getting hungry but need to run to the store. It's 8 blocks away. lolol - Here I go!
Gwn: You are soooooooo beautiful! You look like Meryl Streep, and I just love her and think she is gorgeous. Love the pink in your hair, too. Your stats are awesome! I'm jealous!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #402
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi everyone!!! Im back from my extended 4th of July weekend!!! Lots of meat (and other goodies), parties, fun and drinks!!! and my cherry on top was going to see Eclipse!!! OMG... team edward all the way! (but my mind couldnt help but wander its way to jacob. heehee) It is a must see!!! You dont have to be a tween to love it!!!
It's not out here until the 15th!! But I haven't seen the other 2 so.....!!!!!!!!! You changed your avi for the occasion!!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #403
Big Yapper!!!!

Love the hat Yam!!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #404
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Love the hat Yam!!
Thanks, GT! Wow, you are just melting away, Girl! So close to goal. What is your biggest and best tip? I need some motivation to get re-started and then to keep going.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #405
Blabbermouth!!!

Just went back and read page one. Love the idea of July goals. I might think more about it and add some later, but here are a few that pop into my mind:

1. Make working out a habit; elliptical once a day; strength training 3 times per week.

2. Lose 10 pounds by July 28th (in time for family reunion).

3. Hmmmmm....make that 11 pounds and then I will be in Onederland!

4. Start golfing again -- and do it without a motorized cart!!

5. Drink 80 oz. water per day and several cups of green tea.

6. Look at my body in a full length mirror once a day. (I've been avoiding that lately).

7. Get rid of muffin top. ...for good!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Hi all, another day in heat paradise. Since I am the furthest North I will assume that I was the coolest one on the east coast today. We reached 94F at about 4PM. Too hot to eat, I had a boiled egg, a chicken breast, 1/2 c. yogurt and some Jell-o.

Swigging seltzer water now.......thanks, Gwn for that tip-I am not a water fan. You are a losing machine! You may have to change your goal weight to 'invisible'

Al-check in, check in! Miss you! Oh, there you are you little minx!

This candida thing has really piqued my interest. I have to do the test first......

Shen-dust off your boots and get back up on that horse, it could have been a lot worse!

Mim, what time is dinner? I forget how useful the crockpot can be in the heat!

Kam-sounds like salt fiend has found you....'cankles'

Yam! We will have to call you Yam Glam.........you look so sophisticated, lack uh suthun bale........(like a southern belle)

Last edited by CCGirl; 07-06-2010 at 05:18 PM..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:14 PM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yam!! Love the avi and really love that hat!! Makes me picture you with a southern accent So glad to see you back! Girl... Do whatever it takes to work on YOU! That means you better get your butt in here, every morning to check in with us and to find the inspiration you need to make it a good day! We all know how tough those first few days can be, so get that fire lit underneath you and get those pounds melting away! I like the idea of small goals... ONEderland... It's only a FEW pounds away!!! We are here if you need us and we want to see you succeed!! You've already blown us away with your boot camp adventure!! Obviously you can do anything, if you set your mind to it!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi CCgirl A few more days of this heat... UGH! A friend of mine is moving into a new apartment tomorrow, literally across the street from me... It's supposed to be 102 again tomorrow... Lucky for me, I got out of helping because I'll actually be working... Oh to be moving in this kind of heat! I know what you mean about lack of appetite.... Actually, when I got hungry today, really the *only* thing I felt like eating was a chef salad... Then I imagined how much water I'd retain from all the lunch meat and got another london broil Boy, I am making up for all the red meat I haven't had in months!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:31 PM   #409
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
I know what you all mean about the coffee issue. BUt, it's not forever. I had to lose it for a month as I would bloat out like crazy. But, I've incorp. it back with no problems. It's the AS that kills me still.

Yes, IM, I try and take it everyday. It's good for us to get the natural flora in place so we don't have to have this Crappy Candida killing us.

The bad stuff only lasts for a mo or two then it gets back to normal.

Have a wonderful day.

Hugs,

B
Old 07-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beth and others on probiotics... Is it normal for them to upset your stomach? I took one last night around 9pm... Felt good until about 4pm today. Had some apple cider vinegar in my water about an hour or two before I started feeling icky... Had diarrhea and now feel queasy when I try to eat. Is this still part of the die off? I hate this feeling... It's nothing like the other day (thank Goddess) but still.... ugh. Is it the ACV or the probiotics, ya think?
Old 07-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi CCgirl A few more days of this heat... UGH! A friend of mine is moving into a new apartment tomorrow, literally across the street from me... It's supposed to be 102 again tomorrow... Lucky for me, I got out of helping because I'll actually be working... Oh to be moving in this kind of heat! I know what you mean about lack of appetite.... Actually, when I got hungry today, really the *only* thing I felt like eating was a chef salad... Then I imagined how much water I'd retain from all the lunch meat and got another london broil Boy, I am making up for all the red meat I haven't had in months!
Hey, skinny girlthe heat is suppised to break about Thursday so hang in there......I love it, having grown up in Miami, but DH wilts (it's really BF but we wouldn't want anyone to thinks we were shackin' up now, would we....)
I took two showers today, it's better than any a/c....years ago when I started in the automotive biz I worked in a gas station for a crotchety old Italiam guy(he was a doll) who insisted on a fresh pot of steaming hot coffee every day at noon, even in the hottest weather. He swore it made you feel cooler............
Keep on the red meat, I'll just bet it's a lack of iron.......or just the paleo gal coming out and gnashing her teeth

Last edited by CCGirl; 07-06-2010 at 06:09 PM..
Old 07-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #412
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
How do you do turkey in a crock pot?? I would love to get some crock pot ideas for Stillmans.
I just put it in with chicken broth -I sometimes add herbs, depending on what I have on hand. If it is frozen, I put it in frozen. I really love it done in the crock pot!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #413
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Hey, skinny girlthe heat is suppised to break about Thursday so hang in there......I love it, having grown up in Miami, but DH wilts (it's really BF but we wouldn't want anyone to thinks we were shackin' up now, would we....)
I took two showers today, it's better than any a/c....years ago when I started in the automotive biz I worked in a gas station for a crotchety old Italiam guy(he was a doll) who insisted on a fresh pot of steaming hot coffee every day at noon, even in the hottest weather. He swore it made you feel cooler............
Keep on the red meat, I'll just bet it's a lack of iron.......or just the paleo gal coming out and gnashing her teeth
My father had the same theory about hot coffee on hot days. I have followed in his footsteps! It does make you cooler!

It hit 100 here today.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #414
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

This was not the first day back I had wanted. I thought I had my schedule and food figured out, but - not so much. I didn't do badly, but definately didn't get a star today. Tomorrow I will be perfect.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:27 PM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
This was not the first day back I had wanted. I thought I had my schedule and food figured out, but - not so much. I didn't do badly, but definately didn't get a star today. Tomorrow I will be perfect.
Mimmmmmmm.........it may not have been perfect but you're BACK and that's what counts!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL is the hot coffee an Italian thing.........or just torture?
Old 07-06-2010, 06:37 PM   #416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

these just in............

Merrick Pet Care Recalls Beef Filet Squares 10oz Bag (Item #60016 Lot # 10084TL7 Best By March 24, 2012) Because Of Possible Salmonella Health Risk
Tue, 06 Jul 2010 11:15:00 -0500

Merrick Pet Care, Inc. of Amarillo, Texas is recalling 86 cases of its 10oz “Beef Filet Squares for Dogs” pet treats (ITEM # 60016 LOT # 10084TL7 BEST BY MARCH 24, 2012) because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Salmonella can affect animals and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products. People handling the treats can become infected with Salmonella, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the chews or any surfaces exposed to these products.

no pol afilliation implied and no offense, either-I don't write them, I just forward

When we were kids, our parents would have revolted at the notion that the government could or should control the thermostats in our houses. In 2008, a local government tried to extend its reach that far. Could it come to that for all of us? You bet it could! President Obama has already hinted at it. "We can't drive our SUVs and, you know, eat as much as we want and keep our homes on, you know, 72 degrees at all times, whether we're living in the desert or we're living in the tundra." A quasi-government agency owns the patent on a device that control the electrical outlets in your home. Why do you suppose they have that?

-from Baby Boomer HeadQuarters: WWW.BBHQ.COM weekly newsletter

Michigan Firm Recalls Beef Jerky Products Due to Mislabeling and Undeclared Allergen
Tue, 06 Jul 2010 17:43:27 -0500

M&K II Co., a Macomb, Mich., establishment, is recalling approximately 8,000 pounds of beef jerky products because they contain undeclared allergens, wheat and soy.

AW-BENNIE (proper noun). Town name.
Usage: "The capital of New Yawk is Aw-bennie."

BRATS (noun). High beam headlights.
Usage: "Turn off yur brats, Bubba! You's blindin' me!"

-from How to Speak Southern

Old 07-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Hey Gals! Congrats, Gwn on the new low! you are definately catching up with me. . That's it.. Probiotics to the rescue! Hehhehe.. we are all such copy cats. . but hey. . whatevre works! Heheheh

MIm. . I do my turkey the same way . .in fact. . getting ready to throw one in tonight . I need amo for tomorrow. . gonna only do poultry and fish for the rest of the week. .I need a cleanse..

I will admit. I was not a good girl today. . but again.. it was what I chose to do and I will have to live with the consequenses . I just won't face my scale in the morning. .lol Stupid thing will lie to me anyway. .

I'm down to one coffee in the morning. .just dont' think I can give it up yet. I'm going to order coconut oil now so it'll be here by the weekend. .
Old 07-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

nitey nite all........ am being stalked by kittens
Old 07-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #419
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Ugh, it's so hot hot hot here. And it doesn't cool down at night. It does mean that I've been slurping away at the water. Food wise I was better today, but I have an assignment due in tomorrow, which I'm a little stressed out about, and was munching on low fat laughing cows and low fat yoghurt all day (in between my sardines, green beans and thin cut steak). I really need to cut down on the low fat dairy tomorrow. On the bright side, I went a day without any hardcore carbs which is a definite improvement. I'm going to try without the dairy tomorrow, or at least a great reduction. Will check in more diligently tomorrow and get more involved. Promise!
kamills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
MIm. . I'm going get my turkey out of the freezer and throwing it in the slow cooker right now. . thank you for the reminder~!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote