Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Experiment number one!

1 Tablespoon CO
1 probiotic. . . Just marking my spot so I can track progress..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post

Thanks for setting me straight!
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #363
Senior LCF Member

IM2, the virgin coconut oil I got was from Kroger. It was in the health food section, though. The oil section didn't have it! There were 2 kinds, regular coconut oil for about 11 bucks and Virgin for about 17. It tastes as good as the Garden of Life one! I haven't made chocolate with it yet. I have enough probiotice to get me through the first few days. So, here goes nothing. I sure hope hope hope hope I can lose my prego looking tummy like Gwn did!

Tomorrow morning the DH and I will be digging out a spot for a stone patio, on and near our lovely septic tank. Lots of exercise!! I sure hope it's not really hot. So if I don't check in til later, it's cuz I'm working my buns off!! Too bad they always grow right back.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:37 AM   #364
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
I know, EWWWWWWW. Told you to stop reading!
I should have!!!!!!!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:38 AM   #365
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
T but I apparently don't have enough sense or self-control to have a little, I have to have it ALL!!!
Nope me neither!!
Old 07-06-2010, 12:42 AM   #366
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I'm working my buns off!! Too bad they always grow right back.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:03 AM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shenue
Stats: 280/216/150
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat/Moderate Calories
Good Morning everyone. I hope you all are well and feeling good! Well I didn't do so good last week. 2 days after coming back here, after being away for a long time, I fell off of the Stillman wagon, once again. I've not weighed yet today to see what harm I did to myself last week. But today is another day and a new start and I feel mentally ready to tackle this challenge again.
shenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:22 AM   #368
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shenue
Stats: 280/216/150
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat/Moderate Calories
Just weighed myself......grrrrrrr. Well that's what happens when you fall off the wagon. Up 3 pounds since I came back here a week ago. grrrrr grrrrr grrrrr. Well as I said in my post earlier this morning, today is another day and a new start !!!! Going to go update my signature with my new weight (sigh).
shenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:30 AM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenue View Post
Good Morning everyone. I hope you all are well and feeling good! Well I didn't do so good last week. 2 days after coming back here, after being away for a long time, I fell off of the Stillman wagon, once again. I've not weighed yet today to see what harm I did to myself last week. But today is another day and a new start and I feel mentally ready to tackle this challenge again.
Just get over that 3 day hump. . I know its rough especially when you start over . .but you can do it. .
Old 07-06-2010, 05:33 AM   #370
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! Turkey is in the crock pot and I'm ready for the day. I'm glad to get back to a routine. The long weekend was great fun but hard. I did manage to kinda stay on plan. And after some soul searching I have decided that I am fully goint to commit to getting this weight off.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:33 AM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey. . Where is everyone? You guys gotta check in. .you know what happens when you don't. . Let us know how you are doing and what we can do to help. .

Day 2 of my experiment. .

I choked down 1 tablespoon of CO this morning. . I just can't quite put it in my coffee so I warm up a little bit of water and mix it with that and swallow it quick before my body realizes what I'm doing. . I am going to look today for the Extra virgin oil so I can do this the right way..

When do you guys take your probiotics? I took mine at night yesterday so thought I'd do the same today. . jsut wondering if that's why I didn't want to go to bed last night? Mmmmm.. .

Well. I plan to be extra good today. .no salt! None.. well..except what comes in the tuna. . I think I am still retaining so I avoided the scale this morning. .haven't done that in ages. .
Old 07-06-2010, 05:34 AM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! Turkey is in the crock pot and I'm ready for the day. I'm glad to get back to a routine. The long weekend was great fun but hard. I did manage to kinda stay on plan. And after some soul searching I have decided that I am fully goint to commit to getting this weight off.
WTG, MIm. . sometimes I breath a sigh of relief when the weekend is over, too.. I like routine and knowing I'm stuck at work all day without food. .heeheheh
Old 07-06-2010, 05:37 AM   #373
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Experiment number one!

1 Tablespoon CO
1 probiotic. . . Just marking my spot so I can track progress..
I'm going to join you in about a week. I need to get strong on plan again before I start the cleanse. I'm going to do a full cleanse - including parasites. I've had Giardia Cysts and suspect that I may not ahve gotten rid of all the little buggers. So, I'll do a complete cleanse!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:38 AM   #374
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Nermo - thank you for checking in. We have missed you. And congratulations on entering onderland! You are amazing!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:39 AM   #375
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

don't forget to journal, peeps! it is a helpful tool . . I've gotta dust mine off after the long weekend. .
Old 07-06-2010, 06:12 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Hi chicas! How is everyone today? I'm going to get back onto very low carb as I realised today that I've gained. I don't need to get on the scale to know it. I'm retaining water big time, my ankles have become cankles and I've had to take my rings off (which were really loose before). A lot is to do with the heat, but I've been quite uncontrolled in my eating (despite saying I was doing OK, my carb obsession started to take over). I'm not going to do Stillmans as such, but more like Stillman's with a couple of cups of veggies, olive oil and some low fat cheese. I've discovered tinned sardines which are yummers, so I've stocked up and I'll munch on those when hungry. I need to check in more often too.

So many of you are doing this cleanse... I'm intrigued. What exactly do you do? Is it just a probiotic pill, no artificial sweeteners, coconut oil and Stillmans?
kamills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:38 AM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
WOW!

I'm gone for a few days and you all are blowin' up!

So glad a few of you are doing the Candida Cleanse. It will save your life. Like I mentioned, I was having HORRIBLE die off too. Not as bad as you, Gwen, you poor dear. Man, you must really have it bad. They say when it gets to the skin, you really have it systemically, which means you may have what is called "Leaky Gut Syndrome"! The yeast burry holes in your intestines and this is really horrible. You can leak out undigested food into your blood stream. Do a Google on it. AND, PLEASE STICK WITH IT. Some cancers are actually yeast related. The yeast mimics cancer and isn't treated properly. There's a yeast that lives in the sand in the Middle East and these solders were coming home with lung cancer that never got better. Then a Microbiologist figured it out to be YEAST! If the die off gets too horrible, just slack off your regime. Get the colon cleansed a bit more and take those probiotics RELIGIOUSLY!

BTW ARTIFICIAL SWEETNERS, COFFEE, TEA AND STRESS FEED YEAST. I couldn't figure out why I was blowing up after drinking a diet soda, then I found out that the nasty yeast LOVE ASugars. Great!

The experts say that for every year you've had the Yeast issues, PMS, bloating, etc, that you need to do the prodical for a month for each yr. you've been sick, in order to get better. 3-5 people have it and don't even know it. You could have had it for yrs. and not known it. If you've taken anywhere from 2-10 rounds of anti-biotics in the course of your LIFETIME, then you have it. Man, that's pretty much everyone! Starting at birth...

Gwen, since you've had such a violent reaction you may have parasites as well. Don't get alarmed. Most people who have candida, have parasites as well. The Candida make our colons a breading ground for parasites to live. They live off the Candida's co2. Lovely, right. As we are brewing beer in our colons, these nasty parasites are proliferating at light speed, killing our ammune systems! GET IT OUT. DON'T GIVE UP!

HUGS,
b
Old 07-06-2010, 09:14 AM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Beth: Thank you for the info. .I'm still a little confused about the whole issue but I keep reading and learning. .

So do you take probiotics all the time or do you just take them to kill it off..? is that what you take to keep stable?

I don't wanna give up my coffee. . wahhhhh. . I've given up just about everything else.. OMG> .perhaps I'll just be a walking parasite!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #379
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kelleykalapaki
Stats: 265/250/180
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: August 2011
Hello my friends, finally back after steroid hell and TOM...I have no more excuses!
I've read all your posts and I'm on the probiotics band wagon as well. Started yesterday
to you all!
kelleykalapaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:49 AM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OOhh. .Beth/Gwn. .you've created a few monsters! LOL
Old 07-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
I told her to look at Prada bags to feel better
lolol How'd the spit test work out? I never did it... Seemed most people thought it wasn't trustworthy enough...
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That's the right attitude!! You know, I've done the low carb cycle a few times... It never, ever works, until I am there mentally... sometimes that takes years!! But once I'm there, I'm there... balls to the wall, is how I like to phrase it Ha. Keep up that mentality and you'll be successful!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey. . Where is everyone? You guys gotta check in. .you know what happens when you don't. . Let us know how you are doing and what we can do to help. .

Day 2 of my experiment. .

I choked down 1 tablespoon of CO this morning. . I just can't quite put it in my coffee so I warm up a little bit of water and mix it with that and swallow it quick before my body realizes what I'm doing. . I am going to look today for the Extra virgin oil so I can do this the right way..

When do you guys take your probiotics? I took mine at night yesterday so thought I'd do the same today. . jsut wondering if that's why I didn't want to go to bed last night? Mmmmm.. .

Well. I plan to be extra good today. .no salt! None.. well..except what comes in the tuna. . I think I am still retaining so I avoided the scale this morning. .haven't done that in ages. .
The coconut oil raises your metabolism, so you should not take it a few hours before bed. It can also make you warm... Definitely makes me warm, about an hour after I have it. I think unless it's VCO, it's not good to take, because then it has trans fat?? Not sure, but if you google it, you'll find out. I take my probiotic in the evening... anytime after 7. Right now, I am taking it every other day, still a little scared to take it every day until I see how every other day works out. I agree, it's not easy to get down, try cooking your chicken in it... But if you don't like stuff to taste like coconut, just doing it as a "shot", is best... That's what I've been doing, though I gotta admit it sometimes makes me gag! I think the coconut bark would be the easiest way to get it in, mmmmm especially with some raw, unsweetened coconut flakes in there.... But not sure I trust myself to eat it in moderation
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 07-06-2010, 11:20 AM   #384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
GET IT OUT. DON'T GIVE UP!

HUGS,
b
Wow, you are a wealth of knowledge!! Thanks for all the info... You're right, sticking with it.... Feeling better today, energy is back to normal! I have seen some pictures of people who have it on their skin.... Ugh. I was sorry I looked!! Thanks again for all the info and support!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey Beth: Thank you for the info. .I'm still a little confused about the whole issue but I keep reading and learning. .

So do you take probiotics all the time or do you just take them to kill it off..? is that what you take to keep stable?

I don't wanna give up my coffee. . wahhhhh. . I've given up just about everything else.. OMG> .perhaps I'll just be a walking parasite!
I should probably mention that I haven't completely given up coffee either, though I did give up my splenda and now I'm down to 1/2 tsp of half and half. Though, the day I was sick, I couldn't manage to drink any coffee, then the next day I got an iced green tea, thinking that'd be easier to get down, still couldn't... Yesterday, I drank about 4ozs of coffee... I should have just weaned myself off it completely today, but I had a huge mug and it went down easy. Maybe I will try tomorrow to not drink it again... Hate those coffee withdrawal headaches but in addition to the added benefit of not drinking it, since I buy my cup of coffee every day, I figure I can save myself like 15-20$ a week by not consuming it...
Old 07-06-2010, 11:24 AM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OOhh. .Beth/Gwn. .you've created a few monsters! LOL
IDK what happened!! and I take no responsibility for it! Just saying what I did and what the results were.... and hoping that everyone is doing the research they need to do, for themselves!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya Peeps!
How's everyone doing today?? It's supposed to be 102 degrees here today! I swear in the city it always feels so much hotter though, with all the brick, pavement and glass just absorbing the suns rays, like an oven. Ugh. Went out early this morning to run errands and plan on staying indoors, in the AC, until it cools off a bit. My electric bill is going to be insane this month!

Scale was down another pound today. I have to admit, I've actually been rounding up the last few days! Seems too good to be true and I don't want to jinx anything *knocks on wood*. I had more london broil yesterday and a leftover piece for breakfast today. I am going to keep some lean red meat in my diet, as long as I'm losing weight. If it starts to slow down too much, I will cut it out again.

I'm not sure I'll get any exercise in today, especially in this heat... I haven't had a good bike ride in nearly two weeks and that's kind of disappointing... Gotta tone this "ish" up!!

Okay peeps, off today with lots of computer work to do so I'll be checking in often!
Old 07-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
How do you do turkey in a crock pot?? I would love to get some crock pot ideas for Stillmans.
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #389
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
I think the coconut bark would be the easiest way to get it in, mmmmm especially with some raw, unsweetened coconut flakes in there.... But not sure I trust myself to eat it in moderation
Me neither!! Ever since I saw a pick of it I want it---but I know I wouldn't be able to eat just one piece!! Nope!!
Old 07-06-2010, 12:19 PM   #390
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Hiya Peeps!
How's everyone doing today?? It's supposed to be 102 degrees here today!
Yikes!! I thought 92 or 93 was bad!!!!!!!!!
Congrats on the scale BTW!!!!