Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
I looking forward to a clean colon! yipppeeeeeeee OMG . . will I stop at nothing to lose this weight?

One more week = less grey! I'm going insane not being able to color my hair. . stupid but true . .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. Gwn. .One more question and I'll leave you alone. I"m sorry I'm so slow . . I tried to look back but can't quite make out what you did. .

So how much Co are you taking a day?
When do you take your probiotics and how much? (brand would be helpful . .there are sooo many out there. )
Also. .are you still doing vitamins? Just curious. . I don't want to overload. .I really did try to check out the other boards about Candida but they are all over the place and everyone has their own theory. .

AGain, I apologize for being so dense but I am really shocked that CO would have such an effect. I did research it a bit and found that there are a ton out there. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 07-05-2010 at 10:24 AM..
Old 07-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I have been feeling terribly sore every single morning lately. . I just wrote it off to exercise but today I feel like I've been hit with a truck. .uggg
Hi IM - I wanted to respond to this part of your post as I had the same problem. About 3 months ago I started adding 6,000 mg of D3 and upping my Vitamin C to 2000 mg. I take the D3 in the morning with my other Vitamins/Minerals and the Vit C in the evening. It took about a month but I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT improvement to my aches and pains. You might want to try this for at least a month and see if you feel better.
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Hi IM - I wanted to respond to this part of your post as I had the same problem. About 3 months ago I started adding 6,000 mg of D3 and upping my Vitamin C to 2000 mg. I take the D3 in the morning with my other Vitamins/Minerals and the Vit C in the evening. It took about a month but I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT improvement to my aches and pains. You might want to try this for at least a month and see if you feel better.
Thank you, Webb. .perhaps I will. .I take D3 but not Vitamin C. .I'll try it! Can't hurt, can it?
Old 07-05-2010, 10:53 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Hey Peeps! Scale was down another pound today... Ahhh, to see the 150s after sooo many years! I still haven't been biking, energy is pretty low still from the other day but much better than it was yesterday, should be back to normal by tomorrow, I'd think.

Just to briefly address the cleanse thing... I really can't offer any advice... I don't know enough about it, I should have actually done more research than what I did, though I did do a good amount of research, even researched it years ago when I did Atkins. There seems to be no definitive answer for what works universally. So... it's really frustrating. Some people are telling me that maybe I had food poisoning or the flu now!?!? Really? Even the candida thread on this BB is full of people who really aren't sure about anything.
Gwn - I too found the information conflicting and confusing - that's why when i started with the CO I just posted what was working for me. I did not lose the amount you did (CONGRATS BTW ) but I did lose steadily, which had been a problem and my bloated stomach was really reduced.

I would say that you experienced the sucky die-off. Mine was much more gradual - thank goodness.

There is a really good book about the value and uses of Coconut Oil - it's called " Coconut Oil Miracle" by Bruce Fife, N.D. I plan on getting a copy soon and adding it to my reading material.

Hopefully the next few days will be better for you!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OK. Gwn. .One more question and I'll leave you alone. I"m sorry I'm so slow . . I tried to look back but can't quite make out what you did. .

So how much Co are you taking a day?
When do you take your probiotics and how much? (brand would be helpful . .there are sooo many out there. )
Also. .are you still doing vitamins? Just curious. . I don't want to overload. .I really did try to check out the other boards about Candida but they are all over the place and everyone has their own theory. .

AGain, I apologize for being so dense but I am really shocked that CO would have such an effect. I did research it a bit and found that there are a ton out there. .
IM - I take 4 tablespoons of CO a day. I also take Nature's Bounty Extra Strength Probiotic Gold (have to refrigerate it after you open)
Old 07-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you, Webb. .perhaps I will. .I take D3 but not Vitamin C. .I'll try it! Can't hurt, can it?
No, and remember low Vit C is related to Scurvy - and bone pain among a host of other issues.

Just remember to take your Vit C separately as it reacts with other Vit's and Minerals.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:48 AM   #338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is hot hot hot here today.. perhaps I'll melt some of this fat off. . yooooowhhhhh
Old 07-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
IM - I take 4 tablespoons of CO a day. I also take Nature's Bounty Extra Strength Probiotic Gold (have to refrigerate it after you open)
Thank you. .that helps!
Old 07-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Nope. .we didn't make the parade and we tried to make the best of it by taking the kids to a beach afterwards.. Can you believe all of them were closed? Over capacity!!! so we came home and the kids swam in the pool and we grilled up brats. . like I needed those!! Anyway. . whats done is done . . I think I'm going to try the cleanse..just to feel a little thinner and back in my game. . the heat is getting to me and for whatever reason, I think that's a ticket to eat. . My carb overload yesterday is still hanging on. . it is after 1:00 and I have no stomach to eat anything but I decided to overload on water. . just can't stand the retention right now!!

Smalls, .when you starting? I think I'll order some too. . What brands are you going with. .
I kind of want to start tomorrow even though I'm not ready.... because my DD is at church camp, and in 2 weeks I have to start work in Nashville, which will be about an hour's commute!! (not good for intestinal disturbances) I didn't end up going to CVS (yet) because I'm buried in laundry today, and DH comes home in 2 hours and then to a softball game, which will likely be canceled anyway due to no-shows. I used Garden of Life coconut oil and it was YUMMY. Other peeps have said some brands are gross, so I'm sticking to this until I can find one that doesn't taste like coconut at all. You know, for cooking and stuff. For my purposes, mixing it with cocoa and stevia, it's more than fine, it is heaven on earth!

The probiotics I will order from Melaleuca.com. I'm a member and order online every month, and they have a vitamin combination thingy that comes with all your supplements in a nice packet so you don't have to use a million bottles. The women's formula has probiotics. If you are not a member, and join up online, PM me and I'll let you know how I can credit for referring you. For now I might try the CVS one since it worked (!) for Gwn.

The oregano oil I got from Netrition also, it's NOW brand and I've been taking it sporadically for a couple weeks again, with no bad effects except some nausea, not too bad.

My chiropractor sold me some kind of DeTox formula that I haven't even opened, and it was pricey. Again, I was waiting for the best time to really give it a chance, no cheating on the WOE.

I know I have seen that CO somewhere local, so this evening I will do some hunting for it. Even if I don't start "right," I will still start in the morning. Today has been a "healthy carbs" day. Goodbye, fresh home-grown tomatoes.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:56 PM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Good Morning, Peeps!

So my day didn't go quite as planned and I think I'm suffereing from a food hangover right now! OMG> I slept in late and feel sore and irritable. Yesterday.. we drove 2 1/2 hours north (after we back-tracked once cuz my son forgot something he needed for the parade). . . the engine started making this funny noise, so hubby said. .that's not good. .we better turn around. . Needless to say, we broke down! So, here I am stranded in extreme heat with no shade and all this food in my cooler. . So, me and the boys had a feast while hubby went to get help. . STupid. .stupid. .stupid. .
I am really paying for it this morning. . even my fingers are swollen from the salt! OMG. .so not worth it. . but live and learn. .I'm over it and will start anew today..I am not even attempting the scale. .it will lie anyway. .

I hope everyone has a great day today.. I'm gonna work from home .. in the Air!
IM if there's anything I can do to help with the car please let me know, DH is a certified master tech and I was a professional parts manager for a long time before switching to salvage parts.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hiya peeps. Sorry my laptop is still wacked. I am down to 198! I wasnt to great today but i will be all good tomorrow i promise. Cant change my stats from this stupid phone, but i will keep u guys posted through posts, i dont have the money for a new laptop now :-(
nermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
IM if there's anything I can do to help with the car please let me know, DH is a certified master tech and I was a professional parts manager for a long time before switching to salvage parts.
Thanks CC. . .we just found out the engine is done! It is really frustrating because we had someone work on it about 6 months ago and something they did to it..caused engine distress. . They admitted it was their fault and put a new/used engine in for a discount... so needless to say. .this is the replacement engine and it went kaput, too! Not sure if they will do anything about it. .but we are going to try. . we have not put too many miles on it because we have been having on-going problems. . .just not been having good luck with vehicles lately. Went out this morning and my other van had a flat tire. . Uggg. . at least that was an easy fix. .expensive.. but easy. .

So much for a restful day today. . Kids want to go to the movies but I really don't. .the popcorn would just be too hard to ignore today. .I'm a little stressed
Old 07-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Rachel, CCgirl, I would think Stilly would be okay with Greek yogurt. You put the protein/fat/carb count up against cottage cheese and Greek yogurt wins! Plus it has the probiotics which are good for anybody! I use it on Stillman's days to mix with my canned chicken for chicken salad. I wouldn't go overboard with it, but then again I don't think you should go overboard with cottage cheese either. I'm just sayin', I have lost with it. We all have to do what works for us.

One thing that you all do that does NOT work for me is the fake sugars. I've been meaning to ask, has anyone else been using Stevia? I get Stevia in The Raw, which also has dextrose in it. It doesn't seem to stall me like aspartame and doesn't have such scary warnings about it like the others. I used to be a big Splenda fan but now I'm leaning toward Stevia because of its benefits to blood sugar levels.

I think it was IM2 that brought up the point that the fake sweeteners might have a worse effect on us because our calorie/carb count is so low, we might be getting more sensistive to its bad effects.

Maybe knocking out the yeasties will make me stop craving sweets altogether. That would be the ideal answer. Thanks for letting me ramble.
Thanks for the blessing on the GY, I kinda figured it was comparable to cottage cheese or even better. It's a great sub for mayo, sour cream, etc.

Just MHO but I can't stand the stevia, it has a bitter aftertaste for me.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gwn, could red meat craving mean you're low on iron? Just a thought.

Christine, there's a saliva test for yeast? OTC or by dr.?
Old 07-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hiya peeps. Sorry my laptop is still wacked. I am down to 198! I wasnt to great today but i will be all good tomorrow i promise. Cant change my stats from this stupid phone, but i will keep u guys posted through posts, i dont have the money for a new laptop now :-(
WTG Nermo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sell a child or two, Staples has a nice Compaq on sale this week for 299 and it's a steal. Windows 7 tho..........sorry, I like my Vista but all you can get is 7 now anyway.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks CC. . .we just found out the engine is done! It is really frustrating because we had someone work on it about 6 months ago and something they did to it..caused engine distress. . They admitted it was their fault and put a new/used engine in for a discount... so needless to say. .this is the replacement engine and it went kaput, too! Not sure if they will do anything about it. .but we are going to try. . we have not put too many miles on it because we have been having on-going problems. . .just not been having good luck with vehicles lately. Went out this morning and my other van had a flat tire. . Uggg. . at least that was an easy fix. .expensive.. but easy. .

So much for a restful day today. . Kids want to go to the movies but I really don't. .the popcorn would just be too hard to ignore today. .I'm a little stressed
It sounds like your mechanic is one of the good guys. Not knowing how many miles were on the used one was a crap shoot, tho.

Year, make, model, engine size, auto or manual trans, 2 or 4 wheel drive, number of miles on vehicle, and your closest large city please? I have friends in many places..........
Old 07-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #348
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi Peeps! Just saying Hi!! Work has been crazy!! And it's been so hot we've been out in the park at night-we had a mini 4July celebration barbeque yesterday!! It was gooood! Too good!! I had 2 thick homemade burgers and some jerk chicken! (never had it before) Yum! I hope everyone had a great day!!...
well I read your posts-so I'm sorry about the car, Im2. Still you spent the day with the kids so.....And I can't believe the beaches were closed--they do that????!!
Christine-that was a wealth of info re. eating protein to negate the effects of carbs, and I keep reading about that hour window for eating carbs--I'm still reckoning they don't mean choc and cookies etc. tho!! Pity--an hour a day dedicated to choc-yum!!
Gwn--congrats on the new low--sorry about the hard time with the cleanse. Even tho you and Sharon have had great results with the CO-I don't think I'll try it for a while!! Couldn't stick it with the heat!!!
Lisa-I'm glad things are moving along for your TT!!
Kamills-that is so the way to be thinking about the weight-loss!! And yay on the job--the option of two--WTG you!! I'm guessing you're much happier now you're with your BF!! Have a great trip!!
Nermo---so happy to see your sleepy head---especially as I'm on my way to bed!!
Sorry peeps, I can't remember all your posts (oh I liked the 4July pick CC! oh yeah and do I say ok peeps a lot??!!) so Hi to everyone else!! Nite nite!!

Editing to say I love Greek yoghurt!! I've eaten it the past to up the calories and fat a bit when I couldn't stick more chicken--and it didn't stall me! If Stilly says cottage cheese (tried it a few weeks ago, nearly gagged!) then Greek yoghurt has to be ok--I would watch the cals tho!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 07-05-2010 at 03:25 PM..
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GY too cool you celebrated the 4th for us over there!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 04:21 PM   #350
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

funny test.....International Dining Etiquette........I bet our euro girlz get higher scores

http://www.fekids.com/img/kln/flash/...utTheWorld.swf

I got 9 out of 11!

Last edited by CCGirl; 07-05-2010 at 04:26 PM..
Old 07-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Gwn, could red meat craving mean you're low on iron? Just a thought.

Christine, there's a saliva test for yeast? OTC or by dr.?
I read about it on another site, and I think I read it here, too. For those of you with fragile stomachs, stop reading right here!! this is the best I can remember, and it's pretty simple:

After brushing your teeth at night, spit into a glass of water and leave it til morning. When you get up, it should be sitting there on top of the water. If the spit forms "legs" or stringy things reaching down toward the bottom of the glass, it means yeast is present. I know, EWWWWWWW. Told you to stop reading!
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:14 PM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Christine-that was a wealth of info re. eating protein to negate the effects of carbs, and I keep reading about that hour window for eating carbs--I'm still reckoning they don't mean choc and cookies etc. tho!! Pity--an hour a day dedicated to choc-yum!!
That's why I stopped losing on it!! I was concentrating on how many pieces of junk I could stuff into my face for that one hour!! I am a true Carbohydrate Addict, it's very sad.:blush: I know the book tells you to eat a healthy meal and then have a little dessert, but I apparently don't have enough sense or self-control to have a little, I have to have it ALL!!!

I'm blaming my addiction on the yeast. I LOVE SUGAR.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
I read about it on another site, and I think I read it here, too. For those of you with fragile stomachs, stop reading right here!! this is the best I can remember, and it's pretty simple:

After brushing your teeth at night, spit into a glass of water and leave it til morning. When you get up, it should be sitting there on top of the water. If the spit forms "legs" or stringy things reaching down toward the bottom of the glass, it means yeast is present. I know, EWWWWWWW. Told you to stop reading!
I read that you are supposed to do it first thing in the morning. . before you brush your teeth. . like right when you wake up. . .I have to admit. . I tried it a long time ago. .and of course I have yeast. . but I wonder if anyone has a "normal" test. . that was before I tried the CO tabs. .

I just got home. armed with my probiotics and my coconut oil. . the only place I could find CO was in the grocery store and they only had one brand. . Is it the same stuff ya'all are doing? the cooking oil? It says pure coconut oil on the jar. . Do you need to refrigerate?
Old 07-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Nermo. . great job on the loss.. glad to see you are sticking with it.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What is Candida - The Test

Last edited by IM2fat; 07-05-2010 at 05:19 PM..
Old 07-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Okay, it's do or die!! I got the ACV and remembered which one is recommended, it's Bragg's. They had it at Kroger! They also had Virgin Coconut Oil but it was Spectrum Brand, which I have never tried. I'll order the good stuff from Netrition because I will need more next week anyway.

So tomorrow I will attack the yeast through several methods:

1. Starve it by eating only protein. QWL!!!

2. Hit it with Coconut Oil, ACV, and Oregano Oil. I also have Milk Thistle in the house, which is supposed to help also.

3. Have a little extra Magnesium and some Erythritol to get things moving faster. Nothing left for the buggers to feed on!!

Sorry, that last one was TMI. I plan on staying close to home for most of this week in case I get bad die-off symptoms. Sharon, it's nice to hear that I don't have to feel like Gwn did.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:23 PM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hey guys, sorry for not responding sooner, got swamped at work and couldn't get back online! Smalls, I bought the CVS brand, I believe it was 16.99$ - Just says Daily Probiotic and it is the 10billion capsule one, I think they have a less potent (1 billion) version, if I remember correctly. I am using the CO that I got at Whole Foods... I love it but I love the smell and taste of coconut. On top of all that, I still take a multivitamin and a biotin pill every day. As for the CO, it says to work your way up to 4 tablespoons but I haven't gotten there yet, I'm at 2 tblsps a day. I have a hard time figuring out to get it in so I usually just do a tsp at a time and follow it with some water or coffee.

CC. after all the puking, etc and TOM around, definitely low on iron. Had more london broil today! It's delicious and a really cheap cut of meat!

nermo, so glad you checked in and congrats on ONEderland!!! Come back to us soon! We need you around here!!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
I read that you are supposed to do it first thing in the morning. . before you brush your teeth. . like right when you wake up. . .I have to admit. . I tried it a long time ago. .and of course I have yeast. . but I wonder if anyone has a "normal" test. . that was before I tried the CO tabs. .

I just got home. armed with my probiotics and my coconut oil. . the only place I could find CO was in the grocery store and they only had one brand. . Is it the same stuff ya'all are doing? the cooking oil? It says pure coconut oil on the jar. . Do you need to refrigerate?
Is it virgin coconut oil? You don't need to refrigerate it. What brand is it? I got two brands... the 365 Whole Foods brand and Nutiva.
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Crap! I just looked up the coconut oil I bought and it doesn't appear to be the right stuff. .I'll have to run and find some tomorrow. having a heck of a time here. . Drug store didn't carry it and I was suspicious. .OUr Kroger only had this brand. . so I bought it. .I guess I can use it to coat my pans if needed. . Or rub it in my frizzy hair. . hehhehehe

Walgreens had their Nature's Best Probiotic but one get one free so I tried that!

Last edited by IM2fat; 07-05-2010 at 05:43 PM..
Old 07-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

any thoughts on enough probiotics from yogurt? why isn't there a recipe for fat die off.....o I forgot that would be Stillmans

Thanks for the test info, will have to see if we grow legs tomorrow.......

IM get back to me on the car I assure you I can help!

Mom just called...on her cell (unheard of) it seems the family probs never end with his kids (hubby no. 3 FYI) I told her to look at Prada bags to feel better