Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 04:21 AM   #271
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning. Thank you all for the words of encouragement. I can do this with a lot of help from my friends!

I'm not sure what the meal times are today. My son in law is master of the grill today, so after church I'll go to their house. We have hamburgers and hot dogs, and I made a low carb mock-potato salad (cauliflower) that my dd loves. She needs to gain weight - week 20 and she still has not gained. But the "morning" sickness is subsiding. Anyway, she loves this salad, and even though it would have more calories with potatoes, if this tastes good to her she will eat lots!

As for me? I'm going to eat meat. Lots of meat!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2010, 05:00 AM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Attaway to bounce back Mim!!

I'm still plugging along...made it through a birthday party and pizza night yesterday with my pack of tuna...ate cottage cheese when I got home...that's something I can look forward to ...I love it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning. Thank you all for the words of encouragement. I can do this with a lot of help from my friends!

I'm not sure what the meal times are today. My son in law is master of the grill today, so after church I'll go to their house. We have hamburgers and hot dogs, and I made a low carb mock-potato salad (cauliflower) that my dd loves. She needs to gain weight - week 20 and she still has not gained. But the "morning" sickness is subsiding. Anyway, she loves this salad, and even though it would have more calories with potatoes, if this tastes good to her she will eat lots!

becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:06 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Just making it known that the Candida cleanse damn near killed me today. Peeps, the "die off" effect is no joke. I felt like I had the flu, worlds worst hangover and food poisoning all at once today. Had to leave work early, threw up 7x today. Can barely keep water down, no chance of food. It's 11:30pm, I haven't gotten out of bed yet but going to try to eat some jello. Sorry been MIA. If I survive the night, I'll check in tomorrow
Gwn - I am sorry you are experiencing the "die off" Mine was not quite so bad. Make sure you follow-up with a good probiotic for at least 30 days (you should take this along with the Candida cleanse so that the "good" bacteria get started. It will help you feel better. The "die-off" symptoms can last a week - hopefully yours is shorter.
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:12 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Bison Meat Recall

FYI for those of you who eat Bison. There is a Nationwide recall.

Colorado Bison Meat Recalled After Link To E. coli - National News Story - WSB Atlanta
Old 07-04-2010, 05:19 AM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
GWN! I am sooo sorry ..maybe I'll skip the cleanse Eerggg..

Going to be MIA today as we have another parade and then we plan to go to the beach for some fun in the sun. .we shall see how that turns out. . lugging my tuna and eggs. . and will probably grill some vittles. .

Have a great day. . I'll check in when I get home. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:21 AM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
I survived the night and feel pretty good this morning. At least I can go into work today. I actually feel better knowing I got rid of all that "junk" yesterday. Swebb, I'm afraid to keep taking these probiotics . I can't have another day like yesterday . I know that's what I really need to do though but omg I thought I was dying yesterday! Also when I said Candida cleanse, the only thing I've been doing was taking vco and the probiotics, had only taken 3 pills, hit me on the fourth day...
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:23 AM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
This reminded me of a joke (about men) I heard a while ago...well actually it was a sticker on the back of a womens car and it read...Men are like floor tiles...lay them right the first time and you can walk all over them for years.
love that........

Mrs. White: Husbands should be like Kleenex: soft strong and disposable.
Colonel Mustard: You lure men to their deaths like a spider with flies.
Mrs. White: Flies are where men are most vulnerable.
Colonel Mustard: Right!

-from the movie Clue (1985)
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:26 AM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
GWN: What were you taking for your candida again. .I'm too lazy to look back . we are so chatty , it's difficult to find. . How long have you been doing it? I just wonder about this stuff. . its all over the internet but people go through their whole lives without doing a "cleanse". IDK. . but on the flip side. .maybe that's my problem. .

or are you only taking the probiotics? I'ma little slow. .sorry

Last edited by IM2fat; 07-04-2010 at 05:28 AM..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:30 AM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Does anyone eat London Broil? Its a cheaper cut and very very lean except for the edges. I like to slice it, season it and throw it on the grill. Its my new favorite meat. The ribeyes were soooo good last night but way to fatty for stills...
I love it...I splurged for a ribeye a few weeks ago and it was major dissappointing! Not any more tender and it had this big piece of sinew/leather running down the side. LB is cheap and sooooooooo versatile..........I broil or grill and slice on the diagonal cross grain. It presents wonderfully for guests.
I got a nice one yesterday for tonight, will be making up some Montreal seasoning (I always make my own-no pre prepped stuff here) and lettin' her rip tonight.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:33 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I survived the night and feel pretty good this morning. At least I can go into work today. I actually feel better knowing I got rid of all that "junk" yesterday. Swebb, I'm afraid to keep taking these probiotics . I can't have another day like yesterday . I know that's what I really need to do though but omg I thought I was dying yesterday! Also when I said Candida cleanse, the only thing I've been doing was taking vco and the probiotics, had only taken 3 pills, hit me on the fourth day...
Keep going - the initial die-off is the worst. It will get better. Drink lots of water (which I know you do already).
Old 07-04-2010, 05:34 AM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I bet you look cute!!!!
Totally........cute lil' hawt momma!
Old 07-04-2010, 05:45 AM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
When I say no BLTs--people think it's a Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato sandwich!!!! Oooooh cake!!! Eating tuna (only cos i had a couple of tins left-I won't be buying any more!)
Dunno what London broil is--never heard of it!! I'm so bad!!
the jury's out on that one-some call it a cut of beef, others a cooking method. It seems to be a thick cut top round steak...

London broil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
London broil is a North American beef dish usually made by broiling or grilling marinated flank or round steak and then cutting it against the grain into ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_broil

London Broil
Feb 16, 2010 ... What is London Broil? Is it a certain cut of beef or a cooking method?
London Broil
Old 07-04-2010, 06:07 AM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
For those that want to post pics but dont want the entire world to see, I have found a solution to your problems!!!

click your avatar
go to the friends section on right
click edit your friends
add members as contacts
save

then create an album and choose private viewing. Only contacts and admins can see.
Al, if this is your invite for me to scare us all with my redneck photo album then I am IN!!!!!!!!!!!Welcome to the country, y'all.....will work on it later (today if possible)inquiring minds need to know!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 06:15 AM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sorry-double post.........danged satellite anyway

Last edited by CCGirl; 07-04-2010 at 06:16 AM..
Old 07-04-2010, 06:18 AM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Wow we are a talkative bunch today

I will try to catch up and comment tonight.....

Just a quick report - scale was down another .5 today For ME the CO seems to really be working. My goal was to lose 50 pounds by July 10th and I am 2 pounds from goal.....

Everyone enjoy their meat on the grill this weekend - stay safe.
WTG girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if I could take the heat with the CO
Old 07-04-2010, 06:22 AM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Im2, I've only been doing the coconut oil and probiotics. Since I've already been doing the low carb diet for months now. I think that cheat weekend really aggravated the yeast though because I could not get rid of that bloated belly for nearly a month and got a weird burny/itchy rash on my face(yeast rash). I agree, lots of people live with it for years but there are always underlying symptoms. I haveto go back and check but I think I also lost 9lbs since starting it on Tuesday and my belly is flat once again. A lot of nasty unmentionables came out of me yesterday and I am at least happy for that!

Swebb, I know you're right! I'll take another probiotic tonight. I really hope the worst is behind me!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 07-04-2010, 06:48 AM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Arms are incredibly sore!! Did you know the DVD that comes with the shake weight is a workout video?? I'm not doing that again today, but I'm doing a little at a time. OW!
Gotta get into crunch mode to get rid of the big tummy. I look PG.

On the bright side, those size 16 shorts that I just got back into a few weeks ago are getting BIG on me!!
MOON us girl when they fall off yer hineygreat news
Old 07-04-2010, 06:50 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel_LA View Post
Hello everyone. I'm new here I just joined today. I found this site when I was googleing stillman's diet. I found that this site is wonderful to support eachother. Weight loss wasn't an issue for me until about 2 years ag. Anyway I wish everyone the best of luck in reaching your goals not only on weight loss but in life a well.
My reasons for losing the weight:
To finally shop for a wedding dress
To feel my age instead of twice my age
To fit in my clothes comfortable without worrying about my rolls bulging out.
To stop yoyo dieting!!!!!!
Welcome Rachel!!!!!!!!!! Just curious, how did you find out about Stillmans?
Old 07-04-2010, 06:55 AM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome
I just started today. So far I'm not feeling too bad. I just bought a bunch of chicken and steaks. I was wondering can I have non fat yogurt instead of cottage cheese? Well, we shall see how long I can last... I'm hoping I can reach my goal once and forall. 40 bloody pounds to lose
Rach, not sure if our members would agree but I do go Greek (yogurt not kinky) occasionally...super hi protein and fewer carbs.........

okay GT IM Gwn Shar Christine whaddya think on this......am I in denial?

Yam check in please, or have those grandkids locked you in a basement somewhere?
Old 07-04-2010, 06:58 AM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OK> . Bad mom alert! Can you believe I did this? I'm such a dork! Anyway. .kids had a parade today (out of town) so me and the youngsters stayed home. . Even though tomorrow is the 4th, our big fireworks display is tonight. . I don't feel like going go so I bribed my children with a bon fire, marshmellows and chocolate! So. .we are staying home but they are eating bad stuff. . not a way to set a very good example. . but, on the flip side of it. . I can get the chocolate out of my house! I can't believe I had some hidden in my liquor cabinet. . and I didn't even know it . LOL. .found it the other night when I was looking for something without carbs to drink. .nothing but pucker and butter shots left . . . someone else must have beat me to the rum. . .

Just so you don't think I'm totally unpatriotic and evil.. we have another parade tomorrow so I plan to go to that one. .
Awwwwwwww.......come on, girl....what's a childhood without somemores? As long as it's considered a treat and not the usual you could still use the situation as a tool.

Chocolate and marshmallows as a tool..........I am SO losing it
Old 07-04-2010, 07:04 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I haveto go back and check but I think I also lost 9lbs since starting it on Tuesday and my belly is flat once again.
Woo Hoo!!

Quote:
I really hope the worst is behind me!
Quite literally
Old 07-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

My motto for the month of July:

Whatever we can dream together, we can achieve together......
Old 07-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the laugh, Swebb.

Shu!

Having a hard time eating today. Still feel very weak and sort of scared to eat, especially since I am at work! Gonna try to get a hard boiled egg down though. Not sure what's for dinner, probably chicken. Though I'm not gonna lie, the pic of that london broil looks delicious!!

Happy 4th everyone (in the USA) I work until 6 then it's off to the Ben Franklin Parkway to watch the Goo Goo Dolls perform and see the fireworks!!

Hey, where's kamills?
Old 07-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #294
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel_LA
Stats: 180/155/115
WOE: stillman's
Good morning guys
I don't know if this is normal for the first day of stillman diet, but I went from 155 yesterday to 151.2 today. I'm hoping I'm not going to gain it back tomorrow when I weigh myself again. Also I already noticed that I'm not that hungry, but my craving for sugar is what kills me
Well hope you all have a great 4th
rachel_LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #295
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel_LA
Stats: 180/155/115
WOE: stillman's
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Welcome Rachel!!!!!!!!!! Just curious, how did you find out about Stillmans?
I was doing my own lowcarb diet for a while and then my friend got me into the cabbage soup diet which was so hard to stick to. So when I gained back 20 of the 40 pounds I lost I decided to do my research and see what works. I think stillmans is the most successful and cheap diet. I don't have to buy any special foods like when your on atkins or other diets. So I decided to give it a go after reading about it on google and finding this site also.

Where do you buy the Greek yogurt from?

Also I was wondering does anyone take any kind of fiber supplements while on this diet? I already am not very regular digestively so I don't want to feel worse doing this diet.

Thanks again for your warm welcome
rachel_LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Rachel! Welcome and congrats on the loss, definitely normal for Stillman's!
I take a multivitamin and Biotin, daily.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:19 PM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Just making it known that the Candida cleanse damn near killed me today. Peeps, the "die off" effect is no joke. I felt like I had the flu, worlds worst hangover and food poisoning all at once today. Had to leave work early, threw up 7x today. Can barely keep water down, no chance of food. It's 11:30pm, I haven't gotten out of bed yet but going to try to eat some jello. Sorry been MIA. If I survive the night, I'll check in tomorrow
OMG the torture........the things we do to be slim! Feel better soon!

Gwn I may have missed it but what led you to believe you had candida? The bloat from hell? thx

Last edited by CCGirl; 07-04-2010 at 12:33 PM..
Old 07-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post

I hope that's not a bad thing with your DD, it seems she should be starting to show now, no?

Must find that mock potato salad recipe....it sounds deelish!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I was doing my own lowcarb diet for a while and then my friend got me into the cabbage soup diet which was so hard to stick to. So when I gained back 20 of the 40 pounds I lost I decided to do my research and see what works. I think stillmans is the most successful and cheap diet. I don't have to buy any special foods like when your on atkins or other diets. So I decided to give it a go after reading about it on google and finding this site also.

Where do you buy the Greek yogurt from?

Also I was wondering does anyone take any kind of fiber supplements while on this diet? I already am not very regular digestively so I don't want to feel worse doing this diet.

Thanks again for your warm welcome
WTG loser (the weight) girl!

I get the greek yogurt right in the dairy case at Price Chopper. Get the big tubs (cheaper) and mix with CL or Splenda and a little flavored extract of your choice. Soooooo thick and creamy, you can even mix it with SF choc syrup and it's like having pudding. And it's so high protein you don't end up eating tons.

Note-go easy on the extracts because if you overdo then all you taste is the alcohol

I try to take a multi, a calcium with mag, two biotins and two mag(nesium) every day. The mag moves things along without the bloat and discomfort of the fiber.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
OMG the torture........the things we do to be slim! Feel beeter soon!

Gwn I may have missed it but what led you to beleive you had candida? thx
my bloated belly after consuming known trigger foods and the weird rash I got on my face. It was all tiny white dots that sort of sloughed off after a few days, itched and burned...