Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Losing it in June the Stillman Weigh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to June Stillman's Losers! We are a friendly bunch dedicated to kicking the fat to the curb once and for all! Please join us and feel free to post your thoughts, questions, success stories and rants and be prepared for a warm welcome! No matter what Stillman's plan you are on, we welcome you and would love you to join the rest of us losers on this journey. Lurkers! June is the month. We are looking forward to see a lot less of everyone!!!

Dr.Stillman's ~“INCHES-OFF DIET”
Dr.Stillmans ~14 Day Shape Up Program
Dr.Stillman's ~Quick Weight Loss Diet
Stillman Recipes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by IM2fat; 05-01-2010 at 07:40 AM..

Last edited by IM2fat; 06-01-2010 at 08:51 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lita's way
Stats: 210/185/140
WOE: HEALTHY EATING
Start Date: jan 2010
hi im2
how much weight can be lost in 1 month with no cheats.
just curious.i started on stillmans on 5-9-10 and have lost about
10 pounds but i havent exactly eaten clean. i want to stay clean
this whole month but i find i get derailed with salads.
lita
Old 06-01-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Let's plan to plan this month and lose those pounds! I'm up for a first 10 pound challenge .Anyone else? eating my tuna, drinking my water and running to the bathroom!! I just couldn't catch up with the May Thread. you guys were rocking it this weekend. I was good up until yesterday? Stupid almonds get me every time. I avoided scale today (water/salt). . and will think about it in the morning. .I'm gonna be pure from now on! Wish me luck!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lita's way View Post
hi im2
lita
I am sure you already know. . everyone is different but we've had some huge losers in the past. If you are pure, I am sure you can easily lose 20 - 30 . The Doc claimed people did it all the time. If you are not a chronic, frequent dieter. .I am sure you will lose very quickly. Stillman followers: What do you think?
Old 06-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Let's plan to plan this month and lose those pounds! I'm up for a first 10 pound challenge .Anyone else? eating my tuna, drinking my water and running to the bathroom!! I just couldn't catch up with the May Thread. you guys were rocking it this weekend. I was good up until yesterday? Stupid almonds get me every time. I avoided scale today (water/salt). . and will think about it in the morning. .I'm gonna be pure from now on! Wish me luck!
Hi IM2! Thanks for doing the new thread. I like the name. Don't worry about yesterday. It was only one day and you are already back on track. June is going to be a cheat free month I hope. And I'm with you on the pure clean eating. How long is the 10 lb challenge for? I'm in!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lita's way View Post
hi im2
lita
No cheats, I usually lose about 0.5 - 1lb a day. Averaging about 5-6 lbs a week. I'm yet to stick at it for longer than 10 days though I'm hoping I can do it the whole of June though.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:12 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
Hi IM2! Thanks for doing the new thread. I like the name. Don't worry about yesterday. It was only one day and you are already back on track. June is going to be a cheat free month I hope. And I'm with you on the pure clean eating. How long is the 10 lb challenge for? I'm in!
Til I lose it!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:14 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here's a suggestion I found while I was lurking. . It might be interesting to try. but base it on the number of calories you want:

I love the idea of portioning out your food in 100 calorie portions.

So if you're trying to eat 1200 calories, you get 12 of those baggies to mix, match, snack on all day and when you are done, you are done.

I was thinking I could easily spread 8 to 10 out a day. . 1000 calories or so . . I might try it. . Just to keep me more aware and accountable. .
Old 06-01-2010, 09:21 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Here's a suggestion I found while I was lurking. . It might be interesting to try. but base it on the number of calories you want:

I love the idea of portioning out your food in 100 calorie portions.

So if you're trying to eat 1200 calories, you get 12 of those baggies to mix, match, snack on all day and when you are done, you are done.

I was thinking I could easily spread 8 to 10 out a day. . 1000 calories or so . . I might try it. . Just to keep me more aware and accountable. .
I'd love to, but it's not feasible. I don't think I can whip out a boiled egg mid-lesson and I have back to back classes up to 6 hours in a row. I'm aiming for 5 small meals at the moment as I'd gone down to only two But do it, and see how it goes. It's a sure way to keep your metabolism working.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Til I lose it!!!
I laughed out loud!!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

I think it'd help me to write down my goals for this month here.

Starting weight: 212.6 lbs
Starting waist: 36 inches

1. Lose between 13 and 22 lbs (into onederland, closest to 190 lbs possible)
2. No cheats. If there is any non-Stillman's eating, it must be Atkin's induction friendly/low carb food, and no more than one day of non-Stillman's eating.
3. Vary calories
4. No self-torture by looking at delicious recipes / food I can't eat
5. Get more active.
6. Don't weigh every day. Every 2 days maximum.
7. Log calories, carbs and exercise every day.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Found the thread-Im2-thanks!!!
I read that about the bags when I was lurking about!!! Is he an inspiration or what!!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

I am so up for the 10lb challenge!!!:a prayer:
Old 06-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Kamills-those goals sound great! And cool to see them written down!! Hmm i'm gonna think of mine!!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Kamills-those goals sound great! And cool to see them written down!! Hmm i'm gonna think of mine!!
It definitely helps to have them written down, no matter how stupid they may sound to others! Or how small they may be. Like my "no looking at recipes"... It's fairly straight forward and yet I still do it. Need to remind myself not to as it discourages me.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am so up for the 10lb challenge!!!:a prayer:
You can do it! I want 10lbs plus gone FOREVER.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Well my goal is to be 119 or less(!!) by then end of June--but seriously I lose so slowly I'm not sure how realistic that is!! Another inch off my hips and waist would be good too-then I would have the old-fashioned 90-60-90cms model measurements-(I can only think of the word in German!)...now they're about 20cms less!!! And hen I just need the height and the legs and the face.....Oh well!!
No seriously it's just to continue like May and change up the exercise a bit, and really try and tone my arms!! I'd love to join the gym but there's too many skinny b...s there!!
And my cheats are going to be salad-boy do I crave it! Maybe once a week.
Oh yeah and 1 cheat on my Bday and it's gonna be ice-cream.
And on a more personal note I am going to try and like what I see in the mirror and think yeah I am that narrow and not always blame it on the good lighting in changing rooms--(even tho I do know they've done something to those mirrors!)
And drink more water-it hadn't been that good for a while.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
It definitely helps to have them written down, no matter how stupid they may sound to others! Or how small they may be..
Oh so glad you said that---cos boy are mine stupid!!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh so glad you said that---cos boy are mine stupid!!
Haha, I think they're great. Here's to meeting our June goals!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
You can do it! I want 10lbs plus gone FOREVER.
Forever being the word. I swear here and now that I will never ever put that weight on again-and I mean it. I don't ever intend to come back here with like 50 or whatever pounds put back on.....well I don't ever intend to leave...so I'll be kept on track! he! No but I'm serious.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #21
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Hello friends! I call you all my friends, because I know you. I have been lurking for a very long time. I remember when the thread was not a coherent as it is now and people would come and go. For quite some time now, this thread has been very consistant and great! And I should know, 'cause did I mention - I've been a lurker for a very long time!

I feel like I know you all on a more existential level as well. Our stories are so common. Except you all are far more successful than I have been. Which is part of the reason I have only been lurking - I wasn't sure I could "measure up"! But I am going to do my best!

I started (yet again) today. I am not going to weigh however until Thursday, because I like my weekly weigh in to be on Thursdays. And by then, I will have figured out how to post my stats and get an avatar!

I am a 58 year old grandmother of three, who loves being a grandma! I love it so much that I want to get healthy and watch these amazing babies grow up!
Old 06-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Good idea about the starting weight for starting June. 169 for me. Which is sad, it means I didn't lose ANY during that last rotation! So I will need to lose 2 lbs this week to make up for it.

Cheat free should last at least during the month of June. Of course that's easy for me to say, as I rotate to maintenance fat and carbs and back again. I'm committing to being cheat free on MY plan for the month of June, and to losing 10 lbs forever!

Also I'd like to say here, my goal for June for exercise is to do SOMETHING every day. Today was three hours of hauling rocks, but if I do 30 crunches tomorrow, that will be better than nothing!
Old 06-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Yesterday I managed, without much difficulty, in stuffing my big booty into a size 14 pair of jeans!! I know that didn't happen last fall, so there is progress being made.

Then I went to Ross and tried to buy a size XL shirt. Nope, my blobby belly doesn't allow the buttons to button. Good thing the jeans were elastic waist or they would not have fit! Good thing the maternity top look is "in." :blush:

They say belly fat is caused by cortisol, which is caused by stress. It started about a year and a half ago. Now I'm stressed out by having a basketball for a tummy. Which causes more cortisol. Which causes.....
Old 06-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Mim! I'm glad you've finally come out of hiding!! (It's still really weird to me to think that others read these posts and not just the little group on the thread) You'll do really well on Stillman's! As you know the support on this thread is amazing! I reckon it's thee most supportive on LCF. I dunno why you'd think you wouldn't "measure up"---have you missed the bits about our cheats and stalls etc!! Glad to have you here--here's to a great Stillman's June!!
Old 06-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Yesterday I managed, without much difficulty, in stuffing my big booty into a size 14 pair of jeans!! I know that didn't happen last fall, so there is progress being made.

Then I went to Ross and tried to buy a size XL shirt. Nope, my blobby belly doesn't allow the buttons to button. Good thing the jeans were elastic waist or they would not have fit! Good thing the maternity top look is "in." :blush:

They say belly fat is caused by cortisol, which is caused by stress. It started about a year and a half ago. Now I'm stressed out by having a basketball for a tummy. Which causes more cortisol. Which causes.....
Oh Christine-I promise I'm not laughing at ya!! It's just I was talking about the "maternity" look yesterday to a coworker who goes oh you've got a small waist and I was thinking---and what good is that to me when I "want" to wear skinny jeans and maternity tops--and she goes why are you pregnant!! Eh no the big wide tops that are in fashion!! Oh God how I wish they wouldn't be!!
Great on the jeans tho-- see, we do lose inches even if the weight doesn't come off as quickly as we'd like!!
Old 06-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Mim.

Christine, you're doing great, the tummy will go eventually, just you wait and see. Great goals for June!

Today was a good day despite my pooey weight. I think this is one of the first times I've seen an UP on the scale and not gone off plan. RESULT! Also, no headaches, must have been the withdrawals yesterday. I managed to eat 5 small meals and my calories weren't painfully low.

B: 2 boiled eggs with mustard & vitamins
L: 255 gms pollock & chicken broth
Snk: Boiled egg
Snk: Boiled egg
D: 200 gms hake & chicken broth
Liquid: 5.5 litres water. 500 mls diet coke. 4 cups of tea.

Total calories: 784
Total carbs: 8.5

Where is everyone else?
Old 06-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
We made it to JUNEEEEEEEEEEE !

Mim glad to have you here! Hurry up and post your stats so we can join in on the fun!

Im- Don't go MIA again you know we can't start a new thread without you! Without you we's still be writing in the February thread hehehehe

Gwn oh gwn..... where are you????????

GT- I bet it's nice not having to buy any more print shirts- you know the ones they make for us so they can attract more attention and having people notice us even more! LOL why do they do that?????

ok peeps i was just checking in before I hit the bed gotta catch my zzzzzz....
Old 06-01-2010, 02:34 PM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post

GT- I bet it's nice not having to buy any more print shirts- you know the ones they make for us so they can attract more attention and having people notice us even more! LOL why do they do that?????

ok peeps i was just checking in before I hit the bed gotta catch my zzzzzz....
Nermo-I don't get that about the print shirts!!!! Maybe I'm just being blonde again!!! I'm off to bed too so it's prob that!!
Old 06-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok peeps, I'm off to bed! I hope June's thread will be as great as May's was!!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
I am sure you already know. . everyone is different but we've had some huge losers in the past. If you are pure, I am sure you can easily lose 20 - 30 . The Doc claimed people did it all the time. If you are not a chronic, frequent dieter. .I am sure you will lose very quickly. Stillman followers: What do you think?

I think it all depends on how overweight you are. For those of us that have a lot of weight to lose I think 15-20 the FIRST month is doable.
Closed Thread