Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 11:44 AM   #2911
Major LCF Poster!
 
becky123abc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,908
Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh God yeah!!! i think I look so much older now. And "pinched" I've no youthful bloom!! People might like cheek bones-I don't. I like round chubby cheeks!! Fat plumps up lines and wrinkles!! It really is the thing I hate about losing the weight-that and my hands are so thin and veiny-like a 90yr olds. It's not funny. I think it's why I look "thinner" than I am! I'm gonna invest in getting collagen pumped in!!
Every now and then I visit the site awfulplasticsurgery . com ....I'm amazed at how addicting plastic surgery seems to be for some of those celebrities. A trend now seems to be cheek implants...
I'm looking forward to my cheeks and whole face becoming thinner...so my eyes will show! haha. .
I prefer the non cheek implant look!

But GT, I get what you are saying too...I could do without the wrinkles...but not enough to get botox or anything like that!
becky123abc is online now  

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #2912
Senior LCF Member
 
kamills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 831
Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Ok peeps, just checking in to let you all know how I'm holding up. Today has turned into a high fat day. I couldn't hack the cravings, so I'm stuffing myself with meat and some roquefort cheese. It has no carbs, is better than other cheeses I could have bought, and came in a 100gm packet, which I'll finish today. I'll be back on QWL tomorrow. My calories will be wayyyyyyyyy high. But anything to stop me from eating evil carbs.

I can't believe it's already the end of June. I lost 18lbs, but only 10 of those are real pounds lost as I gained 8 from my week long binge. I only just made the 10lb challenge. By the skin of my nose! I want July to be a better month for me. No binges for one. And I'd like to see a 15lb loss. I'll think more about my goals and then post them in the new thread.
kamills is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #2913
Senior LCF Member
 
kamills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 831
Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
On CO... I have some coming in the post for me. I was going to use it as moisturiser as I've heard it's good for that... but if the results from Swebb and Gwn continue to be as good, I may start eating it too!
kamills is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #2914
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
GwnStfni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tragic Kingdom
Posts: 3,651
Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
I have much more energy. Also, about an hour after eating the CO I get hot (I am guessing this is my metabolism increasing).

I did have a stall for 3 days BUT then I lost 2 pounds. In the past my stalls would be for AT LEAST a week.

I put CO in my coffee. I drizzle CO over a chicken breast or a piece of fish. I have tried it on steak - not too bad but I like it better on chicken, fish or shrimp.
Thanks for the tips! What dosage are you up to right now? I just started today with 1 tsp, I'll have 2 tsp tomorrow and will try it on chicken. I did not care for it in my coffee... It was okay for a bit but I usually sip my huge mug of coffee throughout the day and after 2 hours, I got tired of the oiliness... Have you tried the bark yet?
GwnStfni is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 01:02 PM   #2915
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,578
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
I had no energy as well. I do seem to have A LOT more energy since I have started adding the coconut oil every day. It may just be the increased calories, don't know.....but I'll take it!
so have you tracked what you lost since starting CO? POunds vs Days? Just curious. . .

Also. .to you an Gwn: Where did you get your CO? The stuff in the grocery store doesn't look right to me. Is it like lard? OMG. . if so. how do you eat it?? I want CO now
IM2fat is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #2916
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,578
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Peeps! We have to snap out of it! What happened to celebrating our accomplishments instead of our failures today. .

What are you loving about yourself? Think about it. . Saying.. I "only: lost 8 or I didn't make the challenge . .At least you tried. . At least you logged in.. You lost weight. .you didn't gain. .you are thinking about your health and you are doing the right thing. NO one is perfect.. NO ONE!! We need to focus on what we've done not what we "could have" done. . We are all losers and we can beat this thing. . I'm happy with my 2 pounds a month average and I pat myself on the back for sticking with it. .

Come on folks! We need to see you smile and we need your positive vibes! We've all done wonders this month. .we all had challenges and we all faced them head on! Let's rock July.. Come-on. . Post your accomplishments so we can all see how far you've come!
I'm counting on you guys. . (as a footnote. . think of how far we could have sunk had we continued along with our old eating habits - think of how much worse we would feel, not to mention. . Look.. E gads. . I had to think about it!! )
__________________
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "O Crap.. She's up!!!
Please be patient, God isn't finished with me yet.
IM2fat is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 01:20 PM   #2917
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
GwnStfni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tragic Kingdom
Posts: 3,651
Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
so have you tracked what you lost since starting CO? POunds vs Days? Just curious. . .

Also. .to you an Gwn: Where did you get your CO? The stuff in the grocery store doesn't look right to me. Is it like lard? OMG. . if so. how do you eat it?? I want CO now
I bought two jars of it at Whole Foods. One (their 365 brand, was by the olive oils $7), the other (nutiva $12) was with all the vitamins. One is to keep at work, the other is for at home. It looks like lard when cool but, like butter, melts and looks clear when warm. It smells really yummy. I did feel warm and a little sweaty about an hour after I started having it. I also felt like I wanted to go to the bathroom but yea, at work so I said "simmer down now". I'm not a huge fan of it in my coffee though, so I'm gonna have to cook my chicken in it, etc.
__________________
(231 ->>>168.4>>> 131)
62.6 down, 37.4 to go
----------------------------------------------------
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
GwnStfni is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #2918
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
GwnStfni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tragic Kingdom
Posts: 3,651
Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Oh also apparently there is a recipe for coconut bark, you mix it with 90% dark chocolate, so it'd have a few carbs but not too bad... I guess you freeze it then, I'll need to look into it. Plus one table spoonful is 14g fat, 130 calories and they suggest you have 3-4 tbsp a day! Are there two teaspoons in 1 tablespoon?? It's high in fat but I think it's still okay because of the way it metabolizes in your body and actually boosts your metabolism. I will keep everyone posted how it's working. I'm really hoping if I have some candida issues that this will help with it. I just want my belly to go back down to what it was. I haven't tried it topically yet, apparently you can use it on your hair too... I need to read more about that first.
GwnStfni is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 01:34 PM   #2919
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
GwnStfni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tragic Kingdom
Posts: 3,651
Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
im2, you're right, sorry to be a downer... I just am hard on myself when I don't reach my goals. My ultimate goal is to be at goal 147, when I leave for Europe and that is only 8 weeks away!!! I know I'm going to gain a bit while I'm away too, I just don't want to "continue" this when I return... I mean I know I will have to get back to low carb, but the idea of being at goal then coming home to work on a new low, would be great. If I can get to 155 by the end of July, I can do 147 by the end of August! But I am proud of how far I have come, I feel a zillion times better, am way more confident (although it still amazes me how many people have NOT noticed my weight loss lololol). I'm used to it, I just think a lot of people walk around half blind sometimes. But I am doing this for myself and that is all that matters. My frustration is more at this bloated belly thing and just the worry of now possibly having a health issue, considering I have always been so healthy all my life (*knocks on wood*). That is all. I am increasing fat and calories with the CO and cutting out all vinegars and splenda, so no mustard or hot sauce. But considering I was 170 today, I think that's a good sign that I didn't gain too much, had a nice whoosh and it has me hopeful the weekend may have reignited the losing fire

K, thanks for listening to me whine and vent everyone and have I told you lovely ladies just how much I care for all of you!?!? *group hug*
GwnStfni is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #2920
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,578
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Whine away, Gwn. .We all need to do it. but I really wanted everyone to focus on the positive cuz we are all doing Great!!!..

You will reach your goal - you are a strong determined, woman! Just don't give up. .

Hear that, everyone! We are women. . hear us roar. . !
IM2fat is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #2921
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14
Gallery: mikkie
Stats: 275/141/135
WOE: Meat/Dairy/Eggs/Fat
Start Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Oh Mik, I do so love cheese! And it surely does not love me...except for my hips! Not keeping it in the house is my only solution. The WW ones and Sargento reduced fat are XLNT and pretty low cals/carbs. For cheese, that is.
I hear ya! I think I better keep it out of the house too. I didn't eat any cheese yesterday and I was down 1.5 lbs this morning. I should be more happy about losing, but I LOVE my cheese!!
mikkie is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 02:35 PM   #2922
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14
Gallery: mikkie
Stats: 275/141/135
WOE: Meat/Dairy/Eggs/Fat
Start Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
My frustration is more at this bloated belly thing and just the worry of now possibly having a health issue, considering I have always been so healthy all my life (*knocks on wood*). That is all. I am increasing fat and calories with the CO and cutting out all vinegars and splenda, so no mustard or hot sauce. But considering I was 170 today, I think that's a good sign that I didn't gain too much, had a nice whoosh and it has me hopeful the weekend may have reignited the losing fire
FWIW, I was bloated for months and had some other various tummy problems. I narrowed it down to the additional splenda I was adding to my morning drink. Once I got rid of it, I felt so much better! I can handle a bit of stevia now and then. The only artificial stuff I can do is xylitol but I try to stay away because it gets my cravings up for carbs.

Hope you feel better soon! Congrats on the big loss!!!
mikkie is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #2923
Senior LCF Member
 
smallerizing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 485
Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
im2, you're right, sorry to be a downer... I just am hard on myself when I don't reach my goals. My ultimate goal is to be at goal 147, when I leave for Europe and that is only 8 weeks away!!! I know I'm going to gain a bit while I'm away too, I just don't want to "continue" this when I return... I mean I know I will have to get back to low carb, but the idea of being at goal then coming home to work on a new low, would be great. If I can get to 155 by the end of July, I can do 147 by the end of August! But I am proud of how far I have come, I feel a zillion times better, am way more confident (although it still amazes me how many people have NOT noticed my weight loss lololol). I'm used to it, I just think a lot of people walk around half blind sometimes. But I am doing this for myself and that is all that matters. My frustration is more at this bloated belly thing and just the worry of now possibly having a health issue, considering I have always been so healthy all my life (*knocks on wood*). That is all. I am increasing fat and calories with the CO and cutting out all vinegars and splenda, so no mustard or hot sauce. But considering I was 170 today, I think that's a good sign that I didn't gain too much, had a nice whoosh and it has me hopeful the weekend may have reignited the losing fire

K, thanks for listening to me whine and vent everyone and have I told you lovely ladies just how much I care for all of you!?!? *group hug*
Gwn, you have done it before and you can do it again, you LOSER, you!!

I'm listening intently on this CO thing, because I cut it OUT when I went to Stillmans. How can it be okay on QWL when it is pure fat? I think it really helped with the yeast thing. My favorite way to eat it was to liquefy it in the microwave, add a little cocoa powder and Stevia In The Raw (or Splenda), and put it in some cute little shaped ice silicone cube trays in the fridge. It must stay in the fridge so it doesn't melt, but OH SO MELTY AND GOOD AND CHOCOLATEY IN MY MOUTH!!! Pure heaven to a low-carber! I got the Garden of Life brand from Netrition, which is very coconutty, but I heard some other brands may be kind of gross tasting.

Y'all have me thinking I need to make some, but I'm on the QWL part of my rotation, so I'm scared I will eat it if I have it in the house.
__________________
Christine
smallerizing is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 04:47 PM   #2924
Senior LCF Member
 
smallerizing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 485
Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Great idea, IM2, about posting what we love about weight loss!!

I love being able to get my rings off to clean them, without a saw. I love it that in the past two weeks I have been able to take the dog for a walk and not have hot, swollen knees afterward. I love it that my inner thighs only whisper together now instead of loud flapping. I love it that I'm not bumping into as much stuff and knocking it over with my big butt or stomach. ( anyone else do that??)
smallerizing is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 05:33 PM   #2925
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
GwnStfni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tragic Kingdom
Posts: 3,651
Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkie View Post
FWIW, I was bloated for months and had some other various tummy problems. I narrowed it down to the additional splenda I was adding to my morning drink. Once I got rid of it, I felt so much better! I can handle a bit of stevia now and then. The only artificial stuff I can do is xylitol but I try to stay away because it gets my cravings up for carbs.

Hope you feel better soon! Congrats on the big loss!!!
Thanks Mikkie! I have no more than 1 packet of splenda a day, usually just half a packet actually but I figure it's worth getting rid of it to narrow it down... Also going to stop eating Sugar Free Jello... Want all artificial sweeteners removed at this point. What do they make SF Jello with anyway?
GwnStfni is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 05:36 PM   #2926
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
GwnStfni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tragic Kingdom
Posts: 3,651
Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Peeps, I am done eating for the day. Menu today was:
B: 2 HB Eggs, Coffee w/ 1 tsp Coconut Oil
L: 8ozs Grilled Chicken
D: 8ozs Grilled Chicken in a bit of broth
S: 1 HB Egg

No exercise, except walking to work and back at a strolling pace My bike is in need of repairs, I have off Friday so I'll take it into the shop then, tires are bad and can't ride it until it's fixed. I hate not having my bike :/

Okay peeps, have a great night and see you all in July's thread
GwnStfni is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 05:52 PM   #2927
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,578
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkie View Post
FWIW, I was bloated for months and had some other various tummy problems. I narrowed it down to the additional splenda I was adding to my morning drink. Once I got rid of it, I felt so much better! I can handle a bit of stevia now and then. The only artificial stuff I can do is xylitol but I try to stay away because it gets my cravings up for carbs.

Hope you feel better soon! Congrats on the big loss!!!
Isn't it funny how our body works? Diet soda never used to bother me.. artificial sweetner didn't bother me . I wonder if the lack of carbs to absorb all the bad stuff is the reason we are becoming more sensitive to bad things! Good deduction, either way!!!
IM2fat is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 05:54 PM   #2928
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,578
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post

I'm listening intently on this CO thing, because I cut it OUT when I went to Stillmans. How can it be okay on QWL when it is pure fat? I think it really helped with the yeast thing. My favorite way to eat it was to liquefy it in the microwave, add a little cocoa powder and Stevia In The Raw (or Splenda), and put it in some cute little shaped ice silicone cube trays in the fridge. It must stay in the fridge so it doesn't melt, but OH SO MELTY AND GOOD AND CHOCOLATEY IN MY MOUTH!!! Pure heaven to a low-carber! I got the Garden of Life brand from Netrition, which is very coconutty, but I heard some other brands may be kind of gross tasting.

Y'all have me thinking I need to make some, but I'm on the QWL part of my rotation, so I'm scared I will eat it if I have it in the house.
I was thinking the same thing today (about the fat) and wonder if it just isn't another way to rotate? (You know a lot of the lo0sers do a fat day once per week. .). . this may just be the way to get it all out of the way at once. . I'm kinda scared to try it for this reason .
IM2fat is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 05:57 PM   #2929
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,578
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Great idea, IM2, about posting what we love about weight loss!!

I love being able to get my rings off to clean them, without a saw. I love it that in the past two weeks I have been able to take the dog for a walk and not have hot, swollen knees afterward. I love it that my inner thighs only whisper together now instead of loud flapping. I love it that I'm not bumping into as much stuff and knocking it over with my big butt or stomach. ( anyone else do that??)
See that's the spirit. . We should make a pact that we will post "what we love about losing weight" at the end of every month so we can reflect month to month. . I love that idea because I think we lose sight of the little things in life that make a huge difference!!!

I'm proud of you for noticing , Small! Great!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 06-30-2010 at 06:18 PM..
IM2fat is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 05:59 PM   #2930
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,578
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
OK. I am going to start the new Thread so we are ready to attack July with a vengence!. WHere is Al . I'm getting a little worried about her!!!

Remember: Before Jumping to the July Thread. . Post what you love here. ..
IM2fat is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #2931
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Thanks for the tips! What dosage are you up to right now? I just started today with 1 tsp, I'll have 2 tsp tomorrow and will try it on chicken. I did not care for it in my coffee... It was okay for a bit but I usually sip my huge mug of coffee throughout the day and after 2 hours, I got tired of the oiliness... Have you tried the bark yet?
I have 3-4 tbs a day. I have not tried the bark yet. I need to do some more research on that before I try it.
swebb is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #2932
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
so have you tracked what you lost since starting CO? POunds vs Days? Just curious. . .

Also. .to you an Gwn: Where did you get your CO? The stuff in the grocery store doesn't look right to me. Is it like lard? OMG. . if so. how do you eat it?? I want CO now
I will go back through the tread and see if I can answer the loss question. What I DO know is that my normal "stall for a week +after a pound or 2 loss" was down to a 3 day stall!!

Coconut oil is a white solid when cool but a clear liquid when warm. Mine stays liquid in the house - I don't refrigerate it....no need. I got mine at a health food store.
swebb is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 06:19 PM   #2933
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,578
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Thank you for the info webb. I think I'm still going to proceed with caution. . I'm really afraid of fat right now. . I love it too much and it definately loves my bones!!!
IM2fat is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 06:45 PM   #2934
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Peeps! We have to snap out of it! What happened to celebrating our accomplishments instead of our failures today. .

What are you loving about yourself? Think about it. . Saying.. I "only: lost 8 or I didn't make the challenge . .At least you tried. . At least you logged in.. You lost weight. .you didn't gain. .you are thinking about your health and you are doing the right thing. NO one is perfect.. NO ONE!! We need to focus on what we've done not what we "could have" done. . We are all losers and we can beat this thing. . I'm happy with my 2 pounds a month average and I pat myself on the back for sticking with it. .

Come on folks! We need to see you smile and we need your positive vibes! We've all done wonders this month. .we all had challenges and we all faced them head on! Let's rock July.. Come-on. . Post your accomplishments so we can all see how far you've come!
I'm counting on you guys. . (as a footnote. . think of how far we could have sunk had we continued along with our old eating habits - think of how much worse we would feel, not to mention. . Look.. E gads. . I had to think about it!! )
Oh yeah, babe, what you just said.

What I love about losing weight is all the great people I finally found that weren't nasty and forgave me when I wrote something that didn't post quite right or a joke didn't get a laugh. And believe me, I studied up before coming out.

Oh, yeah, and sending those 14's back to mom! She scored two pairs of shoes for me instead! Every time you see Macy's stock go up mom has been shopping!

And wearing all my rings again...making friends with jeans from 1997...not hiding under jackets and hoodies...having one and one half chins instead of almost three.......

And the best one? Eating meat again. Realizing that two Ford models writing a book on being skinny is no substitute for a doctor who studied obesity and endocrinology. A toast, to the great doctor.........CHEERS
__________________
Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!!
If you can read this thank a teacher; since you are reading it in English, thank a veteran.
“Enjoy the little things, for some day you may look back and realize they were the big things” – Robert Brault
CCGirl is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 06:50 PM   #2935
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
OMG.........Alexander McQueen recounted in an interview that he once sewed 'I am a c*nt' into the lining of a jacket he was working on for Prince Charles.
McQueen's early runway collections developed his reputation for controversy and shock tactics (earning the title "l'enfant terrible" and "the hooligan of English fashion"), with trousers aptly named "bumsters" and a collection entitled "Highland Rape"....now I know why those boots rocked me

Alexander McQueen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
CCGirl is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #2936
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14
Gallery: mikkie
Stats: 275/141/135
WOE: Meat/Dairy/Eggs/Fat
Start Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Thanks Mikkie! I have no more than 1 packet of splenda a day, usually just half a packet actually but I figure it's worth getting rid of it to narrow it down... Also going to stop eating Sugar Free Jello... Want all artificial sweeteners removed at this point. What do they make SF Jello with anyway?
I think IM2 might be onto something. Our diets are so healthy and low carb that we might not be handling the fake stuff as much anymore. I hadn't thought of that one! I'm glad you are testing it.

The only other problem I had was with eating eggs. They can make you bloated too, but it always depended on how I made them or if I ate too much at once.
mikkie is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 07:10 PM   #2937
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
A JEWISH DIVORCE



A Jewish woman says to her mother, "I'm divorcing
David ! All he wants is sex, and my vagina is now the size of
a 50 cent piece when it used to be about the size of a nickel."


Her mother says, "You're married to a multi-millionaire
businessman, you live in an 8 bedroom mansion, you drive a Ferrari
you get $2,000 a week allowance, you
take 6 vacations a year and you want to throw all that away
over 45 cents?"
CCGirl is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #2938
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14
Gallery: mikkie
Stats: 275/141/135
WOE: Meat/Dairy/Eggs/Fat
Start Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Oh, yeah, and sending those 14's back to mom! She scored two pairs of shoes for me instead! Every time you see Macy's stock go up mom has been shopping!

And wearing all my rings again...making friends with jeans from 1997...not hiding under jackets and hoodies...having one and one half chins instead of almost three.......
Those are some wonderful changes! Old jeans are like old friends. Oh how we've missed them!
mikkie is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #2939
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14
Gallery: mikkie
Stats: 275/141/135
WOE: Meat/Dairy/Eggs/Fat
Start Date: May 2006
I'm happy that I lost 10 pounds this month which brought me to 100lbs lost. I dropped a size and was able to buy size 16 jeans. I'm more active because I have more energy. That's what I'm most thankful for!
mikkie is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #2940
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkie View Post
Those are some wonderful changes! Old jeans are like old friends. Oh how we've missed them!
Oh, Mik, I haven't missed them. They have been with me year after year groaning while I jumped and kicked and stretched them over my donkey butt (not really..never knew why they were called asses because they have none)

I never realized it but while discussing our postmistresses' 40 lb low carb loss (she's 5'0") at the post office one day I mentioned how I wa LCing and my jeans were that old she shot right back, WOW you're lucky.

No I'm just too stingy to buy a size upbut it does feel good!
CCGirl is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.