Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 05:55 AM   #2851
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Kamills, I was searching for info about oil pulling and saw your name on a thread. Do you still do it?? What's your opinion about it?
Nope, I did it for maybe a week, but tired of it. But apparently it's great for you.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2010, 06:00 AM   #2852
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi peeps! I'm back! Drinking tea and I'm on my way to bed. Today and yesterday were just disasters food-wise. Just let's say I wont be weighing for a long, long time! I'm back to QWL tomorrow. The rest of this weight has to come off!!! Nite nite!!
Hi GT! Glad you arrived safely. Don't worry about the last couple of days, you'll be back losing in no time.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:06 AM   #2853
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I'm having these thoughts like, "I've done all I can do...weight loss has slowed...might as well give in..."

Somebody tell me it's worth it to keep on keepin on...

All I've had today is some grilled chicken and coffee...

If I gave up my LF cottage cheese and replaced it with tuna or chicken, would that speed things along??/

I'm hoping to see a loss in the morning...

I do like that chicken in the crockpot with Cajun seasoning...yum...
DON'T GIVE IN TO THE CRAVINGS! You've had it all before, it didn't make you happy, it made you FAT. It's not worth the momentary pleasure after all the hard work you've put in!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:07 AM   #2854
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
this should cheer us up..........
So naff, I them
Old 06-30-2010, 06:10 AM   #2855
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Well, they didn't say as much, but I got the feeling that it is definite, because they are talking very positive. Last Thursday I spoke to the regional manager of sales, and yesterday was the National sales manager. National guy said I was the type of person they were looking for. The interview this Thursday will be with the local General Manager, but as I understand it, it is only a formality, she will actually be working for me, and I will report to the Regional manager.

I gave every indication that I wanted the job and that it was what I was looking for, too, so I think we are simply moving throught the steps to hire. We do need to negotiate the base pay, the range they gave me has a $5k spread "depending on experience and qualifications." And I really don't know how to dicker for salary, I'm more comfortable talking about a yard sale price! Especially when I don't want to blow it, I would definitely take the job at the lower end of the pay scale, it matches what AT&T was paying. But the higher end would be better, in case their commissions promises don't pan out.

You know, if they don't end up hiring me, I will simply be numb. Expect wild binge eating if that happens.
Wooohooo Christine! Sounds very positive. for you
Old 06-30-2010, 06:11 AM   #2856
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassymanal View Post
I am down to 222! Wohoooo! My menu is as usual- eggs and chicken. The only time that it changed is when I went to Texas roadhouse. I ate a 12oz ribeye, house salad, veggies and peanuts along with the usual chicken and eggs. I stayed away from the bread and I weighed myself the next day and my weight stayed the same! I plan on eating this way when I need too. So I will be doing Atkins along with Stillmans.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:12 AM   #2857
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
The Whoosh Fairy visited last night and took 2 pounds! That makes the total weight loss for me for June 8.5 pounds, but I don't count 4 of them as those were from a gain I had a t the end of May

Still, it felt great to type a ZERO as the middle number for my stats - haven't done that in a long time.

July 10th is my 4 month Stillman's Anniversary and I want another 3 pounds gone by then in order to make my 50 pounds GONE goal.
WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent! So happy for you Swebb!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:14 AM   #2858
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Is everyone OK with the July name? No Lie. . Stillman's Losers will shrink in July? or are there any other suggestions? If I have time today. I think I'll start the new thread but I'll try to wait until later this afternoon. . Just excited to start anew. . I plan to spend my Low Carb anniversary date celebrating!!!! One year living the Lo Carb Weigh. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 06-30-2010 at 06:16 AM..
Old 06-30-2010, 06:16 AM   #2859
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
Nope, I did it for maybe a week, but tired of it. But apparently it's great for you.
of course. I had to check it out, too. . sounds kinda weird to me. . my luck, I'd swallow the darn stuff and choke ..
Old 06-30-2010, 06:19 AM   #2860
Senior LCF Member

Ok peeps, confession time. Some naughty things jumped into my mouth last night.:blush::blush::blush: I was up .8 this morning as a result (which I am NOT posting on my stats). I'm already back on track today. And I managed to put a halt to it spiraling out of control last night (must be a first in my whole life!). Ah well, at least I know I'm not missing much. I definitely prefer being without stomach ache that the carbs cause me. It'd be a lie to say I'm not craving today, but the last few days have been difficult cravings wise anyway. I think maybe TOM is on its way... but I have no idea when my cycle is anymore. KEEP ME ON TRACK TODAY GIRLS! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! I'M BEGGING YOU. I know it's not worth the pain of the gain. I need to keep repeating it over and over.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:21 AM   #2861
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Christine, everything seems so positive I think it will be a no brainer. As far as salary, are the benefits any better? That could make up for a lot in the bottom line. You seem very confident and I def think it's in the bag for you!!!!!!!!
And you comments on normalcy....well, let's just call me Abby Normal from now on...never going back AMEN.

YAY Sharon, Sassy, so happy to see you shrink!!!!!!!!

Oh, Kelli, steroids are awful. Get better FAST!

IM, I'm in for doing more! Mowed the side and front yards last night-about 3/4 of an acre. On a hill. With a push (power but heavy) mower. Then it crapped out and I had to finish with the string trimmer (weed whacker). My back and thighs are thanking me this morning after my 1.5 mile walk!

Ugh, I hate seeing your losses drag so slow but I AM glad that you haven't gone the other way! I am right there with ya-that scale, she taunts me every morning, stopping at the 180 then dancing past to the 181-182. Can I subtract for hair? Mine's thick and it's about four feet long......

OK, on to page 96...
Old 06-30-2010, 06:21 AM   #2862
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Is everyone OK with the July name? No Lie. . Stillman's Losers will shrink in July? or are there any other suggestions? If I have time today. I think I'll start the new thread but I'll try to wait until later this afternoon. . Just excited to start anew. . I plan to spend my Low Carb anniversary date celebrating!!!! One year living the Lo Carb Weigh. .
Wow!!!!! One year! How exciting. I think the name is great.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:31 AM   #2863
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So naff, I them
LOL (now I have to look up 'naff'') I knew you would...they are couture...by Alexander McQueen.......only 1260.00 US

Well, last nigh was last night and today is a gift...the present. Make your gift count with no foreign invaders in your mouth! Beat them off with the giant turkey leg!

Last edited by CCGirl; 06-30-2010 at 06:35 AM..
Old 06-30-2010, 06:41 AM   #2864
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
WOW I cant's wait until my anniv.........like the 50th one! Never go back AMEN!!!!!!!!

Stillman's July Oh say can you see the weight falling off me?

Stillmans July Firecrackers Hot on the Grill?
Old 06-30-2010, 06:42 AM   #2865
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Congrats on the loss, Sharon!

IM2 I like the July name!

Well, I'm not going to make the ten pound challenge for June. I will take up the exercise challenge, and add ten minutes of crunches, back and leg exercises, and maybe buy a shake weight. I've been waiting for that 20% off coupon that BB&Beyond sends in the mail, and it just hasn't come yet. Maybe they discontinued that promotion.

Today is Wednesday, and 99 cent day (for the old stuff) at Goodwill. Gonna bring my baby girl and go shopping! She needs more clothes for her 3 week trip to Ukraine and London, since she can't launder anything. Last week I got a couple tops and some shorts, and she got t-shirts. I'm bringing that Cami Slimmer thing when I shop!!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:51 AM   #2866
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 06:53 AM   #2867
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ok peeps, confession time. Some naughty things jumped into my mouth last night.:blush::blush::blush: I was up .8 this morning as a result (which I am NOT posting on my stats). I'm already back on track today. And I managed to put a halt to it spiraling out of control last night (must be a first in my whole life!). Ah well, at least I know I'm not missing much. I definitely prefer being without stomach ache that the carbs cause me. It'd be a lie to say I'm not craving today, but the last few days have been difficult cravings wise anyway. I think maybe TOM is on its way... but I have no idea when my cycle is anymore. KEEP ME ON TRACK TODAY GIRLS! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! I'M BEGGING YOU. I know it's not worth the pain of the gain. I need to keep repeating it over and over.
That is the key. . Stay on track. Wowsers. . there are quite a few of us on the same cycle. . which can be a good thing for us as we can unite as one crabby entity together!! LOL. . I think mine is right around the corner cuz I've just been horrible to my hubby. . he really ticks me off for no reason this week. . poor him. .
Old 06-30-2010, 06:56 AM   #2868
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
WOW I cant's wait until my anniv.........like the 50th one! Never go back AMEN!!!!!!!!

Stillman's July Oh say can you see the weight falling off me?

Stillmans July Firecrackers Hot on the Grill?

OK guys. now we have to vote. . I'm liking the Firecracker one, too. .
Old 06-30-2010, 07:01 AM   #2869
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow!!!!! One year! How exciting. .
In one respect. . yes .. great! and it can be done . you can live a low carb lifestyle. .

In the next respect. . its taken me almost a year to get 27 pounds off!! Thats about 2 pounds a month. . .

On the other hand. . I love that I am not 27 pounds heavier. . and I love that I can see my hootchy. . (refer to many posts ago. . ) and that I can shave my legs without getting dizzy and that i can pull up my pants without unbuttoning them. .and that I can actually keep up with my boys when we ride our bikes. . and that I don't have a forever red ring around my waist from wearing my pants too tight.. and that I don't have to continuously pull up my bra strap cuz I had to buy a bigger one to fit around me. . and that I don't have to suffer with bloat, indigestion, gas. . chronic fatigue. .and that my nylons no longer meat my bra. .they fit like they should.. .My chins dont' need time to catch up with my mouth. . My nose seems smaller. . my feet fit into all my shoes in my closet. .and the list goes on and on and on. .

Let's celebrate our accomplishments instead of our failures today. .

What are you loving?
Old 06-30-2010, 07:21 AM   #2870
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

just in...sorry, haven't done the nes in awhile...

Lancaster Foods, LLC Voluntarily Recalls Fresh Spinach with Best Enjoyed By Dates of June 19 to June 27, 2010 Due to Possible Health Risk
Thu, 24 Jun 2010 15:07:00 -0500

Lancaster Foods, LLC is voluntarily recalling fresh Spinach with the Best Enjoyed By dates of 19 JUN 10 through 27 JUN 10 sold under the brand names Krisp-Pak, Lancaster Fresh, Giant, and America's Choice because they could be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recall extends only to products with this Use-by Date or Product Code and sold in the following states: New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, North Carolina, and Virginia...

P&G Voluntarily Recalls 4 Hour Decongestant Nasal Spray in the United States
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 16:00:00 -0500

The Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE:PG) announced today it is voluntarily recalling its 4-Hour Decongestant Nasal Spray. The product was distributed nationwide in the United States.

INZ Distributors Inc./Magic Power Coffee Inc. Conducts a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Magic Power Coffee Dietary Supplement
Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:49:00 -0500

INZ Distributors Inc./Magic Power Coffee Inc. of Brooklyn, NY announced today that it is conducting a voluntary nationwide recall of the dietary supplement product sold under the name, Magic Power Coffee. The Company has been informed by representatives of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that lab analysis of one lot of the product by the FDA found that the product contains undeclared hydroxythiohomosildenafil, similar in structure to Sildenafil, an FDA-approved drug used for the treatment of male Erectile Dysfunction (ED), making Magic Power Coffee an unapproved drug.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:56 AM   #2871
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
I love the name!
Old 06-30-2010, 08:02 AM   #2872
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! This is just a fly by - hopefully my home internet will be fixed soon. I know I'm in ketosis because it took forever to get to sleep last night. Fortunately, this doesn't last long, and I have way more energy since I'm not carbed down. So all is good! I'm looking forward to July, 'cause I'm going to do the 10 pound challenge - twice!
Old 06-30-2010, 08:23 AM   #2873
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs

For when you are doing a higher fat day.

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 1/2 cup ranch dressing
* 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
* 2 teaspoons salt (I use "No Salt" to cut back on sodium)
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon white vinegar
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
* 1 tablespoon white sugar, or to taste (optional) (I use Splenda to cut back on Carbs)
* 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes

Directions

1. In a medium bowl, stir together the olive oil, ranch dressing, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, salt, lemon juice, white vinegar, pepper, and sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes. Place chicken in the bowl, and stir to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers and discard marinade.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, and the juices run clear.

Nutritional Info (as written with salt and sugar) :

Servings Per Recipe: 6

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 378

* Total Fat: 30.7g
* Cholesterol: 59mg
* Sodium: 1097mg
* Total Carbs: 4.8g
* Dietary Fiber: 0.1g
* Protein: 20g
Old 06-30-2010, 08:26 AM   #2874
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! This is just a fly by - hopefully my home internet will be fixed soon. I know I'm in ketosis because it took forever to get to sleep last night. Fortunately, this doesn't last long, and I have way more energy since I'm not carbed down. So all is good! I'm looking forward to July, 'cause I'm going to do the 10 pound challenge - twice!
me too. me too. .. I love Ketosis!!! Lets hear it for Ketosis Breath. ., energy and peeing all the time!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 08:27 AM   #2875
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Webb: MMMmm. you always have good stuff to pass on. . I may have to try it. .(In July . hehhe)
Old 06-30-2010, 08:31 AM   #2876
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Question:

has anyone noticed their face features getting more 'severe" since losing weight. .that's my only complaint. the apostrophe's around my mouth look deeper. . my frown lines look deeper. . . perhaps I just have to admit. . I'm getting older. . uggg
Old 06-30-2010, 08:43 AM   #2877
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Question:

has anyone noticed their face features getting more 'severe" since losing weight. .that's my only complaint. the apostrophe's around my mouth look deeper. . my frown lines look deeper. . . perhaps I just have to admit. . I'm getting older. . uggg
Yep that will happen. We are losing the fat that helped "soften" our facial features. When you are at goal and maintaining you can always have fat from somewhere else in your body, injected into your face
Old 06-30-2010, 08:48 AM   #2878
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kelleykalapaki
Stats: 265/250/180
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: August 2011
weight was up yet again this AM. BUT I just took the last dose of Prednisone soooo tomorrow I'll be on my way back to good! I'm excited to feel normal again...Whoo Hooo!
Old 06-30-2010, 08:58 AM   #2879
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
The Whoosh Fairy visited last night and took 2 pounds! That makes the total weight loss for me for June 8.5 pounds, but I don't count 4 of them as those were from a gain I had a t the end of May

Still, it felt great to type a ZERO as the middle number for my stats - haven't done that in a long time.

July 10th is my 4 month Stillman's Anniversary and I want another 3 pounds gone by then in order to make my 50 pounds GONE goal.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:58 AM   #2880
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Wow!!! 50 pounds in 4 months is awesome. . Look at you go

Well . .I wouldn't call mine a woosh but the scale was teetering between 153 and 154 this morning. . Better than the dreaded 155. . I have to work my butt off this week to keep it there cuz I never want to see 155 again. Lets move into July with new Stats!
:high 5:
Closed Thread