Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #2821
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
My contribution for the day for water drinkers, and we ALL need to be guzzling extra with this heat! I put a sprig of chocolate mint in my thermos cup, fill with ice, and then filtered water. Taking it in the car it stays cool, and the mint is so yummy!! If I want more mint flavor just shake it around with the ice! Even with the water bottles, it's great when it gets left in the car and gets hot - voila, mint tea! Which is a lot nicer than drinking warm water.

I .
Where does one find Chocolate Mint Sprigs? I need them. . must have mint sprigs. . Ahhhh

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2010, 03:48 PM   #2822
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shenue
Stats: 280/216/150
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat/Moderate Calories
Thanks for the hellos and welcome backs :-)
Old 06-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #2823
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
It's not only OK .it is expected! I think that's the Doc's plan.. Bore the fat right off of you!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:11 PM   #2824
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Don't be too scared. . there are many different kinds and many of them don't fit right. . but when you find one that fits - Wooo weee. . it took me forever to try them on. . I found one that has plenty of room in the bust area but goes high enough in the back and high enough under the arms that it really does keep everything from wriggling. .plus it has a cooling effect. I'll tell you where I got it. . but don't laugh. .if you have any General Dollar stores. . they carried them. .(I went back and bought 2 more in smaller sizes last week for when I start shrinking). . I ended up with a 1X, a L and a M. . The Medium is way too tight so I alternate between the 1X and L. . They were only $10.00. . they had the bottoms too but I didn't bother. .I need the bum lifters, there not the bum smoothers!!
I'm not laughing! That's exactly what I need, something high up the armpits. Yes, we do have Dollar General, I'll check it out!! Then back to Kohl's for the t shirts!!

I now know why they make the big prints for us fatties, it hides the bulges better.:blush: Bad thing is, when you wear them, it makes it look like you are hiding the bulges.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #2825
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/174/160 5'5"
Kamills, I was searching for info about oil pulling and saw your name on a thread. Do you still do it?? What's your opinion about it?
Old 06-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #2826
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! I'm back! Drinking tea and I'm on my way to bed. Today and yesterday were just disasters food-wise. Just let's say I wont be weighing for a long, long time! I'm back to QWL tomorrow. The rest of this weight has to come off!!! Nite nite!!
Old 06-29-2010, 05:12 PM   #2827
Major LCF Poster!

I'm having these thoughts like, "I've done all I can do...weight loss has slowed...might as well give in..."

Somebody tell me it's worth it to keep on keepin on...

All I've had today is some grilled chicken and coffee...

If I gave up my LF cottage cheese and replaced it with tuna or chicken, would that speed things along??/

I'm hoping to see a loss in the morning...

I do like that chicken in the crockpot with Cajun seasoning...yum...
Old 06-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #2828
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I'm having these thoughts like, "I've done all I can do...weight loss has slowed...might as well give in..."

If I gave up my LF cottage cheese and replaced it with tuna or chicken, would that speed things along??/

Becky! Don't give up. you can't . . you must't give up. Take it from me. . It isn't worth it and you will only feel worse in the end. I really think you need to eat more. . Sincerely. . it may be that your body is thinking you are starving it. . Get some more chicken. . eat some more tuna. . try some lean red meat. lean pork. . Al is a meat hog (no offense intended) and she loses like the dickens. . .

Please don't give into the evil thoughts. . .its the devil trying to win you over! If we all gave up. . we'd all be fat(ter). . .I'll pray for new motivation. for us all. Perhaps I better put evil kitty away for awhile. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 06-29-2010 at 07:09 PM..
Old 06-29-2010, 07:15 PM   #2829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
CC: WTG on the walk.. I bet you feel energized and renewed.. .I love, love, love the feeling when I'm done! I hate, hate, hate the feeling of actually doing it. . I was meant to be lazy.. I'll admit it. .
I know what you mean......built for pleasure, not for speed.

My mom actually got me started and some mornings I don't want to stop! I have my cheapo mp3 player on and it really keeps me going. Try jogging to Girls Girls Girls sometime....or walking trying to sing the aria from Carmen...the local fauna think I'm nuts!
Old 06-29-2010, 07:22 PM   #2830
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Becky: Just a reminder!

I know we all have reasons and incentives for wanting to lose weight...
Some of mine are very noble...and some are very vain...haha

My noble reasons...
to feel better in my body
to have more energy to be a good wife, mom, etc
to improve my overall health
to take care of my "temple"

Don't give up your noble reasons for some (un) noble thoughts.

Last edited by IM2fat; 06-29-2010 at 07:24 PM..
Old 06-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #2831
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you IM! I do receive and appreciate those words!

I am halfway through the Stillman's book...I will get back in the book and stay on track...

I do hope I see a loss in the morning though!

PS: I love the rainbow HK avatar!!!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #2832
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kell, I am with IM2 on the wine. Sometimes you just gotta do it, realize it isn't going to kill you, and get back on that horse and ride. Besides, look how far you have come! Awesome!

WTG Mim on the loss!

Shen, welcome and you can do it!

Gwn, long way to travel for a walk in the parkseriously, hope you had a blast!

Christine, is the new job a def? Hoping, hoping......fingers crossing...thanks for the mint tip-I was wondering what to do with the stuff taking over the garden (aside from mojitos). I have two varieties, spear amd peppermint.

IM I let daily plate take care of journaling...sooooo easy, food and fitness all in one place!

Kam XLNT on the loss....keep scaring the locals with the C25K routine!

Oh Mik, I do so love cheese! And it surely does not love me...except for my hips! Not keeping it in the house is my only solution. The WW ones and Sargento reduced fat are XLNT and pretty low cals/carbs. For cheese, that is.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #2833
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

this should cheer us up..........
Old 06-29-2010, 07:55 PM   #2834
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Patience, girl, we've all been there......stay in onederland, it's so lovely there!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:35 PM   #2835
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Those thoughts are entirely normal. We all have them! And it is entirely normal to give in. And the average person is overweight from all that "normalcy." I know, I've been there, and I'm a blob for giving in! When I can stay focused on what I "really" want, I can lose, and so can you! You did the right (and I might say, abnormal) thing by posting here and getting some good encouragement. I know I can't do it alone, because I've tried. We will be the exceptions, the thin ones with a bad metabolism, who beat all the odds and have a great figure and great health! Let's roll! (mmm...rolls...) (slapping myself)... And it's not going to be easy all the time, but it WILL be worth it! YOU are worth it!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #2836
Senior LCF Member

IM2!!! Thank you thank you thank you, for the suggestion of the slimming cami at Dollar General! And it was a fourth of the price of the icky one at Kohl's! I just put it on (with great difficulty, I might add, because they only had Large). Then I put on the jacket of the size 16 suit that I got 2 years ago and blobbed right out of in a matter of 2 months. I wore it a couple weeks ago, and although I was glad it fit again, I had been self conscious about the "view from the rear." (Because it is very fitted, and shows the "back boobs.") It looked GREAT!! Well, almost great but definitely a BIG improvement!! I think I will get another one, and maybe the Large was better than Extra Large anyway, as long as it fit, it should give better slimming.

I will wear that suit to my interview Thursday and won't have to back out the door on my way out!! I was actually worrying already about how bad it looked from the back and how to avoid it being seen!

Forgot to tell you where to get chocolate mint, I have it in a big pot out by my garage, so it won't invade everything. If you were close to TN I would give you a start, but you can probably find some at a local garden center. Get a nice big container and some Miracle Grow Moisture Control potting soil, and keep it well watered. Any mint will do.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:58 PM   #2837
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Christine, is the new job a def? Hoping, hoping......fingers crossing...thanks for the mint tip-I was wondering what to do with the stuff taking over the garden (aside from mojitos). I have two varieties, spear amd peppermint.
Well, they didn't say as much, but I got the feeling that it is definite, because they are talking very positive. Last Thursday I spoke to the regional manager of sales, and yesterday was the National sales manager. National guy said I was the type of person they were looking for. The interview this Thursday will be with the local General Manager, but as I understand it, it is only a formality, she will actually be working for me, and I will report to the Regional manager.

I gave every indication that I wanted the job and that it was what I was looking for, too, so I think we are simply moving throught the steps to hire. We do need to negotiate the base pay, the range they gave me has a $5k spread "depending on experience and qualifications." And I really don't know how to dicker for salary, I'm more comfortable talking about a yard sale price! Especially when I don't want to blow it, I would definitely take the job at the lower end of the pay scale, it matches what AT&T was paying. But the higher end would be better, in case their commissions promises don't pan out.

You know, if they don't end up hiring me, I will simply be numb. Expect wild binge eating if that happens.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #2838
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kelleykalapaki
Stats: 265/250/180
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: August 2011
Wow! I'm having a heck of a time here with these steroid meds...not doing good at all. One more dose then I can get my life back!
Hope you all are doing awesome...I will be right there with you, hopefully by this weekend I'll feel like I can breathe again.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:59 PM   #2839
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/230.2/150 Female 5’ 7'
I am down to 222! Wohoooo! My menu is as usual- eggs and chicken. The only time that it changed is when I went to Texas roadhouse. I ate a 12oz ribeye, house salad, veggies and peanuts along with the usual chicken and eggs. I stayed away from the bread and I weighed myself the next day and my weight stayed the same! I plan on eating this way when I need too. So I will be doing Atkins along with Stillmans.

Last edited by icandoit; 06-29-2010 at 11:01 PM..
Old 06-30-2010, 05:55 AM   #2840
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleykalapaki View Post
Wow! I'm having a heck of a time here with these steroid meds...not doing good at all. One more dose then I can get my life back!
Hope you all are doing awesome...I will be right there with you, hopefully by this weekend I'll feel like I can breathe again.
Steroids are horrid!! One doctor told me that your insulin spikes within minutes of taking them!! Do what you need to do to get well, then ROCK it with Stillman's! It will come off fast!

Sassymanal -- way to go!!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:11 AM   #2841
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
The Whoosh Fairy visited last night and took 2 pounds! That makes the total weight loss for me for June 8.5 pounds, but I don't count 4 of them as those were from a gain I had a t the end of May

Still, it felt great to type a ZERO as the middle number for my stats - haven't done that in a long time.

July 10th is my 4 month Stillman's Anniversary and I want another 3 pounds gone by then in order to make my 50 pounds GONE goal.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:14 AM   #2842
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
10,000 steps

Did you know that waling 10,000 steps is almost 5 MILES???

I think our July challenge should be to add extra exercise to what we normally do. "Step" it up a notch. We should post how we are all MOVING towards our goal.

I am currently going to Curves 2 days a week. I will pledge for the month of July I will add an extra day of Curves
Old 06-30-2010, 06:15 AM   #2843
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
IM2!!! Thank you thank you thank you, for the suggestion of the slimming cami at Dollar General! And it was a fourth of the price of the icky one at Kohl's! .

Woo Hoo. . I am so glad you found one!! I have a black one and 2 tan ones. . they just make things look smoother, don't they? Plus. .I, too, loved the price! it was one of the first ones I ever got that didn't smash the girls flat so I knew I was in. .. my goal, now, is to make the M fit and donate the other two. ..
Old 06-30-2010, 06:18 AM   #2844
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Did you know that waling 10,000 steps is almost 5 MILES???

I think our July challenge should be to add extra exercise to what we normally do. "Step" it up a notch. We should post how we are all MOVING towards our goal.

I agree! I wore my pedometer every day to make sure I got in a minimum of 10,000 steps per day. . Dr. Oz says that is a sure "weigh" to lose more. .Plus I have a sit down job so I need something to remind me . . I've been checking out Amazon for another pedometer as I lost mine! I love the ones that have the 7 day memory in them. . really pushes me to do just 10 more steps than the day before.. I get to start all over every 7 days! Just a great motivator.

I agree with the step it up challenge.. I was thinking on my way to work about posting a new challenge for today. . Exercise just 10 more minutes than what you normally do. . so if you do nothing, do something for 10 minutes. . if you normally walk for 20. increase that to 30. .

Who's in? I'm starting now! Go!!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:19 AM   #2845
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
The Whoosh Fairy visited last night and took 2 pounds! That makes the total weight loss for me for June 8.5 pounds, but I don't count 4 of them as those were from a gain I had a t the end of May

Still, it felt great to type a ZERO as the middle number for my stats - haven't done that in a long time.

July 10th is my 4 month Stillman's Anniversary and I want another 3 pounds gone by then in order to make my 50 pounds GONE goal.
Wow!!! 50 pounds in 4 months is awesome. . Look at you go

Well . .I wouldn't call mine a woosh but the scale was teetering between 153 and 154 this morning. . Better than the dreaded 155. . I have to work my butt off this week to keep it there cuz I never want to see 155 again. Lets move into July with new Stats!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:20 AM   #2846
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Steroids are horrid!! One doctor told me that your insulin spikes within minutes of taking them!! Do what you need to do to get well, then ROCK it with Stillman's! It will come off fast!

Sassymanal -- way to go!!
I agree! Remember it is only temporary. . I took Steroids off and on for years and vowed never to take them again. .. Dang Dr. . needs to come up with something different.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:21 AM   #2847
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassymanal View Post
I am down to 222! Wohoooo! My menu is as usual- eggs and chicken. The only time that it changed is when I went to Texas roadhouse. I ate a 12oz ribeye, house salad, veggies and peanuts along with the usual chicken and eggs. I stayed away from the bread and I weighed myself the next day and my weight stayed the same! I plan on eating this way when I need too. So I will be doing Atkins along with Stillmans.
Sassy! Thanks for checking in and way to go. .. I knew you could do it! Just another 2 and you can add a zero to your stats, too!! Its the small things in life that thrill me!!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:23 AM   #2848
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Small. .thank you for the tip on Chocolate Mint. . I did not have a clue where or what it was. . I'm gonna add it to my journal so I remember to get some!!!.

On the job.. I hope you hear something soon!!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:25 AM   #2849
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al, Gwn, Nermo. .

I'm not liking that you are not checking in!! Come on gals. . Inquiry minds wanna know what's going on. .

Yam? You still out there somewhere?

GT

Lisa! Girl. .you work too much. . .tell us whats up. .
Old 06-30-2010, 06:26 AM   #2850
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm trying to choke down green tea cuz I read somewhere that it was good for you. . especially if you are trying to lose weight. . Does it all taste weird or is it just the brand I bought? OMG. .really not sure about it. .

For those that drink it.. how much do you drink a day and what are the 'benefits'??
Closed Thread