Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 06:22 AM   #2791
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Back from my 1.5 mile walk, had some leftover tuna-maybe 2 oz. I bought a chicken that has 15% broth in it so I am going to soak it in water before i cut it up to get rid of the salt. Time for a shower and some HB eggs......have a gr8 day all!!!!!!BBL

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2010, 06:44 AM   #2792
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Is anyone else keeping a journal? I'm back at it. . it really, really helps and if you record your weight in it. . it gives you a record of how much you are losing based on what you eat/drink. I've been trying to add everything, including what vitamins, water intake, exercise, other drinks. . etc. . I found it to be very useful. .

Remember: I've tasted it all before, it's nothing special. it DIDN'T make me happy, it made me FAT! . . . (thank you to a fellow Stillmaninte for posting!)
Old 06-29-2010, 06:45 AM   #2793
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CC: WTG on the walk.. I bet you feel energized and renewed.. .I love, love, love the feeling when I'm done! I hate, hate, hate the feeling of actually doing it. . I was meant to be lazy.. I'll admit it. .
Old 06-29-2010, 07:08 AM   #2794
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! come on, sing with me ~ Another one bites the dust. Actually two more bite the dust! I didn't weigh yesterday, but I'm averaging a bit over one pound lost per day! Yippeeeeeee!

I don't have internet at home right now. They are not sure what the problem is so I may be kinda absent for a few days. I can post when I come into the office, but I'm only here today, tomorrow and Thursday. I will keep up with everyone on my phone though.

I'm going to change my stats before I do anything that resembles work! Priorities!
Old 06-29-2010, 07:35 AM   #2795
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kelleykalapaki
Stats: 265/250/180
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: August 2011
Had a very stressful day yesterday...hubby took me out to dinner and I drank 6 glassed of dry red wine! WHY!!!! Needless to say I did NOT weigh today. I'm thinking Fridays will be the weigh day.
Back in the game today...now to get caught up on how you all are doing. I have a lot to read, hope you all have an awesome day!
Old 06-29-2010, 07:50 AM   #2796
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shenue
Stats: 280/216/150
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat/Moderate Calories
Hello everyone. I hope you don't mind if I jump in here with you. I've been gone from the forum for some time now....unfortunately gaining a lot of my lost weight back. I was a member from many years ago. hmmmm probably joined the first time back around 02 or 03. Lost around 60 pounds (with still many pounds to go) but fell off the wagon and left here for years. Came back in 07 and rejoined under a new nick (because I couldn't remember my old one). My signature says the rest of the story since re-joining in Jan of 2007. So here I am again and determined to lose the weight I have gained back and then much more. So here I am, hoping for a new start with probably new people since I was here last. Thanks !!!

Highest weight 280 - 1-2007/277;6-2007 213. Fell WAY off the wagon! 3-15-2010 265;5-15 2010/260;7-8/254;7-13/252;7-24/244;3-9-2011/248;4-4-11/250;4-28-2012/233;8-30-12/228; New Start 7-2-2013/248;7-22/242;9-28/235;10-19/224;11-4 /226;11-13/220.5;1-27-2014/219;1-29/217;2-15/216;8-6/233
Old 06-29-2010, 08:37 AM   #2797
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kelleykalapaki
Stats: 265/250/180
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: August 2011
Welcome back Shenue! You can do it!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:47 AM   #2798
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! come on, sing with me ~ Another one bites the dust. Actually two more bite the dust! I didn't weigh yesterday, but I'm averaging a bit over one pound lost per day! Yippeeeeeee!

I don't have internet at home right now. They are not sure what the problem is so I may be kinda absent for a few days. I can post when I come into the office, but I'm only here today, tomorrow and Thursday. I will keep up with everyone on my phone though.

I'm going to change my stats before I do anything that resembles work! Priorities!
Way to go, ,. .Mim!!! You are doing what it takes and that fat doesn't stand a chance! Rock it. .
Old 06-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #2799
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
UR2funny...WTG on the loss Kam!!!! Where do uo 'go' to do the C25K? Are you terroizing the neighbors?
I do it wherever there is shade! Sometimes that means the park near my BF's place, but this morning it was just by the park outside some flats. It's only about 3 minutes from where I'm living at the moment.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #2800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleykalapaki View Post
Had a very stressful day yesterday...hubby took me out to dinner and I drank 6 glassed of dry red wine! WHY!!!! Needless to say I did NOT weigh today. I'm thinking Fridays will be the weigh day.
Back in the game today...now to get caught up on how you all are doing. I have a lot to read, hope you all have an awesome day!
Hey kell! sometimes a girl has to do what a girl has to do.. you never know. . it may boost the ole metabolism into overdrive. . (((crossing fingers for you!)))

the best part is you are back and you are ready to roll . . good game plan!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #2801
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenue View Post
Hello everyone. I hope you don't mind if I jump in here with you. I've been gone from the forum for some time now....unfortunately gaining a lot of my lost weight back. I was a member from many years ago. hmmmm probably joined the first time back around 02 or 03. Lost around 60 pounds (with still many pounds to go) but fell off the wagon and left here for years. Came back in 07 and rejoined under a new nick (because I couldn't remember my old one). My signature says the rest of the story since re-joining in Jan of 2007. So here I am again and determined to lose the weight I have gained back and then much more. So here I am, hoping for a new start with probably new people since I was here last. Thanks !!!
She! So glad you decided to join us. Obviously you know this works! We will have that weight off in no time. . Losers unite!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #2802
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hi Peeps! Back from NYC! Had a great time, I walked (and sweated my way through) Central Park. Spent several hours in the park walking off what I ate. My calories were moderate and carbs were highish... I'd say no more than 80 per day but they were up there. Scale read 172.4 this morning, so I'm okay with that, not too much of a gain. Also TOM is right around the corner. Back to QWL today, just finished up my HB egg. Gonna catch up on posts now!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:52 AM   #2803
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Is anyone else keeping a journal? I'm back at it. . it really, really helps and if you record your weight in it. . it gives you a record of how much you are losing based on what you eat/drink. I've been trying to add everything, including what vitamins, water intake, exercise, other drinks. . etc. . I found it to be very useful. .

Remember: I've tasted it all before, it's nothing special. it DIDN'T make me happy, it made me FAT! . . . (thank you to a fellow Stillmaninte for posting!)
It's the best quote ever, it has gotten me through some tough times. Good post IM!

I write down EVERYTHING! Food, weight, exercise, vitamins, liquids. I also record my weight loss on physicsdiet.com. It puts it into a chart. But I don't like it at the moment cause it lies to me about my weight (it averages your weight loss and says what your "real" weight is). I'm doing that more for the long term results, something to look back on when I get to goal and to monitor the ups and downs.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:53 AM   #2804
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post

GREAT JOB MIM!!!!! KUTGW
Old 06-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #2805
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleykalapaki View Post
Sorry you're stressed Kelley. Wise decision not to weight. Just get back on track immediately.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:55 AM   #2806
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenue View Post
Welcome back Shenue! You'll find this a really supportive place to come to. We also have a laugh!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:57 AM   #2807
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Hi Peeps! Back from NYC! Had a great time, I walked (and sweated my way through) Central Park. Spent several hours in the park walking off what I ate. My calories were moderate and carbs were highish... I'd say no more than 80 per day but they were up there. Scale read 172.4 this morning, so I'm okay with that, not too much of a gain. Also TOM is right around the corner. Back to QWL today, just finished up my HB egg. Gonna catch up on posts now!
Hi GWN! So happy you had a great time in NYC. You'll drop the gain in no time, especially once TOM has buggered off. It'll probably get you out of that stall too. How is the squishy belly? Any better?
Old 06-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #2808
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Congrats on the losses, Mim and Kamills!!

IM2, I'm about to go out the door SHOPPING thanks to you, wish me luck and no discouragement. Sometimes shopping sends me into a tailspin with my WOE because everything looks so disgusting. I know, it's not very logical, you would think seeing the ugly fat rolls would motivate, but NO. So I'm bringing a mirror to see what some "real" shirts look like with the Spanx. If I feel like I look better, I think that would be good motivation. The shirt I put on today is exactly what you are talking about, I'm swimming in it, and it DOES make me look fat! Also, these big shirts look really stupid with the shorts I got at Goodwill last week.

In all reality, I think my best bet is to lose the next 25 lbs and then get lipo for my back and armpits and gut....although I'm sure I can't afford the copays.

Report this afternoon after Kohl's.....
Old 06-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #2809
Senior LCF Member

Narrowly avoided disaster this morning, my tilapia I got yesterday smelled funny and was kind of tacky feeling, so I didn't cook it. It would have been a good excuse to wait a day until QWL, but I had some leftover Eye of Round Roast instead. DH had gone out and got me coconut milk for my coffee before I even got up, because yesterday all we had was cream. Wasn't that sweet??

Of course then for lunch, we had BLT ingredients and he wouldn't put his own sandwich together. He's kind of helpless like that, sometimes. I did it without taking my own BLT!! Not even a bite, lick, or taste! And the tomatoes are homegrown, too, and really delicious. I had my little Laughing Cow Lite, but I had to have two of them, not one!!

Welcome back, Gwn, and welcome back to the board, Shenue!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:33 PM   #2810
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mikkie
Stats: 275/141/135
WOE: Meat/Dairy/Eggs/Fat
Start Date: May 2006
Quote:

I've been keep one for food/exercise too. I couldn't live without it! Sometimes when I get discouraged that I'm not losing fast enough, I look at the chart and realize weight loss comes in "waves" for me.

I'm mad at it right now though because it's showing me that I can't have cheese. Every time I eat it, I'm up a half pound.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:37 PM   #2811
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mikkie
Stats: 275/141/135
WOE: Meat/Dairy/Eggs/Fat
Start Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
Morning all!

I'm down .4 this morning. Looks like onederland will be for July. But I will get there by the end of the week. I just got back from my first session of C25K Week 2.
Good job with the c25k and getting closer to onederland! Onederland was weird for me. Once I got close to it, the pounds slowed down. Then after I reached it, the pounds flew off again. I have no idea why! Talk about torture...
Old 06-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #2812
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
IM2, I'm about to go out the door SHOPPING thanks to you, wish me luck and no discouragement. Sometimes shopping sends me into a tailspin with my WOE because everything looks so disgusting. I know, it's not very logical, you would think seeing the ugly fat rolls would motivate, but NO. So I'm bringing a mirror to see what some "real" shirts look like with the Spanx. If I feel like I look better, I think that would be good motivation. The shirt I put on today is exactly what you are talking about, I'm swimming in it, and it DOES make me look fat! Also, these big shirts look really stupid with the shorts I got at Goodwill last week.

Report this afternoon after Kohl's.....
Good for you, Small! I found some good buys at Kohls. .just stay out of the Juniors section! That would make anyone depressed! Eggg. my XL Hello Kitty Shirt. . is not an XL.. it is more like a minus 1!!!! but I still wear it to bed. .

Try Goodwill again. . it is a great way to supplement while you are losing, plus you can try many different styles and find some unique items! Just remember.. all sizes are different. .so grab a few.. you'll suprise yourself. .

I want a full report of your "finds". . I have to shop vicariously through you. .I have too many clothes, now. The last time I ran into the thrift shop.. I came home with some beautiful suits but they were all too big!!! My eyes are bigger than my body, I guess!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:58 PM   #2813
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkie View Post
I've been keep one for food/exercise too. I couldn't live without it! Sometimes when I get discouraged that I'm not losing fast enough, I look at the chart and realize weight loss comes in "waves" for me.

I'm mad at it right now though because it's showing me that I can't have cheese. Every time I eat it, I'm up a half pound.
I know that really sucks about the cheese. . but the up side is. .(there's always an up side!!) You discovered it and you know what to do about it. somewhere (can't remember where) I read that everyone. . no matter if they are dieting or not . should limit cheese to 4 oz a day! If I do indulge, I usually buy the sharpest cheese I can find and nibble, nibble, nibble. .it goes much further . .I'm still up in the air about Cheese and Stillmans. .for real losses, . avoid like the plaque but I get confused because he allows cottage cheese and that has more fat and carbs than the lower 2% kind. (cheese). It is a red flag food for me. . so I have to just not eat it. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 06-29-2010 at 01:04 PM..
Old 06-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #2814
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
:

Of course then for lunch, we had BLT ingredients and he wouldn't put his own sandwich together. He's kind of helpless like that, sometimes. I did it without taking my own BLT!! Not even a bite, lick, or taste! And the tomatoes are homegrown, too, and really delicious. I had my little Laughing Cow Lite, but I had to have two of them, not one!!

!
Great Job! I have to admit.. I am doing 1 cup of veggies a day and it is heavenly. . I'll report at the end of the week once I have a good week under my belt.. How are you doing eating Laughing Cow.. ? Noticed any difference? That dang cheese dilemma. .its such a mystery considering ATkins allows it and you can still lose weight. .
Old 06-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #2815
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gwn! We missed you. welcome home!
Old 06-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #2816
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Great Job! I have to admit.. I am doing 1 cup of veggies a day and it is heavenly. . I'll report at the end of the week once I have a good week under my belt.. How are you doing eating Laughing Cow.. ? Noticed any difference? That dang cheese dilemma. .its such a mystery considering ATkins allows it and you can still lose weight. .
Well, I'm allowing myself to have it as a substitute for Cottage Cheese, since it's so low in fat and calories. It's the Light variety, obviously not invented when Stilly wrote the book, but I think he would approve. Just had another one, as a snack. I don't allow myself more than three little wedges in a day, so I'd better get my butt in gear and boil some eggs if I don't want to suffer with tuna! It has not slowed my loss when I've had them. But then again, when I'm doing qwl, I don't have very many calories, period. About 300 in a day, because the food is so boring. Was that okay to say on this board?:blush:
Old 06-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #2817
Senior LCF Member

Okay, the eggs are on the stove. Now for an update on the shopping. First, the bad news. They didn't have Spanx but they had something similar, and it did suck it in a little. However, when I put on a shirt I think it was even worse!! The fat moved up, over the bra, and spilled out like mini-boobs on my back near my armpits. I swear, they were bigger than my DD's are.

I tried on tops and bottoms and it was sheer torture trying to get them ON, and getting them off would have been subject matter for America's Funniest (or most shocking) Video's. :blush: I can't do Spandex!!

Good news: I can fit in Extra Large tops!! Woo hoo!! And I found a nice gauzy white top with a camisole that is very comfy and looks great! Not as long as the ones I have been wearing. A little white embroidery up on top, and cutwork there and on the hem.

I bought that and nothing else, but since IM2 is shopping vicariously through me, I will tell you that there was a very nice peasant top in kelly green by Vera Wang. It was only $22 and I might go back for it, even though it's a little more pricey than I usually go for, and too casual for the office. It had a little smocking by the bodice with gold beads, really different. It will look nice with butt-lift jeans!

Simply Vera also had purses there for only $32. It was called a hobo, but with the top being straight acrorss, I don't think that is an accurate description. Gathered at the bottom, black, rather smallish, just right for my downsized purse criteria at the moment (don't want to look like a granny, even if I am one!) Again, I didn't really need it, but I want it. The only thing that kept me from buying it was that it didn't zip, just closed with a magnet. And I'm always dropping my purse!! I don't need to spill my guts that way.

Oh, the t-shirts were only $7.99, regularly $20. I tried one that was Large and it looked awesome!! Until I turned around and looked in the mirror. Next stop, Plastic Surgeon.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:18 PM   #2818
Senior LCF Member

My contribution for the day for water drinkers, and we ALL need to be guzzling extra with this heat! I put a sprig of chocolate mint in my thermos cup, fill with ice, and then filtered water. Taking it in the car it stays cool, and the mint is so yummy!! If I want more mint flavor just shake it around with the ice! Even with the water bottles, it's great when it gets left in the car and gets hot - voila, mint tea! Which is a lot nicer than drinking warm water.

I keep reading about how those plastic bottles give off some kind of bad substance into your water when it gets hot (like in the car, when you are shopping for clothes). So I got me a cute coffee take-along cup in stainless steel. It was coming apart, and I got the idea of putting a picture of my kids in it and re-gluing it together. I love it! I've been taking it with me everywhere; garden, stores, church, etc. And it keeps the water temperature just right for as long as it takes me to remember to keep guzzling.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #2819
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
, because the food is so boring. Was that okay to say on this board?:blush:
It's not only OK .it is expected! I think that's the Doc's plan.. Bore the fat right off of you!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #2820
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
They didn't have Spanx but they had something similar, and it did suck it in a little. However, when I put on a shirt I think it was even worse!! The fat moved up, over the bra, and spilled out like mini-boobs on my back near my armpits. I swear, they were bigger than my DD's are. I
Don't be too scared. . there are many different kinds and many of them don't fit right. . but when you find one that fits - Wooo weee. . it took me forever to try them on. . I found one that has plenty of room in the bust area but goes high enough in the back and high enough under the arms that it really does keep everything from wriggling. .plus it has a cooling effect. I'll tell you where I got it. . but don't laugh. .if you have any General Dollar stores. . they carried them. .(I went back and bought 2 more in smaller sizes last week for when I start shrinking). . I ended up with a 1X, a L and a M. . The Medium is way too tight so I alternate between the 1X and L. . They were only $10.00. . they had the bottoms too but I didn't bother. .I need the bum lifters, there not the bum smoothers!!
Closed Thread