Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #2761
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I dont think you are too skinny.
No me neither!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2010, 03:26 PM   #2762
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
.. I bring this up so anyone out there can get the nerve to try it too. Stick to plan no matter what and do something for yourself that will get you the results you want!
Too right!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #2763
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Has anyone considered a new July name?

No Lie. .Stillmans Losers will Shrink in July?
Love it!!! And love love love your new avi!!!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #2764
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hiya peeps. I am back! I messed up quite a bit i am at 204 now;-( but i am back on track now but i need all the support i can get!
Nermo!!!!!!!!!!! Hiya!!!!!!!!!! I'm so so glad you're back!! We missed you!!! and back on track--yay!!!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #2765
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
I had to pee in a bucket a couple of weeks ago as the bathroom was occupied and it didn't look like the occupant was leaving any time soon. :blush:.

GT, . I wonder why people think it's ok to say "you're too thin", and not say "you're too fat"...
Funny about the bucket!!!!!

I have so wondered that too!!!!!!!! Nobody would ever say my God you've put on so much weight--really you're too fat!!!! But the other way round is perfectly acceptable!!!!!

I still can't multi-quote!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #2766
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Today has been a little more difficult than usual. I think it's the heat. It's making me really lethargic. Also, after lunch, my BF and his flatmate were eating the amazing chocolates given to me from ex-job. They are really really amazing quality chocolates. And they smelled so so so good. I also avoided drinking wine, also given to me, I just had a sip and it was really delicious too. I think I might go for a walk to clear my head and be a bit more active as I've been sitting on my bum all day. BBL chicas.
You poor thing!!....I wouldn't have been able to resist the chocs!!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #2767
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkie View Post
LOL... Anybody ever have to pee, get up and then have to pee again? The joys of drinking so much water!
Oh yeah all the time!!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:37 PM   #2768
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post

Sorry girls, I HATE HATE HATE tuna. Although it doesn't "taste near as bad as being fat feels."
Me too! Good luck for the interview!!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #2769
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
Hey Gals!

Just doing a fly by. I'm doing great. Losing, but not on the scale yet. Will weigh soon.

Do any of you ever drink diet soda? I stopped drinking it for 7 mo. then of late I've had a few Hansons All Natural with Splenda, has no caffein. I was wondering if anyone uses this and has had any problems. I know IM was drinking diet soda's and Al would have here CLight. What about coffee and or Tea? GT are you still drinking tea?

Thanks!

Hugs,
B
Yup-still drinkin my tea!! Never drink soda!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:44 PM   #2770
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok off to bed!! Have a long journey tomorrow! Hate airports!!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:56 PM   #2771
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/195/160 5'5.5"
I'm just checking in...

I'm hanging in there despite hosting a gathering last night and making a huge pan of brownies. (I only had 1 box each of two different mixes...so Betty Crocker hooked up with Duncan Hines! )

No brownies for me...my hubby grilled some burgers and chicken and a lady brought some fancy kosher weinees....they were really good, but maybe the sodium was too high?? The scale was 2 pounds up this morning!

It's my ovulation time...and I usually feel bloated then...so I'm trusting things will get back to normal soon.

I missed a week of exercise, but got back to it this morning on the eliptical...
Old 06-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #2772
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
CC, wouldn't a scale that went "moooo" when you gained and "purrrrrrrrr" when you lost be great motivation! Drink that water. I had to pee in a bucket a couple of weeks ago as the bathroom was occupied and it didn't look like the occupant was leaving any time soon. :blush:. .
Oooh I want that scale....a bucket? that's nuttin'..I used the litter box.....

Last edited by CCGirl; 06-28-2010 at 04:07 PM..
Old 06-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #2773
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hiya peeps. I am back! I messed up quite a bit i am at 204 now;-( but i am back on track now but i need all the support i can get!
She's baaaaaaaaack! we need you, too!
Old 06-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #2774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Second interview done, with a really good result!! The first guy called back and confirmed that the second (bigwig) loved me and I’m on to the third interview on Thursday! Third one is with the General Manager in the local office, she would actually work for me, while I would report to the guy in Chicago. So this meeting is really just to make sure I’m not some 165 pound fatso with bad hair and ketosis breath and hairy legs. So all I have to do is shave my legs and be nice. The other factors will just have to be overlooked. Wish me luck!
Good luck, knock 'em dead, girl (not with the breath, thotic tacs to the rescue!) I know how tough unenjoyment can be-DH was laid off this spring for 2 months and it was awful. I am amazed one of us is not doing time for homicide...........
Old 06-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #2775
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Great. . I'm always up for a race. . I'm only on number 4 now. . I better get chugging.. I did take my vitamins. . how bout you? Your pee should be nice and clear by now. .keep drinking. .
LOL I think I'm somewhere around 6 or 7 now (16 oz. glass) I remembered my vits, too........then an hour later I was running to la toilette hoping I would make it on time!
Old 06-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #2776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm telling you. try Talipia. . you will love it. sooo much better than tuna. . . Mmmm. .I like both so I can't complain. .
I got my first bag last week...I always thought it was another name for some other fish. How do you all cook it?

Not too sure about it, though, after I read this.......

Commercially grown tilapia are almost exclusively male. Cultivators use hormones such as testosterone to reverse the sex of newly spawned females. Because tilapia are prolific breeders the presence of female tilapia results in rapidly increasing populations of small fish, rather than a stable population of harvest-size animals.[9]

Farm-raised Tilapia (the least expensive and most popular) has a high fat content and, according to a new study by researchers at the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, suggests that farm-raised tilapia may be worse for the heart than eating bacon or a hamburger.[17]

but the up side.........

Tilapia have very low levels of mercury[11] as they are fast-growing and short-lived with a primarily vegetarian diet, and thus do not accumulate mercury found in prey.[12]

Tilapia is a low total fat, low saturated fat, low calorie, low carbohydrate and low sodium protein source. It is also an excellent source of phosphorus, niacin, selenium, vitamin B12 and potassium.[13

Tilapia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 06-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #2777
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Funny about the bucket!!!!!

I have so wondered that too!!!!!!!! Nobody would ever say my God you've put on so much weight--really you're too fat!!!! But the other way round is perfectly acceptable!!!!!

I still can't multi-quote!
my grandmother and my father never had that problem.....always ur too fat/gaining etc......blech....serves him right his size ten bride from three years ago gained it all back...now he has to keep his sorry mouth shut!

someone teach me to multi pleez I SO don't get it!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #2778
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
I got my first bag last week...I always thought it was another name for some other fish. How do you all cook it?

Not too sure about it, though, after I read this.......

Commercially grown tilapia are almost exclusively male. Cultivators use hormones such as testosterone to reverse the sex of newly spawned females. Because tilapia are prolific breeders the presence of female tilapia results in rapidly increasing populations of small fish, rather than a stable population of harvest-size animals.[9]

Farm-raised Tilapia (the least expensive and most popular) has a high fat content and, according to a new study by researchers at the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, suggests that farm-raised tilapia may be worse for the heart than eating bacon or a hamburger.[17]

but the up side.........

Tilapia have very low levels of mercury[11] as they are fast-growing and short-lived with a primarily vegetarian diet, and thus do not accumulate mercury found in prey.[12]

Tilapia is a low total fat, low saturated fat, low calorie, low carbohydrate and low sodium protein source. It is also an excellent source of phosphorus, niacin, selenium, vitamin B12 and potassium.[13

Tilapia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
wahhh. .There's always something, isn't there?

Anyway. . I love to grill it. . I put lemon/pepper seasoning. I've marinated it in Italian Dressing. I've put vinegar on it. . I've grilled with just salt free seasonings.. . It always comes out good. . I have one of those cage things you can put on the grill.. works great for little pieces. .you can also put in the oven. but I prefer it grilled. .
Old 06-28-2010, 05:31 PM   #2779
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oooh I want that scale....a bucket? that's nuttin'..I used the litter box.....
That's a classic. . love it!
Old 06-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #2780
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just got back from my walk and I've officially downed my 8 24 oz bottles today. working on number 9 but decided to season it with 1/4 packet of CL. . . did my grocery shopping and came home with a ton of junk?? stupid me. .I was hungry so I should have gone straight home. . O well.. what's done is done. . I just have to stay strong. .
Old 06-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #2781
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwwwwww IM, how bad could it possibly be? I bought some junk on Saturday, too......two tomatoes and a head of broccoli rabe....it was just 99 cents (half the regular price) so I couldn't control myself!

Thanks for the tilapia tips...can't wait to try it!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:48 PM   #2782
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Small. . You can shop somewhere besides Roaman's. . Just say no. . those clothes are for big gals. .you are the amazing shrinking woman and I am sure you are at the point Of wearing department store clothes. . Go out. try some things on and get some new ideas. .

Here's a tip I learned and I think it is very true. . You will look wider and bigger if your shirt covers your kitty cat. . (It is soo true and I never realized it until I saw it on "What not to wear" when they were dressing a Plus size beauty. .it made a huge difference.). try it in a full length mirror. . don't look at your face. look at your body. . Seriously. . If nothing else. . put a bag over your heard (I'm not joking) so you can concentrate only on your body. Buy dark wash jeans which are more slimming . Make sure they are not too short or they make you look stubby. . (I still want the bum lifter's too. . ) . . It is OK for one piece of your outfit to be a little oversized as long as the other is not. . Don't wear too many prints . . make sure your hem line matches your shoes if you are wearing a skirt/dress and invest in a good pair of Spanx. . top and/or bottom. . I bought one of their tops and love it. . Gives you a nice clean look. . Just my two cents worth. . .

Sorry but Evil Kitty is getting quite mouthy. . .
Thanks for the help! You're prolly right about not getting the fat fatty clothes, but here's the issue: I have gained weight in the ugliest of places -- gut (which is why I wear those long shirts) under my arms and around my back (which is why they also have to be baggy, you can't imagine the horrid bra lines with "back fat.') I call it "wraparound boob syndrome."

Even when I had gotten down into the 120's six years ago, I still had the upper body issues, and two years ago my body decided to deposit a lot of fat under my belly button. WAY under it, if you catch my drift.:blush: I would need an industrial strength undergarment to hold it all in. Come to thing of it, seems that when I got into those little size 5 jeans, I had to fold up the belly skin to do it!!:blush:

I'm going to try looking for some more "normal" clothes. OOHHH, new job --- isn't that a good reason to shop???
Old 06-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #2783
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good luck, knock 'em dead, girl (not with the breath, thotic tacs to the rescue!) I know how tough unenjoyment can be-DH was laid off this spring for 2 months and it was awful. I am amazed one of us is not doing time for homicide...........
It's not so much the DH and me, but DD (age 17) is about to drive me nuts or vice versa!! Too many hormones for one house with her out of school for the summer!!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #2784
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm telling you. try Talipia. . you will love it. sooo much better than tuna. . . Mmmm. .I like both so I can't complain. .
Guess what looked good at Costco today?? Tilapia!! And that was before I saw your suggestion. I'm having it baked with a little Old Bay on it tomorrow for breakfast! Of course I'll cook extra to have all day, too.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #2785
Senior LCF Member

Why Oh WHY is my phone taking forever to sync? Just because I didn't do it for three or four weeks? I need to go to bed!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:01 AM   #2786
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Morning all!

I'm down .4 this morning. Looks like onederland will be for July. But I will get there by the end of the week. I just got back from my first session of C25K Week 2.

Right peeps, I'm going to get all fascist on your hineys: DO NOT GO FOOD SHOPPING ON AN EMPTY STOMACH!!!!!!!!!! You are setting yourself up for a lapse. Always keep a tuna pouch or a couple of boiled eggs on hand. That is my advice for today.

Need to shower, the combo of ketosis breath and ketosis sweat is not sexy. Mix that with tomato face, and we have Britain's Next Top Model.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:01 AM   #2787
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
P.S. GT, hope you have a safe flight!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:57 AM   #2788
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the help! You're prolly right about not getting the fat fatty clothes, but here's the issue: I have gained weight in the ugliest of places -- gut (which is why I wear those long shirts) under my arms and around my back (which is why they also have to be baggy, you can't imagine the horrid bra lines with "back fat.') I call it "wraparound boob syndrome."

Even when I had gotten down into the 120's six years ago, I still had the upper body issues, and two years ago my body decided to deposit a lot of fat under my belly button. WAY under it, if you catch my drift.:blush: I would need an industrial strength undergarment to hold it all in. Come to thing of it, seems that when I got into those little size 5 jeans, I had to fold up the belly skin to do it!!:blush:

I'm going to try looking for some more "normal" clothes. OOHHH, new job --- isn't that a good reason to shop???
Small! I have the same issues! After 4 kids and being a little smaller on the bottom. .my fat decided to settle in my arms, back and chest area. . although I don't have a big chest. . it is wide?? So. I have to be very careful of the cuts of tops I get. . I almost always have to have a V-neck. .boat neck or something more open.. I can't do a Crew. . Can't do a normal Tshirt. . (I looke stuffed). . it really is stupid. .but I almost always have to try stuff on and my sizes vary like you wouldn't believe. The only problem is. .I did notice that the stuff I used to wear when I was "thinner". . looks almost too big on me know. I have to learn to allow clothes to skim my outline not drown it! I still have a difficult time with smaller clothes but I try to wear them as much as possible. .it makes me stand straighter (hidden fat rolls) and makes me suck it in as much as possible.. which is great exercise in itself. .

Seriously. . .try the spanx wear. . I bought a cheap knock off brand and thought I would have issues with it. .but they really do hold it all steady! The cami I have is long so it covers the fat roll and it stays in place without rolling up! I was amazed. .
Old 06-29-2010, 05:04 AM   #2789
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday to yas! Where is everyone hiding out.. Report in Peeps.. you know it keeps you accountable.. we want it all.. good or bad! Can't say I was perfect yesterday. I think I let myself get too hungry! Today shall be a new day. . I've stocked my happy Hello Kitty lunch tote with chicken, fish and eggs. . my plan is to eat a small bite before I head home incase my night gets busy. . (which it always does!)...

Let us know how you are doing and if there is anything we can do to help but by all means, check in! Wishing you a meat and water filled day. .
Old 06-29-2010, 06:19 AM   #2790
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Morning all!

I'm down .4 this morning. Looks like onederland will be for July. But I will get there by the end of the week. I just got back from my first session of C25K Week 2.

Right peeps, I'm going to get all fascist on your hineys: DO NOT GO FOOD SHOPPING ON AN EMPTY STOMACH!!!!!!!!!! You are setting yourself up for a lapse. Always keep a tuna pouch or a couple of boiled eggs on hand. That is my advice for today.

Need to shower, the combo of ketosis breath and ketosis sweat is not sexy. Mix that with tomato face, and we have Britain's Next Top Model.
UR2funny...WTG on the loss Kam!!!! Where do uo 'go' to do the C25K? Are you terroizing the neighbors?
Closed Thread