Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #2731
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hiya peeps. I am back! I messed up quite a bit i am at 204 now;-( but i am back on track now but i need all the support i can get!
Welcome back I hope you enjoyed all the family time (that is what is REALLY important!)

You may not have eaten the "Stillman's Way" but you are still 68 pounds down from where you started!! AND, you know what to do to get back on track.......spend the rest of the summer with your Stillman's buddies

This month has been a frustrating month for me - weight loss has really slowed down. I thought losing 10 pounds in a month would be no problem - I was wrong

But I am sticking with it - have added a Curves workout 3x a week and I am working towards my goal of 50 pounds gone by July 10th (my 4 month Stillman's Anniversary)...........we can do it TOGETHER!!!

BTW - missed you!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #2732
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Thnx swebb missed u guys too. Thats exactly the support i am talking about.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #2733
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Mim, make sure you get all your water in before 8 if you cut off at that point. I always have to pee at least once during the night.

CC, wouldn't a scale that went "moooo" when you gained and "purrrrrrrrr" when you lost be great motivation! Drink that water.

IM2, your Hello Kitty is EVIL!!! Is she mad at us? I love how you're working the experience with your parents to your advantage. And making great choices for yourself. I like the July name.

Kelley, poor you with the steroids! At least you have an explanation for any gains. Just keep at it.

Al, sneezing and peeing, what a classic. Don't get on a trampoline if you have bladder control issues, folks. Which basically means all of us on this diet. I had to pee in a bucket a couple of weeks ago as the bathroom was occupied and it didn't look like the occupant was leaving any time soon. :blush:. WTG on your cookout! It's so true, people barely notice what you eat. In the end, most are more worried about themselves to notice what others eat.

GT, you look fantastic. Your mother is being a mother hen. It takes a while for people to get used to change. And there's always something to criticise. I wonder why people think it's ok to say "you're too thin", and not say "you're too fat"...

Swebb, I'm sure next month will see a difference. You have lost something, and that is what counts. Plus you've made a really great step by starting to do exercise. Since I started doing exercise, my weight loss has slowed down, but I'm sure after a few weeks I'll start to notice the effects on my shape which doesn't just come with weight loss on its own.

Nermo, Welcome back!!! Don't worry about the gain, you're back and ready to rock it.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:38 AM   #2734
Senior LCF Member

Today has been a little more difficult than usual. I think it's the heat. It's making me really lethargic. Also, after lunch, my BF and his flatmate were eating the amazing chocolates given to me from ex-job. They are really really amazing quality chocolates. And they smelled so so so good. I also avoided drinking wine, also given to me, I just had a sip and it was really delicious too. I think I might go for a walk to clear my head and be a bit more active as I've been sitting on my bum all day. BBL chicas.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #2735
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
GT - you sound so happy! It is really great to hear you enjoying how you look in your salsa Jeans. Maybe that is a key to some of our body image problems. We should spend a bit of time trying on clothes and buying things that actually fit and flatter. Of course, Omar the Tent maker still is in charge of my wardrobe!
I want bum lift jeans!! Maybe after I get a bum that will "lift" without a crane.

Mim, I know the feeling!! I feel like the tent hides the fat, but it probably just hides the loss. You've talked me into it --I'm going to do some Roaman's shopping soon! At least those people understand the big girl.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:03 PM   #2736
Senior LCF Member

IM2 -- so glad you MADE your vacation the best it could be!! You are the epitome of what it means to take control and make good choices. Even the fries were a good choice --- you kept that luxury down to once in a year! Thank you for being an inspiration to us.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:04 PM   #2737
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mikkie
Stats: 275/141/135
WOE: Meat/Dairy/Eggs/Fat
Start Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OK. . Challenge for today.

Let's push the water. I mean . .really, really push it. . if you normally only drink 8 . . drink 12. . if you drink 12 . ..drink 16. . Lets flush those toxins out and lets consider our bathroom breaks. . Exercise. .

who's in? We need some excitment on the board. .anyone pee their pants, yet? I'll admit. . I've come close!!
LOL... Anybody ever have to pee, get up and then have to pee again? The joys of drinking so much water!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #2738
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mikkie
Stats: 275/141/135
WOE: Meat/Dairy/Eggs/Fat
Start Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
Today has been a little more difficult than usual. I think it's the heat. It's making me really lethargic. Also, after lunch, my BF and his flatmate were eating the amazing chocolates given to me from ex-job. They are really really amazing quality chocolates. And they smelled so so so good. I also avoided drinking wine, also given to me, I just had a sip and it was really delicious too. I think I might go for a walk to clear my head and be a bit more active as I've been sitting on my bum all day. BBL chicas.
You have a strong will! I think the walk is the best for getting some of that energy back.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #2739
Senior LCF Member

Second interview done, with a really good result!! The first guy called back and confirmed that the second (bigwig) loved me and Iím on to the third interview on Thursday! Third one is with the General Manager in the local office, she would actually work for me, while I would report to the guy in Chicago. So this meeting is really just to make sure Iím not some 165 pound fatso with bad hair and ketosis breath and hairy legs. So all I have to do is shave my legs and be nice. The other factors will just have to be overlooked. Wish me luck!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #2740
Senior LCF Member

Oh.....right, this is a Stillman's board. (sighs heavily) I didn't start the QWL this morning as planned, because I didn't shop. Nothing low fat and low carb in the house, it seems! I will stop at Costco for those nice low-fat Laughing Cow cheeses and the Eggland's Best eggs (not near as pukey as the others.) Maybe a nice lean pork tenderloin too, although my grill is sort of broken!

Sorry girls, I HATE HATE HATE tuna. Although it doesn't "taste near as bad as being fat feels."
Old 06-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #2741
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Thats good! Get her on your side!!
Great Idea, MIm and Al! I think I'll buy my scale something nice for the weekend. .
Old 06-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #2742
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
I need that push...I never get enough in. OK going to chug now, thank IM2!!!!!!!!!!
Great. . I'm always up for a race. . I'm only on number 4 now. . I better get chugging.. I did take my vitamins. . how bout you? Your pee should be nice and clear by now. .keep drinking. .
Old 06-28-2010, 12:32 PM   #2743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hiya peeps. I am back! I messed up quite a bit i am at 204 now;-( but i am back on track now but i need all the support i can get!
Nermo. O Nermo. ..I thought we lost you forever. . . . Thank you for coming back home! We really, really need you. . plus I miss your sleepy little avatar!! Heck. .I think you need a face lift, already. .You need something cheerful and upbeat. . Come on girl. .we need to do this. .Al is on board. . GT is still going strong. .we have a lot of new support and Lisa is going to be a G'ma. . (One smokin G'ma I might add). .Gwn is showing us how to Get it done. . ). .

Let's roll!!! I feel like it's my birthday today. . Yipppeeee
Old 06-28-2010, 12:34 PM   #2744
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=kamills;13637616]

IM2, your Hello Kitty is EVIL!!! Is she mad at us? I love how you're working the experience with your parents to your advantage. And making great choices for yourself. I like the July name.QUOTE]

I'm feeling a little devilish around the eyes lately so I thought she seemed quite fitting. . Thank you for noticing. . (((plus I got a really stupid sunburn. . .V - Neck. . Forehead. .nose and chin. .go figure. .The T Zone. .)))
Old 06-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #2745
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Al, sneezing and peeing, I had to pee in a bucket a couple of weeks ago as the bathroom was occupied and it didn't look like the occupant was leaving any time soon. :blush:. WTG
I pee outside all the time. With 5 men in the house. . I have no choice. . I hear ya when you say. . the occupant was not leaving.. plus I do not want to go there once they do. . OMG> . What do they eat?
Old 06-28-2010, 12:39 PM   #2746
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I think I might go for a walk to clear my head and be a bit more active as I've been sitting on my bum all day. BBL chicas.
Kams! Get off that bum of yours and walk, walk, walk. .go see the sights. . . . you will feel so much better. . you really should consider a pedometer. . I love mine and make it my personal goal to walk at least 10,000 every single day! (Besides, Dr. Oz says to. ) . . That reminds me. .mine has been MIA so I must go get a new one. . Thank goodness for Amazon!!! We shall expect a full report of your walk this evening!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:47 PM   #2747
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
I want bum lift jeans!! Maybe after I get a bum that will "lift" without a crane.

Mim, I know the feeling!! I feel like the tent hides the fat, but it probably just hides the loss. You've talked me into it --I'm going to do some Roaman's shopping soon! At least those people understand the big girl.
Small. . You can shop somewhere besides Roaman's. . Just say no. . those clothes are for big gals. .you are the amazing shrinking woman and I am sure you are at the point Of wearing department store clothes. . Go out. try some things on and get some new ideas. .

Here's a tip I learned and I think it is very true. . You will look wider and bigger if your shirt covers your kitty cat. . (It is soo true and I never realized it until I saw it on "What not to wear" when they were dressing a Plus size beauty. .it made a huge difference.). try it in a full length mirror. . don't look at your face. look at your body. . Seriously. . If nothing else. . put a bag over your heard (I'm not joking) so you can concentrate only on your body. Buy dark wash jeans which are more slimming . Make sure they are not too short or they make you look stubby. . (I still want the bum lifter's too. . ) . . It is OK for one piece of your outfit to be a little oversized as long as the other is not. . Don't wear too many prints . . make sure your hem line matches your shoes if you are wearing a skirt/dress and invest in a good pair of Spanx. . top and/or bottom. . I bought one of their tops and love it. . Gives you a nice clean look. . Just my two cents worth. . .

Sorry but Evil Kitty is getting quite mouthy. . .
Old 06-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #2748
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkie View Post
LOL... Anybody ever have to pee, get up and then have to pee again? The joys of drinking so much water!
Worse than that. . getting up and thinking you are done peeing and your really haven't stopped. . I've done it in my sleep before. .
Old 06-28-2010, 12:50 PM   #2749
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
IM2 -- so glad you MADE your vacation the best it could be!! You are the epitome of what it means to take control and make good choices. Even the fries were a good choice --- you kept that luxury down to once in a year! Thank you for being an inspiration to us.
Aww. . Thank you, however. . I don't feel too inspiring.. it is amazing how a little carbs can give you hunger pains all over again. I've eaten so much today (all on program) but I feel kinda oinky
Old 06-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #2750
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OK. . Challenge for today.

Let's push the water. I mean . .really, really push it. . if you normally only drink 8 . . drink 12. . if you drink 12 . ..drink 16. . Lets flush those toxins out and lets consider our bathroom breaks. . Exercise. .

who's in? We need some excitment on the board. .anyone pee their pants, yet? I'll admit. . I've come close!!
I dreamed last night that I wet the bed! Oh my! It woke me up and took a few minutes to realize it was a dream. Them I made my 97th trip to the bathroom that night!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #2751
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Second interview done, with a really good result!! The first guy called back and confirmed that the second (bigwig) loved me and Iím on to the third interview on Thursday! Third one is with the General Manager in the local office, she would actually work for me, while I would report to the guy in Chicago. So this meeting is really just to make sure Iím not some 165 pound fatso with bad hair and ketosis breath and hairy legs. So all I have to do is shave my legs and be nice. The other factors will just have to be overlooked. Wish me luck!
There is no weigh they wouldn't want a wonderful, hot momma like you running their office. You are a sure thing! WTG
Old 06-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #2752
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh.....right, this is a Stillman's board. (sighs heavily) I didn't start the QWL this morning as planned, because I didn't shop. Nothing low fat and low carb in the house, it seems! I will stop at Costco for those nice low-fat Laughing Cow cheeses and the Eggland's Best eggs (not near as pukey as the others.) Maybe a nice lean pork tenderloin too, although my grill is sort of broken!

Sorry girls, I HATE HATE HATE tuna. Although it doesn't "taste near as bad as being fat feels."
I'm telling you. try Talipia. . you will love it. sooo much better than tuna. . . Mmmm. .I like both so I can't complain. .
Old 06-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #2753
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I dreamed last night that I wet the bed! Oh my! It woke me up and took a few minutes to realize it was a dream. Them I made my 97th trip to the bathroom that night!
O . My. . my keyboard is peeing now! Courtesy of the water spout I just sputtered all over it. .

You are so lucky you didn't pee the bed. . How funny but I've woken up in the middle of the night dancing. .literally. . under the sheets. .
Old 06-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #2754
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Page Hog alert. . .
Old 06-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #2755
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
Hey Gals!

Just doing a fly by. I'm doing great. Losing, but not on the scale yet. Will weigh soon.

Do any of you ever drink diet soda? I stopped drinking it for 7 mo. then of late I've had a few Hansons All Natural with Splenda, has no caffein. I was wondering if anyone uses this and has had any problems. I know IM was drinking diet soda's and Al would have here CLight. What about coffee and or Tea? GT are you still drinking tea?

Thanks!

Hugs,
B
Old 06-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #2756
Senior LCF Member

I thought I would share this "great weight loss" tip with all of you

Login | Facebook

P.S. It is a joke
Old 06-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #2757
Senior LCF Member

Tonight on ABC Family - 9 pm EST The premier of "Huge". It is about overweight teens trying to gain self esteem at camp. Some of what the counselors say to the teens may have some bearing on what some of us are going through now. Could be interesting or could be terrible. This was just an FYI.

Sorry to those of you not in the US - I don't know if you will get this program or not.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #2758
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
Hey Gals!

Just doing a fly by. I'm doing great. Losing, but not on the scale yet. Will weigh soon.

Do any of you ever drink diet soda? I stopped drinking it for 7 mo. then of late I've had a few Hansons All Natural with Splenda, has no caffein. I was wondering if anyone uses this and has had any problems. I know IM was drinking diet soda's and Al would have here CLight. What about coffee and or Tea? GT are you still drinking tea?

Thanks!

Hugs,
B
I drink loads of tea and often have diet coke or sugar free iced tea (Nestea). No problems so far. It has no effect whatsoever for me.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #2759
Senior LCF Member

Hi Mikkie and Christine!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:19 PM   #2760
Senior LCF Member

Just got back from my walk. I had to watch the Chile-Brazil football match before. I hate hate hate football. But I went for a walk after dinner, half an hour. Just before it started raining! There are loads of good smells coming in from neighbours round here. Everything is tempting me today. DOn't worry, I'm done for the day. I'm sure tomorrow will be easier. I'm off now, will check in tomorrow!
Closed Thread