Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 07:31 AM   #2671
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Hi Guys! I missed everyone. . hard to believe it was only a day and 5 pages of posts! I'm updated (I think!~!) and wanted to say congratulations to all you losers - I can't believe how you've sparked my motivation once again. .

OK. .Yesterday went as expected. I hate to put too many details "out here" for the world to see. .but it was what it was. .We stayed for the ceremony and then (I know this sounds awful . .but the history/details warrants). . we decided to skip the rest and did a family day with just hubby and boys and it was wonderful. .I changed into my shorts. .. .we hopped into the car and lets just say my day involved a lot of walking, food, water slides. family picture (yes. . I know!!!) and I wore a swimming suit in public and did not feel overly self conscious! SCORE. . (of course, my top shrank since the last time I wore it so I was flashing everyone that went by. .but I didn't care. . )

The only thing I can say is my parents had almost nothing to say to me and one of them dared to pat my oldest on the stomach and say. ."Looks like you lost a little weight there.."" Errrggg. . . I try so hard not to make my boys feel bad or grow up with weight issues and here that is the only thing my Dad can think to say to my son after not seeing him for almost a year! That cinched the deal. .and hubby and I both knew we wouldn't be sticking around. . It's always the same thing - either my weight or my kids. .. I've just decided that I can't change people and I can only change myself. .So. .I am. . and I am more determined than ever thanks to you 'all.

And, I did eat yesterday I don't feel guilty about it. We did pack a big cooler of food for kids and some legal Stillman's but when I got around those french fries. . I decided I was getting the biggest one they sold and I was going to sit down and enjoy it and enjoy it I did!! Hard to believe it had been almost a year since I've had any. . (((drool,drool))). . my day involved some other unmentionables but I shall spare you any more details. We walked and walked all day so I think I'm OK . . and to be accountable, I weighed myself this morning and it looks like the scale was only up one! Whew. . We had a long day.. almost. .23 hours.. so I slept in this morning. .Now, I have a boy going to camp later this afternoon so I have to pack and get his laundry together. . Then we are off on another road trip! I took out chicken and will fire up the grill. . I see tuna and chicken in my future. .

O.. and this is a first. . Not one of my boys fought all day yesterday. no arguments. . no disagreements. .Wow. .I couldn't have asked for a better day!

Last edited by IM2fat; 06-27-2010 at 07:38 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2010, 07:32 AM   #2672
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did you guys notice. All that reading and I only picked up on Bum Lift Jeans?
Old 06-27-2010, 07:37 AM   #2673
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Again, Peeps! Thank you for all the advice and for putting up with me! I am so thankful I have you guys to vent to when I'm feeling frustrated and feeling down and overly obsessive. . It is nice to get it off my shrinking chest!

O. .and can I tell you something stupid? I did get to wear my nice new skirt and we got to our destination an hour early so we stopped for coffee. .Yep. .plain, black coffee.. so I am walking out to the car and the stupid cup had a hole in the bottom of it and was leaking all over my skirt! Of all days!! I really knew it was going to be a great one at that point. . .
Old 06-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #2674
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WHere is everyone today? I hope you are enjoying this glorious.. wonderful day! Gotta jump in the shower and deliver a boy to camp. .hhehehe. .they dont' know what they are in for!!!

PS.. eating tuna for breakfast/lunch. . I slept in. .
Old 06-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #2675
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
IM2 - I am so glad you had a glorious time with your kids and dh. Good job recognizing how toxic it would have been to stick around in an environment that that does not respect you!

so did you wear the white skirt anyway?
Old 06-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #2676
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
I forgot to tell you all last night - I discovered a new treat! I left the house with a tall cup of mostly ice and a bit of water yesterday. during my drive I sprincked some cl over the ice. It was just the right combination of tangy and sweet. On the way home I did the same with the ice left from my diet coke. I discovered that it is way too tangy if too much power is poured on, but I just let the ice melt some and drank it. I'm going to do that again!
Old 06-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #2677
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
IM2 - sounds like you dodged a bullet by leaving early. I'm happy you managed to turned it into something positive with your family. You've got the right attitude. Shame about the skirt though!

Mim - I do the same with sugar free iced tea, as it's too strong on its own.

It's been quiet today in here. I've just got back from my last C25K session. It was EXHAUSTING!!!! it was nearly impossible to finish with the heat here. I'm going to have to do it after sunset or before sunrise (haha, like that is ever going to happen!).

Now I'm going to do some flat hunting.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:13 AM   #2678
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
IM2 - I am so glad you had a glorious time with your kids and dh. Good job recognizing how toxic it would have been to stick around in an environment that that does not respect you!

so did you wear the white skirt anyway?
Yep. .it was either that or my jean shorts! . . coffee stained skirts still looked better. . and the glorious thing about it was. . I didn't care!
Old 06-27-2010, 11:32 AM   #2679
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mikkie
Stats: 275/141/135
WOE: Meat/Dairy/Eggs/Fat
Start Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
You will have to fill us in on your menus and if you include exercise.

My quick story..started QWL without exercise last July at 189, got to 125-120 by Dec/Jan, and with the addition of alcohol or animal fat, I kept it going until April when I reached 113.
Great story! You lost so fast. I wish I was there. It still is hard work but not as hard as when I tried other diets. I did Atkins and gained about 20 lbs. For me, I have a hard time losing weight and this diet is the only one that worked. In fact, I haven't been under 200 lbs since junior high. Ouch! LOL

I do exercise, but it's more like I try to stay active. Walking/biking/running (not much running though)

My menus have been boring with just meat and eggs. These recipes are going to be awesome to try. I do allow one cheat day a week, but it's not a complete cheat. I raise the carbs a little bit more and eat meat with more fat. It keeps me sane.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #2680
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mikkie
Stats: 275/141/135
WOE: Meat/Dairy/Eggs/Fat
Start Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
I don't think I eat enough. My calories are between 300 and 700 (usually around 500). I think I'm still stuck in the calorie counting mentality and I'm too scared to eat more. :blush:
I know how you feel! I eat about the same amount of calories. I'm just never hungry much on this diet. When I do get hungry, I eat and try not to worry about the calories. I'm used to being a calorie counter too.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #2681
Senior LCF Member

Hello peeps! Where is everyone tonight? I just finished off my boiled eggs, and had a successful on plan day. It gets easier every day. It definitely helps to have the full support of my BF. He's so happy about my weight loss so far, and having someone cheer me on in person is definitely helping. Living together in such close quarters (until we find a place for just us two, which will be beginning of Sept) will also make it very difficult for me to binge. I'm feeling very positive about getting to goal and staying there in the next few months.

On a side note, what's the update on the electronic copy of the QWL book? Sharon, do you have it? (Sorry if my memory is not that accurate...) I may have missed the boat with that, but if I could get a copy, I'd be eternally grateful!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:39 PM   #2682
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Well, peeps, I'm all caught up! Looks like we all had a gr8 weekend!

WTG losers and welcome aboard the meat train to our newbies! (I am one also)

Had to laugh at the boiled egg posts-so glad we now know that Gwn is not a shower hog

Congrats IM on def taking control in the parent situation. Gawd I know how that feels.
I had a 'talk' with mom yesterday after she sent me a pair of Lauren cargo pants in a 14! I'm sending them back and she's not buying anything for me for awhile. And yet she gave me two pairs of her size tens while visiting and they fit. Alzheimers?

Kam, I hope the move went smoothly. You sound thrilled! Let us know what fab flat you find!

Well, the scale has been taunting me with 182 all week and this morning it looked like 181.5 so I am taking it and running......off to change stats!

Last edited by CCGirl; 06-27-2010 at 04:59 PM..
Old 06-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #2683
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps!! Just read through your posts!!
Im2--I'm so glad you ditched the parent/family thing and had a really great day with your hubby and boys! Good for you! Yeah you're right-try as we might, we can't change people. It sucks but it's true. I hope you were in every one of those photos!
kamillls-so glad you're with your BF-and it is really great he's supporting you--there'll be no stopping you now!
Mim--yay on the losses!!
Gwn-have a great time in NYC!!
Welcome Kellie and Mikkie!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #2684
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I

Do you guys know all the calories to add up in your head or are you ripping out a book or online search everytime you eat?
I know the cals of everything!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:57 PM   #2685
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
HAVE FUN!!!! Im headed to the beach and sprinkler park later for a birthday party with the kids. Should be fun! Gonna wear my bikini under my sundress or shorts to give that illusion of going for a swim. hehehe and I will not prance around the sprinklers no matter how hot it is!
Hope you had fun!!! And ya so should have pranced around those sprinklers!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #2686
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I have always worn my clothes too big thinking I was fooling everyone into not seeing my extra weight...
Me too!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #2687
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post

GT, I'm still so excited for you, fitting in those skinny jeans! What an accomplishment!!! You've come so far! Seriously,
Thanks!:blush::blush: It def does feel good!!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #2688
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I know the cals of everything!!!
LMAO it's so easy on one food group! I did do MyPlate religiously at first, that really helped.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #2689
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Thanks!:blush::blush: It def does feel good!!
GT, this may be a dumb question, but are you aware that you're half the gal you once were? I know a gal who is one third of her former self and it's like she can't see it. She is dangerously thin.......I'm SO jealous
Old 06-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #2690
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, g'nite peeps sweet dreams
Old 06-27-2010, 06:19 PM   #2691
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kelleykalapaki
Stats: 265/250/180
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: August 2011
Hey everyone! Hope you all had an awesome day...I ate on track today and I'm downing the water so we'll see what the scale says in the AM.
Do you guys weigh everyday or once a week?
Old 06-28-2010, 02:19 AM   #2692
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
did a family day with just hubby and boys and it was wonderful. .I changed into my shorts. .. .we hopped into the car and lets just say my day involved a lot of walking, food, water slides. family picture (yes. . I know!!!) and I wore a swimming suit in public and did not feel overly self conscious! SCORE. .
Im so glad you were able to share a great day with the most important guys in your life!! Despite the botched family matters, you pulled through like you always do! That stupid event is a thing of the past and you have much better memories of the day to look back on.

Im really proud of you. I love that your taking pics now and getting out in your swimsuit and even wearing a coffee stained skirt! We have to stop being so serious about ourselves and worried about what people think. No one cares or notices, and neither should we! You have taken some major steps IM2. WTG for living instead of sitting back in the sidelines!!!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 06-28-2010 at 02:20 AM..
Old 06-28-2010, 02:23 AM   #2693
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I forgot to tell you all last night - I discovered a new treat! I left the house with a tall cup of mostly ice and a bit of water yesterday. during my drive I sprincked some cl over the ice. It was just the right combination of tangy and sweet. On the way home I did the same with the ice left from my diet coke. I discovered that it is way too tangy if too much power is poured on, but I just let the ice melt some and drank it. I'm going to do that again!
never thought of this! I'll give it a go! do you still shake it around?? are you eating the ice or waiting for it to melt? So many questions for something that should be sooo simple, right!?! (It is just after 5 in the morning... )

and Im up early again!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:25 AM   #2694
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I've just got back from my last C25K session. It was EXHAUSTING!!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:30 AM   #2695
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkie View Post
I do exercise, but it's more like I try to stay active. Walking/biking/running (not much running though)
walking is full blown exercise in my book!! :blush: great job for biking and running too!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:31 AM   #2696
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Well, the scale has been taunting me with 182 all week and this morning it looked like 181.5 so I am taking it and running......off to change stats!
Woohoo! CC!! Get those stats down!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:34 AM   #2697
Senior LCF Member

Al, you're in ketosis! That happens to me too, I suddenly start sleeping less and have loads of energy. Now that I'm doing exercise though, I'm sleeping a little more.

My BF experienced the full effects of ketosis breath this morning. It's my weapon of mass destruction.

I'm taking my vits, drinking my tea, and rejoicing at meeting the 10lb challenge for this month. I weighed 202.4 this morning. So that's a total of 10.2 lbs lost this month (not including the weight I gained and lost due to the binge week). I hope to get to 199 (even if it's 199.9) by 1st July, to start the new month in onederland.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:34 AM   #2698
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleykalapaki View Post
I get on a few times a week, but not everyday anymore. I like to weigh when I have a feeling its gonna give me good news.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:37 AM   #2699
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al, you're in ketosis!

rejoicing at meeting the 10lb challenge for this month. I weighed 202.4 this morning. So that's a total of 10.2 lbs lost this month (not including the weight I gained and lost due to the binge week). I hope to get to 199 (even if it's 199.9) by 1st July, to start the new month in onederland.
ketosis! oh yeah, I forgot!! woohoo on me!!

Kam! great knews on meeting the challenge!! you are awesome! Im rootin for ya to hit 199 - YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:39 AM   #2700
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleykalapaki View Post
Hey everyone! Hope you all had an awesome day...I ate on track today and I'm downing the water so we'll see what the scale says in the AM.
Hi Kelley! I can't remember if I welcomed you.. So I generally weigh everyday... but now that I'm not losing everyday, I'm thinking of weighing less. But I find that the days I don't lose don't affect me as much as before, mainly because they are after days of C25K and the muscle is holding water.
Closed Thread