Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #211
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
"well it's made from like... finger nails, toe nails, skin etc" and you know how they get the stuff...we are literally walking with the dead! No wonder it smells!
gross!!! I never new what keratin was.....

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #212
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post

...she is nearly 19 but she is still my baby
She is beautiful! She looks like a model, only prettier! Great eyes!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #213
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Bloom View Post
Geeze louise. Seriously, does this get better? Please throw me an olive branch!!
YES!YES!YES! But not until Day3.. You can do it!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #214
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
Morning all,

Down to 210.4 this morning. 2.2 lbs loss since Tuesday. I won't meet my second goal on Saturday (of 205), but at least the scale is going in the right direction. Strict Stillman's for me until I am into onederland. Have a good day everyone!
Great news Kam!! Your right, its going in the right direction. FULL SPEED AHEAD!!! KUTGW!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #215
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
OK, I will just have to congratulate my own self: Yay! (Looking in mirror) "I do believe you have lost a chin there, darling!" "Oh, you noticed!" "That's so it won't flap around when I finally break down and buy the Shake Weight!" "Yes, good idea. Plus you look really nice without the extra chin." "Thanks, you too."

I better go to bed now. If it's not the "voices" from the pantry, it's me talking to myself. G'night.

You shouldnt have to talk to yourself! You have us!! Post some pics!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #216
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootergal View Post
Does anyone know when "the wall" kicks in? I realize the book says average weight loss is about 5 lbs a week, but have you folks found that to be correct?
When you bite, lick or taste something you shouldnt. Even just a bite is the kiss of death on this diet. The plan, followed exactly, produces those results. I believe in it. Problem is being able to follow is exactly.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #217
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post

I'm going to change my stats! It's not fair to have a lower weight than I'm at right now posted. Plus it will hold me accountable for the pounds and I will be driven to lower them! I know we say not to move it up, but this time I think it's necessary!
I think it was a good thing to up stats, Lisa. Now we can watch them go down much faster!!!! You are gonna get through this and get to goal!! Come on! Lets GO!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #218
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post

today is tuna and chicken. .what else?
exactly.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #219
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
Back to 201 again. Maybe my June goal should be to just get to 198. That would be an accomplishment.
What do you think IM? You have handled your stalls so well and you are so encouraging to everyone. I'll take any advice you have.
Can I say something? I think you should stick with meat. Eat until full and not have any sweets for a whole 2 weeks! I bet that is all you need to get to goal. Seriously! 2 to 3 to 5 days of no weight change is not a stall, and if it goes up a few pounds, I promise it will go back down. As long as you stick to meat.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #220
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I actually dumped my coffee out this morning and made myself some tea.. No caffiene. I've even been pretty good about skipping my daily diet soda. .... I can't tell if its working yet but it sure has reduced my options and choices.. Tuna, Chicken.. water.. . Water. .tuna and chicken. . I have been throwing in a few veggies but no more than 2 cups total a day. . 1 at lunch. .1 at supper.. .if nothing else. . it does make my plate colorful!!! I like color. .
Great job skipping the coffee and soda!!!! how do those veggies taste? are you putting anything on them?
Old 06-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
I am down four pounds to a new low of (drum roll please) 164!!! One more day of Stillman's before upping the fats, so, "How low can I go!!"
AWESOME!!!!! Do you have to up the fats? Keep it going!!!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #222
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
I'm so ready to get this excess weight off me.
I finally have Chris's Support to help!
It took him a while to come around to this WOE, but he is really encouraging me.
He said if it makes you feel better about yourself I will keep my carbs to myself and not eat them in front of you.. how sweet is that!
He also said that I'm beautiful and he needs me.. What a guy! I think I'll keep him
This is such great news!!! I think its really important that Chris is on the same page. You are all set now!!!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #223
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
Ooh cool, peeing on a stick. I once sneaked my DW's pregnancy sticks. Not as fun as I thought. It took a while to clean the splatter.
hopefully it came back negative!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:35 PM   #224
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
I bought a can of crab meat at Trader Joe's. Never had it before, might have it for dinner. It says 15% leg meat. What does that mean? Where's the other meat from then? I hope it's good.
Let us know! I was thinkig about trying it the other day!!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Today has been hard - I don't really have cravings more like the "munchies". So, I am trying to stay far away from the kitchen......thank goodness my daughters and their friends finished off the Cheetos!!!

I did so much cooking on the grill this weekend I did not roast my usual turkey Now I am paying for that decision 'cause there is not much to eat and I am trying to get in my 5-6 small meals.

Turkey will be roasting tomorrow!!! I am going to try a new method - I am going to flip the bird in the roasting pan so that the breast is down - supposedly this gives you more moist breast meat.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #226
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Bloom View Post
I was just reading the chapter in Good Calories Bad Calories that discussed scurvy. Basically they took some men and only gave them meat....nothing else, like the Intuits. They had them in the hospital just in case they came down with something. This went on for months, and nothing happened. In fact the men got much healthier, lost weight, and one's gingivitus completely disappeared. All they ate were meat....period.
The mans name was Vilhjalmur Stefansson. If you are interested in hearing more, you guys can read his book here:

http://www.zerocarbage.com/library/FOTL.pdf

All meat is good for you!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:43 PM   #227
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
but then I went up and got a slice!!
Now I know we have all gotten out of control!!!! GT does not cheat!!! (Im so glad you enjoyed it though!!!)

These cheats MUST get under control peeps!!! One friend cheats and we all join in. This has got to stop!! Im guilty. Can we have a Stillmans do over? PLEASE!!!! Nothing counts before right now????? What do you say??
Old 06-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #228
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
We have friends in high places When my daughter was into NSYNC we were able to go backstage and meet them 3 times.....don't even ask how many of their concerts I took her too....sigh.

So if you want to come let me know and I will see what i can do.
wow..that is awesome!! I'll get back to you!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Calculating Net Carbs

Just an FYI........ There are MANY low carb foods that we can eat AFTER and I repeat, AFTER we finish following the strict QWL.

How To Calculate Net Carbs and What They Are

We all have heard about Net and Effective Carbs. But what are they and what is all the fuss about? Let’s get something straight right away. The carbohydrates are not all created equal. I know it sounds discriminatory and I feel for them, but that is just the way it is. To file your complain, mail your letters to Carbohydrate Civil Rights Department, 24 South Carb street, Carbohydrate City, CC 14575

When digested, most carbohydrate turns into glucose, hence the name – digestible carbohydrate. Your body also digests some “sneaky” carbs, but they refuse to turn into glucose (glycerin is one example). The real “rebels” (fiber) put out a good fight and are not digested at all.

These non-metabolized and non-digestible carbohydrates, often referred as “Net” or “Effective” carbs, but it is the same thing. Even thought fiber is counted and included on food labels as carbohydrate, it is not absorbed, and has no impact on your blood-sugar levels.

To calculate the net, or effective, carbohydrate content of a food, subtract the number of grams of fiber from the number of grams of carbohydrate. For example, 1 cup of blackberries has 14 grams of carbs, but almost 8 grams of it comes from fiber. Total Carbs – Fiber = Net Carbohydrate or in our example, 14 grams – 8 grams = 6 grams of net carbs.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #230
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Today has been hard - I don't really have cravings more like the "munchies". So, I am trying to stay far away from the kitchen......thank goodness my daughters and their friends finished off the Cheetos!!!

I did so much cooking on the grill this weekend I did not roast my usual turkey Now I am paying for that decision 'cause there is not much to eat and I am trying to get in my 5-6 small meals.

Turkey will be roasting tomorrow!!!
Sorry its tough!!! Im ok for now until I get home. You are doing the right thing by sticking to it and loggin in! I was able to pick up some frozen turkey breasts this week! cant wait to try out IM2s slow cooker recipe after I finish up all the chicken in my house!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #231
Blabbermouth!!!

So I think I finally caught up after 9 hours! I promise here on in to never be away for a day!

Signed,
the page hog
Old 06-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Sorry its tough!!! Im ok for now until I get home. You are doing the right thing by sticking to it and loggin in! I was able to pick up some frozen turkey breasts this week! cant wait to try out IM2s slow cooker recipe after I finish up all the chicken in my house!
I looked at the turkey breasts this past weekend - they were $5.49 a POUND

So I just bought a whole fresh turkey and paid $0.99 a POUND.......
Old 06-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #233
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I looked at the turkey breasts this past weekend - they were $5.49 a POUND

So I just bought a whole fresh turkey and paid $0.99 a POUND.......
Thats a great price on fresh and its not thanksgiving!! I found mine at Walmart. Like 3-4 pounds for $8. Have no clue if they are any good though..
Old 06-03-2010, 05:55 PM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Molly Bloom
Stats: 280/231/150
WOE: Counting Carbs
Start Date: 03/21/2010
I can't weigh myself everyday. No can do. I become obsessed, and it depresses me. If I'm going to get depressed, I only want to be that way once a week! So it's Saturday mornings for me.

The idiots at my company ate chocolate chip cookie dough outside my office door for 15 minutes today. It was the first time I felt an urge. It was almost painful. So I got a can of tuna and sucked it down.

I forget, can we eat salmon? They have really good canned Salmon at Trader Joes.....
Old 06-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Hi gang, I'll be honest, I haven't been able to read all the posts on our new thread so just checking in.

Ugh, Mom is killing me with needing three meals a day AND cocktails so I'm just a stalling away. I assumed this would be the case and I'm not complaining, at least no gains.

Congrats on all you losers and welcome new beginners. You will never be sorry you started this program(me -UK girls ROCK)

BBL
Old 06-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #236
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
It feels good to be home finally. My day spun out of control. Lunch ended up being at a restaurant where I did pretty well, but not strict. I got home and had to change and run out the door to a meeting. On the way I realized that I was getting hungry - the meeting started at 6:15. So I ran in to Wal-Mart, bought some tuna packets and a bag of plastic forks and ate one in the car. I'm going to keep the other ones in the car so that I am always prepared.

And now I'm going to crash. Tomorrow will be long and hot, but I'm prepared!
Old 06-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Well I got on the scale at night! I don't know why I had the urge to do so, but i am on day two or three of just tuna, eggs and cheese... i ate two cheese sticks again today! 4 pks of tuna, i piece of tilapia and 2 hard boiled eggs.. 1 diet dr pepper and lots of CL peach flavored tea! So the scale read 194.9 at 9 pm! I hope that means it will be 191ish iin the morning! I know TOM makes me gain between 6 an 7 pounds, but i haven't had him show up yet, so i guess it was a good idea to get on the scale at night... But i don't think it's something I wanna do all the time!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Can I say something? I think you should stick with meat. Eat until full and not have any sweets for a whole 2 weeks! I bet that is all you need to get to goal. Seriously! 2 to 3 to 5 days of no weight change is not a stall, and if it goes up a few pounds, I promise it will go back down. As long as you stick to meat.
Can I say something? I think your right. It's starting to get hard now. I'm bringing my DD to the Shreck movie tomorrow and I dont remember the theater selling meat. Then, like IM, I work in a baseball league and work doubleheaders twice a week. I only get sausage links and water, but I cant drink too much because I cant leave the press box until after the game. I hope sausage is OK.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #239

Gallery: Suri
Stats: 126/123/106
Start Date: 30 May 2010
Quote:
I love the way that eating meat makes me feel! My face is totally puffed out right now and the bloat?!?! horrible!!! I can not blame TOM because these things never happen to me when Im "on meat".
I agree, eating meat makes me feel great ! My hair, skin are always in good mood.
The sugar not only makes me bloat but also a terrible headache, When the food around our mouth, we feel like heaven with sweet taste but after they reach the stomach, they are totally poisonous !
Old 06-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #240

Gallery: Suri
Stats: 126/123/106
Start Date: 30 May 2010
2 more pounds has gone after 2 days yay me ! Well, i hope i can catch up with my goal, 110 on 14 june
Closed Thread