Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 09:12 AM   #1831
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
look closely in my avi's hand!
What is it?? Does she have six fingers???

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #1832
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Yes!!! Repeat after me. . it is only a number. .and it should not affect my mood. . I need to remember why I am doing this and doing all the right things can only do positive things for my body I will be strong and I will do what I know is right. .I am the bomb!
it is only a number. .and it should not affect my mood. . I need to remember why I am doing this and doing all the right things can only do positive things for my body I will be strong and I will do what I know is right. .I am the bomb!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #1833
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Becky: Love it!!! Thats great!

Make me: shes holding a hello kitty..
Old 06-19-2010, 09:17 AM   #1834
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
it is only a number. .and it should not affect my mood. . I need to remember why I am doing this and doing all the right things can only do positive things for my body I will be strong and I will do what I know is right. .I am the bomb!

I am the bomb too!

yup..keep repeating!!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:21 AM   #1835
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hey everyone!
Down .4 today so 170.6 - Ugh. It's taken me all week to take off the 2lbs I gained which is sort of out of character for the way I have been losing, I don't know what's up but I promise you all, I am NOT complaining... Just confused why it'd take so long. TOM isn't due for another 8-10 days so it can't be that. I am going to eat a bit more today and I'm going to eat more frequently too and see if that does anything. Again... not complaining, I'm super happy with where I'm at. I tried on a pair of my size 10 pants and they fit but are snug, other 10s did not button... I think it's fair to say I'm in a snug 12 but I only have one pair of 12s... lots of 10s from when I was at my lowest and I do not want to buy any pants that are above a 10 since I don't plan on hanging out here long!

The concert last night was awesome!! I did not eat enough yesterday because I wasn't hungry before the show and didn't get home until 1am so I just went to bed hungry, don't like eating so late... Had 1 HB egg and 10ozs grilled chicken.

Peeps, I have a question... I boiled some eggs while I was in the shower today but I messed up and didn't full cook them through. I already ate one and the yolk is firm but it's not fully hard boiled. Nothing runny... Just you know... Are they still okay to eat and do you think they will last as long in the fridge?? Is this what you call soft boiled?

Okay... at work but I'm gonna try and catch up on the posts now!

Oh, Kamills, congrats on a new low!!!! All down hill from here!!

Welcome aboard, Becky!!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 06-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #1836
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi Kam! thanks for asking!!!! Im in a tricky situation right now. Its the battle between losing and maintaining! QWL really works so well for me. too well sometimes.. Knowing this, I can cheat for three days, then lose it all and then some in 4. This isnt the stuff I want to broadcast because its not going to help anyone out. I guess Im kinda doing the Stay Slim eating now, but I dont count calories. The Stillmans On, Stillmans Off every few days works.

With all that rubbish said.... I can absolutely and positivly say that eating strictly meat for 9 months was the best I ever felt. I dont know if Im sick with guilt, but carbs, whether they are veggies or icecream, make me feel awful. I get stuffy in the belly, nose, and feet , headaches, mood swings, eye itches, I need to go lay down or sleep immediately following, and I have thoughts of eating more even though Im full. (Its fun for the moment but the hangover is the worst!)

Sorry for the ramble...Im kinda in a grey area right now...It has been very hard going back to strictly meat, but I would really like to get back there soon, and maintain with the extra fat. I miss my prime rib outings!!! For me, its the only way to go.

Im looking forward to someone getting into maintenace so we can formulate a better plan of attack! I'll be waiting. Just dont make me wait too long, peeps!
Wait for me, Al!! I am going to need even more support in maintaining my loss then I need losing it!! I'm sooooo nervous and scared for what will happen when I start eating carbs again!! I'll just you find the right formula before I get there so I can just copy you!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:31 AM   #1837
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
I already ate one and the yolk is firm but it's not fully hard boiled. Nothing runny... Just you know... Are they still okay to eat and do you think they will last as long in the fridge?? Is this what you call soft boiled?
Thats totally fine! and they probably go down easier too! my guess is you will eat them all up before they have a chance to go bad!

Fantastic about getting into the tens!!! and you are right- you wont be them long!!! I predict another pound down tomorrow! Keep it up Gwn- you are awesome!!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:31 AM   #1838
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I know we all have reasons and incentives for wanting to lose weight...
Some of mine are very noble...and some are very vain...haha

My noble reasons...
to feel better in my body
to have more energy to be a good wife, mom, etc
to improve my overall health
to take care of my "temple"

My not so noble reasons...
In a month there is a huge meeting where I will see people I only see once a year...
In August I have a 25 year high school get together/reunion...not sure if I'm going to that...but looking more fit would help me go...
I am the librarian at school...I'd love to knock em all off there feet by being much skinnier when school starts!
They will be taking pictures for the website when school starts!!
I'd love to look great for Christmas pictures this year!! haha

Not to mention all the clothes in my closet that are too small. My clothes range from size 14 to size 1X...and some of the 1x's were getting tights...I'd like to see those 14's on my bod again soon!

Just my saturday morning ramblings...
This is such a great group...I'm glad to be a part!
That's the spirit. .I love. . love. .the not so noble ones best! I also love your Avi!!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:32 AM   #1839
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Quote:
Hey everyone!
Down .4 today so 170.6 - Ugh. It's taken me all week to take off the 2lbs I gained which is sort of out of character for the way I have been losing, I don't know what's up but I promise you all, I am NOT complaining... Just confused why it'd take so long. TOM isn't due for another 8-10 days so it can't be that. I am going to eat a bit more today and I'm going to eat more frequently too and see if that does anything. Again... not complaining, I'm super happy with where I'm at. I tried on a pair of my size 10 pants and they fit but are snug, other 10s did not button... I think it's fair to say I'm in a snug 12 but I only have one pair of 12s... lots of 10s from when I was at my lowest and I do not want to buy any pants that are above a 10 since I don't plan on hanging out here long!

The concert last night was awesome!! I did not eat enough yesterday because I wasn't hungry before the show and didn't get home until 1am so I just went to bed hungry, don't like eating so late... Had 1 HB egg and 10ozs grilled chicken.

Peeps, I have a question... I boiled some eggs while I was in the shower today but I messed up and didn't full cook them through. I already ate one and the yolk is firm but it's not fully hard boiled. Nothing runny... Just you know... Are they still okay to eat and do you think they will last as long in the fridge?? Is this what you call soft boiled?

Okay... at work but I'm gonna try and catch up on the posts now!

Oh, Kamills, congrats on a new low!!!! All down hill from here!!

Welcome aboard, Becky!!
Yay! Go Gwn! The .4 counts. Did you read the article about squishy weight and water and whooshes. It definitely explains why you haven't lost on the scale the last few days. Here's the link: Of Whooshes and Squishy Fat | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald so you don't have to trawl through the old posts.

As for the eggs - I never ever eat my eggs hard boiled. They are always slightly runny, not very firm at times, and they keep just the same. I prefer them that way. Chomp away and don't worry about them being too runny.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:32 AM   #1840
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Acaci Berry is fast. . Tmi. .Toodles
Old 06-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #1841
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

OMG. that is too funny. .I'm on my little computer. .could see it. .
Old 06-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #1842
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Wait for me, Al!! I am going to need even more support in maintaining my loss then I need losing it!! I'm sooooo nervous and scared for what will happen when I start eating carbs again!! I'll just you find the right formula before I get there so I can just copy you!
I dont see you having a problem AT ALL!!! You have a had a few off plan "planned" moments and jumped right back in the game! Thats the way to control it! Plus, the off plan food items were real food and not junk! Thats the way to go!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #1843
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Oh wow...I can see it now, cool!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #1844
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. .fly by posting. .I just stopped to eat my breakfast/lunch of glorious wonderful . . O so special. Chicken!! I'm not sure if I'm gonna grow feathers or gills. . but. .way to rock the Stillman's diet. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 06-19-2010 at 09:39 AM..
Old 06-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #1845
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey guys. .all this talk about maintenance has me thinking.

We really have to approach it as a way of life . . we have to learn to incorporate good carbs (Fruit, veggies whole grains) back into our diet but we have to realize being at goal is not a ticket to eat "what you want". .you will end up right back where you started with extra baggage. (((horrors))) . Anyway, I think the "ladder" effect is the way to go. slowly add only healthy carbs in increments of 30 g until you notice a fluctuation in your weight. . .I was thinking veggies first. fruits. nuts . then grains. . I am also thinking one meal at a time. . Treats and stupid carbs should be just that. . Treats for when we want to be stupid. . Not every day. . Not every meal. .we will still have to ge the majority of our food from our friend, protein. . .
Old 06-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #1846
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok weird question... Does anyone else ever wake up in the morning and like feel your body and know whether the scale is going to be down or not?? I do this, every morning. It's like I don't wanna jump outta bed right away so I just lay there and feel my torso and I can usually tell whether it's gonna be a new low, a gain or about the same. Kams link to squishy weight got me thinking about this. The last few days I just felt squishier and knew the scale wouldn't show a new low. lolol. I swear, when I am fat(ter), I never know my body this well!! But I remember last time I lost a lot of weight, I would feel my body all the time and I'd put my hands around my thighs to see if my fingers could touch and at 147 they did. Okay, just putting that out there
Old 06-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #1847
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
Here's the link: Of Whooshes and Squishy Fat | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald so you don't have to trawl through the old posts.
Finally read it. good stuff. So all my real fat has burned up and now Im left with squishy fat. Now I need an article to tell me how to get rid of the squish... I have a feeling its gonna be exercise. so not fair!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:43 AM   #1848
Major LCF Poster!

OK, I want to buy a mincer...just had Turkey mince and I could see all the little bits of fat...they aint foolin me! If I had one I could mince my own Beef steak as well as Turkey and Chicken...anyone else do this?
Old 06-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #1849
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

We really have to approach it as a way of life . . we have to learn to incorporate good carbs (Fruit, veggies whole grains) back into our diet but we have to realize being at goal is not a ticket to eat "what you want". .you will end up right back where you started with extra baggage. (((horrors))) . Anyway, I think the "ladder" effect is the way to go. slowly add only healthy carbs in increments of 30 g until you notice a fluctuation in your weight. . .I was thinking veggies first. fruits. nuts . then grains. . I am also thinking one meal at a time. . Treats and stupid carbs should be just that. . Treats for when we want to be stupid. . Not every day. . Not every meal. .we will still have to ge the majority of our food from our friend, protein. . .
Awesome post and right on!!!! I especially love: "Treats and stupid carbs should be just that. . Treats for when we want to be stupid. "
Old 06-19-2010, 09:46 AM   #1850
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I dont see you having a problem AT ALL!!! You have a had a few off plan "planned" moments and jumped right back in the game! Thats the way to control it! Plus, the off plan food items were real food and not junk! Thats the way to go!!!
Yea but Al, let's just say 6 years ago when I was 147, it was just gonna be a little cheat here and there, totally thought I could control it with induction or QWL, whatever few pounds I'd gain. Um.... we all know how that ended up 84 pounds later!!! I have no sense of portion control... Don't know how to tell myself to stop... I stop when the plate is clean and if there's more in the pot, I stop when that's gone too or I feel like my sides are splitting open!! QWL kills my appetite... Carbs make me hungry... even if they're good carbs!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #1851
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I would feel my body all the time and I'd put my hands around my thighs to see if my fingers could touch and at 147 they did. Okay, just putting that out there
YES!!! I know exactly what you mean!!! Im feeling my gut and thighs right now and Im disgusted.. just squeezed my back fat too. (squishy fat, that is)

thanks for helping me formulate a new goal!!! getting my hands around my thighs!! I can do two inches above my knees right now. yes there were many mornings of belly rubbing going on...and I also checked it after I ate a big steak and it was always flat! the good ole days..gotta get back!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:50 AM   #1852
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

I agree with this too. The ladder is the way to go... I just need to learn how to portion control that ladder!!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #1853
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Exactly what I wanted to say, but only gibberish came out.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:54 AM   #1854
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok weird question... Does anyone else ever wake up in the morning and like feel your body and know whether the scale is going to be down or not?? I do this, every morning. It's like I don't wanna jump outta bed right away so I just lay there and feel my torso and I can usually tell whether it's gonna be a new low, a gain or about the same. Kams link to squishy weight got me thinking about this. The last few days I just felt squishier and knew the scale wouldn't show a new low. lolol. I swear, when I am fat(ter), I never know my body this well!! But I remember last time I lost a lot of weight, I would feel my body all the time and I'd put my hands around my thighs to see if my fingers could touch and at 147 they did. Okay, just putting that out there
I can predict if I'm going to lose usually too. I don't think I've ever been able to get my hands round my thighs though
Old 06-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #1855
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Happy for you!
Thank you Bratty! I'm so happy someone with such similar stats is here.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #1856
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I have no sense of portion control... Don't know how to tell myself to stop... I stop when the plate is clean and if there's more in the pot, I stop when that's gone too or I feel like my sides are splitting open!! QWL kills my appetite... Carbs make me hungry... even if they're good carbs!
Im like you. the maintenace plans sound so good and its totally the thing to strive for because its considered the healthy way to go, but it's very difficult for me to do. I cant stop with just a little of this or that. For me, meat and fat is the easiest and most satisfying way to go. No temptations, food tastes great, and I was able to eat as much of it as I wanted. I should have never went on that vacation.

off to wean myself off carbs....

Last edited by aleriaaa; 06-19-2010 at 10:00 AM..
Old 06-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #1857
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I can predict if I'm going to lose usually too. I don't think I've ever been able to get my hands round my thighs though
but you will!!!

btw...I have really long fingers... hahaha
Old 06-19-2010, 10:06 AM   #1858
Blabbermouth!!!

hey- what poor princess is getting a noogy from Sleeping beauty?! that avi is hilarious! I like CC's bad-a$$ princess's too! whats up C?
Old 06-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #1859
Senior LCF Member

Last avi wasn't a success... so here's a new one.

Back to the books. BBL
Old 06-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #1860
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Last avi wasn't a success... so here's a new one.

Back to the books. BBL
ahhhahhaa Cool!!!!

She looks like me! Except for the thighs!!!
Closed Thread