Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 07:09 AM   #1771
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I'm watching MTV, painting my nails , drinking tea (of course!) and waiting for my laundry to finish--that's why it's taking so long to catch up!!
I haven't seen it yet but I did see her on the MTV music awards. . STrange as it is. .our MTV rarely plays Videos any more. . they have all those weird reality shows. ..I kinda miss the MTV of the 80's. .Loved. . loved . .loved it. .

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2010, 07:09 AM   #1772
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hey guys! My internet has been pants the last couple of days...so I have still not managed to catch up with the old posts. The 3lb I gained yesterday is nowhere to be seen this morning, yippee...wish they would have taken another friend with them though but oh well. Congrats to all the losers and also to those sticking with it even if they have not showed a loss. Also, welcome to the newcomers, you have come to the right place.
It was just water!!! Yay!! Now if we could all take our own advice and stop worrying about the fluctuations on the scale!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:10 AM   #1773
Big Yapper!!!!

Kamills your new avi is scary!!! Maybe just what we need to kick our butts in gear tho!!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:10 AM   #1774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Powerless. I am so sorry you had a rough week but the important thing is that you logged in, fessed up, brushed yourself off and got back on it. . You will find that your "cheats" will become less and less over time and will no longer last weeks, days or even hours. This is a great place for redemption.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:11 AM   #1775
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT: Your avi makes me smile. .
Old 06-19-2010, 07:11 AM   #1776
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Unfortunately..YES!!!! But NOT today! There's no one here to babysit me!!!! Woohoo!!! Time with my buddies!!!
Goody!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:12 AM   #1777
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Becky! Welcome! Yes we all have issues!! But you'll do well here, the support is fantastic!!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:12 AM   #1778
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I bought the 5 day acaci berry cleanse. . Not as harsh as the others. will report my "findings". It is supposed to get rid of tummy bloat. . I need a lot more than 5 days for that
Oh, IM2, I hope you used a really secure website to get it from. I got targetted by online bank fraud when I tried to buy some of that online. It was one of those free samples though, and all you had to pay was the postage. 2 months later though, my card got charged nearly 90 euros for something I never bought. Def report your findings! No photos will be necessary though! I think you need to get a new scale too. Seriously, how do you find the willpower to stick at it? Now, that is what I call staying power.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:13 AM   #1779
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'll be popping in and out today. .working from home again. I hate working on Saturdays too. My yard is looking very neglected. . and I really want a beach day. .But. .no rest for the wicked. .next week is going to be a killer if I don't get everything done today/tomorrow. .piles of work. and I do mean piles!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:14 AM   #1780
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Kamills your new avi is scary!!! Maybe just what we need to kick our butts in gear tho!!
I'm a CAVEMAN!!!!!!!!!! I will hunt you all down if you don't eat like me. Grrrrrrr.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:17 AM   #1781
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
POWER!!! but you just have to pick yourself up, DO NOT DWELL ON THE MISTAKES, learn from them. You are not going to achieve anything by beating yourself up about it.
Totally agree!! And NEVER weigh directly after a cheat--you will have gained water weight and so it's just depressing to see it and it could derail you further.

That was a brilliant post Kamills.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:18 AM   #1782
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh, IM2, I hope you used a really secure website to get it from. I got targetted by online bank fraud when I tried to buy some of that online. It was one of those free samples though, and all you had to pay was the postage. 2 months later though, my card got charged nearly 90 euros for something I never bought. Def report your findings! No photos will be necessary though! I think you need to get a new scale too. Seriously, how do you find the willpower to stick at it? Now, that is what I call staying power.
I bought them at the store. . I'm too scared to order anything I put in my body on-lline. . .. .I did find a way around getting scammed though. .and it works wonders. I buy one of those pre-loaded credit cards and only put a little over the amount of the product and thats what I use to order stuff. Works like a charm especially for those items they "automatically" renew. . I like to buy magazines, etc. and they always have awesome deals ..

O. .I stay on this plan for the following reasons:

1. I feel better, clothes feel better
2. I love LCF
3. I never, ever want to go back. .seriously . 10 pounds - 30 pounds. . 100 pounds. .I feel how you feel about yourself says a ton. I have always been insecure and with every pound I lose = I find a little more of myself under there. .
4. I have more energy
5. I'm a little less moody (just a little )
6. It gives me something to obsess about. .
Old 06-19-2010, 07:19 AM   #1783
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
(and so tempted by the chocolates sitting on the kitchen table
Oh you poor thing---that really is too close for comfort.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:21 AM   #1784
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
The same goes for [insert carb-loaded posion of choice here]
Hmmmm I wonder what I'd be putting in there!!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:24 AM   #1785
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi GT! How is the inches off diet going? (That is what it's called, right...?)
Well I've lost an inch off my waist!!! So I'm not complaining-----yet!!!! And the energy is amazing!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:25 AM   #1786
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Al! I'm glad you commented on my previous post as it worked as a reminder for me. I was feeling weak before eating my boiled eggs and re-reading the pros. I should stick them up on my wall, or better still tattoo them to my body! So, fess up girl, what have you been up to? Any damage?
Hi Kam! thanks for asking!!!! Im in a tricky situation right now. Its the battle between losing and maintaining! QWL really works so well for me. too well sometimes.. Knowing this, I can cheat for three days, then lose it all and then some in 4. This isnt the stuff I want to broadcast because its not going to help anyone out. I guess Im kinda doing the Stay Slim eating now, but I dont count calories. The Stillmans On, Stillmans Off every few days works.

With all that rubbish said.... I can absolutely and positivly say that eating strictly meat for 9 months was the best I ever felt. I dont know if Im sick with guilt, but carbs, whether they are veggies or icecream, make me feel awful. I get stuffy in the belly, nose, and feet , headaches, mood swings, eye itches, I need to go lay down or sleep immediately following, and I have thoughts of eating more even though Im full. (Its fun for the moment but the hangover is the worst!)

Sorry for the ramble...Im kinda in a grey area right now...It has been very hard going back to strictly meat, but I would really like to get back there soon, and maintain with the extra fat. I miss my prime rib outings!!! For me, its the only way to go.

Im looking forward to someone getting into maintenace so we can formulate a better plan of attack! I'll be waiting. Just dont make me wait too long, peeps!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:27 AM   #1787
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well I've lost an inch off my waist!!! So I'm not complaining-----yet!!!! And the energy is amazing!!!
:kick ing: That's fantastic news! Are you weighing? I'd def go off the inches more that the weight as that's what everyone sees. (I'm so vain!)
Old 06-19-2010, 07:27 AM   #1788
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Morning Peeps. .Well. .for some unknown and stupid reason. . my scale put me at 156 this morning. I'll call it water fluctuation and get on with my life. . I'm guessing that 145 is next to impossible by next saturday. at this point, I will take 149. . .. that's an overnight woosh for some of you. . o wait. .I'm really !

Al. . Kams
Ok Im2---stop weighing every day!! Keep doing what you're doing---the journal, the no BLTs and the walking and bike riding--and go by how your clothes fit..the weight will come off, but you're drive yourself crazy.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:30 AM   #1789
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
This is a really really good rule. But it does mean that I'm going to be tripling my posting!!!!!!!!!
Good! Then you can be the page hog!!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:30 AM   #1790
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I haven't seen it yet but I did see her on the MTV music awards. . STrange as it is. .our MTV rarely plays Videos any more. . they have all those weird reality shows. ..I kinda miss the MTV of the 80's. .Loved. . loved . .loved it. .
No either does ours (UK/Ireland)...it used to when we were in college. But now it's just US reality TV---OK I do love The Hills and The City!!! My guilty pleasure!!
The German one plays them the whole time nearly!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:31 AM   #1791
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
GT: Your avi makes me smile. .
Goody!! It is rather cute!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:32 AM   #1792
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
OMG OMG OMG has anyone seen the new Katy Perry video
YES YES YES!!!!! Love it!!! She rocks!! I could defintiely see you in that bikini!!! Go for it Cupcake!!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #1793
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh the other cool thing about the MTV here (germany) is that on MTV.de and VIVA.de-the sister channel--you can watch all the videos for free--it's so cool!! You can't download them but you can listen to them all day!! I have KP on repeat!!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:35 AM   #1794
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi Kam! thanks for asking!!!! Im in a tricky situation right now. Its the battle between losing and maintaining! QWL really works so well for me. too well sometimes.. Knowing this, I can cheat for three days, then lose it all and then some in 4. This isnt the stuff I want to broadcast because its not going to help anyone out. I guess Im kinda doing the Stay Slim eating now, but I dont count calories. The Stillmans On, Stillmans Off every few days works.

With all that rubbish said.... I can absolutely and positivly say that eating strictly meat for 9 months was the best I ever felt. I dont know if Im sick with guilt, but carbs, whether they are veggies or icecream, make me feel awful. I get stuffy in the belly, nose, and feet , headaches, mood swings, eye itches, I need to go lay down or sleep immediately following, and I have thoughts of eating more even though Im full. (Its fun for the moment but the hangover is the worst!)

Sorry for the ramble...Im kinda in a grey area right now...It has been very hard going back to strictly meat, but I would really like to get back there soon, and maintain with the extra fat. I miss my prime rib outings!!! For me, its the only way to go.

Im looking forward to someone getting into maintenace so we can formulate a better plan of attack! I'll be waiting. Just dont make me wait too long, peeps!
I've been thinking a lot recently about how to transition from Stillman's to a more inclusive plan when nearer maintenance (very preemptively though). Perhaps the problem may be not introducing those small amounts of carbs slow enough? Or if you want to go the fat route, you should start doing that as slowly as you would with carbs? Fat for me is a take it or leave it issue. I'm not too keen on saturated fat (apart from cheese), but love olive oil, avocados, nuts, olives which I think is the healthy fats, and I love salads. But I have a feeling that maintenance will be more difficult than losing... so I feel your pain. It must be really difficult to know what to do next. For now, just concentrate on getting back to meat and losing the last pre-maintenance weight, and then decide from there. I'm not sure what your BMI would be at goal, but if it isn't too low, you could also consider losing a little extra as a "cushion" (what an oxymoron!) so that when you start experimenting with your maintenance diet, you won't be too disheartened about any gain as it would technically be still goal. What do you think?
Old 06-19-2010, 07:35 AM   #1795
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I'm a CAVEMAN!!!!!!!!!! I will hunt you all down if you don't eat like me. Grrrrrrr.
Oh yeah forgot about the eat meat thing!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:35 AM   #1796
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
my scale put me at 156 this morning.
gosh...im really too. keep doing what you are doing and get the cleanse for the day before. make sure to start it early enough though. I dont usually promote stuff like this, but I know if you can see the number you want on the scale, it will make the whole family experience a much better one. Even though that number is only in our minds, I know how you will feel.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:37 AM   #1797
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I bought the 5 day acaci berry cleanse. . Not as harsh as the others. will report my "findings". It is supposed to get rid of tummy bloat. . I need a lot more than 5 days for that
OH! You already got it! cool! Dont forget to strap yourself in! Could be a bumpy ride!! You know Im joking and I love you right?
Old 06-19-2010, 07:37 AM   #1798
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I

2. I love LCF.
And that's THE best reason ever!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:38 AM   #1799
Big Yapper!!!!

I have one of those loadable credit cards too!! I use it for stuff I'm not to sure about!! They're a pain to load tho! I use the normal one for flights and stuff!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:39 AM   #1800
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OK I do love The Hills and The City!!! My guilty pleasure!!
Mine too. :blush:
Closed Thread