Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 05:04 AM   #151
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I have weighed and am 9.5 pounds above my May 1st weight. Sigh. But I know that with all of your support I can get things moviing in the right direction! I have two on plan days under my belt! Well, I don't wear belts because my belly is so big I would have to buy two and sew them together to get them to fit around my waist!

I've got to feed my granddaughters and me too!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2010, 05:49 AM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
OK, I will just have to congratulate my own self: Yay! (Looking in mirror) "I do believe you have lost a chin there, darling!" "Oh, you noticed!" "That's so it won't flap around when I finally break down and buy the Shake Weight!" "Yes, good idea. Plus you look really nice without the extra chin." "Thanks, you too."

I better go to bed now. If it's not the "voices" from the pantry, it's me talking to myself. G'night.
OOo small. . I love it. .I think I shall try self-talk. .
Old 06-03-2010, 05:51 AM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
At the moment I am just taking a regular Centrum each day...but that has only been since starting this diet. I have always wondered about the hair and nail vitamins. One thing I do know that is good for the nails is gelatine. If I eat jelly/jello every day for a few weeks I can tell a huge difference. I am trying to find some organic SF Jello...anyone know of where I might find some?
I started taking Biotin after someone on this board suggested it. I have never, ever been able to grow fingernails.. But now. . I can! Go figure. .supposed to be good for your hair, too. .
Old 06-03-2010, 05:53 AM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I have weighed and am 9.5 pounds above my May 1st weight. Sigh. But I know that with all of your support I can get things moviing in the right direction! I have two on plan days under my belt! Well, I don't wear belts because my belly is so big I would have to buy two and sew them together to get them to fit around my waist!

I've got to feed my granddaughters and me too!
We will get you in that belt soon enough. .Hang here for a week and see what happens!
Old 06-03-2010, 05:54 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so, my plan is to have a very good day. .I dont' know what happened to me yesterday afternoon but I crashed hard. . came home from work and was just going to lay down for a minute. Hubby came in about 7;30 (after he dropped the kids off) and I thought it was morning (that's how hard I was sleeping!). . . I was so relieved to find out it wasn't..

today is tuna and chicken. .what else?
Old 06-03-2010, 06:17 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Back to 201 again. Maybe my June goal should be to just get to 198. That would be an accomplishment.
What do you think IM? You have handled your stalls so well and you are so encouraging to everyone. I'll take any advice you have.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:00 AM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
Back to 201 again. Maybe my June goal should be to just get to 198. That would be an accomplishment.
What do you think IM? You have handled your stalls so well and you are so encouraging to everyone. I'll take any advice you have.
I'm really not that qualified to give any advice.. .especially as of late. . But. . I think you need to really push water and increase exercise. . I do much better when I incorporate even a walk into my day. . Lately I just haven't been making myself do it. .but I intend to. . .that is, if the rain ever stops!

The Doc also says that even a bite of anything will throw your body out of ketosis and you will not lose. 3 solid days of being perfect is supposed to put you back into fat burning mode. I've been reading that a lot of followers don't actually give it that long and start "mixing" it up earlier than they should. .but again. what do I know. . I've tried it all. . but I blame my meds and blame my lazy butt for most of it. .

You will do fine. .Hit is hard for the next three days and be true to the diet. .it'll come off. . review the stickies - it always helps me to have the plan handy so I can remind myself that Reeses Pieces are not part of the deal!
Old 06-03-2010, 07:04 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been reading again and just wanted to pass this on!

News about Endometriosis: you may be able to prevent it by eating right. Getting plenty of foods high in Omega-3 Fatty acids, such as TUNA or salmon can decrease your risk by 22 percent while chowing down on foods high in trans fat can increase your chances by as much as 48 percent. . .

So. .gals.. I think we picked the right diet.. Eat your Tuna!!!! (And take your vitamins. .) Have you taken yours today? I have a reminder set up so I take mine with lunch. . do it.. it works and your body will thank you later for it!
Old 06-03-2010, 07:08 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did not weigh myself . . haven't felt like it this past week.. still soooo freakin bloated! But the water is helping . . and I actually dumped my coffee out this morning and made myself some tea.. No caffiene. I've even been pretty good about skipping my daily diet soda. .... I can't tell if its working yet but it sure has reduced my options and choices.. Tuna, Chicken.. water.. . Water. .tuna and chicken. . I have been throwing in a few veggies but no more than 2 cups total a day. . 1 at lunch. .1 at supper.. .if nothing else. . it does make my plate colorful!!! I like color. .
Old 06-03-2010, 07:10 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
One last thought.. Try not to focus so much on the day to day. .look at the overall loss . . you are still doing great! 10 pounds is huge. .really. . it is. . that's a whole size!!
Old 06-03-2010, 07:14 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
One last thought.. Try not to focus so much on the day to day. .look at the overall loss . . you are still doing great! 10 pounds is huge. .really. . it is. . that's a whole size!!
Thank you IM, one last question, how do I know when I'm in ketosis? I'm still not 100% sure what ketosis is.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:15 AM   #162

Gallery: Suri
Stats: 126/123/106
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 30 May 2010
Hi IM2, are you supposed to count the calories ???
I really hate to do so, i have been doing that for years, years, ...
Old 06-03-2010, 07:18 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi there. Can I ask if the very cute babe in your av pic is your's? Gorgeous and so cute! just lately...since turning 40 I seem to be getting all broody, which is weird because I absolutely know I do not want anymore children. However, yesterday I saw these really cute, amazing polka dot romper suits and I so want to buy one but can't figure it out coz I have no one to buy one for??? go figure!? they come in pink, purple, blue, yellow...what is happening to me? Thanks for your comments on my hair...maybe I will wait a week or two.
Oh, I know what's happening to you -- you are at that baby-loving phase after having children but before grandchildren!! I used to do the same thing. Yes, that cute adorable Gerber-looking girl is mine -- my grandaughter who is now 5! I have two grandsons, too! See how long I had been away from this site before I found this group??

So the truth is out, I'm peri-menopausal, which is what I have been blaming a lot of my fat-retention on. It's hard to lose when your hormones are going berserk! Think of it as TOM on steroids, because that is almost literally what it is!!:lau gh:
Old 06-03-2010, 07:26 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I started taking Biotin after someone on this board suggested it. I have never, ever been able to grow fingernails.. But now. . I can! Go figure. .supposed to be good for your hair, too. .
I sure hope Biotin works. I started about a week ago because my nails were peeling so bad I could feel the nail polish going on! They are so thin and soft it hurts! My hair isn't affected, but it has always been kind of thin. When I started losing on Atkins, it started falling out! Maybe Biotin will prevent that this time.

I am down four pounds to a new low of (drum roll please) 164!!! One more day of Stillman's before upping the fats, so, "How low can I go!!"
Old 06-03-2010, 07:28 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
mid morning snack.. tuna packet and 1 hard boiled egg YAY!
Old 06-03-2010, 07:32 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
so, my plan is to have a very good day. .I dont' know what happened to me yesterday afternoon but I crashed hard. . came home from work and was just going to lay down for a minute. Hubby came in about 7;30 (after he dropped the kids off) and I thought it was morning (that's how hard I was sleeping!). . . I was so relieved to find out it wasn't..

today is tuna and chicken. .what else?
Your body needed the rest!! BTW, I find that I lose better when I'm getting adequate sleep. Sometimes that's the hardest thing to do, there are not enough hours in the day. Studies show that lack of sleep will derail fat loss. This is scary stuff, girls, but it is really part of a healthy lifestyle, which is what we are after, isn't it?
Old 06-03-2010, 07:35 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
I'm so ready to get this excess weight off me.
I finally have Chris's Support to help!
It took him a while to come around to this WOE, but he is really encouraging me.
He said if it makes you feel better about yourself I will keep my carbs to myself and not eat them in front of you.. how sweet is that!
He also said that I'm beautiful and he needs me.. What a guy! I think I'll keep him
Old 06-03-2010, 07:47 AM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thank you IM, one last question, how do I know when I'm in ketosis? I'm still not 100% sure what ketosis is.
The books says . three pure days and you are in ketosis. .you have to get all carbs and sugars out of your diet and let your body switch from burning sugar to fat. . .I guess the easiest way is to buy the ketone sticks.. (Walmart had them by the diabetic stuff). .They are about 6 bucks for 100 or so. . I bought them. . Hubby was always into ketosis and I was always just a trace. . .I guess it is different for different people but the key is to not feed your body any sugar.. or anything that turns to sugar. your body should produce what the Doc calls Ash and I've heard tell of people here seeing floaties in their urine. . I guess that's how the body passes some of the by products .. .
Old 06-03-2010, 07:48 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri View Post
Hi IM2, are you supposed to count the calories ???
I really hate to do so, i have been doing that for years, years, ...
I lost most of my weight by NOT counting any calories. .I think that's the beauty of this diet. .you can eat meat when you are hungry and not worry about the calorie count. I recently tried to count calories because of my stall but then I became too obsessed with eating and how much I was eating so I'm back to listening to my body instead of my mind. .
Old 06-03-2010, 07:52 AM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So the truth is out, I'm peri-menopausal, which is what I have been blaming a lot of my fat-retention on. It's hard to lose when your hormones are going berserk! Think of it as TOM on steroids, because that is almost literally what it is!!:lau gh:
Christine! That is exactly why I want to get this weight off so I can enjoy a few years before I have to go through that. . When I was getting my Mamo the nurse asked me if I had a hysterectomy. .the she said. .no wait. you are having one. . then said. No.. You must be going through Menopause!!! I felt like saying. .do I look that old to you or do you think I need a hysterectomy. .I was confused, anyway. .I'm in my early 40's . .isn't that a little early for that stuff? Hope so. .and then again. . maybe not!
Old 06-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am down four pounds to a new low of (drum roll please) 164!!! One more day of Stillman's before upping the fats, so, "How low can I go!!"
Weigh to go, Christine!
Old 06-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
He also said that I'm beautiful and he needs me.. What a guy! I think I'll keep him
ahh. .Lisa! That is so special
Old 06-03-2010, 08:05 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I sure hope Biotin works. I started about a week ago because my nails were peeling so bad I could feel the nail polish going on! They are so thin and soft it hurts! My hair isn't affected, but it has always been kind of thin. When I started losing on Atkins, it started falling out! Maybe Biotin will prevent that this time.

Very Good! smaller's getting smaller.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The books says . three pure days and you are in ketosis. .you have to get all carbs and sugars out of your diet and let your body switch from burning sugar to fat. . .I guess the easiest way is to buy the ketone sticks.. (Walmart had them by the diabetic stuff). .They are about 6 bucks for 100 or so. . I bought them. . Hubby was always into ketosis and I was always just a trace. . .I guess it is different for different people but the key is to not feed your body any sugar.. or anything that turns to sugar. your body should produce what the Doc calls Ash and I've heard tell of people here seeing floaties in their urine. . I guess that's how the body passes some of the by products .. .
Ooh cool, peeing on a stick. I once sneaked my DW's pregnancy sticks. Not as fun as I thought. It took a while to clean the splatter.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:27 AM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
That's wonderful that your loss is noticeable. I have lost 22 lbs and NO ONE has noticed or said anything to me. Makes me wonder if maybe my scales and clothes are lying to me. I'm trying to be patient, because I know the last 10 lbs were put on quickly at the end of last year, maybe it's not noticeable that they are gone. I can't wait til it becomes visible to my friends. That's what I get for letting myself become a blob.

How many pounds did it take the rest of you to get noticed? I remember on Atkins it was about 15 or 20. It was a coworker I didn't even know very well.
I'm at over 50lbs now and people just started to really notice in the last 10 lbs or so. lolol
Old 06-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Bloom View Post
Whoa, this is harder than I thought. Second day....and I've been on Atkins for months....!

So I had some Ham at lunch...that's it. For dinner I had an omelet (not cooked in oil) with cottage cheese, dill, garlic powder....and then I lost it and added a shake of parmesan.

Geeze louise. Seriously, does this get better? Please throw me an olive branch!!
It gets a lot easier! Ketosis from Stillman's is way stronger than on Atkins... Seriously no appetite, and once you lose your taste for all those fatty things, you stop craving them!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
4 Tuna Packets and 2 hard boiled Eggs with 2 cheese sticks and lots of water w/cl! That was my menu yesterday!

Today i plan on cutting out the cheese sticks and upping my water. Scale read 197.7 WTH!!! How the Heck????

I gained a ton of weight back on vacation! I know TOM is right around the corner too, but honestly! I guess sitting in a car for 12 hrs and eating carbs can do this to ya ppl! Go figure!

Breakfast consisted of a pack of tuna!

I'm going to change my stats! It's not fair to have a lower weight than I'm at right now posted. Plus it will hold me accountable for the pounds and I will be driven to lower them! I know we say not to move it up, but this time I think it's necessary!

BTW, My new scale weighs so much heavier than my old one, but it is closer to the scale the doc. has!
Wait, did I miss something while I was on vaca?? I thought you were like 178???
Old 06-03-2010, 08:35 AM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everyone! TOM showed up last night and scale was down like 3lbs today but I am still 6lbs over sig. Yesterday I ate 1/2 egg and about 14ozs grilled chicken. I biked 15 miles! Today I have to work 11-9 so I don't think I'll be getting a bike ride in, but you never know.... I bought a can of crab meat at Trader Joe's. Never had it before, might have it for dinner. It says 15% leg meat. What does that mean? Where's the other meat from then? I hope it's good.
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 06-03-2010, 08:43 AM   #179
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! Really busy! Christine--Yay on the loss! Lisa-what a nice guy! Bigbass-too funny about the pregnancy sticks! Im2--you deserved that sleep-you work sooo hard!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Bloom View Post
Whoa, this is harder than I thought. Second day....and I've been on Atkins for months....!

So I had some Ham at lunch...that's it. For dinner I had an omelet (not cooked in oil) with cottage cheese, dill, garlic powder....and then I lost it and added a shake of parmesan.

Geeze louise. Seriously, does this get better? Please throw me an olive branch!!
Hi Molly - For me the first week was the hardest. I learned quickly to always have something lean and low/no carb prepared. Now it is like second nature - and the grocery shopping is easy as well! LOL
Closed Thread