Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #1711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
I lived in Chile. In Santiago, the capital. Now I'm in the north of Spain, but moving to Madrid next Saturday. I think this will be where I finally settle for at least a few more years. I'm English, and I think I feel more at home in Europe, but funnily enough feel most like a foreigner in Britain! I'm trying to take advantage of having no children, being young and not being tied down to get all my travelling done!
Kamills: You live in Chile? Wow. .one of the gals I work with is all nervous because her son is going to Chile to study in a week or so. . .She wants to go with him. hehehe. . She said its winter there? Mmmm

Yep. .get it all out of your system while you can. . Once the childrens come along. .life as you know it. . ceases!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #1712
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I have been dreading eating chicken lately. So tired of chicken! lol

This time I pre-made my chicken last night, boiled it forever in chicken broth.

Today I just got a few ounces out and cooked it in a small skillet with the teriyaki recipe here on the forum. It was actually pretty yummy. I also got soe curry and other spices to change it around.

Maybe I can stand chicken for a bit longer.
I did the BBQ chicken for awhile, too. . The very best way to do chicken is on the grill. . if you can. . . I could eat it that way every day (and pretty much do). .You can also try lean pork as an alternative. . Try marinating in italian dressing. . or rubbing with spices. . Some of the peeps used to use the george foreman grill. . but I think it comes out dry that way. .
Old 06-18-2010, 01:39 PM   #1713
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. I want a clean Colon. . .who's in?
Old 06-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #1714
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Kamills: You live in Chile? Wow. .one of the gals I work with is all nervous because her son is going to Chile to study in a week or so. . .She wants to go with him. hehehe. . She said its winter there? Mmmm

Yep. .get it all out of your system while you can. . Once the childrens come along. .life as you know it. . ceases!
I live in Spain now. I moved here 9 months ago directly from Santiago. Tell your friend that her son will be fine! Chile is not your typical Latin American country, I certainly would not call it third world. It's getting pretty cold there by now. It was a great experience going there, and since he's a bloke he'll be absolutely lapping it up! I only got robbed once (and that was because I was being absent minded), and things are a little backwards there, but he'll love it, I'm sure. 2 years there was a little long, but my first 6 months were incredible. I love me them Chilenos, but I would say that as my boyfriend is one!
Old 06-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #1715
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
lol! IM you crack me up! If you on on both websites, they give you all the ingredients, so I think if you chose one that's not as expensive you'd be ok too. Im using the Para Gone and Candi Gone. Then the Colonex. It really works and makes such a difference. I can see a HUGE change in my stomach. Hope this helps.

Hugs,
B
Old 06-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #1716
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 234/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: April 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
lol! IM you crack me up! If you on on both websites, they give you all the ingredients, so I think if you chose one that's not as expensive you'd be ok too. Im using the Para Gone and Candi Gone. Then the Colonex. It really works and makes such a difference. I can see a HUGE change in my stomach. Hope this helps.

Hugs,
B
Can I get you to give the links again?
Do they have kind of stimulant or caffeine? I have a heart condition extremely sensitive to caffeine/stimulants and avoid it like the plague.
Some of the colon cleaners that I have looked into have had it so I never looked any further even tho I would like to do a cleanse.

Last edited by BrattyS; 06-18-2010 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: bad spelling :D
Old 06-18-2010, 03:34 PM   #1717
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hey!!! Work has ben I-N-S-A-N-E!!! I cant even think straight!!! They are changing my schedule and it rots. Im going to have to work 13.5 hours Saturday AND Sunday, all summer!! sigh... No birthday parties..no family get togethers... no picnics... Im bummed. It was already bad enough working Saturday but to take a way my Sunday too?!?! sigh sigh sigh....sigh.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #1718
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
OK. I want a clean Colon. . .who's in?
Im too scared of those things that'll come out!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #1719
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
why didnt anyone warn me!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:57 PM   #1720
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I did end up taking a nice long bike ride last night . . road to and around the lake (We live about 3 miles from a little lake and it is so nice to walk/ride out there. .). . Lots of hills involved so I think my legs got a good workout..
That sounds wonderful IM2!!! Great job!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #1721
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
1/2 pound down this morning
woohoo Sharon!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #1722
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 199/195/160 5'5.5"
Start Date: :::again::: December 26, 2013
A newbie

Hi everyone!

I'm not new to LC, but I am very new to Stillman's. I have been inspired by a dear friend (who can reveal herself anytime she'd like...)

I've been successful with LC off and on...but I think my calories would get too high because I over did things with the cheeses, sour creams, yummy casseroles & desserts.

This is my 5th day on Stillman's and despite the fact that I went through the initial headache for 1 1/2 day ... and it's my TOM...I feel really good. I'm enjoying the food...most of all I'm enjoying not being consumed by my cravings.

I truly have issues with food...I'm such a pendulum eater...either being really good or really bad. Right now my resolve is very strong and I'll be reading your past posts and learning...

I look forward to getting more aquainted with this great group of losers! : )
Old 06-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #1723
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 234/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: April 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm not new to LC, but I am very new to Stillman's. I have been inspired by a dear friend (who can reveal herself anytime she'd like...)

I've been successful with LC off and on...but I think my calories would get too high because I over did things with the cheeses, sour creams, yummy casseroles & desserts.

This is my 5th day on Stillman's and despite the fact that I went through the initial headache for 1 1/2 day ... and it's my TOM...I feel really good. I'm enjoying the food...most of all I'm enjoying not being consumed by my cravings.

I truly have issues with food...I'm such a pendulum eater...either being really good or really bad. Right now my resolve is very strong and I'll be reading your past posts and learning...

I am a newb too This is day 10 for me. I am like you. I am either really good or massively bad. Something I have been working on for about a year. I am no where as bad as I used to be but it is still there...

This is a really great group of ladies. I think you will feel right at home. Yay for your friend bringing you here.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #1724
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hey!!! Work has ben I-N-S-A-N-E!!! I cant even think straight!!! They are changing my schedule and it rots. Im going to have to work 13.5 hours Saturday AND Sunday, all summer!! sigh... No birthday parties..no family get togethers... no picnics... Im bummed. It was already bad enough working Saturday but to take a way my Sunday too?!?! sigh sigh sigh....sigh.
Well. .on the bright side. .you'll have more time to visit with us!
Old 06-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #1725
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hi everyone!

Welcome Becky! We all have issues with food. . I think thats the reason we found each other. . Who else spends time on the internet talking non stop about food, poo, exercise, more food.. our bodies. O . and more food! Hehehe. .

You will do great. just keep on hanging out. .. We love to help!
Old 06-19-2010, 02:20 AM   #1726
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Welcome Becky! We all have issues with food. . I think thats the reason we found each other. . Who else spends time on the internet talking non stop about food, poo, exercise, more food.. our bodies. O . and more food! Hehehe. .

You will do great. just keep on hanging out. .. We love to help!
Welcome Becky! What IM2 is so right... I think we all are obsessed with weight and food here. And I can definitely relate to the penudulm effect. But these days, the sequence of good days get longer and longer and the bad days get fewer and fewer. I really think Stillman's helps with that, and of course being here. You've come to the right place. Good luck and keep us posted, even when things get tough!
Old 06-19-2010, 02:25 AM   #1727
Senior LCF Member

My my, this has been a busy thread this month. Lots of comings and goings. I hope some of the veterans check in soon! We need their wisdom, and I sure hope they're doing well.

So ladies (as BBP is temporarily absent), I can officially say with a big smile on my face that I am FINALLY below my stats at 208.4!!!!!!!!!! And before Sunday, too! Woopdidoop!

Now the real weight loss begins. Must keep it up and lose another 8.4 lbs for 1st July. Onederland is getting close.

Now I'm off to change stats and run some errands. Have a great Saturday everyone! BBL
Old 06-19-2010, 03:16 AM   #1728
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hey guys! My internet has been pants the last couple of days...so I have still not managed to catch up with the old posts. The 3lb I gained yesterday is nowhere to be seen this morning, yippee...wish they would have taken another friend with them though but oh well. Congrats to all the losers and also to those sticking with it even if they have not showed a loss. Also, welcome to the newcomers, you have come to the right place.

Last edited by makemeslim; 06-19-2010 at 03:25 AM..
Old 06-19-2010, 03:18 AM   #1729
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
My my, this has been a busy thread this month. Lots of comings and goings. I hope some of the veterans check in soon! We need their wisdom, and I sure hope they're doing well.

So ladies (as BBP is temporarily absent), I can officially say with a big smile on my face that I am FINALLY below my stats at 208.4!!!!!!!!!! And before Sunday, too! Woopdidoop!

Now the real weight loss begins. Must keep it up and lose another 8.4 lbs for 1st July. Onederland is getting close.

Now I'm off to change stats and run some errands. Have a great Saturday everyone! BBL
Woohoo! Take a look atcha now!
Old 06-19-2010, 04:31 AM   #1730
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
This time next week I shall be on a flight back home!!!! :
Im soooooo excited for you!!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 04:34 AM   #1731
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Im2---that is the best "poem" ever!!!!! Seriously!!!! I read it earlier on and I wrote it down!!
Now I have taken your advice and am keeping a food/exercise journal---in a tiny notebook with picks of cupcakes on the front!! I bought it and was just waiting to find a use for it!! I have the poem written on the front page!!!
I LOVED the poem too, IM2!!!! With Gt's cupcakes, and Im2s moo-cow journal, I just may have to run out and get a Lady Gaga notebook!!!

Perhaps this will finally be the thing to get me to goal. I've been waaaayy too relaxed... I can have a meat column, a water column, an exercise column, and especailly a vitamin column!!! Darn those pills. I forgot them last night!!!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 04:37 AM   #1732
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al--are you working hard???
Unfortunately..YES!!!! But NOT today! There's no one here to babysit me!!!! Woohoo!!! Time with my buddies!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 04:39 AM   #1733
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Forbidden Foods
The diet strictly forbids carbohydrates, vegetables, fruits and fats, including butter and vegetable oils. Alcohol and sugar are also not allowed.
I forgot all about this!!! :blush: Carbs and fat are forbidden??!? oops :blush:

Old 06-19-2010, 04:42 AM   #1734
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I really, really miss Nermo

I sure hope no one else leaves us. . come back, Nermo. come back. We need you here. .
If she doesnt come back soon, Im gonna start worrying... NERMO!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!!!??!! It feels like forever!
Old 06-19-2010, 04:46 AM   #1735
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I was thinking this morning of all the reasons why I should stick to this woe, and thought I'd post them here as a little reminder to all of us.

1. First and most importantly: Incredibly fast weight loss (that's good enough reason in itself)
2. I sleep better, and I sleep less (when I eat carbs, I slip into coma state, and need at least 8 hours, but on Stillman's I wake up naturally after 6.5 hrs)
3. More energy
4. Better bowl health (no bloat, no gas)
5. Despite being low calorie, I don't get as crabby and irritible when the calories consumed are protein (in comparison with low cal diet). Makes it much easier to live with me!
6. No appetite
7. It's so simple - no thinking required about what I'm going to eat.
8. It's cheap
9. It works wonders on my mental state, I feel more positive, motivated and optimistic while on it.
10. And I've found this thread with all you wonderful people to go through it together!
Kam- Great great post. I couldnt have explained better!!! Thank you for sharing!! There are soo many pros! It's really the way to go!
Old 06-19-2010, 04:50 AM   #1736
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: powerless
WOE: Stillmans
<crying, miserable and beating up on myself> I really went off the deep end and indulged in every food I could think of a week ago. I'm back since yesterday, but didn't want to weigh myself. Since I can only imagine the damage I did to a great plan and a good stqrt on my weight loss journey. Grrrr!
Will weigh tomorrow and report in. I have to lose this weight, and I was doing really well with Stillmans and the weight was coming off nicely earlier this month. It's literally killing me to not stick with the plan.
It was so nice to see familiar names this morning when I logged in. Kamills and IM2Fat.....it's so nice to see everyone is still here and moving forward.
I'm going to pick a household project today in order to avoid making the refrigerator my activity.
So far have had coffee and a hard boiled egg. Yesterday was a good day too. Will check in later. Have a good day to all!
Old 06-19-2010, 04:51 AM   #1737
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
It's just water for sure! You would have had to eaten 10,000+ excess calories to gain. I can go up that much after having a glass or two of wine the night before or not enough water.
We are all so different! I go down 2-3 pounds after a night of vino! or vodka, or tequila.....come to think of it, I always call it dehydration, but as long as I stick to the meat plan the weight does stay off. maybe Im just lucky...or its coincidence that I was going to a whoosh that day anyway......dont know
Old 06-19-2010, 04:52 AM   #1738
Senior LCF Member

Al! I'm glad you commented on my previous post as it worked as a reminder for me. I was feeling weak before eating my boiled eggs and re-reading the pros. I should stick them up on my wall, or better still tattoo them to my body! So, fess up girl, what have you been up to? Any damage?
Old 06-19-2010, 04:56 AM   #1739
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Had a one pound loss for today bringing me to 211. Kamills you left me! :P

I have not been hungry at all the last couple of days. I have to literally make myself eat.

I admit that when I started stillman again I had planned to only do it for 2 weeks then slowly introduce some carbs, veggies etc into my diet, but I feel great. I have not felt this good in SO long.

Now hopefully I cant maintain this mood for the long haul. I have a huge chunk of weight to lose and want it off asap!
HI Bratty!! You are past the hard part and as long as you stick with it your mood will stay and your results will be amazing! You will want to keep going farther and farther into this journey!!!! You and Kam are doing so well. Don't let ANYTHING slip you guys up!! I am so happy for you two!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 04:59 AM   #1740
Blabbermouth!!!

and Im soo happy for everyone else! DONT LET ANYTHING SLIP YOU UP!!! This is our time to get the weight off once and for all!!!

NEw Rule, or one that has been neglected....we must log in and call out our cheats before we cheat! The support and motivation of this board with have us thinking twice before we decide to go off plan...

Not that anyone's been cheating, but Im bringing it up because everyone is doing so well!! Dont stop!!! Keep it up!!!
Closed Thread