Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 06:19 AM   #1681
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I just looked at the curry powder I used yesterday and low and behold it lists starch as an ingredient...I can not believe I missed this. That has to be it...right guys?. Please don't tell me I have to give up my diet pop.
I know that really blows when that happens. . I am supposed to be giving up my diet pop too . .as I hear rumors it can cause a stall.. What next? Anyway, if you are losing while drinking it.. I say don't mess with it. .

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2010, 06:24 AM   #1682
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. .No great Woosh. . I am back to my posted stats. . Now. . If I could only get below them . . I'll be having a party! Please O Please. .O please. .

I did end up taking a nice long bike ride last night . . road to and around the lake (We live about 3 miles from a little lake and it is so nice to walk/ride out there. .). . Lots of hills involved so I think my legs got a good workout.. My stupid hands kept going numb so I gotta remember to ease up on the handle bars. . bad habit. .

Today better be a good day or I'll punish myself in the morning. . have a great day, peeps. .I'll check in later. .
Old 06-18-2010, 08:03 AM   #1683
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
1/2 pound down this morning but I am not changing my stats until the scale STAYS down for a couple of days!

I need to catch up on all the postings but wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to all the "losers"

We DO seem to be missing several people
Old 06-18-2010, 08:50 AM   #1684
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 238/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: November 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
1. First and most importantly: Incredibly fast weight loss (that's good enough reason in itself)
2. I sleep better, and I sleep less (when I eat carbs, I slip into coma state, and need at least 8 hours, but on Stillman's I wake up naturally after 6.5 hrs)
3. More energy
4. Better bowl health (no bloat, no gas)
5. Despite being low calorie, I don't get as crabby and irritible when the calories consumed are protein (in comparison with low cal diet). Makes it much easier to live with me!
6. No appetite
7. It's so simple - no thinking required about what I'm going to eat.
8. It's cheap
9. It works wonders on my mental state, I feel more positive, motivated and optimistic while on it.
10. And I've found this thread with all you wonderful people to go through it together!

The pros far way out the cons. What are your reasons for sticking at it? Especially you veterans!

I agree 1000% Anytime I think I don't want to do this anymore I remind myself that I spent a year counting calories and eating "healthy". Lost 20 pounds and then I just couldn't do it anymore and boucned the same several pounds around for 9 months.

This gets is done and gets it done fast.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #1685
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I have not had a chance to catch up with yesterdays posts. 3lb up today! I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why/how...I am not feeling well...I could not get off the toilet yesterday (soz for TMI) and today my throats is sore and I am bunged up but I expected to be down today, especially after the bathroom issues...I did eat a lot of prawns yesterday, which I curried and I drank more diet lemonade than usual but sugar free drinks have never been a problem before...please tell me this is just water guys. It' is nearly the end of TOM but I don't think that is the reason.
Your 3 pounds is probably just water gain. Your intestines hold a lot of water when you have bowel issues that have you on the toilet a lot. I hope you feel better soon!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:05 AM   #1686
Major LCF Poster!

Had a one pound loss for today bringing me to 211. Kamills you left me! :P

I have not been hungry at all the last couple of days. I have to literally make myself eat.

I admit that when I started stillman again I had planned to only do it for 2 weeks then slowly introduce some carbs, veggies etc into my diet, but I feel great. I have not felt this good in SO long.

Now hopefully I cant maintain this mood for the long haul. I have a huge chunk of weight to lose and want it off asap!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:43 AM   #1687
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Gwn and IM2 - I'm really hoping you both see a loss (well, I hope EVERYONE sees a loss, obviously!!!) as you've both been sooooo dedicated. Gwn, have you seen The Office (the UK version), it's great! As is Extras, Rciky Gervais' other comedy show. I've got some of his podcasts which I keep meaning to listen to. Incidently, when he first became popular back in 2003ish, I HATED him, but now I find him hilarious!

1. First and most importantly: Incredibly fast weight loss (that's good enough reason in itself)
2. I sleep better, and I sleep less (when I eat carbs, I slip into coma state, and need at least 8 hours, but on Stillman's I wake up naturally after 6.5 hrs)
3. More energy
4. Better bowl health (no bloat, no gas)
5. Despite being low calorie, I don't get as crabby and irritible when the calories consumed are protein (in comparison with low cal diet). Makes it much easier to live with me!
6. No appetite
7. It's so simple - no thinking required about what I'm going to eat.
8. It's cheap
9. It works wonders on my mental state, I feel more positive, motivated and optimistic while on it.
10. And I've found this thread with all you wonderful people to go through it together!

The pros far way out the cons. What are your reasons for sticking at it? Especially you veterans!
I have seen the UK Office and I am not a fan of either the US or UK version. But Extras is hilarious!! I like the list you wrote and completely agree with you except for the sleep thing, I seem to need more sleep on Stillman's. I love that it's so cheap to eat this way, I've saved tons of money!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #1688
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OK. .No great Woosh. . I am back to my posted stats. . Now. . If I could only get below them . . I'll be having a party! Please O Please. .O please. .

I did end up taking a nice long bike ride last night . . road to and around the lake (We live about 3 miles from a little lake and it is so nice to walk/ride out there. .). . Lots of hills involved so I think my legs got a good workout.. My stupid hands kept going numb so I gotta remember to ease up on the handle bars. . bad habit. .

Today better be a good day or I'll punish myself in the morning. . have a great day, peeps. .I'll check in later. .
Sounds like an awesome ride! Just do what I do, punish myself by forcing myself to bike even further I bike along water too and I have noticed that if i head out after 8pm, my face becomes a human windshield for bugs! Considering I don't get home from work until 6:30, I always end up cutting it close. Did you experience that around the lake?
Old 06-18-2010, 09:50 AM   #1689
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lots of losers on board today! I am at 171, so just a bit over sig but if it takes me 3 more days to get to sig, like it took to get that last pound off then I'm gonna be

I doubt I can get a ride in tonight... I'm going to a concert (Amanda Palmer).

I don't like so many of my staples on this forum disappearing. I love the newbies, but we need check ins here, peeps!!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #1690
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I agree 1000% Anytime I think I don't want to do this anymore I remind myself that I spent a year counting calories and eating "healthy". Lost 20 pounds and then I just couldn't do it anymore and boucned the same several pounds around for 9 months.

This gets is done and gets it done fast.
I totally hear ya. . .I've been bouncing the same 5 pounds around forever and ever!! I am not complaining too much because the alternative would have been to put it all back on. .

I was doing some cleaning and came across some old WW books recently. . I found one of my weight trackers. . OMG. . When I started early last year I was almost 190 pounds! That means. . I've really lost more like 35 in the past year. . .so I feel a little bit better now and will keep on doing this for . . ME and ME alone!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #1691
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

I admit that when I started stillman again I had planned to only do it for 2 weeks then slowly introduce some carbs, veggies etc into my diet, but I feel great. I have not felt this good in SO long. !
Great Job on the pound. . That's a lot in one day. .really . .it is!

Isn't it hiliarious. . I thought the very same thing. .that I would do this for 2 weeks and then start doing WW again. Look at us crazy people. . .I really did love how I felt in the beginning and loved the "newness" of it.. I'm thinking I'm so used to feeling great that I forgot what it feels like to feel blobby. . .and bloated and . . OMG.. Never. . ever. . do I want to feel like that again. . .

Let's Eat Meat!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:07 AM   #1692
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Sounds like an awesome ride! Just do what I do, punish myself by forcing myself to bike even further I bike along water too and I have noticed that if i head out after 8pm, my face becomes a human windshield for bugs! Considering I don't get home from work until 6:30, I always end up cutting it close. Did you experience that around the lake?
Yep. .I just considered the few that I swallowed extra protein See. . I promised my peeps. . no carbs would pass these lips!!!

I'm thinking that might be my new ritual. . Ride while they eat their snack. .you would think the world is coming to an end if the boys don't get their snack. Unfortunately. .I've created monster boys who want to eat, eat, eat all day long. . .
Old 06-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #1693
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I have seen the UK Office and I am not a fan of either the US or UK version. But Extras is hilarious!! I like the list you wrote and completely agree with you except for the sleep thing, I seem to need more sleep on Stillman's. I love that it's so cheap to eat this way, I've saved tons of money!

You need more sleep, Gwn. .because you are working your hiney off and you don't eat a ton of calories! It makes sense. .
Old 06-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #1694
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Lots of losers on board today! I am at 171, so just a bit over sig but if it takes me 3 more days to get to sig, like it took to get that last pound off then I'm gonna be
!!
I know you already know this, lady. . but you are probably building muscle! You have been super active and with your rate of weight loss. . it probably is time for everything to start toning. .
Old 06-18-2010, 10:14 AM   #1695
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

I don't like so many of my staples on this forum disappearing. I love the newbies, but we need check ins here, peeps!!
I know. I feel so neglected and abandoned! They better not be lurking elsewhere or we shall find them and kick them in the hiney . . just a little tough love there

Last edited by IM2fat; 06-18-2010 at 10:28 AM..
Old 06-18-2010, 11:00 AM   #1696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

food for thought. .

What you eat today affects your weight today and tomorrow. ..
Old 06-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #1697
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
I definitely need a new scale. I was 162 last night before going to bed, then 164 this morning.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #1698
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Preview
Al~! you can't avoid us. .especially when you are so close to maintenance.. now is when you need our support more than ever.. plus we need you. .

OOOoooo Nermo. . I sure hope your computer comes back from the hospital pretty soon.

BBP: I hope you are feeling better to join us again. .

Denise: We shall expect a full report on everything you are doing and eating. .

Yam: I hope you are feeling better. . we miss you. .

Molly: Are you reunion ready?

MIM: Where did you go .

Come on group. .I love it when i can't keep up with ya'all ..
Old 06-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #1699
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
I definitely need a new scale. I was 162 last night before going to bed, then 164 this morning.
me too. . I can't believe I'm being too cheap to bust one out. . .

I guess if I get to the store this weekend. .I'll get me a fancy/dancy one. .

Thanks for the reminder. . JCPenney had a really awesome antique looking one a few years ago. . Twas about $100.00 but If I'm going to continue to keep my scale in the dining room. .it may as well match my table! hehehe I'm gonna go look for it right now. . .Hello Kitty is gonna have to wait. .
Old 06-18-2010, 11:08 AM   #1700
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 06-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #1701
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
Hi Ladies!

Sorry for being MIA! It's the end of the school yr. for my daughter and I'm insane.

Okay, AL as far as the cleanse goes, it's WONDERFUL! and IM, it really isn't like an alaxative at all. Almost the opposite. These herbs actually kill the parasites and yeast that grow and grow for years in our colons and actually mimic CANCERS! Do a Google on yeast and fungus. Candida will inhibit wt. loss as the toxins that are being exceeted are like brewing a beer garden in your gut. Even artificial sweetners and coffee feed these horrible little sickers. They say 1 in 3 people have it and don't even know. If you have hypothyriodism like I do they say you may have Candida.

I know I have it as I took 3 rounds of Antibiotics in one yr. and killed my natural flora.

Those pictures are the sluffing off of the large colon from all the years of mucus the colon collects due to heavy metals, from diet soda, water, coffee and parasites. It's horrible! But, it's our bodies way of protecting itself from all the crud. BUt, this mucus makes it a wonder spa for micro-organisms. Hey, you all are doing the diet already, you might as well do the cleanse along with it. It isn't painful at all. Unless, you have the bloating and crap that I have. Actually, it was horrible the first week as I was detoxing and killing the Candida and had Die Off symptoms. I'll post some articles for you later. I think you'd be amazed at how good you'll feet. I'm now getting my 3 colonics to get er all out. Man, that wasn't a fun time!

OKAY, as far as the lower calories thing. I really believe it stops wt. loss. I lost 15 lbs. in 2 weeks doing all egg whites and Laphing cow cheese, then it all stopped to crashing halt. Then, when I increased my cals to 800-1200 the wt. started coming off again. Really steady.

Watch the artificial sugars and keep it clean. Eat when your hungry and don't sweat the calorie aspect. Our bodies are burning so much in order to convert the protein into glucose for energy (Gluconeogenisis) and this is the advantage to a LC diet.

Gwen, I think you that could be your problem as well. I actually was bouncing around with wt. loss too when I wasn't eating enough. Gain, lose...

Have a great day all! Oh, I'm doing wonderfully. I've lost wt this week and the bloat and swelling are finally going down. I'll weigh in a week or two.

Hugs, and blessings.

B
Old 06-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #1702
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Hi guys! I Tom finally visited and took a whole pound and a half with him! YAY! Sorry I've been MIA. Been low carbing, but not Stillmans right now. Will return to stillmans when tom is gone. I have been SO busy with my wk schedule and I bought another new car! I traded in my kia for a Chevy colbolt. Its a little better on gas and is auto with cruise. Chris hated the kia because it didn't have cruise and was a stick! SO we decided to get something he could enjoy driving too!

Congrats on all the losers! I missed ya guys for the last two days! I will hop back into stillmans by Monday.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:49 PM   #1703
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
Kamills - I agree with the hot Christmas, even though I had hot Christmases growing up I found that Christmas time in Europe was so much more christmassy! Santa would get way too hot in all that fur in summer here! Where in the southern hemisphere did you live? You seem very well travelled! I've had the travel bug for a long time too...
I lived in Chile. In Santiago, the capital. Now I'm in the north of Spain, but moving to Madrid next Saturday. I think this will be where I finally settle for at least a few more years. I'm English, and I think I feel more at home in Europe, but funnily enough feel most like a foreigner in Britain! I'm trying to take advantage of having no children, being young and not being tied down to get all my travelling done!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:57 PM   #1704
Senior LCF Member

[quote=IM2fat;13604759]
Quote:
Morning all!

7. It's so simple - no thinking required about what I'm going to eat.QUOTE]

Even a Caveman can do it!!!
Haha, at least we don't have to hunt our food down, slaughter it, prepare it... No wonder obesity was obsolete! I think having to do that would make me never want to eat again!
Old 06-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #1705
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I have not been hungry at all the last couple of days. I have to literally make myself eat.

I admit that when I started stillman again I had planned to only do it for 2 weeks then slowly introduce some carbs, veggies etc into my diet, but I feel great. I have not felt this good in SO long.

Now hopefully I cant maintain this mood for the long haul. I have a huge chunk of weight to lose and want it off asap!
Don't worry, you'll overtake me soon! It'll all come to a screaming halt next week probably! You're still losing really fast. Congrats!
Old 06-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #1706
Senior LCF Member

Congrats to all the losers! I'm done eating for the day. I was starving when I got home, and was feeling a little light headed at work. I don't this 3 boiled eggs is enough to last until dinner. I'm not doing any exercise (apart from my walk to work), so GWN, that's definietly the reason you are really tired. You eat the same if not less than me and do a tonne of exercise. No wonder you're knackered!!!!

I just ate dinner which was exceptionally disappointing. It was such a faff to prepare. I bought some hake tails, and it had skin and bones, and spent most of the dinner spitting out bones and skin, and it didn't even taste all that great. I much prefer the skinless, boneless fish fillets.... it's so much less hassle. Plus, even though cals were really low, I feel really bloated, so I'm preparing myself for a gain or standstill tomorrow (also far more salt today, I accidently added too much). I'd prefer to mentally prepare myself for a gain and not be derailed by it tomorrow. I need to stay focused on Stillman's girls. I don't think I've ever made it past 10 days, and today I'm on day 7. Having seen such great loss, it's easy to keep going. Just need to power on. I'm going to drink extra water to try and counteract any water retention.

Anyway, here's my menu for today: 3 boiled eggs, 350 gms (I was v. hungry!) hake, chicken broth. 5 cups of fruit tea. Hopefully about 6.5 litres of water.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:15 PM   #1707
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
OK...perhaps I'll give it anouther shot!!
Al, I'm going to bite the bullet and get those running trainers tomorrow (if I can find a reasonably priced pair). Maybe start next week instead!
Old 06-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #1708
Major LCF Poster!

I have been dreading eating chicken lately. So tired of chicken! lol

This time I pre-made my chicken last night, boiled it forever in chicken broth.

Today I just got a few ounces out and cooked it in a small skillet with the teriyaki recipe here on the forum. It was actually pretty yummy. I also got soe curry and other spices to change it around.

Maybe I can stand chicken for a bit longer.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #1709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beth: When you cleanse, do you use the one that you posted links too? Just curious. . there are all kinds at the drugstore . (Acaci berry, Jillian, etc. ). . The ones you posted are quite pricey . . I have a week before my big event. . thinking about it. . 5 pounds would make my skirt fit so much better. .
Old 06-18-2010, 02:31 PM   #1710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
Hi guys! I Tom finally visited and took a whole pound and a half with him! YAY! Sorry I've been MIA. Been low carbing, but not Stillmans right now. Will return to stillmans when tom is gone. I have been SO busy with my wk schedule and I bought another new car! I traded in my kia for a Chevy colbolt. Its a little better on gas and is auto with cruise. Chris hated the kia because it didn't have cruise and was a stick! SO we decided to get something he could enjoy driving too!

Congrats on all the losers! I missed ya guys for the last two days! I will hop back into stillmans by Monday.
Thank you for checking in Lisa. . I always get concerned when I don't hear from you. .plus we need you, too. .

How do you jump between low carbing and Stillmans? I would go crazy insane. . I gotta be pure or I feel like I'm cheating. .
Closed Thread