Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 03:30 PM   #1651
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Webb. .you are on a roll today. thank you for sharing the Hug Video. . I needed something today. My family is extremely crabby. . I think I should go back to work or something. . someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. . Woo. .Wee. .. he just yelled at me for being on-line again before making the kids supper. . Wow. .didn't know I was the only one that could cook. .I guess I have to pick my battles. . I better go cook. .

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2010, 03:30 PM   #1652
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

, Al. . gotta run
Old 06-17-2010, 04:29 PM   #1653
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ludo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
Thanks GT and Bratty!

So, I watched The Biggest Loser yesterday, for the first time. Being English, the whole concept of this show passed me by, but oh my... I'm a little astounded. Those two trainers really are ODIOUS. I will say that it motivated me to keep going on my weight loss and try to incorporate more exercise. But I really don't think that making weight loss about a race and competition is healthy. I'm all for quick weight loss, of course. It's the name of the diet we are doing in here (most of us anyway, and we all have experience with it), but really? The humiliation? The constant pseudo-pyscho-babble BS from personal trainers (what authority do they have anyway to start waxing lyrical about psychological issues of these individuals?). Don't get me wrong, I think I will probably continue to watch it (morbid fascination), but I can't help but think that their approach is really unhealthy, and not to mention misleading for people who want to lose weight and will ultimately be extremely disappointed when they realise that 20 pound weight loss in a week is not usual. I don't think that people should be molly-coddled when they are ruining their health and risking their by being so obese, but I also think that the extremity of the show is exploited to raise ratings and shock factor. It's unrealistic to expect anyone who has a job and family to be able to put in that amount of exercise per day (up to 8 hours!!!!). And wth are they eating??? Seems to me that they keep it calorie based, but they said nuttin' about nutrition... Anyone else got any thoughts? Sorry if you've already had this discussion a gazillion times.

And on another note, Jillian Michaels looks like a man-horse, and the way she croches on the bars of the exercise machines reminds me of Gollum. Great bod though.

BBL. Off to work for now.
I watch it sometimes too kamills, I love seeing these people transform their bodies and I love seeing them compared to their old selves in the final episode but I agree that the show is highly irresponsible and they show unrealistic results and methods. I was so annoyed when I found out that a week was not really a week, more like 2-3. So really no-one, not even a person excersising for 5+ hours a day eating 1200 cals can lose 10lbs a week, but they can in 3 weeks.

The Australian version had a new thing this year, a class for the contestants where they did cooking classes and discussed some methods to keep their weight in check. The concept was good but in the cooking classes they were cooking alternatives to their favourite meals that were nothing like the original. Like fishcakes with a green salad in place of a hamburger, why not have a lean hamburger with no bun or cheese and a salad? I would have liked to have seen more of the psychological side, like how to deal with the urge to emotionally binge eat since once they're out they won't have the trainers riding them 24/7 anymore.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #1654
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
a sheila!!!!!!!!!(or bloke?) Cool. Are you there now?
Haha yes a sheila. Yes I'm here now, it's winter for us so it's freeeezing.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:13 PM   #1655
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
That article was definitely worth the loooong read. Very interesting. Feeling more and more motivated to stick to a low carb woe for the rest of my life. No more white stuff for me.
I know, isn't it amazing? If you all haven't read it please do. True enlightenment!
I can't believe LC isn't more mainstream with press like that, but knowing how big gov works (doesn't) it's all hidden in New Mexico in a hanger with the Ark of the Covenant and other huge secrets in area 51. ET phone home!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2010, 05:27 PM   #1656
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. Whew. they are all fed and happy. now they are asking for ice cream. . give me a break! I think I'll let them and I'll go for a bike ride! I'm eating scrambled eggs. . 3 white plus one whole. . actually tastes pretty good considering I've been eating tuna and chicken. . haven't had scrambled in awhile. .

I really should see a loss in the morn, my menu:

1 Boiled Egg
1 Chix Breast
1 cup Salad with Vinegar Sprinkles
3 whites + 1 egg, scrambled

O. .and oppsey. . I did taste the kids grilled pork cutlets. . had to make sure they were done. . 1/4 bite of crispy edge. .

My water intake was good for today and I plan to down 2 more before bed. I had one iced Tea + 2 coffees . 1 diet (I caved ) ..

so. . Ms. Fairy. you owe me!
Old 06-17-2010, 05:27 PM   #1657
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT. . Cutest ever cupcake!
Old 06-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #1658
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
This time next week I shall be on a flight back home!!!! Actually I'll have just got off!! Can't wait-going home for the weekend!!
Wonderful! How long is your gig in Germany?
Old 06-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #1659
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I really, really miss Nermo

I sure hope no one else leaves us. . come back, Nermo. come back. We need you here. .
Old 06-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #1660
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. .I'm channelling GWN. . Off for my ride. . wish me and my butt luck. its gonna be sore!
Old 06-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #1661
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Webb. .you are on a roll today. thank you for sharing the Hug Video. . I needed something today. My family is extremely crabby. . I think I should go back to work or something. . someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. . Woo. .Wee. .. he just yelled at me for being on-line again before making the kids supper. . Wow. .didn't know I was the only one that could cook. .I guess I have to pick my battles. . I better go cook. .
Yelled at you? It's so nice to be needed.
Now if it were me I would be surrounding his mouth with punches......
Old 06-17-2010, 05:37 PM   #1662
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
Haha yes a sheila. Yes I'm here now, it's winter for us so it's freeeezing.
Cool...one trip to Outback and I speak your lingo!

Define freezing in lovely Australia for us L?

It's almost summer here and this morning it was 42F/6C with 20mph/30kph winds when I went for my morning walk. On the news they said breezy..........
Old 06-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #1663
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I really, really miss Nermo

I sure hope no one else leaves us. . come back, Nermo. come back. We need you here. .
And Yam, and BBP, where art thou?

Last edited by CCGirl; 06-17-2010 at 05:45 PM..
Old 06-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #1664
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Cool...one trip to Outback and I speak your lingo!

Define freezing in lovely Australia for us L?

It's almost summer here and this morning it was 42F/6C with 20mph/30kph winds when I went for my morning walk. On the news they said breezy..........
Haha! You'll be channelling Steve Irwin in no time!

Maybe I shouldn't complain too much...what you described was our coldest day so far this year. It's around 12C (54F) at the moment, that's long boots and winter coat weather for us!
Old 06-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #1665
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:

Btw, thought I'd mention, I've been having 2 sticks of sugar free gum a day since Monday, and it hasn't affected my weight loss.
I usually have 2 sticks of sugar free gum a day too!
Old 06-17-2010, 06:27 PM   #1666
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
Haha! You'll be channelling Steve Irwin in no time!

Maybe I shouldn't complain too much...what you described was our coldest day so far this year. It's around 12C (54F) at the moment, that's long boots and winter coat weather for us!
Wow, I was in sweats and gloves. It was a good incentive to speed up=it warms you. So I guess -30F/-28C is not in the picture. Nice!

I love it when customers call with a 'foreign' accent-the only ones I have trouble nailing are the Kiwis and the South Africans. I usually add to the conversation 'Please tell me I am not shipping this engine/mirror/headlamp to Sydney' or the like. They laugh. I do ship outside the US BTW. Over there they are called 'breakers' not salvage yards.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #1667
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Good Evening everyone!

GT, IM2 - love love love the new avis! So cute! IM2, thanks for posting the Stillman's stuff, good read and great reminder!

Menu today:
B: 1 HB Egg, Coffee
L: 7ozs Grilled Chicken
D: 8ozs Turkey Breast w/ Mustard
S: SF Jello Cup
1 Gallon of H20

Did about 12 miles of biking today. Hope I see a loss on the scale tomorrow!! I am now wondering if the Pinot Grigio is what kicked me out of ketosis!? Wish I had tested on the strips! Grrr.

Watching "The Invention of Lying". Just gotta let it be known, I think Ricky Gervais is absolutely adorable! I love his little fang teeth and his cute little English accent. <3

Have a great night everyone!!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 06-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #1668
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

these just in..........

Texas Firm Recalls Three Varieties of "Spaghettios" With Meatballs That May Be Underprocessed
Thu, 17 Jun 2010 19:46:41 -0500

Campbell Soup Supply Company, LLC, a Paris, Texas, establishment is recalling approximately 15,000,000 pounds of "SpaghettiOs with Meatballs" canned products due to possible under-processing, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.

Bwaaaaaaahaha now everyone knows this crap is poison!

this is hilarious...........

Sumsing Turbo 3000 Cellphone
Old 06-17-2010, 06:47 PM   #1669
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gwn these are so you!

Last edited by CCGirl; 06-17-2010 at 07:00 PM..
Old 06-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #1670
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Just a quicky, I just have been in bed and hour ago. Today was great, I forgot to make me some ready to eat chicken yesterday so I had nothing to eat but a beef hot dog for lunch. For dinner I had one of the tuna packs talked about in heer. Hickory smoked... not bad!

Gwn, hope you see your loss tomorrow. 12 miles is a good ride!

I read that article, very interesting. Definitely opens ones eyes to stuff.

Sorry I can't reply to all, I am soooo tired. I will be back tomorrow, g'night ladies!
Old 06-18-2010, 01:56 AM   #1671
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Morning all!

CC - I love the pink scooter! Hello Kitty is so popular here in Spain... I have to say, I never really understood the whole attraction to the brand, but that is one cool scooter.

Gwn and IM2 - I'm really hoping you both see a loss (well, I hope EVERYONE sees a loss, obviously!!!) as you've both been sooooo dedicated. Gwn, have you seen The Office (the UK version), it's great! As is Extras, Rciky Gervais' other comedy show. I've got some of his podcasts which I keep meaning to listen to. Incidently, when he first became popular back in 2003ish, I HATED him, but now I find him hilarious!

Ludo - I really love all ozzies! They all really know how to have a good time and have a laid back attitude. Having lived in the southern hemisphere for a couple of years, it was really weird with the change of seasons. Hot Christmas is just so wrong! My uncle lives in Australia (have no idea where though as I've never met him...)

I'm down to 209.6 today. Only a pound off my stats (like you guys need reminding, haha! I'm like a stuck record). It means I am 3 pounds into the 10 pound challenge... pretty pathetic really. I was thinking this morning of all the reasons why I should stick to this woe, and thought I'd post them here as a little reminder to all of us.

1. First and most importantly: Incredibly fast weight loss (that's good enough reason in itself)
2. I sleep better, and I sleep less (when I eat carbs, I slip into coma state, and need at least 8 hours, but on Stillman's I wake up naturally after 6.5 hrs)
3. More energy
4. Better bowl health (no bloat, no gas)
5. Despite being low calorie, I don't get as crabby and irritible when the calories consumed are protein (in comparison with low cal diet). Makes it much easier to live with me!
6. No appetite
7. It's so simple - no thinking required about what I'm going to eat.
8. It's cheap
9. It works wonders on my mental state, I feel more positive, motivated and optimistic while on it.
10. And I've found this thread with all you wonderful people to go through it together!

The pros far way out the cons. What are your reasons for sticking at it? Especially you veterans!
Old 06-18-2010, 02:51 AM   #1672
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
I have not had a chance to catch up with yesterdays posts. 3lb up today! I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why/how...I am not feeling well...I could not get off the toilet yesterday (soz for TMI) and today my throats is sore and I am bunged up but I expected to be down today, especially after the bathroom issues...I did eat a lot of prawns yesterday, which I curried and I drank more diet lemonade than usual but sugar free drinks have never been a problem before...please tell me this is just water guys. It' is nearly the end of TOM but I don't think that is the reason.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:03 AM   #1673
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I have not had a chance to catch up with yesterdays posts. 3lb up today! I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why/how...I am not feeling well...I could not get off the toilet yesterday (soz for TMI) and today my throats is sore and I am bunged up but I expected to be down today, especially after the bathroom issues...I did eat a lot of prawns yesterday, which I curried and I drank more diet lemonade than usual but sugar free drinks have never been a problem before...please tell me this is just water guys. It' is nearly the end of TOM but I don't think that is the reason.
I just looked at the curry powder I used yesterday and low and behold it lists starch as an ingredient...I can not believe I missed this. That has to be it...right guys?. Please don't tell me I have to give up my diet pop.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:15 AM   #1674
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Quote:
I just looked at the curry powder I used yesterday and low and behold it lists starch as an ingredient...I can not believe I missed this. That has to be it...right guys?. Please don't tell me I have to give up my diet pop.
Makeme, there's absolutely no way that the gain is fat. In one day it is impossible to gain 3lbs of fat. Remember that to gain/lose a pound, it is 3500 calories. It's just water. Read the article I posted yesterday on water retention, it helps to know. When I went off plan for a week, I saw a 10 lb gain on the scales, and I know that not all of that was fat gain. Lo and behold, I've lost nearly 9 lbs in a week since I've been back on plan, which I am also aware is not just fat! I don't think you need to give up your diet pop. How much plain water did you drink yesterday? Also when you have diarreah, the intestines produce a huge amount of liquid to flush out whatever they seem to want to get rid of, which could account for the gain. So even if you spent all night pooing your heart out, there could still be a fair amount of liquid in your intestines. Don't fret!!!! I would give the cumin a miss though. Plus, you're probably coming down with something, so it's even more likely you're retaining water. Keep chugging the water today, and take extra vitamins today. Often when I feel a scratchy throat which is threatening to get worse, if I take an extra vit C, it nips it in the bud before escalating into something worse.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:24 AM   #1675
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow, I was in sweats and gloves. It was a good incentive to speed up=it warms you. So I guess -30F/-28C is not in the picture. Nice!

I love it when customers call with a 'foreign' accent-the only ones I have trouble nailing are the Kiwis and the South Africans. I usually add to the conversation 'Please tell me I am not shipping this engine/mirror/headlamp to Sydney' or the like. They laugh. I do ship outside the US BTW. Over there they are called 'breakers' not salvage yards.
Good on you for being able to tell the difference! Not many people can tell the difference between kiwis and aussies!

I haven't experienced temperatures that low - I think my blood would freeze! I was in Russia in winter and it was -20C, but I only experienced it briefly running from the car into the hotel!
Old 06-18-2010, 04:31 AM   #1676
Junior LCF Member

Kamills - I agree with the hot Christmas, even though I had hot Christmases growing up I found that Christmas time in Europe was so much more christmassy! Santa would get way too hot in all that fur in summer here! Where in the southern hemisphere did you live? You seem very well travelled! I've had the travel bug for a long time too...
Old 06-18-2010, 04:36 AM   #1677
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Makeme, there's absolutely no way that the gain is fat. In one day it is impossible to gain 3lbs of fat. Remember that to gain/lose a pound, it is 3500 calories. It's just water. Read the article I posted yesterday on water retention, it helps to know. When I went off plan for a week, I saw a 10 lb gain on the scales, and I know that not all of that was fat gain. Lo and behold, I've lost nearly 9 lbs in a week since I've been back on plan, which I am also aware is not just fat! I don't think you need to give up your diet pop. How much plain water did you drink yesterday? Also when you have diarreah, the intestines produce a huge amount of liquid to flush out whatever they seem to want to get rid of, which could account for the gain. So even if you spent all night pooing your heart out, there could still be a fair amount of liquid in your intestines. Don't fret!!!! I would give the cumin a miss though. Plus, you're probably coming down with something, so it's even more likely you're retaining water. Keep chugging the water today, and take extra vitamins today. Often when I feel a scratchy throat which is threatening to get worse, if I take an extra vit C, it nips it in the bud before escalating into something worse.
Thanks for the reply Kamills...It makes sense so hopefully it will come off as quickly as it came on. I probably did not drink enough water yesterday...about six glasses and it was sparkling...is sparkling ok? Thinking about it, what with all the pop and fizzy water maybe I'm just full of air, lol. I did not know about the liquid in the intestines thing so thanks for that. I have not yet read all of yesterdays posts. My internet connection is really poor today, it keep cutting off. Well done, 9lbs is great.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:51 AM   #1678
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
It's just water for sure! You would have had to eaten 10,000+ excess calories to gain. I can go up that much after having a glass or two of wine the night before or not enough water.

Even if your curry contained starch it would only be a little bit and you'll flush it out with a nice big dose of water. Don't get discouraged, I know how hard it is to see a gain but you're doing great! No-one can gain fat on prawns and diet lemonade.

Now I just need to remember to practice what I preach next time I see a gain!
Old 06-18-2010, 05:15 AM   #1679
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
And Yam, and BBP, where art thou?
Me, too. . .
Old 06-18-2010, 05:18 AM   #1680
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!