Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #1531
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi Im2!!
GT. . we are "getting there" aren't we? Slow but sure. . sure but slow. . Which is worse?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2010, 11:08 AM   #1532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
Ok gals, I'm really hungry today for some odd reason. I was down another pound this morning. So I'm currently 212. Just lower than my starting weight in June. 3.4 lbs shy of my stats weight. At least I'm losing a steady pound per day. I just hope I can keep this rate up until the end of June. Now I really must head to work, but I'm taking my laptop in with me, so will check in soon.
Eat, Eat , Eat. . That's the beauty. .you can! Just make sure it has 4 legs and/or a tail before you do .
Old 06-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #1533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I second that!!!
Yepperss!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:12 AM   #1534
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
What worries me is that collegues will want to go out for lunch in a "get to know you" thing, but I guess I can always take food along and say I'm scrimping on money (the training is unpaid afterall, and I'm sure they'll understand that I can't afford to eat out at restaurants all the time). I also hate being on a diet in public, if you know what I mean... I hate being watched and criticised about the way I eat and I get a bit paranoid, so I don't want to seem really anal or obsessive or dieting during this period as I really want this job to go well.
OK Kam. I totally understand what you are saying, but I can't agree with it anymore. When I was heavier, I was worried about what people would think but I didnt let it stop me and I lost all the weight. Little by little, as the weight came off, I could care less and less!! Now Im proud of it and I dare anyone to do better that gives me a tough time. You are always going to run into people that will protest your diet, but if its working for you and you are feeling better about yourself then keep it up! You wouldnt judge any one of them so try not to set yourself up like its going to be a negative experience. You have got to put you first. your feelings and your health are the only things that matter.

Stick with us. Stick with meat and the rest will follow.. and if it helps, leave an apple on your desk that you are just to full to eat.. I want to see you succeed and I believe you will!!! So get skinny and all these fears and paranoias will be history!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:13 AM   #1535
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Yes we do! But Ive never seen pink - cool!
I'll have to get two to haul my fam around. . but sounds worth it. .
Old 06-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #1536
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
:blush: :blush: I was wondering the same thing myself. .. . I just wonder if its the "cleansing" stuff bulking up. . You know how fiber expands and pushes stuff out. . Somehow. . I can't quite imagine all that stuff being there and no doc every telling you. . You must do a cleanse?
that makes sense!!!!!! Beth, what do you think about all this? I never knew anyone that tried it!!!

on the other hand..the docs want us to be sick so they can treat us....so they dont tell us we're wriddled with wiggle worms.... oh my...are they alive when they come out....
Old 06-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #1537
Blabbermouth!!!

Im going to see Walking with the Dinosaurs tonight!!!! My kids (and me) are sooooo excited!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #1538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OK Kam.
Stick with us. Stick with meat and the rest will follow.. and if it helps, leave an apple on your desk that you are just to full to eat.. I want to see you succeed and I believe you will!!! So get skinny and all these fears and paranoias will be history!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!
Amen, Al/Kam. . . It is wonderful and so empowering to make it through events like that. . I always feel so good when I get home and when I wake up in the morning. . I know I did something for MYSELF for a change. . Who really cares what the "fatties" think. . I laugh now when I see people over doing it on the carbs. . OOooo. .they will be suffering more than I will

I pretty much laugh it off when people give me any grief about my choices. . Number one. .It is my life, my body and I control what I put into it. . I control how I feel and I know what works. . . I feel better, I look better and I know I will keep improving. . .

I was also thinking of something this morning as I drove to work. . .It is sooooo nice and sooooo refreshing to actually have choices when I get dressed in the morning. . I can choose to put on a fat outfit or a tight outfit and I don't have to wear stretch everything!! I can choose bright colors, shorter sleeves and shorter skirts. . I can go barefoot, wear heels or put on my extra slimming spandex! It really is my choice and I know most of my things look so much better!!! Even if I never lose another pound (which is soooo not gonna happen). . . I can at least dress for success! .. Woot Woot
Old 06-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #1539
Blabbermouth!!!

and im gonna wear ma new wig! yup I am! just cant decide to go with the brown bob or the platinum edge...
Old 06-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #1540
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Kam-2 weeks training- go for egg, turkey, chicken salad with parsley(color) and use FF mayo or greek yogurt, just a tad to make it look like 'salad' style. People won't be so astonished if you make things look more normal (high carb/high fat). Is the move permanent? Lived there before? Why more difficult? Is there a moratorium on meat there?sorry for all the ??s

Bratty-Wonder if the family would mind if I put the air on like 40F degrees. LMAO

MMS-the Low Carb Megastore-? DO tell us about this!

GT-enjoy those veggies! Oatmeal.........YUM!

GWN-you'll be back to sig tomorrow, no doubt! Don't work too hard LOL!

ok gotta go make moolah TTYL
Hi ther CC. It's an online low carb food shop. Here is the link.Atkins Product, bar | Low Carb Megastore, Carbohydrate Diet, shopping, chocolate, diet, food
Old 06-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #1541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Drive by post: But. . who has tried the Flavored tuna (besides you Lisa. . thank you for the pointer). . OMG.. I just tried the Hickory Flavored . . the first bite was kinda/sorta weird just because it was a new experience. . but I am now a fan!!! I am soo glad I tried it even tho the price terrified me. . .but when I put everything into perspective. . $2.00 for a meal isn't bad. . I'll just have to hide it from the boys. . .I also bought the Tomato/Pesto which I may try for supper. . .. Now, I'm afraid it will make me not want to eat the 52 cans of regular tuna I have in my pantry. . .Hubby thinks I'm a hoarder. . but when I got 3 cans for .07. . .why wouldn't I go back? I will eat them. .rest assured!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #1542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
and im gonna wear ma new wig! yup I am! just cant decide to go with the brown bob or the platinum edge...
You do it girl. . Wear em both. .
Old 06-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #1543
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi ther CC. It's an online low carb food shop. Here is the link.Atkins Product, bar | Low Carb Megastore, Carbohydrate Diet, shopping, chocolate, diet, food
Not sure why the Akins bar got in the title...ah well still works.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:27 AM   #1544
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I was also thinking of something this morning as I drove to work. . .It is sooooo nice and sooooo refreshing to actually have choices when I get dressed in the morning. . I can choose to put on a fat outfit or a tight outfit and I don't have to wear stretch everything!! I can choose bright colors, shorter sleeves and shorter skirts. . I can go barefoot, wear heels or put on my extra slimming spandex! It really is my choice and I know most of my things look so much better!!! Even if I never lose another pound (which is soooo not gonna happen). . . I can at least dress for success! .. Woot Woot
We have really come a long way! Life is good!!! Although....I am still a little annoyed that I cheated and I dont have the choice to wear my skinny jeans. Oh well... I am choosing to fit in them again someday!!

can I high five myself....
Old 06-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #1545
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You do it girl. . Wear em both. .

wouldnt that shock the fam if I ran to the ladies room and switched em!! hubby would really think I was nuts...

my daughter picked one up off the bed and asked if I was gonna wear my new hair...

think about this...I got 2 cuts, 2 colors, and 2 sets of highlights for $64, and the roots will never grow out!!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #1546
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Quote:
has anyone ever tried putting crystal light in thier cottage cheese? I would if I ate cottage cheese... would definitely try it in yogurt!!! actually, I would try it in eggs too!! somebody go for it! Or is that too gross..
Old 06-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #1547
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Eat, Eat , Eat. . That's the beauty. .you can! Just make sure it has 4 legs and/or a tail before you do .
If my cats could read that they would run away...
Old 06-16-2010, 11:43 AM   #1548
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I got 2 cuts, 2 colors, and 2 sets of highlights for $64, and the roots will never grow out!!!!
I have been threatening my husband for years that I am going to buzz my head and get wigs.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #1549
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Drive by post: But. . who has tried the Flavored tuna (besides you Lisa. . thank you for the pointer). . OMG.. I just tried the Hickory Flavored . . the first bite was kinda/sorta weird just because it was a new experience. . but I am now a fan!!! I am soo glad I tried it even tho the price terrified me. . .but when I put everything into perspective. . $2.00 for a meal isn't bad. . I'll just have to hide it from the boys. . .I also bought the Tomato/Pesto which I may try for supper. . .. Now, I'm afraid it will make me not want to eat the 52 cans of regular tuna I have in my pantry. . .Hubby thinks I'm a hoarder. . but when I got 3 cans for .07. . .why wouldn't I go back? I will eat them. .rest assured!
Hi IM - I have tried all the flavored tuna pouches. Loved the Hickory, lemon pepper, garlic herb but HATED the tomato pesto!

I also tried the salmon in a pouch - Mango Chipolte. That one was pretty good as well.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #1550
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Hi IM - I have tried all the flavored tuna pouches. Loved the Hickory, lemon pepper, garlic herb but HATED the tomato pesto!

I also tried the salmon in a pouch - Mango Chipolte. That one was pretty good as well.
How many carbs do the pouches have? Wonder if I can get them here in the UK. I remember seeing Tuna pouches in the supermarket a while back but I am sure they were plain...I'll have to look again.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #1551
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
Start Date: May 18th 2010
IM2 and Al, you are both right. That's just what I needed to hear. Screw them all, I'm doing it my way. For me. So that in a few weeks time I can start writing posts about being able to have choices of what to wear and feel comfortable. The good thing is, it's in a few weeks when I should have lost more weight and will be feeling more confident and comfortable in my own skin, and therefore be more motivated to stick to stillman's. If the pressure is on at any point, I'll just go atkins induction to show that I actually eat veggies and fat occasionally.

I just ate some chicken, so feeling much better. Think I'm done eating for the day for now. Ate 3 boiled eggs, pollock, chicken broth, chicken breast, lots of water, 3 cups of tea, and can of diet coke. May have some more tea later though. Can't be bothered to add up calories and carbs, but it'll be pretty much identical to the last few days.

Ahhh, I love this thread
Old 06-16-2010, 01:13 PM   #1552
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
Start Date: May 18th 2010
I found tuna in a pouch with different flavours, but they all have about 5-10 carbs per pouch (or maybe it was per 100 gms) so I put them down and moved on... I'm curious about these pouches though. So I'm repeating makeme's question, how many carbs do they have?
Old 06-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #1553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
OK Kam. I totally understand what you are saying, but I can't agree with it anymore. When I was heavier, I was worried about what people would think but I didnt let it stop me and I lost all the weight. Little by little, as the weight came off, I could care less and less!! Now Im proud of it and I dare anyone to do better that gives me a tough time. You are always going to run into people that will protest your diet, but if its working for you and you are feeling better about yourself then keep it up! You wouldnt judge any one of them so try not to set yourself up like its going to be a negative experience. You have got to put you first. your feelings and your health are the only things that matter.

I second this! I also feel what you're saying Kamills, but I'd rather people look at me funny because of what I'm eating, rather than because I'm fat. Besides, they'll get used to it. I bring hard boiled eggs, tuna packets and SF Jello to work. The cook makes me a chicken breast w/ a side of hot sauce. At first, all my coworkers thought I was nuts, some even said, you'll never lose weight eating that way (when I was on atkins and having wings and bunless burgers mostly) but now that they all see my progress, they're all jumping on the bandwagon!! Well, 2 out of 4 have.... Don't worry about what other people think so much, they're going to have an opinion NO MATTER WHAT. As for eating out, I know what you mean, which is why I avoid it as much as I'm able to, which has been pretty easy though I do miss the socialization of it. There will be plenty of time for going out to eat, when I'm skinny. Just tell yourself that... get the weight off quick then move on with your life
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 06-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #1554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

That is definitely something to think about! You're so right, IM2... hadn't thought of it that way before... but losing weight has opened up an entire closet full of possibilities for me now! No more layering to keep the fat layers at bay, no more long sleeves to hide the fat, no more baggy tops to hide the muffin top... It really is motivation to keep on going... And listening to the skinny minnies here (GT and Al) talking about their size 2 or size 4s make me want to be even stricter, knowing it IS possible!
Old 06-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #1555
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
If my cats could read that they would run away...
Right!
Old 06-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #1556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post

O. . .Tomato Pesto is what I have left. . perhaps I'll pawn it off on hubby and I'll eat his steak! I am not so sure he'll go for it. . .and if he does. that means he wants something. . Guess I'll have to eat it. . But then again. I need some more exercise, too!

Last edited by IM2fat; 06-16-2010 at 02:25 PM..
Old 06-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #1557
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
How many carbs do the pouches have? Wonder if I can get them here in the UK. I remember seeing Tuna pouches in the supermarket a while back but I am sure they were plain...I'll have to look again.
The package says < 1 Carb . . on the two I have. .

70 Calories. . .
Old 06-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #1558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
IM2 and Al, you are both right. That's just what I needed to hear. Screw them all, I'm doing it my way. For me.
Ahhh, I love this thread
That's what I like to hear. . . Heck. .ya. . . We are the Queens!
Old 06-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #1559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I found tuna in a pouch with different flavours, but they all have about 5-10 carbs per pouch (or maybe it was per 100 gms) so I put them down and moved on... I'm curious about these pouches though. So I'm repeating makeme's question, how many carbs do they have?
Starkist Tuna Creations . . 4.5 Oz Package ..listed as less than 1 gram

You may be looking at ones in oil . or with mayo. . avoid those. . this is plain old tuna with flavoring. .
Old 06-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #1560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Why did I only drink 3 waters so far today? That's crazy. . now I'll have to amp it up and chug a lug on the way home. . That means I have 5 more bottles before bed! Uggg. . looks like I will be up all night, too! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee
Closed Thread