Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 07:07 AM   #1501
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Congrats on the loss! You are the same weight as me today. I know how it feels losing weight to get back where you were.

I have 5 pounds to lose to get where I was a couple of months ago.
So you're losing at the same rate as me! Let's see how long we can keep it up.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2010, 07:08 AM   #1502
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
It was 20grms of oatmeal and later a handful of berries. And now (it's 4oclock) I'm eating peppers, cuke, and tomatoes mixed in a bowl!!
I'm hungry with this inch loss!! Tho the hunger busting effects of QWL had really worn off for me too
I read that was a sign of a raised metabolism--love googling when I'm supposed to be teaching! Ha! but it also said that being hot and not feeling the cold is also a sign....and I am always cold---so dunno!!!
The oatmeal is the best part--a girl could get addicted!! I(t's just so warm and comforting!!
I was reading about low GI--cos that's what I'm gonna do for maintenance (if I ever ever get there!!....but it is just so confusing!!!
Some fruits have more carbs, but then a less effect on your blood sugar..aaagh---it's overloading my blonde braincell!!
Being cold burns more calories though
Old 06-16-2010, 07:13 AM   #1503
Senior LCF Member

My kids have exams this afternoon. Love it when I can do F-all and get paid for it. I was thinking on my way to work, that when I move to Madrid, sticking to QWL is going to be decidedly more difficult. I have two weeks of training for my new job in July, and I'm not sure I want to whip out a boiled egg in our breaks and ostracise my new collegues with my eggy breath. I know I will find a way round it, but I really should have a plan of action to avoid any gain and keep losing, even if it is minimal loss. Any tips on how to tackle such a big change in ones life and using it in a positive way?
Old 06-16-2010, 07:15 AM   #1504
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
My kids have exams this afternoon. Love it when I can do F-all and get paid for it. I was thinking on my way to work, that when I move to Madrid, sticking to QWL is going to be decidedly more difficult. I have two weeks of training for my new job in July, and I'm not sure I want to whip out a boiled egg in our breaks and ostracise my new collegues with my eggy breath. I know I will find a way round it, but I really should have a plan of action to avoid any gain and keep losing, even if it is minimal loss. Any tips on how to tackle such a big change in ones life and using it in a positive way?
Sorry to quote myself, but I just realised that I sound like such a pompous git using "ones". Please excuse me. :blush:
Old 06-16-2010, 08:21 AM   #1505
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Being cold burns more calories though
Hmm Wonder if the family would mind if I put the air on like 40F degrees.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:35 AM   #1506
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post

I did take my vitamins yesterday! thanks! and will do the same at lunch today!! I swear they still make me sick with food. they give me those nasty burps after and make my pee glow in the dark!! that part is kinds cool... and then, i think they make me more hungry and make me crave more bad things.. I think they are evil, actually... Im gonna give it a fair shot and if I dont see any results in a month, Im not gonna bother with em..
Makes my pee glow in the dark too!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:41 AM   #1507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Today marks one week done and I have lost a total of 10 pounds. I know that a few of those are water but I love that number.

I hope the rest of you are doing great also. I know how good it feels to make it a day being good and seeing the results on the scale.

Today is another eggs for breakfast and chicken breast day.

I've noticed I am never hungry anymore. I eat because I don't want to starve.
My calories have dropped from the 500s to about 350 because I cant force myself to eat every 3 hours. Hopefully this isn't too extreme.
I figure people go on 30 day water fasts, at least I am getting some fat and protein.

And as great as never being hungry sounds. I still want to munch at night!

Going to the bus stop this morning one of the kids had a huge cinnamon roll...I really wanted to snatch it from him. hehehe
Congrats on the loss, that's awesome progress!! My calories are almost never above 700 and usually hover closer to 600. I've had a few days where they were much lower but your body will adjust and you'll eat when you're hungry.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:41 AM   #1508
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
YUM please share the how to on this!!!!!!!
Oh no great recipe:blush:...I just use curry powder mixes to season and add a bit of onion powder. I dice the chicken small and then dry fry or if I am feeling especially naughty I add a few sprays of low calorie spray oil. Sometimes I have it cold from the fridge and it tastes like those little chicken bite things you can buy. The last mix I used was a Beef Madras I bought from the Low Carb Megastore...it worked well with chicken but I normally just pick it up at the supermarket...have to be careful though as lots have added sugar.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:42 AM   #1509
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
It was 20grms of oatmeal and later a handful of berries. And now (it's 4oclock) I'm eating peppers, cuke, and tomatoes mixed in a bowl!!
I'm hungry with this inch loss!! Tho the hunger busting effects of QWL had really worn off for me too
I read that was a sign of a raised metabolism--love googling when I'm supposed to be teaching! Ha! but it also said that being hot and not feeling the cold is also a sign....and I am always cold---so dunno!!!
The oatmeal is the best part--a girl could get addicted!! I(t's just so warm and comforting!!
I was reading about low GI--cos that's what I'm gonna do for maintenance (if I ever ever get there!!....but it is just so confusing!!!
Some fruits have more carbs, but then a less effect on your blood sugar..aaagh---it's overloading my blonde braincell!!
I miss oatmeal! Love that stuff!!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:45 AM   #1510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight was just down a bit so still slightly above sig. I felt so bloated this morning! My menu yesterday was perfect... I think it's leftover bloat from those salads I ate so hoping to get back to sig tomorrow!

At work now so can't write much... Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:47 AM   #1511
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrinalo View Post
I got at a Chinese Market.The name is '3 Ballerina Tea Dieters', mine is Extra strength and orange flavor.It says on the box: " ... all natural tea, soothing and relaxing especially delightful for those desiring to adjust weight".
Well, it makes you go to the bathroom.... so it is not soothing or relaxing lol the first day I drink a cup before bed and could not leave the house until 12pm.
The cramps are kind bad.
It is good for a clean up, also I got the extra strength, next time I will try the one less powerful.
Oh...I think I'll give those a miss then. Is the orange in it ok? I ask because I have some Twinings Green Tea here wth Pineapple and grapefruit and I was wondering if they are ok. A100 ml serving is 0.2 carbs...so I am guessing no.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #1512
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Oh...I think I'll give those a miss then. Is the orange in it ok? I ask because I have some Twinings Green Tea here wth Pineapple and grapefruit and I was wondering if they are ok. A100 ml serving is 0.2 carbs...so I am guessing no.
Makeme, I have about 3 cups of summer fruits lipton infusion "tea" (no caffeine or black tea) a day. 4 cals per cup, less than 0.5 carbs a cup and I have no problem losing when I drink it. It's my sweet fix, and it's kist like having a piece of fruit. Would be great chilled as a fake squash too.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:57 AM   #1513
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
ooooo then I may have to try it!!! saw it at the salon yesterday, all chilled and looking good in the fridge..
Well the AD claims that Red Bull gives you wings (no, not the bat type). I certainly fly after a can.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:03 AM   #1514
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Today marks one week done and I have lost a total of 10 pounds. I know that a few of those are water but I love that number.

I hope the rest of you are doing great also. I know how good it feels to make it a day being good and seeing the results on the scale.

Today is another eggs for breakfast and chicken breast day.

I've noticed I am never hungry anymore. I eat because I don't want to starve.
My calories have dropped from the 500s to about 350 because I cant force myself to eat every 3 hours. Hopefully this isn't too extreme.
I figure people go on 30 day water fasts, at least I am getting some fat and protein.

And as great as never being hungry sounds. I still want to munch at night!

Going to the bus stop this morning one of the kids had a huge cinnamon roll...I really wanted to snatch it from him. hehehe
Way to go! Great numbers...keep up the good work!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #1515
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ok gals, I'm really hungry today for some odd reason. I was down another pound this morning. So I'm currently 212. Just lower than my starting weight in June. 3.4 lbs shy of my stats weight. At least I'm losing a steady pound per day. I just hope I can keep this rate up until the end of June. Now I really must head to work, but I'm taking my laptop in with me, so will check in soon.
Don't give in Kamills. You are doing great. You can and will do this!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:11 AM   #1516
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
What about quiche cups? I don't think they are as smelly as boiled eggs. Nice with ham.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:15 AM   #1517
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Makeme, I have about 3 cups of summer fruits lipton infusion "tea" (no caffeine or black tea) a day. 4 cals per cup, less than 0.5 carbs a cup and I have no problem losing when I drink it. It's my sweet fix, and it's kist like having a piece of fruit. Would be great chilled as a fake squash too.
Thanks, this is good to know. I need all the variety I can get.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:22 AM   #1518
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What about quiche cups? I don't think they are as smelly as boiled eggs. Nice with ham.
Sounds good, but how do you make them? With any cheese? In paper cups which you'd use to for muffins?
Old 06-16-2010, 09:28 AM   #1519
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sounds good, but how do you make them? With any cheese? In paper cups which you'd use to for muffins?
Beat eggs in a cup with added ingredients and microwave. Apparrently they are good to freeze too.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:31 AM   #1520
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Beat eggs in a cup with added ingredients and microwave. Apparrently they are good to freeze too.
If you allow yourself cheese you could add some. They are great with veg too but that's not Stillman's I know.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:37 AM   #1521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Kam-2 weeks training- go for egg, turkey, chicken salad with parsley(color) and use FF mayo or greek yogurt, just a tad to make it look like 'salad' style. People won't be so astonished if you make things look more normal (high carb/high fat). Is the move permanent? Lived there before? Why more difficult? Is there a moratorium on meat there?sorry for all the ??s

Bratty-Wonder if the family would mind if I put the air on like 40F degrees. LMAO

MMS-the Low Carb Megastore-? DO tell us about this!

GT-enjoy those veggies! Oatmeal.........YUM!

GWN-you'll be back to sig tomorrow, no doubt! Don't work too hard LOL!

ok gotta go make moolah TTYL

Last edited by CCGirl; 06-16-2010 at 09:39 AM..
Old 06-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #1522
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
No More Meat! (Joke)

No More Meat!
The teacher in our Bible class asked a woman to read from the Book of Numbers about the Israelites wandering in the desert. "The Lord heard you when you wailed, 'If only we had meat to eat!' " she began. "Now the Lord will give you meat. You will not eat it for just one day, or two days, or five, or ten or twenty days, but for a month -- until you loathe it." When the woman finished, she paused, looked up and said, "Hey, isn't that the Atkins diet?" (David Martino)

Scale is still the same today so I need to laugh - Water, turkey, water, tuna, water, water, water.......somebody better be building an ARK around here 'cause it's going to FLOOD with all this water!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:25 AM   #1523
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 233/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: May 1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
No More Meat!
The teacher in our Bible class asked a woman to read from the Book of Numbers about the Israelites wandering in the desert. "The Lord heard you when you wailed, 'If only we had meat to eat!' " she began. "Now the Lord will give you meat. You will not eat it for just one day, or two days, or five, or ten or twenty days, but for a month -- until you loathe it." When the woman finished, she paused, looked up and said, "Hey, isn't that the Atkins diet?" (David Martino)

Scale is still the same today so I need to laugh - Water, turkey, water, tuna, water, water, water.......somebody better be building an ARK around here 'cause it's going to FLOOD with all this water!!!
Thanks for the laugh!

Hope your scale gets to moving soon. I hate when that happens.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:36 AM   #1524
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Kam-2 weeks training- go for egg, turkey, chicken salad with parsley(color) and use FF mayo or greek yogurt, just a tad to make it look like 'salad' style. People won't be so astonished if you make things look more normal (high carb/high fat). Is the move permanent? Lived there before? Why more difficult? Is there a moratorium on meat there?sorry for all the ??s
Haha, no no, the more questions the better! I need to plan and think it over to be prepared. Yes, the move is permanent, I haven't lived there before. It'll be difficult for several reasons. I'll be living with my boyfriend again, who eats a lot of carbs and wants to gain weight. He also doesnt think I need to lose any more weight which can be a little demotivating at times, and I find it harder to stay on plan when with him. We have lived together before (for a couple of years) and I gained a lot during that period of time (not becasue of living together, more because of emotional issues related to my family and job at the time). I always find changes of routine really hard and my diet always takes a knocking in some way. The training will be long days, but I like your "salad" ideas. What worries me is that collegues will want to go out for lunch in a "get to know you" thing, but I guess I can always take food along and say I'm scrimping on money (the training is unpaid afterall, and I'm sure they'll understand that I can't afford to eat out at restaurants all the time). I also hate being on a diet in public, if you know what I mean... I hate being watched and criticised about the way I eat and I get a bit paranoid, so I don't want to seem really anal or obsessive or dieting during this period as I really want this job to go well. I think I'll have to play the training by ear, and make wise choices if I ever eat out, and take lunch along with me at all other times (I'll have to be armed with lots of recipes which look normal for the untrained eyes, so any more suggestions are welcome!!!!), and as for the move/routine change/living circumstances/boyfriend combo, I really will have to be extremely disciplined. I at least have a week or so to settle before the training, which is when I want to start the couch to 5k programme, and I want to use the move to incorporate HEALTHY changes to my life rather than seeing it as a potential disaster zone. The heat in Madrid will work to my advantage though, as I always want to eat less in the heat. Wow, sorry, this has turned into an essay. Sorry to page hog and tell my life story!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #1525
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Do ye have Smarts---they're tiny cars with only 2 seats!!! They're like doll cars---I want one!!!!!!
Yes we do! But Ive never seen pink - cool!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #1526
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I have to admit...oatmeal, to me, is nasty without maple and brown sugar!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #1527
Blabbermouth!!!

has anyone ever tried putting crystal light in thier cottage cheese? I would if I ate cottage cheese... would definitely try it in yogurt!!! actually, I would try it in eggs too!! somebody go for it! Or is that too gross..
Old 06-16-2010, 10:58 AM   #1528
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
What do you use for your chicken broth?
I buy it.....
Old 06-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #1529
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
No More Meat!

No! its Stillmans!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:04 AM   #1530
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:

I will consider the cleanse once someone else does it and posts pics of their own wiggle worms.. after all, we'll probably drop a few pounds!

thinking more about it..I have never had a colonoscopy so Ive never been flushed out. How is this different? Why dont the worms show up then? Or does no one ever talk about it because its gross or could be embarrassing.. Also, I dont know if I could fish around the toilet to find them? Do they float? Im sorry for all the questions but this is really amazing if its real.
:blush: :blush: I was wondering the same thing myself. .. . I just wonder if its the "cleansing" stuff bulking up. . You know how fiber expands and pushes stuff out. . Somehow. . I can't quite imagine all that stuff being there and no doc every telling you. . You must do a cleanse? I'd try it just to lose the quick weight. but it is kinda scary. . I checked a few products online. . (Like Jillian Michaels makes a cleanse. . Acaci Berry is supposed to do it too. .. .). to me, they kinda sound like laxatives in a way. . and, I have to tell you. . I've taken too many laxatives before and thought I was gonna die! It was the absolute worst thing ever. . I actually thought I was gonna pass out. . (My friend said the same thing about her Diverticulitous. . OMG) I never want to experience that again. Cold sweats. . ugg . .
Closed Thread