Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi there. People have noticed yes...my face is less puffy and my tummy is no longer bloated. I have also noticed my trousers are definitely looser...not loose but looser.
That's wonderful that your loss is noticeable. I have lost 22 lbs and NO ONE has noticed or said anything to me. Makes me wonder if maybe my scales and clothes are lying to me. I'm trying to be patient, because I know the last 10 lbs were put on quickly at the end of last year, maybe it's not noticeable that they are gone. I can't wait til it becomes visible to my friends. That's what I get for letting myself become a blob.

How many pounds did it take the rest of you to get noticed? I remember on Atkins it was about 15 or 20. It was a coworker I didn't even know very well.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Suri! 3 lbs gone forever already! WOOHOO!!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #123
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scootergal
Stats: 167/157/135
Start Date: May 23, 2010
Suri: Yeah um, I am thinking that cheesecake should be allowed under Stillmans. that way, I can go to the Cheesecake Factory and have their low carb cheesecake.

I mean, come on people, its CHEESE LOL.

Okay, the wistful rationalization has passed.

Hope everybody is going strong today!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #124
Junior LCF Member

Oh and my BF will be home later after a long business trip, so I will let you all know what he says. Being a typical man, I am bracing for him telling me I look the same, LOL.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
Hi GWN, sounds like you had a lovely decadent time at the shore. Lucky you!

Lisa, don't worry about the doughnuts. You'll lose that weight in no time. Do you lose better when only sticking to tuna? Or do you just do it for its easiness?

Makeme, I'm seriously envious of your metabolism. I gain if I even look at non-Stillman's food. You'll have to post a pic when you get your hair done! Did your friend notice any weight change?

GT, 1950s was much better. Waisted things, curvy women, and red lipstick to make your teeth look whiter!

Everyone else, glad to see some new "faces" in here. I know we'll all have a really successful month. I can feel it in my bones, even if those are buried really really deep under a load of fat.

Diet wise I'm doing great. I got the IUD / coil (not sure what you call it where!) put in this morning, and I feel horrible. I nearly vomited. Last time they put it in, I actually did vomit, so at least that's an improvement. Going to be taking lots of pain killers today. Do they have carbs?

you can see how the hair is separating. It's a bit of a scary pic...looks like a bad wig! looks better in the flesh honest. Think I'm going to chop off the wispy ends. Plus check out the static.

Last edited by makemeslim; 06-02-2010 at 11:32 AM..
Old 06-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #126
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Im2-all Kitty needs is a knife in one hand and a fork in the other-she looks as to she's banging her fists on the table "feed me meat, now"!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #127
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
That's wonderful that your loss is noticeable. I have lost 22 lbs and NO ONE has noticed or said anything to me. Makes me wonder if maybe my scales and clothes are lying to me. I'm trying to be patient, because I know the last 10 lbs were put on quickly at the end of last year, maybe it's not noticeable that they are gone. I can't wait til it becomes visible to my friends. That's what I get for letting myself become a blob.

How many pounds did it take the rest of you to get noticed? I remember on Atkins it was about 15 or 20. It was a coworker I didn't even know very well.
Loads!! Like seriously! I hid my loss well , I think-wore the same baggy stuff. And when people did start to notice and commenting it was never in a good way!! It's always are you sure you're not sick-even now!!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi MMS! I see the hair!! Yeah mine was really thin too-It's Ghd'd within an inch of its life!!! And boy was it greasy!!!! Oh yeah and every time I wash it there's a weird chemical smell!!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:06 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Sometimes people know there is something different about you but they are not quite sure what it is ...maybe that is why??? I am not saying people are approaching me and commenting. It's only people who know that I am doing this and family that have commented. You keep on, people will notice soon enough...if they don't then they are just jealous.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri View Post
I thought you're on Stillman ??? Why having some fat here ???
When i was on Atkins, 3 first days of pure atkins, i counted i eat more than 3000kcal !!! mostly butter and mayo and i lost 2pound per day. God! Then it stopped there...
On my 6th day, i ate less fat... i was so sicking of it, duh! The next day, i jumped on scale, 4 pounds has gone ! Totally a MAGIC!

Suri - we had a discussion on the list last month about ways to break a stall. One suggestion was to increase fat and calories (but still stay low carb) for a few days. Since I was in a major stall I thought I would try it and post results to the group. So I ate higher fat and calories Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon. Went back to a strict Stillman's yesterday and remain strict to see how long it takes to see any loss again.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #131
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hey Everyone! Dont have time to catch up....the QWL is on its way to Sharon!!! Should be there in a week. (sorry i was a cheapo on shipping...)

Big Hugs to everyone and hope to see some big losses in the coming days! You guys are awesome!!!

Cool Kitty IM2 and gorgeous hair MM!!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:

Some of my friends have just started to notice - I have lost 40 pounds
Old 06-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

About the smell... The mixture I had put on my hair smells exactly like chocolate...apparently it also comes in strawberry. Obviously I know what keratin is but I am sitting there why the dresser is slapping it on and I ask him..."so what exactly is in this stuff"? and he's like "well it's made from like... finger nails, toe nails, skin etc" and you know how they get the stuff...we are literally walking with the dead! No wonder it smells!

Last edited by makemeslim; 06-02-2010 at 12:41 PM..
Old 06-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Hi all,

Will catch up later, just checking in to post my menu.

I'm sticking to my goals well.

Menu for day 4:

B: 2 boiled eggs with mustard
Snk: Boiled egg
L: Hake. Chicken broth.
Snk: Boiled egg
D: Hake. Chicken broth.
Liquids: 660 mls diet coke. 5.5 litres water. 4 cups tea.

Total cals: 712
Total carbs: 8.7
Old 06-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hey Everyone! Dont have time to catch up....the QWL is on its way to Sharon!!! Should be there in a week. (sorry i was a cheapo on shipping...)

Big Hugs to everyone and hope to see some big losses in the coming days! You guys are awesome!!!

Cool Kitty IM2 and gorgeous hair MM!!!!
Thanks so much for that Al, really kind of you...can't wait to read it.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Ooops I did it again!

Last edited by makemeslim; 06-02-2010 at 02:09 PM..
Old 06-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

I logged in to photobucket to display the hair pic and I came across this photo of DD that I uploaded two years ago. She tried to delete it, claiming it was awful but I love this photo of her...she is nearly 19 but she is still my baby

Last edited by makemeslim; 06-02-2010 at 02:10 PM..
Old 06-02-2010, 02:40 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Signing off. Nighty night peeps.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #139
Junior LCF Member

MM--Your hair looks nice, but if you are concerned, are you taking a good vitiamin?

also I have used Andrew Lessman's Healthy Hair and Nails from HSN and have been pleased. It takes time to see results, but I think its good. Anything similar would help.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Molly Bloom
Stats: 280/231/150
WOE: Counting Carbs
Start Date: 03/21/2010
Whoa, this is harder than I thought. Second day....and I've been on Atkins for months....!

So I had some Ham at lunch...that's it. For dinner I had an omelet (not cooked in oil) with cottage cheese, dill, garlic powder....and then I lost it and added a shake of parmesan.

Geeze louise. Seriously, does this get better? Please throw me an olive branch!!
Old 06-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #141

Gallery: Suri
Stats: 126/123/106
Start Date: 30 May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Suri - we had a discussion on the list last month about ways to break a stall. One suggestion was to increase fat and calories (but still stay low carb) for a few days. Since I was in a major stall I thought I would try it and post results to the group. So I ate higher fat and calories Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon. Went back to a strict Stillman's yesterday and remain strict to see how long it takes to see any loss again.
Oh, i see
So no Stall has been broken ? I see some people they do 1-2 carb up days and then go back to the wagon, they also can break stalls this way. Have you tried it yet ?
I think the best way to stay away from stall is calories variety.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #142

Gallery: Suri
Stats: 126/123/106
Start Date: 30 May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootergal View Post
Suri: Yeah um, I am thinking that cheesecake should be allowed under Stillmans. that way, I can go to the Cheesecake Factory and have their low carb cheesecake.

I mean, come on people, its CHEESE LOL.

Okay, the wistful rationalization has passed.

Hope everybody is going strong today!
Haha, unless you make your cheesecake with cottage cheese, it's totally acceptable in Stillman's
Im thinking to make a lowcarb cheesecake and tiramisu also, maybe Sunday will be my FAT day, eat some fat to vary the calo intake. Yup! I find a way to get rid of falling out the wagon
Old 06-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

MakeMe, I love the hair WITH the wispy ends, don't cut them off just yet, you may get used to it and love it! I don't know how I could stand it if it smelled like chocolate!

Menu:
B Coffe with Coconut milk, HB egg
L 2 oz sardines in tomato sauce, Laughing Cow wedge
D HB egg with mustard, cucumber
S Laughing cow cheese wedge
Calories, 320 Fat 18.9 g (which seems like a lot) Protein 26.7 g
Old 06-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Some of my friends have just started to notice - I have lost 40 pounds
OK, I will just have to congratulate my own self: Yay! (Looking in mirror) "I do believe you have lost a chin there, darling!" "Oh, you noticed!" "That's so it won't flap around when I finally break down and buy the Shake Weight!" "Yes, good idea. Plus you look really nice without the extra chin." "Thanks, you too."

I better go to bed now. If it's not the "voices" from the pantry, it's me talking to myself. G'night.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootergal View Post
MM--Your hair looks nice, but if you are concerned, are you taking a good vitiamin?

also I have used Andrew Lessman's Healthy Hair and Nails from HSN and have been pleased. It takes time to see results, but I think its good. Anything similar would help.
At the moment I am just taking a regular Centrum each day...but that has only been since starting this diet. I have always wondered about the hair and nail vitamins. One thing I do know that is good for the nails is gelatine. If I eat jelly/jello every day for a few weeks I can tell a huge difference. I am trying to find some organic SF Jello...anyone know of where I might find some?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:56 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Bloom View Post
Whoa, this is harder than I thought. Second day....and I've been on Atkins for months....!

So I had some Ham at lunch...that's it. For dinner I had an omelet (not cooked in oil) with cottage cheese, dill, garlic powder....and then I lost it and added a shake of parmesan.

Geeze louise. Seriously, does this get better? Please throw me an olive branch!!
Keep at it, it will get better...to the point where you will have to remind yourself to eat. We are allowed some low fat hard cheese and I put Parmesan into that bracket (please quote me if I'm wrong guys). I have cheese every day, low fat cheddar or parmesan...not keen on cottage cheese.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:50 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
MakeMe, I love the hair WITH the wispy ends, don't cut them off just yet, you may get used to it and love it! I don't know how I could stand it if it smelled like chocolate!

Menu:
B Coffe with Coconut milk, HB egg
L 2 oz sardines in tomato sauce, Laughing Cow wedge
D HB egg with mustard, cucumber
S Laughing cow cheese wedge
Calories, 320 Fat 18.9 g (which seems like a lot) Protein 26.7 g
Hi there. Can I ask if the very cute babe in your av pic is your's? Gorgeous and so cute! just lately...since turning 40 I seem to be getting all broody, which is weird because I absolutely know I do not want anymore children. However, yesterday I saw these really cute, amazing polka dot romper suits and I so want to buy one but can't figure it out coz I have no one to buy one for??? go figure!? they come in pink, purple, blue, yellow...what is happening to me? Thanks for your comments on my hair...maybe I will wait a week or two.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:49 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Morning all,

Down to 210.4 this morning. 2.2 lbs loss since Tuesday. I won't meet my second goal on Saturday (of 205), but at least the scale is going in the right direction. Strict Stillman's for me until I am into onederland. Have a good day everyone!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:58 AM   #149
Junior LCF Member

I am down another 1/2 lb to 157 1/2. Very happy. Not bad for less than 2 weeks. Does anyone know when "the wall" kicks in? I realize the book says average weight loss is about 5 lbs a week, but have you folks found that to be correct?

What do you do to get out of a rut?

Thanks
Old 06-03-2010, 04:07 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
4 Tuna Packets and 2 hard boiled Eggs with 2 cheese sticks and lots of water w/cl! That was my menu yesterday!

Today i plan on cutting out the cheese sticks and upping my water. Scale read 197.7 WTH!!! How the Heck????

I gained a ton of weight back on vacation! I know TOM is right around the corner too, but honestly! I guess sitting in a car for 12 hrs and eating carbs can do this to ya ppl! Go figure!

Breakfast consisted of a pack of tuna!

I'm going to change my stats! It's not fair to have a lower weight than I'm at right now posted. Plus it will hold me accountable for the pounds and I will be driven to lower them! I know we say not to move it up, but this time I think it's necessary!

BTW, My new scale weighs so much heavier than my old one, but it is closer to the scale the doc. has!