Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #811
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Was just thinking there as I was typing that!! This really is a great thread, I love the way we are so happy for each other when we reach mini goals--it's great!!....and really funny too that we're so happy for each other, but don't really know each other at all. It's strange, isn't it??!!
doncha mean WE'RE strange (kidding-we are exceptional! That's the beauty of our group-like minds)

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2010, 04:12 PM   #812
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT, Sharon, Gwn-I love our boat. Especially since it stopped to pick me up while drowning (in fat). And it will never sink! So safe!

WTG losers and on plan ones!

Scoot-enjoy the soda, and yes, I love raw round beef!

NEWS FLASH-
Almond milk does NOT make a good bechamel! My cheese sauce is crap!
Old 06-09-2010, 05:52 PM   #813
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Oh I meant the other way to get rid.
OO. .that!! bad. . bad. .doesn't work anyway. .just makes one bloated and wanting more. .
Old 06-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #814
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootergal View Post
Congrats to everyone that is behaving today!

I'm having a celebratory Diet soda to celebrate a business deal. Feeling a little better now.
Anyone have a new found love for eating raw lean ground meat?

Just want to know if I ought to be committed to an insane asylum or not..
Isn't raw ground meat really, really bad for you? Bacteria? O my. don't know that I could try that. .Actually, I really don't need to find another food I love
Old 06-09-2010, 06:03 PM   #815
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:

I'm having a celebratory Diet soda to celebrate a business deal. Feeling a little better now.

ew no! I've seen my boss eat raw ground beef though
Old 06-09-2010, 06:07 PM   #816
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. it's 9:00 O'clock so I have to stop eating . . I think I missed dinner somewhere in my day. .anyway:

5:30 - Meds and coffee and water
8:04 - coffee and water, water
1:30 - Salad with green pepper and hot peppers, chicken breast Water, water, water
4:30 - 3 oz Talapia. . Water and more water
9:00 LCF and water!!

I'm sitting here. feeling a little hungry so I'm thinking its going to be an early bed time for me! I really don't want too eat anything cuz I need that wooshh. .

I'll check back in tomorrow. . By the way: Pedometer says 12,295 !!! (I did walk while kids were at Karate tonight!) Yay me . .
Old 06-09-2010, 06:07 PM   #817
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Isn't raw ground meat really, really bad for you? Bacteria? O my. don't know that I could try that. .Actually, I really don't need to find another food I love
I'd think it'd be risky. The thing is, I can eat medium rare steak... but ground beef needs to be cooked thoroughly for me to eat it. At least with a steak, I know it's coming from 1 cow, so my chances of getting sick are low... but with ground beef, it's typically meat that's been ground together from 100 different cows. Plus there's the issue of ground beef looking like brain matter to me so yea. Sorry if I grossed anyone out! :blush:
Old 06-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #818
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OK. it's 9:00 O'clock so I have to stop eating . . I think I missed dinner somewhere in my day. .anyway:

5:30 - Meds and coffee and water
8:04 - coffee and water, water
1:30 - Salad with green pepper and hot peppers, chicken breast Water, water, water
4:30 - 3 oz Talapia. . Water and more water
9:00 LCF and water!!

I'm sitting here. feeling a little hungry so I'm thinking its going to be an early bed time for me! I really don't want too eat anything cuz I need that wooshh. .

I'll check back in tomorrow. . By the way: Pedometer says 12,295 !!! (I did walk while kids were at Karate tonight!) Yay me . .
Boy if you don't see a loss tomorrow, someone needs to fire that whoosh fairy!
Old 06-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #819
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
I'd think it'd be risky. The thing is, I can eat medium rare steak... but ground beef needs to be cooked thoroughly for me to eat it. At least with a steak, I know it's coming from 1 cow, so my chances of getting sick are low... but with ground beef, it's typically meat that's been ground together from 100 different cows. Plus there's the issue of ground beef looking like brain matter to me so yea. Sorry if I grossed anyone out! :blush:
What about all the mad cow disease that was plaguing the universe some time ago?
Old 06-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #820
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay guys, done eating for the day too. Menu-
B: 1 HB egg, Coffee
L: 8ozs grilled chicken
D: Almost 1 can of low sodium tuna w/ hot sauce and mustard
S: SF Jello Cup
Calories 569
I have been scaling back my chicken consumption for a few days, since I was eating like a pound a day... Making one of my meals tuna, just to cut back on cals/fat. Though I should probably up my cals tomorrow since they've been low a few days so I might have chicken for lunch and dinner.

That low sodium tuna is so difficult to choke down, I kid you not! Don't do it, just don't buy it... BLeH! I have one more can of it and then I want it out of my life forever!!

Today was cold and dreary and oh so rainy... but the next few days should be 20 degrees warmer and sunny.

Rooting for my Flyers to win tonight...
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 06-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #821
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
What about all the mad cow disease that was plaguing the universe some time ago?
Exactly! But you know, if it's not mad cow, it's hoof and mouth disease or salmonella or e coli or beak and fin IDK. I like that being on low carb has forced me to basically cook everything I eat (except the grilled chicken I eat at work but at least I see where it's coming from and how it's prepared). You ever see some of those kitchens on "Kitchen Nightmares"? Makes you really wonder what you're putting in your body. Now I'm so nervous about seafood, with this huge oil spill...
Old 06-09-2010, 06:26 PM   #822
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
I have mad cow disease.... AKA.... PMS!LOL

Oh and I get hoof and mouth disease quite often too! i just open mouth and insert foot!
Old 06-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #823
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post

Oh and I get hoof and mouth disease quite often too! i just open mouth and insert foot!
That was awesome.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:17 PM   #824
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Way to come out Swinging, Lisa!!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:17 PM   #825
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That was awesome.
wow love the hair!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #826
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Exactly! But you know, if it's not mad cow, it's hoof and mouth disease or salmonella or e coli or beak and fin IDK. I like that being on low carb has forced me to basically cook everything I eat (except the grilled chicken I eat at work but at least I see where it's coming from and how it's prepared). You ever see some of those kitchens on "Kitchen Nightmares"? Makes you really wonder what you're putting in your body. Now I'm so nervous about seafood, with this huge oil spill...
Gwn, you dont have to worry about Louisiana seafood. There is none. Shrimpers are forbidden to shrimp(for obvious reasons). And they are freaking out. It's in our news nearly every night. Hurricanes and oil spills. Welcome to Louisiana! Yall come on down. Yall want to go to Venice, with the water streets? Wait until the next hurricane. Actually we have a Venice Louisiana below New Orleans.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:59 AM   #827
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:

Old 06-10-2010, 03:00 AM   #828
Big Yapper!!!!

Love love love Kitty, Im2!!!! And pink stripes-cool Gwn!!
Old 06-10-2010, 03:04 AM   #829
Big Yapper!!!!

It's boiling here! It's 12 o'clock and already 85 and it's so humid! I was thinking about what we were saying about the "fire burning between legs". Yeah it's so cool that doesn't happen to me anymore! Thank you Lord!!
Old 06-10-2010, 03:05 AM   #830
Big Yapper!!!!

Would never ever eat raw ground beef!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:01 AM   #831
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! And a lovely morning it is! I'm down 4.5 pounds for the week. And the week didn't start until Sunday, 'cause I just couldn't get my act together to stay on plan when I said I was going to start. But now I'm in ketosis and feeling good and nothing will stop me!

When I weighed this moring I was reminded about how much I dislike half pounds! For some reason, even when I show a big loss, weighing in with a half pound in my number irritates me! Silly, I know.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:07 AM   #832
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:

Hmmmmm, how are you feeling around the full moon? Any urges to go out and howl? You haven't recently been bitten by a werewolf, have you?

Actually, 30 years ago I ate in in Germany. Mostly when I would visit breweries. It was one of the sandwiches they offered with the beer tasting package. I was younger and more adventurous then! Wouldn't touch it now!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:22 AM   #833
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
and yes. .I've bought two meals at the drive through with 2 drinks so the cashier would think I'm ordering for two when all along it was for me. .me. . me!!! :blush:
If I had a pound for every time I'd done that I'd be a rich lady.:blush:
Old 06-10-2010, 04:32 AM   #834
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OK. .so I just have to report my crazy day today. . .I ran around all morning (On cement, in heels no less - that outta count as exercise. .) anyway, got everything ready. got the food all put out and got ready for the meeting. . the meeting went on and on and on and before I realized it . . I was getting pretty hungry. .my stomach actually growled a few times! uggg. . So meeting adjourned, I quickly grabbed my chicken breast out of the fridge and ran back into the meeting room to make a small salad. . OMG> .there was roast beef, ham and some other kinda meat just sitting there. (and cheese). I thought. .One little ham slice won't kill me. .so I grabbed one up and shoved it in my mouth only to discover that it was 'SWEET' . .of course, I'm chewing and walking, carrying my salad and I'm trying to figure out what the heck to do with the ham that is sitting in my mouth!! Surely, I didn't want to swallow it and sabatoge my Pure STillman's Day. . So I get back to my desk adn spit it out in my garbage can. . Gross. . .and then I just had to crack up at myself and I couldn't stop laughing . how stupid. .. . It wasn't like it was the scrumptious strawberry cheese cake that I had to cut up for everyone. (and you will be proud. .whipped topping got on my finger and I wiped it off. . whipped topping got on my keys (??) and I wiped them off.. Whipped topping was all over the cover of the cake box and I did not lick it. in fact. . I didn't even smell it! I had a little drool run out. . but I don't think anyone noticed. I didn't even taste the knife! so, the girl on the diet was also in charge of cleanup so I invited staff over to eat what they wanted. .packed everything else up in baggies and plan to feed my kids supper!! (Yippeee. .no cooking tonight :-0 ).. So I'm feeling pretty good today and hope the feeling continues.. I've been really testing myself and I realize any bite or taste can be the one that starts the whole cheating process all over again. .

O. . and just for the record. .I'm planning to lose tomorrow. . so anyone who thinks about hiding that whoosh fairy. . Nadda. . She owes me a visit big time!!! (I promise, I'll send her right back out - I really need the push and reassurance that this lovely diet will work for me!!! OK. I'm done now. .thank you!)
Well done for not cracking...I'm not into sweet stuff but I absolutely love cheese cake...would have been hell for me. The woosh fairy is deffo coming your way!

Last edited by makemeslim; 06-10-2010 at 04:34 AM..
Old 06-10-2010, 04:41 AM   #835
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: skinnywannabe
Stats: 151/147.2/130
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 6/7/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Hmmmmm, how are you feeling around the full moon? Any urges to go out and howl? You haven't recently been bitten by a werewolf, have you?

Actually, 30 years ago I ate in in Germany. Mostly when I would visit breweries. It was one of the sandwiches they offered with the beer tasting package. I was younger and more adventurous then! Wouldn't touch it now!
I used to go to yearly family reunions with one of my girlfriends that had a big Italian family. They always had a bowl of raw meat on the buffet table. It was always in the summer so it was sitting out in the heat. Gross!!

On a less gross note, the whoosh fairy visited me last night! Down 2.5lbs from yesterday!!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:46 AM   #836
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Gwn, lovethe new avi-you?

Only the prepackaged (tubes) beef is ground from different sources. If you buy it in store ground it's fresh, no fillers, and one cut from the same side of beef (nice talk for half a cow.)
When WalMart first began their super stores with grocery they got into a huge battle with the meatcutters unions and refusing to cave to their salary requirements, they eliminated them altogether and went to the factory prepackaged. That's why theirs has added sodium and preservatives, so it can survive the ride in on the huge trucks.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:58 AM   #837
Senior LCF Member

6.4 pounds gone of the 10 lb challenge i went way up after my uncontrollable carb grazing last weekend, but now I'm back.. still have a ways to go! grrr oh well i will keep it up!
Old 06-10-2010, 05:59 AM   #838
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Love love love Kitty, Im2!!!! And pink stripes-cool Gwn!!
Gwn secretly wants to be Hello Kitty. . i can tell. . :-)
Old 06-10-2010, 06:06 AM   #839
Major LCF Poster!

Gongrats to all losers and if you have not lost today here's hoping that the whoosh fairy is with you tomorrow. I am down 2lb this morning...2 more to go and I will be back to where I was before I cheated.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:08 AM   #840
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. Girls. .I think I'm finally back in my game! If that lovely fairy will be so kind as to bestow me another visit. . I can actually get below the 155 mark - I'm so close! I was down 4 this morning (technically, I don't think I can count it, though, because I was up, up, up for the past two weeks - yes. .I weighed in at 165 last week). . So. .one more pound and I'm in the running for the 10 pound loss! I need her one more night. please, please. . and I think that will change my attitude!! I plan to be so clean, I'll squeak!!!
Closed Thread