Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #781
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Was just thinking there as I was typing that!! This really is a great thread, I love the way we are so happy for each other when we reach mini goals--it's great!!....and really funny too that we're so happy for each other, but don't really know each other at all. It's strange, isn't it??!!
GT - I sometimes think we share things on here that we would NEVER share with our spouse, BF, best friends...... maybe because we are afraid that they will judge us - maybe not with words but looks can hurt just as much.

Here we are ALL in the same boat - we all need to lose some amount of weight, we all have been down this road before and we all understand that life happens and THAT is when support is most needed.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #782
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Was just thinking there as I was typing that!! This really is a great thread, I love the way we are so happy for each other when we reach mini goals--it's great!!....and really funny too that we're so happy for each other, but don't really know each other at all. It's strange, isn't it??!!
It is awesome! I you all. I really do get excited for everyone on here, when they feel good, reach a mini goal, etc. You all are a vital part to my low carb success. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I feel like if I mess up, I let you all down too! And I feel like when the scale is cooperating and I'm doing things right, that maybe it helps keep you all motivated too! I know it does for me! It even has me thinking I might lower my goal weight to 131 for an even 100lbs lost! If al and gt can do it, I can too? But yea, I think if we all met up in person, we'd be so comfortable with each other, like old friends seeing each other after a while.
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 06-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #783
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Dunno what the "stars" smiley is doing there!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:24 PM   #784
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
It even has me thinking I might lower my goal weight to 131 for an even 100lbs lost! If al and gt can do it, i can
Yeah!!! 100lbs has a nice ring to it!!!.......and yup if I can do it anyone can!!!!!

P.s. tho....you looked perfect the last time you were at 147-fabulous figure!.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #785
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scootergal
Stats: 167/157/135
Start Date: May 23, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
scootergal - this seems to be my pattern of loss as well I lose for a couple of days , then stall , then the scale bounces up and down a pound or two, then another couple of losing days........sigh

I do TRY to keep the overall loss in mind but that is very hard to do when I am staring at a gain first thing in the morning
Ugh, I hear ya. As if thats not bad enough I have had some terrible mood swings over the last few days.'

Oh AND I have this new thing where I LOVE to ear raw lean ground meet!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #786
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Hey guys!
Scale was down 1.4 pounds today Getting closer to the 160s and I'm kind of speechless about it. So many of my clothes are baggy on me, I'm in a size 14, which still seems crazy big to me ha. I tried on my goal jeans (size 11) but they still don't fit, barely cover my butt! But I'll get there and boy I cannot wait, those are some hot jeans. Listen people, little confession... I haven't worn jeans in years. I know like 99% of this country wears jeans on a daily basis and I haven't worn them in years! When I was a kid, I hated the way denim felt.... but then in college, I started wearing them... Then after I gained weight, I had a hard time finding jeans that fit, mostly cuz I carry a lot of weight in my butt/thighs so when I would find a pair that fit there, I'd have a hug gap where the jeans didn't even touch my back, because my waist was always much smaller. So I gave up on jeans. As you can imagine, after 4 years of not wearing them, I'm getting really excited at the possibility of wearing them again!

Okay, bbl!
OOO girl . I can so relate. .I never used to wear pants! Jeans, dress pants. nothin! I was a skirt, shorts, sweats kinda gal. .which was really frustrating when I had somewhere casual to go. I used to be fine at work cuz I wear suits, skirts, sweaters, etc. . but if we were going to hang out at a BBQ or something that required more casual. . forget it!!! I have the reverse problem. . in order for them to fit around my middle, the but and the legs would be hideously huge. . Finally. . I can find jeans to fit and it opens up a whole new world. .jeans are meant to be worn just about anywhere. . dress them up. .dress them down. .Ahhhh. .nice to be like a "normal" person, isn't it? I'm so excited for you. . plus, the new jeans are much more forgiving. .they come in all shapes and sizes, low riders, .high waisted, stretch denim that doesn't look like stretch. . . and they fit all your curves nicely. .just stay out of the mall teenager shops. .unless of course, you are a size 2 or something. .then you deserve to shop there!!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #787
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I think I remember saying that before . or thinking it!! Sometimes it makes me sad that strangers are more supportive of my efforts than my own family (I'm not talking about my kids or hubby). .my "other" . .(skinny sisters. . ) family. . I think that's why this is so great. . We can confess and not feel terrible about it. No one dwells on it and most of us have been there done that!! I'll confess. . I've eaten in the bathroom. .I've taken my kid's candy when they weren't looking. . I've eaten an entire package of cookies and hidden the package in the bottom of the garbage. .and yes. .I've bought two meals at the drive through with 2 drinks so the cashier would think I'm ordering for two when all along it was for me. .me. . me!!! :blush:

Plus, I would never, ever share my true weight with anyone else. . and here I have it published. . OMG. . So, thank you. . LCF for making this a wonderful forum and a nice sounding board to visit whether I am happy, sad, mad, glad or just plain giddy!!! You guys are the best! Thanks GT for reminding me of that!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #788
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi peeps! I had a great birthday! I loved having my man around, it was just great knowing that he'd be there after work and that we could go for lunch together.
Got lovely pressies from home-he brought them with him! I got thee most gorgeous Diane von Furstenberg dress from my Mum. I love my Mammy!! I was so excited! It's my first designer piece of clothing-ever! And the best thing about it---it's a size 4!!!! Yaaaay!
My pressie from my man is 2 weeks in the South of France at the beginning of August! So peeps I am really up for the 10lb challenge. I've got under 2 months to get bikini-ready! No BLTs from today! (well actually from tomorrow cos today I had a huge Latte,(with skimmed milk tho! he! in Starbucks at the airport, and a bite of a blueberry muffin! I say morning-it was 4.30!) But from tomorrow! I'm a determined girl!
Ok will I confess all my cheats from yesterday?? Well I've posted my menu every other day, so here goes!! Well first it was a Cadbury Creme egg--wrapped in a tiny box-to tease me!! Then we had ice-cream in the afternoon-I had a scoop of nutella ice-cream..but in my defense I was good cos I didn't eat the cone, I threw it away!!
Then we went out from dinner and i had a big chicken salad (without dressing!). Oh it was so good! Even better than the ice-cream!! And I had a glass of wine!! Dr. Stillman would not have been proud!!
But I am back 100% on plan!!! eggs, chicken and tuna only shall pass these lips!! Everyone else with me? Good!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #789
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. .so I just have to report my crazy day today. . .I ran around all morning (On cement, in heels no less - that outta count as exercise. .) anyway, got everything ready. got the food all put out and got ready for the meeting. . the meeting went on and on and on and before I realized it . . I was getting pretty hungry. .my stomach actually growled a few times! uggg. . So meeting adjourned, I quickly grabbed my chicken breast out of the fridge and ran back into the meeting room to make a small salad. . OMG> .there was roast beef, ham and some other kinda meat just sitting there. (and cheese). I thought. .One little ham slice won't kill me. .so I grabbed one up and shoved it in my mouth only to discover that it was 'SWEET' . .of course, I'm chewing and walking, carrying my salad and I'm trying to figure out what the heck to do with the ham that is sitting in my mouth!! Surely, I didn't want to swallow it and sabatoge my Pure STillman's Day. . So I get back to my desk adn spit it out in my garbage can. . Gross. . .and then I just had to crack up at myself and I couldn't stop laughing . how stupid. .. . It wasn't like it was the scrumptious strawberry cheese cake that I had to cut up for everyone. (and you will be proud. .whipped topping got on my finger and I wiped it off. . whipped topping got on my keys (??) and I wiped them off.. Whipped topping was all over the cover of the cake box and I did not lick it. in fact. . I didn't even smell it! I had a little drool run out. . but I don't think anyone noticed. I didn't even taste the knife! so, the girl on the diet was also in charge of cleanup so I invited staff over to eat what they wanted. .packed everything else up in baggies and plan to feed my kids supper!! (Yippeee. .no cooking tonight :-0 ).. So I'm feeling pretty good today and hope the feeling continues.. I've been really testing myself and I realize any bite or taste can be the one that starts the whole cheating process all over again. .

O. . and just for the record. .I'm planning to lose tomorrow. . so anyone who thinks about hiding that whoosh fairy. . Nadda. . She owes me a visit big time!!! (I promise, I'll send her right back out - I really need the push and reassurance that this lovely diet will work for me!!! OK. I'm done now. .thank you!)
Old 06-09-2010, 01:53 PM   #790
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Plus, I would never, ever share my true weight with anyone else. . and here I have it published. . OMG. . So, thank you. . LCF for making this a wonderful forum and a nice sounding board to visit whether I am happy, sad, mad, glad or just plain giddy!!! You guys are the best! Thanks GT for reminding me of that!

IM - I know EXACTLY what you are talking about - even the DMV doesn't know my "real" weight (and yes, I lied about my weight on my driver's license! )
Old 06-09-2010, 01:53 PM   #791
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi peeps! I had a great birthday! it's a size 4!!!! Yaaaay!
My pressie from my man is 2 weeks in the South of France at the beginning of August! So peeps I am really up for the 10lb challenge. Everyone else with me? Good!
I'm in. . and Girl. A Size 4!! You are bikini ready right now. . You go. .
Old 06-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #792
Big Yapper!!!!

I've never actually done the 2 meal thing at Mickey Dees-prob cos I'm not that big into the salty stuff---but boy have I done the cookie thing! Oh yeah eaten the whole packet--and then some and yup hidden the wrappers!! Never actually eaten in the bathroom but been in there after the cookie eating doing wrong wrong things.

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 06-09-2010 at 02:27 PM..
Old 06-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #793
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
IM - I know EXACTLY what you are talking about - even the DMV doesn't know my "real" weight (and yes, I lied about my weight on my driver's license! )
Yep. .but just think. . in just a few months. . we will probably be more than willing to "share" our weight. .or at least, our size!! and Sizes? Exactly what is a size zero, anyway? Does that mean . . size Dead? . .size Skeleton? I sure hope no one is aspiring to be a size zero. . We gotta have a little to hold onto and cushion. ., ya know!!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #794
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It's my first designer piece of clothing-ever! And the best thing about it---it's a size 4!!!! Yaaaay!
My pressie from my man is 2 weeks in the South of France at the beginning of August! So peeps I am really up for the 10lb challenge. I've got under 2 months to get bikini-ready!
Oh you are going to ROCK that dress

South of France!!! I am jealous. You best be posting some pictures on your return!

I am right there with you on the 10 pound challenge!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #795
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Never actually eaten in the bathroom but been in there after the cookie eating doing wrong wrong things. Low-carb really keeps that under control.
Yes it does!!! I've upped my psyllium intake for that very reason. .
Old 06-09-2010, 01:59 PM   #796
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh yeah I would never tell anyone my real weight--ever ever ever!!!! And NEVER what I used to weigh. I can't actually believe I have it up there!!
The other thing that I find strange or funny about here is that I think I'm talking just to you guys, I forget that it's on the web for everyone to see! It always reminds me, with a shock, when new people join and say they've been lurking for a while! It's prob because I never did the FB thing!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #797
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So I'm feeling pretty good today and hope the feeling continues.. I've been really testing myself and I realize any bite or taste can be the one that starts the whole cheating process all over again. .

O. . and just for the record. .I'm planning to lose tomorrow. . so anyone who thinks about hiding that whoosh fairy. . Nadda. . She owes me a visit big time!!! (I promise, I'll send her right back out - I really need the push and reassurance that this lovely diet will work for me!!! OK. I'm done now. .thank you!)
Great motivation for the rest of us!

Soooo proud of you I think you deserve a couple of visits from the Whoosh Fairy!

I am also one of those that once they cheat it is a long slippery slope to bad food choices.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #798
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Y We gotta have a little to hold onto and cushion. ., ya know!!
Yep, I keep telling my husband that I am built for COMFORT not SPEED!!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #799
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
OK. .so I just have to report my crazy day today. . .I ran around all morning (On cement, in heels no less - that outta count as exercise. .)
WTG you!! Yes it def does!!! I'm drooling just reading about the cheesecake!!!
And yes you can have the fairy---for one night only!! You deserve her!!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #800
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
i had 3 oz of ground beef as a snack and tuna for breakfast and that kinda good tuna egg mustard salad for lunch. I plan on having tuna and a squeeze of lemon for supper. I have been horrible with my water today.. so unusual for me, but i had a very long wk day again and didn't wanna end up holding it all day and risking keeping the UTI going! I will make up my water tonight and prob. end up in the bathroom all night! Oh well the price we pay for weight loss! LOL
Old 06-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #801
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yep. .but just think. . in just a few months. . we will probably be more than willing to "share" our weight. .or at least, our size!! and Sizes? Exactly what is a size zero, anyway? Does that mean . . size Dead? . .size Skeleton? I sure hope no one is aspiring to be a size zero. . We gotta have a little to hold onto and cushion. ., ya know!!
Oh I want to be a size zero sooo badly!! I'll take anything with that label on it---even maternity wear!! Just so I can say I have something in it!! Actually that was one of the first things I said about the dress--2 more sizes to go to size0-he just looked at me!!
Does that size actually exist? As in,- like in normal what did you say,Im2-mall shops?? We call those high street shops!!
But then ya get there------and then there's size00!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #802
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh you are going to ROCK that dress

South of France!!! I am jealous. You best be posting some pictures on your return!

I am right there with you on the 10 pound challenge!
I might!! We'll see!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #803
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yes it does!!! I've upped my psyllium intake for that very reason. .
Oh I meant the other way to get rid.

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 06-09-2010 at 02:27 PM..
Old 06-09-2010, 02:14 PM   #804
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yep, I keep telling my husband that I am built for COMFORT not SPEED!!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #805
Senior LCF Member

What do dogs know about diet that we don't?

One of the researchers is a friend of mine.

Good Question: What do dogs know about diets that we don't?
Old 06-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #806
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
i had 3 oz of ground beef as a snack and tuna for breakfast and that kinda good tuna egg mustard salad for lunch. I plan on having tuna and a squeeze of lemon for supper. I have been horrible with my water today.. so unusual for me, but i had a very long wk day again and didn't wanna end up holding it all day and risking keeping the UTI going! I will make up my water tonight and prob. end up in the bathroom all night! Oh well the price we pay for weight loss! LOL
You're so on plan tho, Lisa!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #807
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Thank God I live in a state that doesn't require one to put their weight on your drivers license.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #808
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thank God I live in a state that doesn't require one to put their weight on your drivers license.
I love irish drivers licenses too!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #809
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scootergal
Stats: 167/157/135
Start Date: May 23, 2010
Congrats to everyone that is behaving today!

I'm having a celebratory Diet soda to celebrate a business deal. Feeling a little better now.
Anyone have a new found love for eating raw lean ground meat?

Just want to know if I ought to be committed to an insane asylum or not..
Old 06-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #810
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootergal View Post
Congrats to everyone that is behaving today!

I'm having a celebratory Diet soda to celebrate a business deal. Feeling a little better now.
Anyone have a new found love for eating raw lean ground meat?

Just want to know if I ought to be committed to an insane asylum or not..
mmmmmm......steak tartare
Closed Thread