Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 06:24 PM   #631
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootergal View Post
Ugh--today has been emotionally difficult for me. I've been Stillmans compliant, but just in general life has been a drudgery and sometimes I feel like the people in my life only have me round to do things for them like I some sort of burro or work animal. Its kinda like I'm a supporting character that gets the stage when someone wants something from them. I often wonder if anyone cares how I feel, as long as I'm a worker drone, life ticks on like clockwork while I'm a productive ghost in everyone's life: seen but not heard.

I guess I feel neglected. sigh. Anyway sorry to be a Debbie Downer. I just get tired of it.
Hi scootergal, Taken advantage of. I'm guilty of doing it to my wife from time to time. You want to know what works to slap a little realty into me? When she has to leave for class for a couple of days. It seems like the whole world needs to be taken care of while she's gone. Maybe you could 'get lost' for a couple of days and let these people see what they are missing.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #632
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Sorry guys if I let ya down i will do so much better the next week.. tuna tuna and more tuna... i will get to goal and have that darn tummy tuck done. I see the plastic surgeon on the 22nd and really dont want to be such a fatty! LOL
Old 06-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #633
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Girl! You have to get it together. . What do we have to do. .come there and force feed you meat? I am counting on you to help me get to goal. No more screwing around. .no more excuses. .we need to do this and we need to do it now!!! Summer is too close. .We don't want to be big and sweaty . . we want to be thin and Sweetie!! Let's do this. .
Please force feed me meat! I need it
Old 06-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #634
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
My menu for today:

B: 4 slices Turkey Bacon (0 Carbs 1.5 g fat/slice)
L: 2 pieces Kentucky Fried Chicken - the GRILLED chicken
S: SF Jello
D: 6 oz. Rotisserie Chicken (Breast)

Vitamins, 5 liters Water, 2 cans Caffeine Free Diet Coke
Old 06-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #635
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scootergal
Stats: 167/157/135
Start Date: May 23, 2010
Bigbass: Thanks, I would if I could. I just have to push back a little bit, I guess.

Anyone ever have a crash on this diet? I fell asleep for a half hour and when I woke up it took over an hour to feel sub-human. I ate some chicken and had a Diet Coke and feel better, but man, was I ZAPPED!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #636
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Bigbass: Thanks, I would if I could. I just have to push back a little bit, I guess.

Anyone ever have a crash on this diet? I fell asleep for a half hour and when I woke up it took over an hour to feel sub-human. I ate some chicken and had a Diet Coke and feel better, but man, was I ZAPPED!
I think that is one of the challenges of low carbing. The brain needs some carbs to function - when we don't have enough we feel tired and like our brain is in a fog. Our mental processing is also affected. Try upping your carbs for a few days (try to stay under 30 grams) and see if that helps.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #637
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Ugh--today has been emotionally difficult for me. I've been Stillmans compliant, but just in general life has been a drudgery and sometimes I feel like the people in my life only have me round to do things for them like I some sort of burro or work animal. Its kinda like I'm a supporting character that gets the stage when someone wants something from them. I often wonder if anyone cares how I feel, as long as I'm a worker drone, life ticks on like clockwork while I'm a productive ghost in everyone's life: seen but not heard.

I guess I feel neglected. sigh. Anyway sorry to be a Debbie Downer. I just get tired of it.
Everyone loves you here
Old 06-07-2010, 11:30 PM   #638
Major LCF Poster!

I am back on Stillman's today after screwing up since Saturday... I was terrified of getting on the scale this morning but the damage was not too bad...I have only gained 4lb back. Really want to get back to losing...I'm going to hit this hard now. Not going to change my stats now...I am hoping by some miracle those 4lbs will be gone tomorrow. I am going to get some supplies in. Son is back at school today. The weather is blooming miserable here...rain, rain and more rain.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:45 AM   #639
Senior LCF Member

Happy Birthday Almost there. I hope you get everything you wished for.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:57 AM   #640
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:

Scooter, Mom was very fatigued after starting so we upped her fat with plain unsalted almonds for munching and half a banana 2x day for potassium. In one day she was over it. Just a suggestion.

BBP has a good point, you never realize what you have until it's gone. It may be time for a mental health day!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:09 AM   #641
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Oh! Happy Birthday a bit early! I think I came out of lurk mode while you were away. I have been lurking on this thread for a very long time! I'm 58 and I'm not sure what I thought 58 would feel like, but I feel much younger. At least in spirit!

I am going to be spending 4-6 weeks in Italy next summer! I'm very excited. I sure hope I can do as well as you did with my weight.
Hi Mim!! So glad you are not a lurker any longer. Wow, 4-6 weeks? That's amazing. Even when I'm in Europe for a little while I come back and feel homesick for it. I think it's because there is so much history there and all the buildings and streets are so much older and more elaborate and enduring than what's in the U.S.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:10 AM   #642
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
It was a much smaller stick. I had to really focus my aim. I'm such a sicko. I'm really sorry yall.
OMGosh! I almost peed my pants laughing when I read that! You are truly one of us BB
Old 06-08-2010, 04:13 AM   #643
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Welcome back!! We certainly missed you around here. Remember there is a PHOTO section for your account - since you didn't take us with you we need photos!

Sharon
I missed you guys, too! You are really doing great and going down, down, down! Congrats!!! I took hundreds of pictures!! I will try to post a few later. Thanks for asking!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:18 AM   #644
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
YAM!!!!! (way to go) strada da percorrere, bellissimo (beautiful)!!!!!!!!!!!!! (welcome home) - benvenuti a casa!!!!!!!!!!!!! (we missed you) - ci sei mancato!!!!!!!!!!!!

:
CC: Salute'!! Graci!!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:21 AM   #645
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning, afternoon, evening, depending on your time zone! I am very happy this morning, for I am finally showing a loss! My official start date was Thursday, but I just couldn't get on plan. Finally Sunday I got my act together and so now have two days in! And I'm strong and feeling great! Not only did I lose the gain from not being on plan, but I am now below my stats! I'll change them on Thursday. I like to see a big plunge in numbers. This afternoon I need to make a grocery run. I'm about out of fish. Oh no!

Menu yesterday

B: tuna
L: tuna
D: Mahi Mahi
Old 06-08-2010, 04:22 AM   #646
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
Happy Birthday Almost there. I hope you get everything you wished for.
Go raibh maith agat!!! .( guh row mah ugg uht) ....irish for thanks!! .......and thanks for the cupcakes!!!.....hope they don't give you cravings!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:24 AM   #647
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I missed you guys, too! You are really doing great and going down, down, down! Congrats!!! I took hundreds of pictures!! I will try to post a few later. Thanks for asking!
Good!!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:26 AM   #648
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay for the loss, Mim!

Sorry you're having a hard time, Scootergirl-I hope life gets better soon.

You too, Christine.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:28 AM   #649
Big Yapper!!!!

Lise-stay out of the pantry!! He! Don't worry your tuna plan will see you drop extra-quick!!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:29 AM   #650
Big Yapper!!!!

Im2-glad you're up and about!! You're food doesn't look like lots at all. WTG on the cookie avoidance!! I would be sniffing away!!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:35 AM   #651
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

These just in:

Eastern Fish Recalls Hannaford and Bloom Private Brand Frozen Raw Extra Jumbo Shrimp Packaged in 16 oz. Bags, Product of Mexico
Mon, 07 Jun 2010 09:08:00 -0500

Eastern Fish is alerting consumers that Hannaford Supermarkets and Bloom brands of frozen raw extra jumbo (16/20) shrimp in 16 oz packages, as well as these brands of shrimp from the full-service seafood cases, labeled as product of Mexico, sold May 4 through June 4 at Hannaford Supermarkets and sold April 8 through June 4 at Bloom grocery stores, are subject to a voluntary recall because the products may contain undeclared sulfites. People who have an allergy or sensitivity to sulfites risk an allergic reaction if they consume these products

Sagent Pharmaceuticals Initiates a Nationwide Voluntary Recall of All Lots of Ondansetron in 5% Dextrose Injection, 32 mg/50 mL Manufactured by Claris Lifesciences
Mon, 07 Jun 2010 10:27:00 -0500

Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc. today announced the voluntary nationwide recall of all lots of ondansetron injection in 5% dextrose 32mg / 50 mL (NDC number 25021-776-50) manufactured by Claris Lifesciences and distributed by Sagent. The lot numbers being recalled are: A090309, A090310, A090311 and A090312, which were distributed to hospitals, wholesalers and distributors nationwide from August 2009 through May 2010. Ondansetron injection is an intravenous product used to treat nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy or surgery and is supplied in a single dose plastic container.

UK NEWS: "New minister Paul Burstow says death tax will be considered by
elderly care commission," by Martin Beckford (_Daily Telegraph_ [London], June
5, 2010).
New minister Paul Burstow says ‘death tax’ will be considered by elderly care commission - Telegraph

On June 8, 1968, authorities announced the capture in London of James Earl Ray, the suspected assassin of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.

and, finally...
PONDERISMS

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Gardening Rule: When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

There are two kinds of pedestrians: the quick and the dead.

Life is sexually transmitted.

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The only difference between a groove and a grave is the depth.

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Have you noticed since everyone has a camcorder these days no one talks about seeing UFOs like they used to?

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again

All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

How is it one careless match can start a bushfire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, 'I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?'

Who was the first person to say, 'See that chicken there? I'm going to eat the next thing that comes out of its arse.'

Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him on a car ride; he sticks his head out the window?

Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Have a great day all!!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:35 AM   #652
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi peeps!! Just a quick hello before I leave! I didn't pull the sickie-I just couldn't lie to my boss-plus it's not a very big town so I was afraid we'd be seen out and about--and it's a gorgeous day!! So I took 2 early classes, got someone to take a couple and was allowed cancel the rest-or at least-have to take them by the end of the week--but I don't mind!!
Weighed today---and although I didn't make my 126 target I'm down another pound to 128-so that's good, slowly but surely!!
I'm off to open pressies from home-and going for brunch with my man!!
Ugh-I'm a year older!
Hope everyone has a great day!! BBL

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-08-2010, 04:39 AM   #653
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh CC, I was chuckling away at those!!!! Some are too true!!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:45 AM   #654
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi peeps!! Just a quick hello before I leave! I didn't pull the sickie-I just couldn't lie to my boss-plus it's not a very big town so I was afraid we'd be seen out and about--and it's a gorgeous day!! So I took 2 early classes, got someone to take a couple and was allowed cancel the rest-or at least-have to take them by the end of the week--but I don't mind!!
Weighed today---and although I didn't make my 126 target I'm down another pound to 128-so that's good, slowly but surely!!
Ugh-I'm a year older!
Happy Birthday!
And congratulations on another pound gone! You are amazing!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:54 AM   #655
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scootergal
Stats: 167/157/135
Start Date: May 23, 2010
Thanks for the kind words!

This morning's weigh in shows about another 1/2 lb gone. YAY. 1 lb down so far this week. Really was hoping to hit 155 by Weds, but probably ain't happening. Well, if I cn do that in the next 2-3 days that would be great!

Looking forward to my 100% beef hotdog for lunch today.

Almonds would be great for energy ...except I hate them so LOL.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:54 AM   #656
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ugh-I'm a year older!
Hope you have a wonderful day... 2u!
Old 06-08-2010, 05:04 AM   #657
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Go raibh maith agat!!! .( guh row mah ugg uht) ....irish for thanks!! .......and thanks for the cupcakes!!!.....hope they don't give you cravings!
I can hang for a day.
Céad míle beannachta (for your birthday).
Old 06-08-2010, 05:14 AM   #658
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GT have a great day with your sweetie!!!!!!!!!! I promise with all the weight you have lost you look years younger!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 05:20 AM   #659
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GT!!!!!

Hope you get everything you asked for!!! OH WAIT!! He's already there!!!

Old 06-08-2010, 05:27 AM   #660
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Yep that was me. No I didn't up the carbs so I don't know why I was kicked out of ketosis AND it took me 5 days to get back into ketosis - it normally take me about 3.

I ate hamburger with mustard, bratwurst (0 carbs but LOTS of fat), Italian sausages (0 carbs LOTS of fat) fresh tuna steaks, ribeye with the fat and salmon. No veggies, no fruit........

I am back to tuna and turkey today
hi Sharon! You are still doing great! Sometimes we just have to give it go to see how are bodies handle it! If you decide to try again in a few, stick with the ribeyes and try chicken thighs and such. Eat the skin. The real fat- yum! I would try to stay away from anything processed like the brats and sausage. They can sneak anything in those little buggers..thats why they taste sooo good.
Closed Thread