Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #601
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
The scale did not move again today So..... for me at least the addition of more fat and calories did not work. Now I am way behind where I wanted to be

It's turkey and fish for me for the next few days. I am taking all my vitamins daily (Al are you reading this???!) and drinking about 5 liters of water a day. I have cut coffee way down and have a diet coke once or twice a week. I had hoped to be down a total of 50 pounds by June 12th but I am struggling to just lose the 4 pounds I gained by adding more fat and calories (Thanks Jillian Michaels! NOT!!)
Still nearly 50lbs-well done you!!! That's brilliant!!

I know it's frustrating when it's not coming off as fast as we'd like--but always when you look at the bigger pick. it's wow!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #602
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Yep that was me. No I didn't up the carbs so I don't know why I was kicked out of ketosis AND it took me 5 days to get back into ketosis - it normally take me about 3.

I ate hamburger with mustard, bratwurst (0 carbs but LOTS of fat), Italian sausages (0 carbs LOTS of fat) fresh tuna steaks, ribeye with the fat and salmon. No veggies, no fruit........

I am back to tuna and turkey today
Wow-wld never have thought eating fat would kick someone out. Weird. Maybe you were just really hydrated.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #603
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
I have been extremely bored with foods this past week. Like I look at it and I say, "chicken...again" and big sigh.
But I want thin so bad, as long as the scale keeps moving, I'll keep choking down whatever bland foods I need to.
I'm with you Gwn!!!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #604
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
Thank you. Your so good at dropping weight that you should be at goal by about...what, 3:00 today or so.
True!!
And yup you're in ketosis!!!....was it as good as the pregnancy test????
Old 06-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #605
Big Yapper!!!!

Enjoy your trip, Gwn!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #606
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
That might be your birthday present from hubby tomorrow.
I'll kill him if he does!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:06 PM   #607
Big Yapper!!!!

Yam-glad you're back safe and sound---and deleriously happy!! (so can't spell!) And only 3lbs--wow!! I would have been more like 30!!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #608
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok peeps--I'm off to the airport!! BBL!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #609
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
True!!
It was a much smaller stick. I had to really focus my aim. I'm such a sicko. I'm really sorry yall.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #610
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Welcome back YamYam! So happy this trip was all you wanted it to be! 3 lbs in NUTHIN darling! I can gain that by walking through the chocolate aisle in the grocery! Now you need a stair stepper and treadmill to keep up the pace you have begun by walking all over Venice!

BigBass, YES you are in ketosis! Ain't it fun? I used to be addicted to those little ketostix. Could not wait to see them turn color! It's great for motivation, you won't want a Hostess cupcake when you find that it will take 3 days to make the stix turn color.

CC's mom: Wise words! Thank you for being a support system for CCgirl. I personally can NOT do this WOE without support. It's hard to do even WITH it. Best of luck in losing to both of you!

GT, I was trying, really trying to stay away from the carbs today. I'm done with them. Better eating from now on. It's not helping drown my stupid sorrows, anyway, it's just giving me my basketballbelly back. I didn't miss that thing! But whenever I gain, especially when I'm stressed, it goes straight to my gut.

The unemployment office says I have to sit by my phone and wait for John to call me. He has not called yet. I can't really go out and do anything constructive, because they said he will only call once and I better be available. I could go out shopping, but I have no money. I even canceled the mortgage paymnet. So I wait, and eat, and wait, and eat, and wait.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #611
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
hey everyone. . Just wanted to check in. . I'm swamped today at work for taking Thursday and Friday off with my stupid back. . but at least I can walk today. . Still sore but nothing like it was. I think 2 more days and I should be able to do something more. I am going to try to walk today after I get out of here. It is beautiful out. . My pedometer is only at 2,900 steps . .I usually have more like 4,000 by now. . I doubt I'll see 10,000 today. .but that's OK. .taking it slow .. I can't even begin to tell you what the scale said this morning. . If my back didn't kill me so much, I would have drop kicked it. .

Anyway. . today I've been an angel. . upped my water. . ate tuna for breakfast. . eerrrg and I'm having Talapia for lunch (and its after 4:00). . .

You guys crack me up and have done amazing things over the weekend. Keep it up. . to all!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #612
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
hey everyone. . Just wanted to check in. . I'm swamped today at work for taking Thursday and Friday off with my stupid back. . but at least I can walk today. . Still sore but nothing like it was. I think 2 more days and I should be able to do something more. I am going to try to walk today after I get out of here. It is beautiful out. . My pedometer is only at 2,900 steps . .I usually have more like 4,000 by now. . I doubt I'll see 10,000 today. .but that's OK. .taking it slow .. I can't even begin to tell you what the scale said this morning. . If my back didn't kill me so much, I would have drop kicked it. .

Anyway. . today I've been an angel. . upped my water. . ate tuna for breakfast. . eerrrg and I'm having Talapia for lunch (and its after 4:00). . .

You guys crack me up and have done amazing things over the weekend. Keep it up. . to all!
No drop kicking the scales until your ortho gives you the all-clear. Please take care of your back!! Prayers going up for you....
Old 06-07-2010, 04:00 PM   #613
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Yam-glad you're back safe and sound---and deleriously happy!! (so can't spell!) And only 3lbs--wow!! I would have been more like 30!!
GT: I KNOW!!! Holy cow!!!! I honestly thought 10-20-30????? Couldn't believe how happy I was for 3. Tomorrow I will be down 3. Back to LC and lovin' it!!!!! you know?????
Old 06-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #614
Blabbermouth!!!

[QUOTE=smallerizing;13564250]Welcome back YamYam! So happy this trip was all you wanted it to be! 3 lbs in NUTHIN darling! I can gain that by walking through the chocolate aisle in the grocery! Now you need a stair stepper and treadmill to keep up the pace you have begun by walking all over Venice!

You got it!!! I'm all over that elliptical in the mornin! but I'm thinkin the same thing. 3 lbs??? not such a big prob!!!! Same for me walking thru the choc aisle!!! lol!! rofl!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 06-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #615
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, Peeps. So, Saturday I will be 56 yrs. old. Geez!!!!!!! How did this happen??? I've been married over 37 years!!!!! And, after this trip to Venezia I feel like a kid. Honestly. Nothing else matters. Just the mushy stuff. Ha!!! Gotta love it!!!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #616
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Oh, Peeps. So, Saturday I will be 56 yrs. old. Geez!!!!!!! How did this happen??? I've been married over 37 years!!!!! And, after this trip to Venezia I feel like a kid. Honestly. Nothing else matters. Just the mushy stuff. Ha!!! Gotta love it!!!!!
Oh! Happy Birthday a bit early! I think I came out of lurk mode while you were away. I have been lurking on this thread for a very long time! I'm 58 and I'm not sure what I thought 58 would feel like, but I feel much younger. At least in spirit!

I am going to be spending 4-6 weeks in Italy next summer! I'm very excited. I sure hope I can do as well as you did with my weight.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #617
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scootergal
Stats: 167/157/135
Start Date: May 23, 2010
Ugh--today has been emotionally difficult for me. I've been Stillmans compliant, but just in general life has been a drudgery and sometimes I feel like the people in my life only have me round to do things for them like I some sort of burro or work animal. Its kinda like I'm a supporting character that gets the stage when someone wants something from them. I often wonder if anyone cares how I feel, as long as I'm a worker drone, life ticks on like clockwork while I'm a productive ghost in everyone's life: seen but not heard.

I guess I feel neglected. sigh. Anyway sorry to be a Debbie Downer. I just get tired of it.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #618
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
hi all just a quick post.. I will spare you the gory details of me falling off the meat wagon and let you know that I'm back on the tuna can.. okay.. pouch LOL! It will take me three days to rid my body of the junk i put in it..damn...me..i know better! Well i love ya all, sorry I can't read all the posts! I have had one heck of a busy day! Until tomorrow!
-Lisa
Old 06-07-2010, 05:36 PM   #619
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Chou! and Bonjourno! I'm back from Venezia!
Welcome back!! We certainly missed you around here. Remember there is a PHOTO section for your account - since you didn't take us with you we need photos!

Sharon
Old 06-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #620
Senior LCF Member

I received the copy of Dr. Stillman's book from Al today I will start scanning it in tonight. It will probably take me 3 days to get it all done. I will let you guys know when I have it in electronic form.

Thanks Al
Old 06-07-2010, 06:06 PM   #621
Senior LCF Member

Another GREAT Reason to Lose Weight!!

For every pound you pledge to lose, General Mills will donate a pound of food to a local food bank!!! I am doing this and hope that many of you will do it as well. The story and the website for more information is below.....

Sharon

"General Mills, NBC's The Biggest Loser's Bob Harper and Feeding America are teaming up to turn on the production line for a huge donation to local food banks. The Biggest Loser's Bob Harper will be traveling with General Mills CEO Ken Powell and Feeding America President/CEO Vicki B. Escarra to General Mills facilities across the country. They will visit the people behind the cereal donation, connect with local food bank employees and encourage Americans to join the cause.

General Mills is increasing its commitment to Feeding America, a partner for nearly 30 years, by ensuring that 49 million bowls of whole grain cereal are donated to Feeding America this year for delivery to local food banks across the country.

New data from the U.S. government shows more than 49 million Americans struggled to get enough to eat at some point in 2008, the highest total in 14 years. This means one in six Americans struggled with hunger.

Last year, General Mills donated $16 million of food to Feeding America, and in the past decade, General Mills product donations have exceeded $168 million dollars.

General Mills CEO Ken Powell, The Biggest Loser's Bob Harper and Feeding America President/CEO Vicki B. Escarra will be traveling to General Mills facilities in Atlanta, Cincinnati, Ohio and Cedar Rapids, Iowa to visit the people behind the cereal donation, connect with local food bank employees and encourage Americans to join the cause.

NBC's The Biggest Loser is in its second year running the Pound For Pound Challenge, a charitable campaign. FFor every pound of weight participants pledge to lose, the Pound For Pound Challenge will donate $0.14 to Feeding America (up to $800,000), enough to deliver one pound of groceries to a local food bank. The Pound For Pound Challenge starts December 8 after the season finale of NBC's The Biggest Loser."

Visit Pound For Pound Challenge to join me and lots of others.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
GT-LOL slack all you want at 65 screw the pension mess! they shoulda asked you first!

Mim-menu rocks-you GO girl!

Go AL GO! What do you marinate with? Floss bikini def 4 U!

Sharon-Mom hit it pretty much on the head. It's really sad when the envies and self esteem issues make people want to mess up someone's attempt at bettering themselves. Owning it makes all the difference. That's why we're here, right?

YAM!!!!! (way to go) strada da percorrere, bellissimo (beautiful)!!!!!!!!!!!!! (welcome home) - benvenuti a casa!!!!!!!!!!!!! (we missed you) - ci sei mancato!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay someone please find out the deal on the grey eggs!!!!!!!!!

Gwn, where ya gonna hide that tuna in a bikini on the Riviera?

Last edited by CCGirl; 06-07-2010 at 06:27 PM..
Old 06-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
True!!
OMG that's what it's been all this time-tell your mom you were preggie when she freaks at your loss!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
hi all just a quick post.. I will spare you the gory details of me falling off the meat wagon and let you know that I'm back on the tuna can.. okay.. pouch LOL! It will take me three days to rid my body of the junk i put in it..damn...me..i know better! Well i love ya all, sorry I can't read all the posts! I have had one heck of a busy day! Until tomorrow!
-Lisa
Girl! You have to get it together. . What do we have to do. .come there and force feed you meat? I am counting on you to help me get to goal. No more screwing around. .no more excuses. .we need to do this and we need to do it now!!! Summer is too close. .We don't want to be big and sweaty . . we want to be thin and Sweetie!! Let's do this. .
Old 06-07-2010, 06:50 PM   #625
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yam: So glad you are back. We really did miss you. . even if we were a bit jealous. .And the weight. .OMG. .3 pounds! you are the queen of all vacations.

Swebb: Thank you for the new challenge. .I'm going to take you up on it. .

Scooter: Ahhh. . I know the feeling all to well. . .make sure you take time to do something nice for yourself. . .and learn to say NO. . Take time out every day and think of all the things you do for others and feel good about it. .then say no to just one. .

Small: Thank you for the advice. .I am starting to feel better and will be back in no time. .I can't afford to be sick for long. .

BBP: Congrats on the negative pregnancy test. . Whew. I bet you were sweating a bit..
Old 06-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #626
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootergal View Post
Ugh--today has been emotionally difficult for me. I've been Stillmans compliant, but just in general life has been a drudgery and sometimes I feel like the people in my life only have me round to do things for them like I some sort of burro or work animal. Its kinda like I'm a supporting character that gets the stage when someone wants something from them. I often wonder if anyone cares how I feel, as long as I'm a worker drone, life ticks on like clockwork while I'm a productive ghost in everyone's life: seen but not heard.

I guess I feel neglected. sigh. Anyway sorry to be a Debbie Downer. I just get tired of it.
I'm sorry you are having a rough time right now. But you are doing one of the best things for yourself by staying on plan. I pray tomorrow will be brighter!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #627
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope I'm done eating for the day: Here's my menu

B - Boiled Egg with 1 cup black coffee and water
S - f1 Can Tuna with celery flakes
L -Salad with 1 cup romain with 1 celery stalk, diced, sprinkled with vinegar
L - Marinated Talapia (Italian) with 2 oz lemon pepper chicken
S - Lemon Pepper Talapia with 1 cup romain lettuce and tomato slice (vinegar)

Wow. .when I type that. it looks like a lot. but in my defense. .I did wake up starving this morning for some reason. .

I have to go get some more fish. . I'm thinking I'm in If anyone has a Kroger. I found the Talapia in the frozen food section (Kroger brand) . . it come in a 12 oz package. .each fillet is individually wrapped . . I got it on sale for 2.99. . I will be all over it the next time it goes on sale. They also have Salmon, Halibut, Roughy. .etc. . but they were a little more pricey. .
Old 06-07-2010, 07:02 PM   #628
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
-Lisa
It's got to be hard being on the road all day.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #629
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

By the way: As a side note. . kids are done with school now so you know what that will do to my grocery bill? OMG. they are going to eat me out of house and home! One of the gals at work gave me an entire bag. (huge) of homemade cookies that were left over. . I immediately put them in my lunch bag so I wouldn't have to stare at them all day and promptly bagged them up in for individual bags for the kids. . OMG> .No Bakes. peanut butter (my favorite !!), chocolate chip and something else that look yummy. I sniffed and I whiffed but I did not even pick a crumb!! Yay me. . I've been very weak lately and this was a huge test for me. I do not doubt, for a minute, that all of them will be gone tomorrow. I just hope I don't sleep-eat tonight!!!

Lisa: How do you do it with the pantry of death? Sweets never last longer than a day in my house so I usually don't have much to worry about. .
Old 06-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #630
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
OMG that's what it's been all this time-tell your mom you were preggie when she freaks at your loss!
You know, I cant remember the last time TOM was around, and my manboobs are a little tender. Hmmmm
Closed Thread