Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 06:20 AM   #571
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning friends! I am feeling great! The heatwave finally broke last night and I feel so much better. I finally have a full on plan day in. Yesterday I had some visitation to do after church and my tuna packets in the car sure saved the day. I was able to get some housework done late in the afternoon and that does wonders for my state of mind. And coming downstairs to a freshly cleaned living room started my day off right.

I had tuna for breakfast and will have some kind of fish for lunch - either tuna or Mahi Mahi. It will be fish for dinner too. I've got the Stillman's spirit!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2010, 06:23 AM   #572
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
So I tried on some bathing suits yesterday and nothing was working out. Gotta get back to 113 when all was good. wish me luck.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:25 AM   #573
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
and my tuna packets in the car sure saved the day. :
WTG! MIM!!! what a coincidence you should mention the tuna! ha!! Good for you!!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:28 AM   #574
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a great day peeps!! Im easing back into the meat thing... marinating steak and grillin up chicken thighs...gonna start with that and hit QWL hard in the next few days....
Old 06-07-2010, 06:59 AM   #575
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

IRELAND NEWS: "Workers expect to labour on past age of retirement," by
Breda Heffernan (_Irish Independnet_ [Dublin], June 2, 2010).
Workers expect to labour on past age of retirement - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie
Ha!! Well I wasn't surveyed!! I def don't intend to keep working after 65!!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:05 AM   #576
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post

(Fast forward....Your friend starting incorporating carbs back...she put on a little weight, her hair started falling out, her allergies are back full force, and shes covered in zits. 12 to be exact.......)
I'm not laughing at you!! But that's too funny about you counting the zits!!
My skin is worse on QWL-really dry and I have blackheads on my nose!! Yeah you would think with all the water I'm drinking it would be crystal clear!! Never get zits cos my skin is too dry.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #577
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Id love to make this my siggy! too funny!!
Oh that siggy is too funny!!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:16 AM   #578
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
hospitalized due to malnutrition
Old 06-07-2010, 07:21 AM   #579
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
You ate a bad egg?
Chomping an egg right now!!!!....and it's all grey around the yolk-hate when that happens!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:23 AM   #580
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I had tuna for breakfast
Old 06-07-2010, 07:25 AM   #581
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
So I tried on some bathing suits yesterday and nothing was working out. Gotta get back to 113 when all was good. wish me luck.
Good luck!!! You don't need it! No1..you'll get back there and No2...you're already great the way you are.

You won't catch me in a bathing suit!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:38 AM   #582
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scootergal
Stats: 167/157/135
Start Date: May 23, 2010
Thanks Aler!

No, I know these are "boring" snacks, not SNACKY snacks. heheh
Old 06-07-2010, 08:02 AM   #583
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Chomping an egg right now!!!!....and it's all grey around the yolk-hate when that happens!
a hate that too!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:02 AM   #584
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Good luck!!! You don't need it! No1..you'll get back there and No2...you're already great the way you are.

awwwww thanks!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 AM   #585
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I have not had a chance to read all the posts since I have been away...can I ask where we are with the book thing? I didn't miss it, did I?
Hi Makeme - Al is sending me the hard copy. I am going to scan it in so that I can send it electronically to whoever wants it. I will let the list know when it''s ready.

Sharon
Old 06-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #586
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
scootergal, BBP and Christine-

Mom has been doing well with the diet but it's these discussions that are really giving her the heads up.
She's almost lost ten pounds in 13 days. (5'7" sw 145 cw 136 small boned) and is plotting her conversion for maintenance when she returns, my copy of DANDR by her side.
The incidents with BBP's mom and scootergal's sister really blew her away. I had to explain to her that low carbers are constantly under attack from the misinformed public and family.
She had the following pearls (of wisdom) to offer: (this is pretty much her typing this now)
When others see you making progress on this diet their defenses comes out. Your determination and results make them realize that they can no longer make excuses for their own heft, i.e. the diets I've tried didn't work, I was at that gathering and I had to eat the meal, dessert, etc. Rather than ackowledging and dealing with their own weight problems they attack others who are losing weight successfully.
Sadly, they need to realize (sp=EU) you can only blame others for so much; then you have to own the rest. Owning it (being fat) is a big step that some can never take. Dodging the issue is far more convenient and does not make them accountable. People are pretty resistant to change, we like to stay where it's comfortable, and being accountable for your weight if it's a problem is not comfortable.

You all prob know all this but after we discussed it I felt we had to share. I don't have any siblings and my fam has been major supportive throughout my whole heavy life.
Great post CCgirl and mom I found in the past that when I was shrinking some of my friends would really try and sabotage my diet - why??? Because they LIKED not being the fattest one in the group Sad, we should ALL be supportive of our friends trying to get healthier.........
Old 06-07-2010, 08:22 AM   #587
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Your not gonna like this but I only have one suggestion....tuna in a pouch..and a plastic fork. stock up. keep em in your desk, your car, your purse!
This is great advice... I have a pouch of tuna in my purse at all times!!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #588
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
a hate that too!
I do too. Does that mean it was cooked for too long?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:32 AM   #589
Senior LCF Member

The scale did not move again today So..... for me at least the addition of more fat and calories did not work. Now I am way behind where I wanted to be

It's turkey and fish for me for the next few days. I am taking all my vitamins daily (Al are you reading this???!) and drinking about 5 liters of water a day. I have cut coffee way down and have a diet coke once or twice a week. I had hoped to be down a total of 50 pounds by June 12th but I am struggling to just lose the 4 pounds I gained by adding more fat and calories (Thanks Jillian Michaels! NOT!!)
Old 06-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #590
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
The scale did not move again today So..... for me at least the addition of more fat and calories did not work. Now I am way behind where I wanted to be

It's turkey and fish for me for the next few days. I am taking all my vitamins daily (Al are you reading this???!) and drinking about 5 liters of water a day. I have cut coffee way down and have a diet coke once or twice a week. I had hoped to be down a total of 50 pounds by June 12th but I am struggling to just lose the 4 pounds I gained by adding more fat and calories (Thanks Jillian Michaels! NOT!!)
Swebb, did I read that upping cals/fat kicked you out of ketosis? If that was you, how is that possible? Did you also up carbs?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:40 AM   #591
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Swebb, did I read that upping cals/fat kicked you out of ketosis? If that was you, how is that possible? Did you also up carbs?

Yep that was me. No I didn't up the carbs so I don't know why I was kicked out of ketosis AND it took me 5 days to get back into ketosis - it normally take me about 3.

I ate hamburger with mustard, bratwurst (0 carbs but LOTS of fat), Italian sausages (0 carbs LOTS of fat) fresh tuna steaks, ribeye with the fat and salmon. No veggies, no fruit........

I am back to tuna and turkey today
Old 06-07-2010, 08:42 AM   #592
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everyone! Finally, after over a week, I am able to change my stats. Down a whole pound from my previous low weight. It took me 6 days to get those 9lbs off, but TOM was here and now gone, so that had something to do with the gain and loss too. This really is the motivation I need to keep on keeping on because I have to admit... while I haven't had any real cravings or withdrawal since my planned cheat last weekend, I have been extremely bored with foods this past week. Like I look at it and I say, "chicken...again" and big sigh. Ha. Last night I had a can of tuna for dinner and it was the low sodium kind, put hot sauce and mustard on it and wasn't even able to choke down the whole can. But I want thin so bad, as long as the scale keeps moving, I'll keep choking down whatever bland foods I need to.

Today is my only day off and I am hopping a bus, with a friend, to Atlantic City. Wish me luck!! I'll have a hard boiled egg before I leave, and bring a pouch of tuna with me... Hopefully I can have dinner when I get home or idk what I will do... maybe another tuna pouch? I originally thought we'd go out for seafood, but so many of those restaurants don't offer the best choices.. most seafood is swimming in butter, or breaded or with pasta... I just don't think I can get something low fat so I'm going to try and avoid it altogether. If she really insists, I will go and either get shrimp cocktail or steamed clams, no butter.

Ladies and gent, summer is just 2 weeks away! Let's really commit to losing a few by then! Or just commit to a new workout routine or something that will make us feel better about ourselves in 2 weeks! My goal is to be 168 by then.
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)

Last edited by GwnStfni; 06-07-2010 at 08:49 AM..
Old 06-07-2010, 08:47 AM   #593
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yep that was me. No I didn't up the carbs so I don't know why I was kicked out of ketosis AND it took me 5 days to get back into ketosis - it normally take me about 3.

I ate hamburger with mustard, bratwurst (0 carbs but LOTS of fat), Italian sausages (0 carbs LOTS of fat) fresh tuna steaks, ribeye with the fat and salmon. No veggies, no fruit........

I am back to tuna and turkey today
That's really insane... You know I didn't even bother to check my ketostix during my cheat weekend and I ate lots of salads... no other veggies... Oh wait then that final day I had a piece of bread and potatoes... yea that definitely kicked me out of ketosis... Even my breath wasn't awful, like it normally is. I really can't believe you got kicked out of ketosis, wow. Well, you know there was a lot of water retention with the sausages... also, I have yet to meet a sausage that is completely 0 carb... most have some sugar in them. But that water retention would be gone by now. I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience but I think it was a good move on your part... even if it did set you back... all of my high fat cheats set me back! Usually by a whole week but I always feel healthier because of them. I hope that scale starts cooperating with you soon... seriously, you're due for a whoosh!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #594
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Bass- stats looking good! Nice whoosh! Sweet!
Thank you. Your so good at dropping weight that you should be at goal by about...what, 3:00 today or so. Then you can go bathing suit buying. Let hubby pick it out, french cut string bikini floss. Thats what I would buy for my wife. Of course she could never wear it out of the house, or in front of DD, or for that matter, in front of the dogs.
I peed on a stick this morning. I was at like the 2nd level of 5, so I'm ketosing right?
Old 06-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #595
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

That might be your birthday present from hubby tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:07 AM   #596
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

swebb, I learned that lesson the hard way myself. But I jumped back on plan and it's working pretty good. In 7 pounds you will be in the countdown stage to onederland. I'm excited for you.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #597
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey everyone! Finally, after over a week, I am able to change my stats. Down a whole pound from my previous low weight. It took me 6 days to get those 9lbs off, but TOM was here and now gone, so that had something to do with the gain and loss too. This really is the motivation I need to keep on keeping on because I have to admit... while I haven't had any real cravings or withdrawal since my planned cheat last weekend, I have been extremely bored with foods this past week. Like I look at it and I say, "chicken...again" and big sigh. Ha. Last night I had a can of tuna for dinner and it was the low sodium kind, put hot sauce and mustard on it and wasn't even able to choke down the whole can. But I want thin so bad, as long as the scale keeps moving, I'll keep choking down whatever bland foods I need to.

Today is my only day off and I am hopping a bus, with a friend, to Atlantic City. Wish me luck!! I'll have a hard boiled egg before I leave, and bring a pouch of tuna with me... Hopefully I can have dinner when I get home or idk what I will do... maybe another tuna pouch? I originally thought we'd go out for seafood, but so many of those restaurants don't offer the best choices.. most seafood is swimming in butter, or breaded or with pasta... I just don't think I can get something low fat so I'm going to try and avoid it altogether. If she really insists, I will go and either get shrimp cocktail or steamed clams, no butter.

Ladies and gent, summer is just 2 weeks away! Let's really commit to losing a few by then! Or just commit to a new workout routine or something that will make us feel better about ourselves in 2 weeks! My goal is to be 168 by then.
Wow Gwn. When is your trip? If you can average 9 pounds every 6 days you should be a lean mean hiking machine in Europe. Are you gonna take pics? I meant of you, but you could throw in some scenery too.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #598
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
Wow Gwn. When is your trip? If you can average 9 pounds every 6 days you should be a lean mean hiking machine in Europe. Are you gonna take pics? I meant of you, but you could throw in some scenery too.
lolol but the 9lbs was all gain from my cheat weekend, so I don't really count it as a true loss. If only I could lose like that, all the time. And I leave August 29th!!!! So I definitely want to be at goal by then... before then, so I can add in some carbs like two weeks prior to leaving... That way my body can bounce back up to what it likely will stay at during the course of the trip. I'd hate to pack clothes that fit me at one weight, only to gain 10lbs as soon as I get to europe and then have tight, uncomfortable clothes for the 6 weeks I'll be there. Ugh.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #599
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Chou! and Bonjourno! I'm back from Venezia!

There is no way I will ever be able to catch up on posts, so here is a big and HI to all the new Stillmanites! And a HUGE congrats to all the LOSERS!!! You are doing great!

My body does not know what time zone to be in! DH and I have been waking up between 2 and 4 AM. We drink coffee w/ hot steamed milk (1%) like we had every morning in Venice. And we watch stupid movies on HBO. lol. yesterday we watched "year one". I think that's the name of it, with Jack Black? Really funny.

I am in the middle of unpacking and doing laundry. Getting back to real life is gonna be a bit tough. I feel like I just got back from a very romantic honeymoon. Still feeling very dreamy.

Had enough nerve to hop on the scale this morning. I gained 3 pounds and I don't feel one smidgeon of guilt! Honestly we ate stuff like lasagna and spaghetti! I thought I would gain 10 pounds!

But, every morning I stuck to eggs and lean ham and coffee w/ steamed milk. I brought Atkin's protein bars for our lunches and sometimes we would have an apple.

Our only big meal every day was dinner and most nights I stuck to fish. Once I had steak and once chicken.

But we walked miles and miles and miles. And, if you have ever been to Venice, you know there are no cars. There ARE 650 bridges! And every one has stairs up one side and down the other. That's the only way to get anywhere unless you take a water bus, water taxi or gondola. But when you get off, you still have to walk and walk.

I think all the exercise saved me from gaining a ton.

OK, anyway!! Long rambling note. I did miss you all but loved having a vacation from the computer!

This week I have to get ready for all my kids and grandkids and grand doggie. They are all coming to spend the week next week.

Saturday is my birthday and I don't have any huge plans except I know my family will have some kind of party. I'll have to let my DD bake a cake, but I promise I'll only eat a few bites!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 06-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #600
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I do too. Does that mean it was cooked for too long?
Yeah!! I was in the shower and left them on long and low. They don't taste as nice either--well I think!
Closed Thread