Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Let's plan to plan this month and lose those pounds! I'm up for a first 10 pound challenge .Anyone else? eating my tuna, drinking my water and running to the bathroom!! I just couldn't catch up with the May Thread. you guys were rocking it this weekend. I was good up until yesterday? Stupid almonds get me every time. I avoided scale today (water/salt). . and will think about it in the morning. .I'm gonna be pure from now on! Wish me luck!
IM - I will take up the 10 pound challenge

I hear ya about the almonds - any type of "snacky" food that is small and left out in plain sight just seems to call .....no SHOUT my name. I have tried to banish all of that type of stuff from the house but with kids and theor friends it's not easy.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Hello friends! I call you all my friends, because I know you. I have been lurking for a very long time. I remember when the thread was not a coherent as it is now and people would come and go. For quite some time now, this thread has been very consistant and great! And I should know, 'cause did I mention - I've been a lurker for a very long time!

I feel like I know you all on a more existential level as well. Our stories are so common. Except you all are far more successful than I have been. Which is part of the reason I have only been lurking - I wasn't sure I could "measure up"! But I am going to do my best!

I started (yet again) today. I am not going to weigh however until Thursday, because I like my weekly weigh in to be on Thursdays. And by then, I will have figured out how to post my stats and get an avatar!

I am a 58 year old grandmother of three, who loves being a grandma! I love it so much that I want to get healthy and watch these amazing babies grow up!
Mim! Glad you came out of lurk mode. There are several of us on the "over 50" club

I think by posting on here it makes the journey so much easier......
Old 06-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #33
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Thanks for the welcomes. I'm looking forward to traveling this path with all of you.

I will post my stats on Thursday. My starting weight will be in the mid 230's is suspect. I have been low carbiing off and on since I was 20. I'm anxious to stop the merry go round!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Molly Bloom
Stats: 280/231/150
WOE: Counting Carbs
Start Date: 03/21/2010
I'm in.

Have a big reunion beginning of September. Have lost about 40 on Atkins since March already. I've already cut out all sugars and starchs so I won't be freaking too much during the beginning. I haven't cheated on the Atkins at all. Still, cutting out the fats will be hard I suspect?

Today I had an omelet with spinach and mushrooms for lunch.

For those experienced how many do not eat any veggies during the first 2 weeks?

I don't know if I can go beyond 14 days, but I will at least commit to the two weeks.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lita's way View Post
hi im2
how much weight can be lost in 1 month with no cheats.
just curious.i started on stillmans on 5-9-10 and have lost about
10 pounds but i havent exactly eaten clean. i want to stay clean
this whole month but i find i get derailed with salads.
lita
welcome Lita! So glad you joined! Stillman says 10% of your total weight in the first week and up to 5 pounds a week after that. I do believe its true if the QWL is followed exactly as written! Be sure to keep us posted!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I'm up for a first 10 pound challenge .Anyone else?
Im in! Of course!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
I think it'd help me to write down my goals for this month here.

Starting weight: 212.6 lbs
Starting waist: 36 inches

1. Lose between 13 and 22 lbs (into onederland, closest to 190 lbs possible)
2. No cheats. If there is any non-Stillman's eating, it must be Atkin's induction friendly/low carb food, and no more than one day of non-Stillman's eating.
3. Vary calories
4. No self-torture by looking at delicious recipes / food I can't eat
5. Get more active.
6. Don't weigh every day. Every 2 days maximum.
7. Log calories, carbs and exercise every day.
Great goals Kam!! You are gonna rock it this month!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
It definitely helps to have them written down, no matter how stupid they may sound to others! Or how small they may be. Like my "no looking at recipes"... It's fairly straight forward and yet I still do it. Need to remind myself not to as it discourages me.
Do you guys get the "Food Network" out there? Its a channel devoted to cooking, food competions, favorite eats, how foods are made, etc.. Its funny, Im the opposite, Kam. I watch it so I dont have to eat.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
(even tho I do know they've done something to those mirrors!)
how many times have I gotten something home and it didnt look ANYTHING like what it did in the store!?!?! Those mirrors are rigged. OR we need to bring one of them home and finally be happy! I like your goals GT! Defintiely sounds like a great plan!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Forever being the word. I swear here and now that I will never ever put that weight on again-and I mean it. I don't ever intend to come back here with like 50 or whatever pounds put back on.....well I don't ever intend to leave...so I'll be kept on track! he! No but I'm serious.
Im serious too!!! Never ever ever leave and gain it back!! But we know secret to never letting it get that bad again!! Whos better than us, peeps!!!?

I am so siked that we have new members that are here to get it done too! I look forward to following all of your progress and watching you get to goal too!!!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 06-01-2010 at 06:24 PM..
Old 06-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Hello friends! I call you all my friends, because I know you. I have been lurking for a very long time. I remember when the thread was not a coherent as it is now and people would come and go. For quite some time now, this thread has been very consistant and great! And I should know, 'cause did I mention - I've been a lurker for a very long time!

I feel like I know you all on a more existential level as well. Our stories are so common. Except you all are far more successful than I have been. Which is part of the reason I have only been lurking - I wasn't sure I could "measure up"! But I am going to do my best!

I started (yet again) today. I am not going to weigh however until Thursday, because I like my weekly weigh in to be on Thursdays. And by then, I will have figured out how to post my stats and get an avatar!

I am a 58 year old grandmother of three, who loves being a grandma! I love it so much that I want to get healthy and watch these amazing babies grow up!
Mim!! Joining us was the best thing you could do for yourself and us!!! I would be nowhere without the love, support, and guidance of this group! We are here for each other through ups and downs of weight and times!! i am so glad you are not in hiding anymore. this is your time to shine and we will help get you through it! Check in often. Ask questions. Welcome aboard!! I look forward to getting to know YOU!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hey everyone. Just a quick check in. Back from the shore and feel like I need a vacation, from that vacation. Too many people!! Ha. Had a great time. Will say, I had a slice of bread yesterday and today and a few roasted potatoes today. Other than that, I have stuck w/ Atkins induction levels and going back on Stillman's tomorrow. I am crazy bloated though and I think TOM is right around the corner, so I would not be surprised if I am up like 10lbs tomorrow!! Eek. Kinda scared to get on the scale but meh... I'm just gonna keep on keeping on.

So... Setting some goals for this month and that is, I would like to weigh 162 by the end of June. so that's 15lbs, plus the weight I just gained, getting that off. Hoping I can reach this goal!

Be back in full force tomorrow, missed you all!!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 06-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Good idea about the starting weight for starting June. 169 for me. Which is sad, it means I didn't lose ANY during that last rotation! So I will need to lose 2 lbs this week to make up for it.

Cheat free should last at least during the month of June. Of course that's easy for me to say, as I rotate to maintenance fat and carbs and back again. I'm committing to being cheat free on MY plan for the month of June, and to losing 10 lbs forever!

Also I'd like to say here, my goal for June for exercise is to do SOMETHING every day. Today was three hours of hauling rocks, but if I do 30 crunches tomorrow, that will be better than nothing!
hey christine!!! 3 hours of hauling rocks!! Whoa! thats ambitious! I was wiped after picking out flowers and bringing them in and out of my car. Didnt even plant them - but its on the plan for tomorrow!!! youve got great goals too! We should all really do some exercise everyday. (but its oh so hard to start!)

Heres to a cheat free month! We can do this!!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I was talking about the "maternity" look yesterday
Im actually quite annoyed that this look is in! I had been wearing maternity tops for the last 5 years and now that I dont need them, they are in.

Everything had to empire for me!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:15 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Gwn oh gwn..... where are you????????
Oh where, Oh where, has our little gwn gone??? miss ya girl!

BRING BASTARDINO BACK!!!

NERMO!!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
you know the ones they make for us so they can attract more attention and having people notice us even more! LOL why do they do that?????
hello fashion bug and lane bryant. used to shop there all the time. where bold is best. yikes. (fashion bug always had a maternity section btw....)
Old 06-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
IM - I will take up the 10 pound challenge
woohoo! Lets do this Sharon!! looks like we're all in!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Bloom View Post

I don't know if I can go beyond 14 days, but I will at least commit to the two weeks.
Welcome Molly! I think you'll be amazed at the results you get from 14 days, and you'll more than likely continue on! I do not eat veggies on QWL, at all, and it's possible to last for weeks and months. Keep us posted on your journey! So glad to have you join!!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:28 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Hey everyone. Just a quick check in. Back from the shore and feel like I need a vacation, from that vacation. Too many people!! Ha. Had a great time. Will say, I had a slice of bread yesterday and today and a few roasted potatoes today. Other than that, I have stuck w/ Atkins induction levels and going back on Stillman's tomorrow. I am crazy bloated though and I think TOM is right around the corner, so I would not be surprised if I am up like 10lbs tomorrow!! Eek. Kinda scared to get on the scale but meh... I'm just gonna keep on keeping on.

So... Setting some goals for this month and that is, I would like to weigh 162 by the end of June. so that's 15lbs, plus the weight I just gained, getting that off. Hoping I can reach this goal!

Be back in full force tomorrow, missed you all!!
Theres the little snaggle tooth!!! Not you Gwn!! I hope you had a blast over the weekend, and if not because of the weather and company, then the slice of bread and potatoes! You are not alone. I am back full force this month and taking you with me!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

sharon- Im headed to the post office tomorrow morning after I drop the kids off!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Molly Bloom
Stats: 280/231/150
WOE: Counting Carbs
Start Date: 03/21/2010
Well, alrighty then. No veggies, it's all meat all the time. Husband is cooking lamb tonight (he's doing this with me).

Damn, I want to break 200 by August. That's my big goal. I want to look amazing the beginning of September.

I'm going to get some non-fat cottage cheese tonight. Everything in the fridge has fat because of Atkins....ACK.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

.....had to change my avi. that tshirt wasn't very flattering..

One last goal for us...CHECK IN DAILY!!!!! see ya tomorrow!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Well, alrighty then. No veggies, it's all meat all the time. Husband is cooking lamb tonight (he's doing this with me).

Damn, I want to break 200 by August. That's my big goal. I want to look amazing the beginning of September.

I'm going to get some non-fat cottage cheese tonight. Everything in the fridge has fat because of Atkins....ACK.
Thats awesome Molly!!! totally cool to have a partner in crime at home! My hubby is forced into it sometimes when all I serve is a plate of meat! he can make his own darn carbs... (Im not really that mean all of the time. )
Old 06-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm in.

Have a big reunion beginning of September. Have lost about 40 on Atkins since March already. I've already cut out all sugars and starchs so I won't be freaking too much during the beginning. I haven't cheated on the Atkins at all. Still, cutting out the fats will be hard I suspect?

Today I had an omelet with spinach and mushrooms for lunch.

Hi Molly - I started Stillman's in March and to date have had ONE 1/2 cup serving of green beans and ONE spinach salad with blue cheese - that's it for veggies
Old 06-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Al - Lady Gaga is scheduled to come to a small venue in Atlanta in April 2011. If you want to head south there's a free place for you to stay with an endless supply of MEAT

Just saying.............

Last edited by swebb; 06-01-2010 at 07:26 PM..
Old 06-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Welcome, Molly, Mim, and Lita! Happy Losing!

It was tougher than I thought it would be to start the Stillman's thing today and I caved and had the dreaded cucumber. Must have been Nermo's bad example. Actually I'm not gonna apologize, I had two of them in the fridge and I'm tired of watching veggies and fruit rot while the carboholics in the house can't put together their own food! The bananas are untouched, I will let them rot in peace.

Menu:
B Coffee with a splash of coconut milk, 1 oz. chicken tenderloin
L 2 oz chicken tenderloin, pickled egg
D 2 oz chicken tenderloin, pickled egg
Calories, 379
Old 06-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

My menu today:

B: 7 oz Hamburger/Sausage mix drained and rinsed
L: 7 oz Sirloin
S: 1 Tuna in a pouch
D: 8 oz Tuna - Grilled with Wasabi

LOTS of water - it was hot and humid and I remembered to take my vitamins

Still feeling bloated for the 3 days of high fat so not much appetite today. Hoping the WHOOSH Fairy visits all of us tonight

Last edited by swebb; 06-01-2010 at 07:41 PM..
Old 06-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Hi everyone! Well i got off on the wrong side of the low carb bed today... darn doughnuts! So today was a total waste! I have my tuna packets out and in sight along with my water ready too! All I need to do is grab and go! I'm going to see how many days in a row i can eat tuna for at least two meals! I need to lose the 6 pounds i put bk on during vacation. My face looks all bloated and i feel horrible!!! My fault for jumping off the meat wagon! LOL well we have horrible storms going on here so i will let u all go! have a good night!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:07 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
Hi everyone! Well i got off on the wrong side of the low carb bed today... darn doughnuts! So today was a total waste! I have my tuna packets out and in sight along with my water ready too! All I need to do is grab and go! I'm going to see how many days in a row i can eat tuna for at least two meals! I need to lose the 6 pounds i put bk on during vacation. My face looks all bloated and i feel horrible!!! My fault for jumping off the meat wagon! LOL well we have horrible storms going on here so i will let u all go! have a good night!
I cannot have that stuff in my house......ugh! You will do great tomorrow - you are prepared! Please send some of those storms this way to cool things off!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
My menu today:

B: 7 oz Hamburger/Sausage mix drained and rinsed
L: 7 oz Sirloin
S: 1 Tuna in a pouch
D: 8 oz Tuna - Grilled with Wasabi

LOTS of water - it was hot and humid and I remembered to take my vitamins

Still feeling bloated for the 3 days of high fat so not much appetite today. Hoping the WHOOSH Fairy visits all of us tonight
Whoah! When you say "tuna" you must mean fresh tuna, and grilling it with wasabi, YUM! I make a rare Ahi steak crusted with sesame and wasabi, but seeds are "out" on Stillman's. Thanks for the vitamin reminder....:blush:
Closed Thread