Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 12:40 AM   #541
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
<----------- doesn't Kitty look like she's getting ready to dive into a big huge meal. . like a giant steak followed by a side O Chicken? MMmmmmmmmmm .
I know I am a little late to comment on this post but I have to say I nearly peed my pants when I first read it...so funny!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2010, 12:50 AM   #542
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I started taking Biotin after someone on this board suggested it. I have never, ever been able to grow fingernails.. But now. . I can! Go figure. .supposed to be good for your hair, too. .
I'm going to look in to Biotin...don't know much about it or what it is.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:01 AM   #543
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I've been reading again and just wanted to pass this on!

News about Endometriosis: you may be able to prevent it by eating right. Getting plenty of foods high in Omega-3 Fatty acids, such as TUNA or salmon can decrease your risk by 22 percent while chowing down on foods high in trans fat can increase your chances by as much as 48 percent. . .

So. .gals.. I think we picked the right diet.. Eat your Tuna!!!! (And take your vitamins. .) Have you taken yours today? I have a reminder set up so I take mine with lunch. . do it.. it works and your body will thank you later for it!
I have suspected Endometriosis. I was given the choice of a key hole op or the pill (which I had never taken), I chose the latter because I did not want the op. However I did not take the pill in the end and just get on with the symptoms which Strangely have been better over the last couple of months. I recently heard that there is a new way to detect and treat Endometriosis that does not require going though the tummy but I don't know much about it.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:06 AM   #544
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Oh, I know what's happening to you -- you are at that baby-loving phase after having children but before grandchildren!!
Thanks

Last edited by makemeslim; 06-07-2010 at 01:07 AM..
Old 06-07-2010, 01:22 AM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

Double post

Last edited by makemeslim; 06-07-2010 at 01:46 AM..
Old 06-07-2010, 01:24 AM   #546
Major LCF Poster!

tripple post

Last edited by makemeslim; 06-07-2010 at 01:46 AM..
Old 06-07-2010, 01:29 AM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
She is beautiful! She looks like a model, only prettier! Great eyes!
Thank you, I will tell her you said that...she really does not see it herself.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:12 AM   #548
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
ERROR CONTROL IS THE ESSENCE OF WEIGHT CONTROL

The Magic Bullet for Error Control: "The first thing to do after making a mistake is to stop it as soon as you can. Contain the mistake before it turns into an overwhelming series of mistakes...Instead of saying, 'I blew it' say 'Stop now.'...The overwhelming majority of my clients who have made one or two errors during the week but cut them off quickly still lose weight (Yay!) ...That's why it's so important to change your self-talk after an eating mistake...The longer you persist in your eating mistake -- the more chain-eating you do -- the harder it will be to get back on track" (106).

The 24-Hour Secret: "Most people who make a diet mistake will continue the pattern for the rest of the day! I call this the 'slip to sleep' syndrome...If you make a conscious, focused effort not to fall into the pattern for the rest of the day and into the next, the temptation to cheat passes. With good strategy, you can immediately cut it off! You can get through this manageable period of time and make the cheating an isolated event. You end the cycle of bingeing from day to day, avert chain-eating, and do not gain weight from your slips. And that is the 24-Hour Secret" (107).

From Slip to Sleep: The Critical Period: "The essence of weight control is error control, and the essence of error control is managing the period from slip to sleep. If you have success in this short but crucial period, you will have success in getting to yoru optimal weight...Here's the core strategy my clients have found works best during this time:
*Write out what you will eat for the rest of the day, meals as well as snacks. THis is the most successful strategy. Push yourself; force yourself to make this menu.
*Write out tomorrow's menu as well
*Do a brief mental rehersal (explained later) to desensitize you to tohe power of any tempting food before you even encounter it
*Use diversion...Avoid boredom at all costs!
*Commit to the menu you've written, from tht point until you go to bed
(107 -109)
Thank for this. I wil be using this stratergy from here on!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:15 AM   #549
Major LCF Poster!

I have not had a chance to read all the posts since I have been away...can I ask where we are with the book thing? I didn't miss it, did I?
Old 06-07-2010, 03:36 AM   #550
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rienda View Post
Well done, both for staying on plan at the restaurant (something I've yet to do!) and for not getting drawn in to an argument with your sister. Giving her a visual as you shrink will give her the opportunity to re-think her notions about what is healthy.
I second that!
Old 06-07-2010, 04:39 AM   #551
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scootergal
Stats: 167/157/135
Start Date: May 23, 2010
Well I did my AM weigh in and I am down another half pound, even after going to restaurants 2 days in a row. My job for the week is to look for Stillman snacks--things I can eat that are quck, small and faithful to the diet. Any recipe suggestions for snacks?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:10 AM   #552
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
scootergal, BBP and Christine-

Mom has been doing well with the diet but it's these discussions that are really giving her the heads up.
She's almost lost ten pounds in 13 days. (5'7" sw 145 cw 136 small boned) and is plotting her conversion for maintenance when she returns, my copy of DANDR by her side.
The incidents with BBP's mom and scootergal's sister really blew her away. I had to explain to her that low carbers are constantly under attack from the misinformed public and family.
She had the following pearls (of wisdom) to offer: (this is pretty much her typing this now)
When others see you making progress on this diet their defenses comes out. Your determination and results make them realize that they can no longer make excuses for their own heft, i.e. the diets I've tried didn't work, I was at that gathering and I had to eat the meal, dessert, etc. Rather than ackowledging and dealing with their own weight problems they attack others who are losing weight successfully.
Sadly, they need to realize (sp=EU) you can only blame others for so much; then you have to own the rest. Owning it (being fat) is a big step that some can never take. Dodging the issue is far more convenient and does not make them accountable. People are pretty resistant to change, we like to stay where it's comfortable, and being accountable for your weight if it's a problem is not comfortable.

You all prob know all this but after we discussed it I felt we had to share. I don't have any siblings and my fam has been major supportive throughout my whole heavy life.

Last edited by CCGirl; 06-07-2010 at 05:11 AM..
Old 06-07-2010, 05:32 AM   #553
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Well ouch!! I just told a coworker that I thought I might have stomach flu tomorrow.(he!).....and she goes you'll have to use a different excuse tho cos nobody will believe you....you don't eat!! Hmmmm!!!! and
Old 06-07-2010, 05:34 AM   #554
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
I was thinking (as you do!) is someone trying to tell us we spend waaay too much time on LCF---with so many of us having laptop problems!!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 05:48 AM   #555
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
The Ketostix showed that I am FINALLY back in ketosis.
you guys are making me want to get those stixs!!
Old 06-07-2010, 05:52 AM   #556
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Feeling a little better today . not soo many spasms . .plus I'm sick of being down and out. . So instead I'm forcing myself to get moving. . Hopefully that will make it feel better.
How are you today, IM2????? All better, I hope!
Old 06-07-2010, 05:55 AM   #557
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

these just in...

Blacksmith Brands Announces Nationwide Voluntary Recall Of Four PediaCare Children's Products
Fri, 28 May 2010 15:49:00 -0500

Blacksmith Brands, Inc., in consultation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, is voluntarily recalling all lots of four children's products in the PediaCare line. These products are sold exclusively in the United States.

IRELAND NEWS: "Workers expect to labour on past age of retirement," by
Breda Heffernan (_Irish Independnet_ [Dublin], June 2, 2010).
Workers expect to labour on past age of retirement - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

"Calcium tied to prostate cancer in Chinese men," by Frederik Joelving
(Reuters Health, June 1, 2010).
Reuters Health Information (2010-06-01): Calcium tied to prostate cancer in Chinese men

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow." -Larry the Cable Guy

PENNSYLVANIA NEWS: "Pa. teacher pension blowup: Retirement fund is coming up
way short," by Dan Berrett (_Pocono Record_, June 2, 2010).
Pa. teacher pension blowup: Retirement fund is coming up way short | PoconoRecord.com
Old 06-07-2010, 05:58 AM   #558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Well ouch!! I just told a coworker that I thought I might have stomach flu tomorrow.(he!).....and she goes you'll have to use a different excuse tho cos nobody will believe you....you don't eat!! Hmmmm!!!! and
hospitalized due to malnutrition
Old 06-07-2010, 06:02 AM   #559
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootergal View Post
She took shots at me all thru dinner.
Sorry about your sister scooter. You dont have to worry about what anyone says. As the good doctor would say, the fact that we are carrying extra fat on us is unhealthy and we must get rid of it as quickly as possible. Tell her your friend ate strictly meat for 9 months, not one veggie, and she was never in better shape or health in all of her life. Hair, skin, nails, were shiny, growing, and no longer dry. Complexion was flawless, and over 70 pounds of fat was gone.

(Fast forward....Your friend starting incorporating carbs back...she put on a little weight, her hair started falling out, her allergies are back full force, and shes covered in zits. 12 to be exact.......)

better yet, don't say anything at all. Take care of yourself and as you become the healthy thin woman you deserve and WILL be, she will probably end up following in your footsteps!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:04 AM   #560
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
Yes, thats littlebassplayer.
OH!! What a cutie!!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:07 AM   #561
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
My mom calls me almost daily just to see what I've eaten. I have to lie and think up junk to get her to be quiet. She sabotages me by stopping by to take me to lunch. I'm like you, I hold it in but it's hard.
Moms just have to do their duty to make sure their kids are ok. Next time she takes you out, get her to buy you a big steak! She wont worry when she sees you chowing down... and you will still lose weight!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:09 AM   #562
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnywannabe View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and I am starting on the Stillman diet tomorrow. I have been on Atkins for almost a month and have not seen any significant results. While doing research as to what I was doing wrong I stumbled upon the Stillman Diet which I had not heard of. Reading your posts is very encouraging to me and I hope to be posting successful progress reports soon
skinny!!!! So glad you jumped on the losing train!! The first fews days can be a shock to the system and a test of sheer willpower, but you can do it! Keep us posted!!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:12 AM   #563
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
He's coming to see me for my Bday!!)
THAT IS SO AWESOME GT!!!! I was going to ask you the other day what your bday plans were but i held back because I didnt want you missin the family or your man. Im so happy he's coming. What a great guy!!! Perhaps instead of calling in sick, you could just try to schedule it? Its sorta a family emergency, right?
Old 06-07-2010, 06:13 AM   #564
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
You ate a bad egg?

Come on folk, we need to help GT out! We can come up with the perfect malady, for which the remedy is time spent with her future hubby!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:15 AM   #565
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I have not had a chance to read all the posts since I have been away...can I ask where we are with the book thing? I didn't miss it, did I?
its gonna take a while....you didnt miss it!!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:15 AM   #566
Blabbermouth!!!

Bass- stats looking good! Nice whoosh! Sweet!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:17 AM   #567
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootergal View Post
Well I did my AM weigh in and I am down another half pound, even after going to restaurants 2 days in a row. My job for the week is to look for Stillman snacks--things I can eat that are quck, small and faithful to the diet. Any recipe suggestions for snacks?
Your not gonna like this but I only have one suggestion....tuna in a pouch..and a plastic fork. stock up. keep em in your desk, your car, your purse!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:18 AM   #568
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
When others see you making progress on this diet their defenses comes out. Your determination and results make them realize that they can no longer make excuses for their own heft, i.e. the diets I've tried didn't work, I was at that gathering and I had to eat the meal, dessert, etc. Rather than ackowledging and dealing with their own weight problems they attack others who are losing weight successfully.
Sadly, they need to realize (sp=EU) you can only blame others for so much; then you have to own the rest. Owning it (being fat) is a big step that some can never take. Dodging the issue is far more convenient and does not make them accountable. People are pretty resistant to change, we like to stay where it's comfortable, and being accountable for your weight if it's a problem is not comfortable.
really good stuff. your Mom should sign up! We could really use her!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:19 AM   #569
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Old 06-07-2010, 06:20 AM   #570
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
"Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow." -Larry the Cable Guy
Id love to make this my siggy! too funny!!
Closed Thread