Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 04:57 AM   #511
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scootergal
Stats: 167/157/135
Start Date: May 23, 2010
This weekend has been a diet no where's land for me. All things considered, it could have been a disaster, but don't worry I didn't go crazy.

Yesterday I went to a restaraunt to celebrate my dad's birthday and they had a low carb menu so I was able to eat. They were also kind enugh to totally overcook it into mediocrity so I only ate some of the meat anyway.

My sister is very obese and has fatty liver disease. She took shots at me all thru dinner. Now even before I lost some weight I wasn't exactly her size (she's about 250 and 5'2"), nonetheless she made fun of Stillmans and the fact I was on it. I had explained to her the limits of the menu and anything I tried to eat it was like (sarcasm) "Gee can you eat that on your weirdo diet?"
"No vegetables?!? yeah that's some healthy diet alright, you'll probably end up sick" etc. I didn't respond to it even though there were plenty of opportunities.

Oh well I'll never understand her. I hope if she sees some good weight loss, maybe she'll pull it together and decide to do it too. Its not like she has a choice. The doctor was pretty clear about that.

Goals for the week of 6/6: Stay Pure to Stillman's! Get below 155 by Thursday morning with a goal of 5 lbs this week. Drink more water.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2010, 06:41 AM   #512

Gallery: rienda
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootergal View Post
This weekend has been a diet no where's land for me. All things considered, it could have been a disaster, but don't worry I didn't go crazy.

Yesterday I went to a restaraunt to celebrate my dad's birthday and they had a low carb menu so I was able to eat. They were also kind enugh to totally overcook it into mediocrity so I only ate some of the meat anyway.

My sister is very obese and has fatty liver disease. She took shots at me all thru dinner. Now even before I lost some weight I wasn't exactly her size (she's about 250 and 5'2"), nonetheless she made fun of Stillmans and the fact I was on it. I had explained to her the limits of the menu and anything I tried to eat it was like (sarcasm) "Gee can you eat that on your weirdo diet?"
"No vegetables?!? yeah that's some healthy diet alright, you'll probably end up sick" etc. I didn't respond to it even though there were plenty of opportunities.

Oh well I'll never understand her. I hope if she sees some good weight loss, maybe she'll pull it together and decide to do it too. Its not like she has a choice. The doctor was pretty clear about that.

Goals for the week of 6/6: Stay Pure to Stillman's! Get below 155 by Thursday morning with a goal of 5 lbs this week. Drink more water.
Well done, both for staying on plan at the restaurant (something I've yet to do!) and for not getting drawn in to an argument with your sister. Giving her a visual as you shrink will give her the opportunity to re-think her notions about what is healthy.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:55 AM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lorij1984
thanx for the welcome...!
Old 06-06-2010, 07:19 AM   #514
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hey peeps. Sorry my laptop broke down on me. I can hardly write on my phone and the screen is tiny. Anyway i have been fighting cravings all week and not doing so well without your support guys. My computer should be back by the end of the week.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:37 AM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Aler-- Why don't you try Halibut. It doesnt smell that fishy to me and with spices, you can do a lot with it. It has a mild taste too (IMO)

Have a birthday dinner to attend so yikes, gotta be careful
I stand by my Talapia. . love it. .love it. .I have 2 big pans marinating in Lemon/Pepper and Zesty Italian just waiting to be grilled! MMMmmm
Old 06-06-2010, 07:42 AM   #516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hey peeps. Sorry my laptop broke down on me. I can hardly write on my phone and the screen is tiny. Anyway i have been fighting cravings all week and not doing so well without your support guys. My computer should be back by the end of the week.
Looking forward to it, Nermo. .Just tune in and you can write more when you get your laptop..
Old 06-06-2010, 07:45 AM   #517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can't believe it's Sunday already. . My weekend was pretty much spent in bed and laying around. . I even feel all squishy.. Didn't eat too much but I still weigh the same. Probably my lack of water. I was afraid to drink too much because I could barely make it to the bathroom. Feeling a little better today . not soo many spasms . .plus I'm sick of being down and out. . So instead I'm forcing myself to get moving. . Hopefully that will make it feel better. I only have 2 muscle relaxers left so I'll have to go to the darn Doc if I don't feel better.. And. .you all know how I hate going there! Plus. . I don't think there is much they can do. . He'll probably tell me. .if you would lose a little weight. . Ugg. . the evils of being fat! O well. .
Old 06-06-2010, 07:49 AM   #518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So you guys have had a busy weekend, I see! Welcome everyone!

Scooter: I have to comment . families can be so unbelievable at times. You need to stand your ground and do what you think is right. I have a size 2 sister . . who does the same crap to me and a mother who is overweight and continuously takes shots at me. I'm not kidding. . every time I see her. . her first question is. . How much do you Weigh now? If I'm losing weight. then I get. . you look sick. .. . I can't win. . I really think it boils down to jealousy. Kudos to you for not giving them anything to shoot back at ya. . When I find myself in a group. .instead of explaining I'm on a diet. . I just say I have sugar issues. .not really lying cuz I do have issues with sugar and it usually shuts them up.. Considering it is your family, it might be more difficult but its worth a shot. .
Old 06-06-2010, 07:52 AM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wowsers! 2 Cups of coffee and I'm finally done reading! Way to stay accountable, peeps! It is so nice to know I always have this forum to come back to no matter what I've done to myself. . I'm putting on the pedometer and taking my chances today. . Have a great meat filled Sunday!
Old 06-06-2010, 08:19 AM   #520
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Too sweet!! Thanks--that really made my morning!!!

Is that your daughter? Now she's a real cutie!!!
Awesome.
Yes, thats littlebassplayer.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #521
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

My mom calls me almost daily just to see what I've eaten. I have to lie and think up junk to get her to be quiet. She sabotages me by stopping by to take me to lunch. I'm like you, I hold it in but it's hard.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:27 AM   #522
Senior LCF Member

A small whoosh today -2.2 pounds. Down to 197. Hopefully in onederland forever now.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:48 AM   #523
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scootergal
Stats: 167/157/135
Start Date: May 23, 2010
Thanks everyone.

Im2--I have heard that but never tried Tilapia. I think this week I'll give it a whirl.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
A small whoosh today -2.2 pounds. Down to 197. Hopefully in onederland forever now.

WHOO HOO - all fingers, toes and paws are crossed for you here
Old 06-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #525
Senior LCF Member

No loss today but no gain either. I sooo want my first 2 weeks on Stillman's back
Old 06-06-2010, 11:55 AM   #526
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I only have 2 muscle relaxers left so I'll have to go to the darn Doc if I don't feel better.. And. .you all know how I hate going there! Plus. . I don't think there is much they can do. . He'll probably tell me. .if you would lose a little weight. . Ugg. . the evils of being fat! O well. .
IM - here is something that helps my back (my doctor suggested it). If you have a chair with arms, lie on the floor - on your back and put your legs over the arm of the chair stay in that position for 10 - 15 minutes. Do this several times during the day. If you feel sharp pain - STOP.

I hope you find relief soon - back pain sucks
Old 06-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/178/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
I just thought I would post part of an article I just read.......

This is from research done at the University of Cordoba in Spain. The lead researcher is Joaquin Perez-Guisado, Ph.D.

Fish is a known depression buster, a brain food, a heart protector and helps fight things like Parkinson's disease.
I better get me some of that tilapia on sale at Food Lion. I'm in a depression binge, for no earthly reason. All that good loss, clothes fit better, etc. will not deter me from eating junk.

Im2, I didn't read all the pages I missed but I see you are having back problems Use cold and hot compresses 10 min each, alternating. You can make a hot pack out of a tube sock filled with rice, just microwave it a couple minutes and it will provide moist heat. Take an anti-inflamatory like ibuprofen, naproxen, or even aspirin, but not on an empty stomach. A good chiropractor has been great for me, but a bad one is #@$%#&* so don't go unless you have a really good recommendation or have seen one in the past.

As for your weight, think how bad it would have been if you were the size you used to be! Skinny people throw their backs out, too. You are perfect the way you are, only I will pray for your back because I know how bad that is!!
Old 06-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #528
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: skinnywannabe
Stats: 151/147.2/130
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 6/7/2010
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and I am starting on the Stillman diet tomorrow. I have been on Atkins for almost a month and have not seen any significant results. While doing research as to what I was doing wrong I stumbled upon the Stillman Diet which I had not heard of. Reading your posts is very encouraging to me and I hope to be posting successful progress reports soon
Old 06-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #529
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! Just a quick hello!!
Hi Skinnywannabe! (cool name!) You'll do well on Stillman's--keep it "clean and lean" and the pounds and inches will melt off!
Bigbass--Your daughter is adorable-and wearing pink too! (a girl after my own heart!) Congrats on the loss too!
Im2-I'm glad your feeling slightly better--I hope the pain goes quick tho. Oh and love the "sugar issues"!! I do too-it makes me gain!!!
Christine--keep your chin up, girl. I know it's not easy but eating junk will only make you feel worse in the long-term. I know, you know that already. Try doing like the commandments and do something nice for yourself that doesn't involve food. I hate that you're feeling down. You were so good to me when I was.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #530
Big Yapper!!!!

Peeps I am one happy chick!!----Do I have the best hubby (to be) or what?? Yes peeps I do!!! He's coming to see me for my Bday!! He can only get Tuesday off so he's coming on the late flight after work tomorrow, and has to go back on the 6oclock morning one on Wednesday------but that's all of Tuesday together!! Yay!!! I seriously can't wait!!!!
It was a surprise-he just said oh and by the way, I'll see you tomorrow-I was like, what?!!!! I love him!! Now I'm just wondering if I should pull a sickie on Tuesday--would that be very baaad?? He!!!! Hmmmm think I can feel a 24hr tummy bug coming!!
Ok going to do my fake tan etc!! Well a girl's gotta make an effort!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #531
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Christine--keep your chin up, girl. I know it's not easy but eating junk will only make you feel worse in the long-term. I know, you know that already. Try doing like the commandments and do something nice for yourself that doesn't involve food. I hate that you're feeling down. You were so good to me when I was.
Well, that was a revelation!! I tried thinking about something I could do that doesn't involve food, and it involved money!! That's what I'm depressed about after all. Shoot. Knew there was a reason! Okay, I know the money thing is temporary. I set records in my laid-off job, so I know I can get something again, even if the economy is crummy. I'm sure we won't starve. (I personally can live off my fat for 7.3 months.) Now I gotta pull myself out of this black funk and get looking good for those job interviews! I'm going to try to do that thing about not falling into the slip-to-sleep thinking, but it's hard. Yeah, being fat is harder. Something deep inside me says that I don't care if I'm a blob. But I do. Really. Maybe after I get rid of these jelly beans I can think more clearly.:blush:
Old 06-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Now I'm just wondering if I should pull a sickie on Tuesday--would that be very baaad?? He!!!! Hmmmm think I can feel a 24hr tummy bug coming!!
Ok going to do my fake tan etc!! Well a girl's gotta make an effort!!!
YAY! But I am SO sorry that you are not feeling well Maybe you will be better by Wednesday
Old 06-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Hi all-I'm on page 9 so bear with me. Mom's on the phone with her DH so I have time to catch up!

GT-our UK girls maybe should have read our Euro girlz? Didn't mean to leave you out!

Welcome to more newbies, we all rock!

BBP lots of water with sausage-tons of salt. Do men retain water?

Al-maintenence cocktails-where would we be without them?

Sharon- good luck with the cals/fat cycling but I've read it's BS-for you I def hope NOT

Smaller-I hear you with the attic shop-I have to bust out all my size L tops that were too small and Mom's pissed cuz she bot me tons of Lauren tops XL and now they swim!

back to the posts, have a blessed evening!
Old 06-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I guess I will have to do them in the backyard so I dont soak the bathroom. Hope I dont hit my dogs. Anyway, outdoor peeing is the best. So many targets.
LMAO just like my DH...the world is my urinal...
Old 06-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
Start Date: May 18th 2010
I can't catch up on posts right now as my laptop has gone caput and I'm on my flatmate's. Needless to say, I've had a stressful weekend. An essay for university due in on Wednesday with no laptop to write it, TOM (which has gone haywire as I had it less than 2 weeks ago), and no access to you guys who keep me going strong. This hasn't been good for my eating. I wanted to nip it in the bud yesterday, but my bad eating continued to today too. But tomorrow I will be back on track. On the bright side, it was low carb binging, and I didn't dive in head first into carbs. I expect my carbs were under 50 both today and yesterday. I don't even want to imagine the fat and calories though. I'm expecting a gain on Tuesday. Nevermind. Onwards and downwards on the scale. I won't be able to check in as much with my laptop out of service. I will catch up soon though.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My mom calls me almost daily just to see what I've eaten. I have to lie and think up junk to get her to be quiet. She sabotages me by stopping by to take me to lunch. I'm like you, I hold it in but it's hard.
BBP Mom read your post and had some interesting analogies...is your Mom overweight?
Old 06-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #537
Senior LCF Member

Thank you GT and swebb. I hope there is enough cushion now so if there is another gain I wont hit 200.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #538
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
BBP Mom read your post and had some interesting analogies...is your Mom overweight?
Yes, I would say about 5'5" or 5'6" and around 230, 240.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #539
Senior LCF Member

GT -- definitely make the most of your time with that sweet man of yours! What a nice surprise!

CC -- So your mom is not happy that your are LOSING? Tell her that buying the tops was exactly the karma needed for you to lose! I always say, "Whatever you're prepared for won't happen." You and your mom prepared for you to stay "extra large." See? It worked the way it's supposed to.

Menu today:
Censored due to high carb content
Old 06-07-2010, 12:10 AM   #540
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi peeps! A quick hello! Menu yesterday was 2HB eggs and 14oz chick--same old, same old!! And exercise was 2hrs on the bike. Didn't weigh this morning--tomorrow!!! Gonna be another lovely day! Yay!
Kamills-sorry about the laptop trouble (I can relate!)
Christine-today's a new day--and there'll be no carbs on the menu--deal???
CC-hi!--keep on reading!
Ok back to work!-think my coffee's got cold!
Closed Thread