Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 02:28 PM   #481
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
now Im having deja vu!

when is your weigh in? Im rooting for ya!
Yeah my menu's exactly the same--for days!!!....Hmm was thinking Tuesday...maybe my Bday gift to myself will be to be 126!!!! Here's hoping!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2010, 02:29 PM   #482
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
Same with mine. I never get it right.
Ive tried the go to bed hungry routine, but I have to give them what they want come breakfast. Im weak.. If I let it go to lunch is it abuse? These kids are so darn stubborn. Sometimes I get them to try things if I offer up ice cream, but I hate to put dessert as a reward. sigh... dont want them to end up like me!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #483
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Yeah my menu's exactly the same--for days!!!....Hmm was thinking Tuesday...maybe my Bday gift to myself will be to be 126!!!! Here's hoping!!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #484
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Speaking of drunk GT, I was reading a website about Irish quotes, man, yall make fun of yourselves a lot. I'll give one quote I thought was funny (and clean). "My mothers menu consisted of two choices, take it or leave it". I'm curious, do you speak gaelic?
Yeah that was pretty much my Mum's mantra too!!! We don't take ourselves too seriously!
Yup I do speak it! We call it irish, not gaelic! We all have to learn it in school anyway and take it as a subject in the Leaving Certificate (end of high-school exams). But there are places where it really is the everyday language-I live about 20mins from there!!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #485
Blabbermouth!!!

so I never noticed it before, but the prayer smilies lips were moving after I hit submit...now they stopped..that was freaky..

I have to try again...ignore me..

Old 06-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #486
Blabbermouth!!!

They do pray..and then stop...you have to do it..
Old 06-05-2010, 02:35 PM   #487
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Ive never seen Orange Roughy in the store
I've never even heard of it!!!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:35 PM   #488
Blabbermouth!!!

and then they pray again if you hit refresh!

this keeps getting better and better!

Old 06-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #489
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I need to adopt that! My kids have me wrapped around their fingers! I often wonder why I ask them what they want. Oh I know why, if I surprise them with my own ideas they will starve themselves.
Oh yeah--no irish Mother would ever ask their kids what they wanted for dinner--ya eat what's put in front of ya!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #490
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Fatty fish typically are cold-water fish. You have many good choices when it comes to fatty fish. The American Dietetic Association recommends:

* Salmon
* Tuna
* Trout
* Herring
* Sardines
* Mackerel
Oh sardines
Old 06-05-2010, 02:42 PM   #491
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
so I never noticed it before, but the prayer smilies lips were moving after I hit submit...now they stopped..that was freaky..

I have to try again...ignore me..

I'm trying it! Mine don't move!!! Oh freaky!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #492
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
They do pray..and then stop...you have to do it..
It didn't work!!! I'm a good irish catholic girl----mine should work!!! no!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:45 PM   #493
Big Yapper!!!!

My laughing one laughs. I wish the frown moved--you know like got a sulky face!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #494
Big Yapper!!!!

no mine's praying silently to herself!! Maybe she's a nun in an order with a vow of silence!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #495
Blabbermouth!!!

yup. mine move. even when i click advanced. lips move quick and then it stops.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #496
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
no mine's praying silently to herself!! Maybe she's a nun in an order with a vow of silence!!!
They probably dont have anything to pray for. They look at you and say to themselves "she's already young, slim, and attractive, oh....and Irish" Oh yeah, and she has the best friends out there
Old 06-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #497
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
They probably dont have anything to pray for. They look at you and say to themselves "she's already young, slim, and attractive, oh....and Irish" Oh yeah, and she has the best friends out there
Oh heck yeah Bass!!!! You are the man!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #498
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm heading out for the evening and have a full day planned tomorrow....may the force of Stillmans be with you all...

I will leave you with Thin Commandment #8. We will have a full discussion when I return. Well that was dumb. Start discussing NOW!
Old 06-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #499
Blabbermouth!!!

Thin Commandment #8, originally posted by princess daisy

Thin Commandment #8: Stop Feeling Deprived

Commandment Essentials:
*Change your mindset -- not just your eating habits
*Learn to Thinspeak (supporting yourself with motivational, not demoralizing, words)
*Reward yourself with a new outfit or piece of jewelry instead of food
*Let your old trigger foods go, and embrace the delicious foods that won't put you at war with yourself
*Remember, thin tastes better
*Record and then regularly listen to an empowerment tape to help you think and feel like a weight-control winner
(120)

"Call it 'diet burnout' or whatever you want, but...with success at hand, many people find themselves saying, 'I don't feel like doing this anymore. I'm missing out on the fun. It's not fair. Everybody else is eating out.'...Part of the reason that accomplished and successful [people]...falter and return to self-defeating eating patterns is b/c although they've lost the weight many times, they've never changed their thinking. Dieting is a pain-motivated goal. We go on diets b/c we're unhappy, but as soon as we drop a few pounds, we become happier and motivation fades. But that's only half the story. We might all rally a little more motivation and commitment, and we might stick with our diets till the end if only -- if only we didn't feel we were missing something" (121 - 122).

"It's basic: When something gives us pleasure, we want to return to it again and again. In this way, we're no different from any creature in the animal kingdom. This is the pleasure principle that pushes human behavior on the most fundamental level. But we do have one advantage -- an intervening variable -- the ability to be aware of the cost and consequences of our choices...The ultimate decision to eat or not eat is always yours [so]...the state of deprivation may be a myth, but the feeling is very real. What many people don't realize is that it's also a learned response. And what has been learned can be unlearned. We all have power over feelings of deprivation. You have the ability to control it, decrease it, even extinguish it, b/c the source of it begins and ends within you" (124).

Behaviors That Increase Feelings of Deprivation

*Too much proximity: Even if you don't eat it, being near a favorite food, just knowing it's in the next room, creates a mental tug-of-war. It's always on your mind, particularly if it's clearly visible....Availability stimulates cravings -- it's that simple!
*Telling yourself that if you can't have it, you'll be deprived: Behind this statement is the assumption that it's not normal; everyone else is having it...worry more about a normal weight, a normal life, normal health, and normal sizes than what everyone else is eating.
*Going too long without eating
*Going into food situations unprepared: don't ever forget to have your ThinPack along!
*Forgetting that you know what it tastes like: You've already tasted it all; there are no more surprises.
*Tasting trigger foods that you've decided to Box Out: Don't forget that you can't have 'just a little' of the foods that have been a problem for you historically...Invariably, tasting foods that you have decided to Box Out makes it harder, b/c the pleasure principle of the human psyche makes you want to finish it and have more and not be a 'taster.' It's not about the calories in a taste but about the cravings and food interests that taste reactivates.
*Failing to embrace the substitutes: Studies show that if you don't have your favorite food, but you have your second favorite, you're better able to control it.
*Forgetting that eating a food is not free: Once you realize the high cost of a behavior, it reduces the attractiveness of that behavior -- meaning that eating a food that sabotages your weight loss or your control is not a 'treat' but a costly decision. The major reason you have been unhappy with your weight is b/c of these types of food.
(126 - 127)

Back Talk That Works: "Deprivation doesn't just happen; it's something that is done to you. The feelings that you've experienced on previous diets, of missing out on something, were produce by the programming of your past, the prerecorded mindset, which you, in turn, perpetuate and impose on yourself. Whenever you are near food, the old tape switches on, and these messages go to work fostering your feelings of deprivation and eroding your control over food...It will make me feel better. It will make me happy. It will comfort me. This thinking is at the core of deprivation mindset, and the greatest thing you can do is to eclipse these thoughts and connect to a new voice...Learning to rewrite you internal dialogue can be the difference between success and failure.

Here are a few sample retorts to get you started:

I'm missing out on all the fun -- What fun? You had it for years, and it didn't make you happy; it only made you fat

Everybody's eating it -- True or not, you've had enough for three lifetimes

What's wrong with a taste? -- Taking a taste makes it harder. (Most people can taste most foods, but as I've discussed at lenght, some individuals have a long history of abusing a single food or type of food. In these cases, it's easier to rule out the food entirely. Taking a taste is liek an ex-smoker taking a cigarette. It's restarting the pattern. It's better not to think about it at all, much like getting over a failed love affair. Take a taste only if your history indicates you have been a 'taster' with this food; otherwise, avoid it.)

I just want it -- I want to be thin even more. I don't want it enough to wear it

It's so hard -- Being fat is harder"
(130 -131)

"There are two major reasons that my clients don't find the work we do together hard. One is strategy. The other is that they don't feel deprived. You can have the same benefits by making a tape for yourself. It's not required, but it will make it easier to defeat the deprivation mindset. If you choose not to tape, you can get some of the same effects by writing key statements...on Post-its and putting them up around your home. Being a winner is a matter of thinking and feeling like a winner."
(132)
Old 06-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #500
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
GT: Was just trying to catch up quickly. I did something so stupid Thursday afternoon. I was at work and twisted in my chair . at just the wrong time. and I felt a sharp shooting pain in my back and down my legs, throughout my hips. Took my breath away and then my back started spasing. . Would not stop. .so I went home . I could bareley drive. .took a muscle relaxer and slept. . called in sick on Friday and took another muscle relaxer and slept most of that day away.. Today. .I decided I gotta get moving but OMG . .it really kills. I wonder what I did. . I've done this before but never to this extent. I think I'll give it until tomorrow morning and then I'm going to have to go to the Doc. .but I'm thinking all he will do is give me some muscle relaxers and tell me to take it easy. I just don't have time for this!! I have stuff to do. .Does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried a heating pad. .ibuprofin.. Laying, standing. .(not bending. ). . This is so stupid and I am so frustrated. . Plus I need to cook some meat up and I just can't get the energy. .

I'll probably be MIA for awhile.. hurts to sit here too long and you guys sure have a lot to cath up on. .
Oh hun, I am soooo sorry you're in pain. I wish I could offer some advice but I have no experience with it!! I just hope it goes away soon and you're up and better by tomorrow!
Old 06-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #501
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
Hi everyone! Just a quick post. I was down another pound and almost a half... So far 7.2 pounds lost since the first. 1.5 more pounds to get bk into the 180's I'm still doing the tuna thing! I'm a little freaked out because I'm down to just a few packets and my town doesn't have them anywhere. I've ordered them from amazon, but since i'm a cheapskate when it comes to shipping, they wont be shipped out until the 8th! I do have some cans of tuna, but they are kinda icky! I can tolerate them with some mustard and hard boiled egg.. i guess if i HAVE to i can eat them. BTW, the cheese sticks are gone! YAY.. i don't have to worry about them
yay! How much tuna are you eating per day? Do you know what your calories have been?
Old 06-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #502
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I just thought I would post part of an article I just read.......

This is from research done at the University of Cordoba in Spain. The lead researcher is Joaquin Perez-Guisado, Ph.D.

"Any diet that skimps on carbs and boosts protein will flip switches in the body that dial down hunger, increase metabolism and speed fat burning. But of all the dieter's protein choices, fish has the most fat-fighting power. Studies show that nutrients in fish not only make our anti-hunger hormones work better, they also help "ignite" fat so flab burns faster."

Fish is a known depression buster, a brain food, a heart protector and helps fight things like Parkinson's disease.

If you are worried about the mercury levels in seafood try buying "wild caught" fish like salmon, cod and halibut. For more information on safe fish check out EDF.org and search for health alerts seafood selector.
Thanks for posting!!
Old 06-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #503
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Fish is something I never ever eat. (just tuna) Its so expensive and doesnt fill me up. Swordfish used to be my favorite but I havent had any in years. What other fish is "steaky" like swordfish? (I like salmon too but not to cook it at home- the smell. The only time I ever cooked fish was swordfish and I cut off the skin and threw it in the garbage. My house smelled days after I threw out the trash. Learned my lesson good. Even had to get a new can cause the smell would not go away! That scarred me... but now I want fish!
I never had swordfish! Is it fishy tasting?? So it's filling? Is it fatty?
Old 06-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Boy do I wish you could post some before and afters.
Me to, me too!!
Old 06-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Menu today:
B: 1 HB Egg, Coffee
L: 8ozs grilled chicken
S: SF Jello Cup
D: 10ozs grilled chicken w/ mustard & hot sauce
Calories 942

No ride today or exercise... too tired. Have a great night everyone, see you all tomorrow!
Old 06-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #506
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
The Ketostix showed that I am FINALLY back in ketosis.
It took 5 days

I am hoping that this means another weight loss "WHOOSH" is on the way. It is hot and humid here and my feet and hands are swollen but not as bad as before I got some of this weight off.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:32 AM   #507
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Too sweet!! Thanks--that really made my morning!!!

Is that your daughter? Now she's a real cutie!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:35 AM   #508
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I'm heading out for the evening and have a full day planned tomorrow....may the force of Stillmans be with you all...

I will leave you with Thin Commandment #8. We will have a full discussion when I return. Well that was dumb. Start discussing NOW!
Enjoy!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:47 AM   #509
Big Yapper!!!!

Again so much sense!! The diet burn-out thing is soooo me!!! That couldn't have come at a better time--thanks Al! I've just been so bored of QWL lately it's unreal!
The box-it out thing--yeah I can't have choc in the same room-I'll eat it--all of it-not just a square!..that's not really funny-it's true!!
I do "treat" myself with other thing-ie clothes!! Like on a Sat after a hard (well not that hard really-he!) weeks work-just cheapie things but still! And every time I try on something I do say to myself nothing could taste as good as "thin" feels.
I can't have "just a little" and he's right, I still want it---I just want to be thin more!!! (it's true tho!)

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-06-2010, 02:52 AM   #510
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
The Ketostix showed that I am FINALLY back in ketosis.
It took 5 days

I am hoping that this means another weight loss "WHOOSH" is on the way. It is hot and humid here and my feet and hands are swollen but not as bad as before I got some of this weight off.
Yeah here too!! My shoes (ballet flats) that were too loose fit better today!!! yeah ok a good thing cos I can wear them without them slipping off my ankle--but prob not really!!
I def see a whoosh coming!!!! That's a long time to get into ketosis-mine is usually 3. Tho lately I've noticed I'm barely in!! Just a teeny tiny bit of pink!
Closed Thread