Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #301
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
(yeah, that was sort of cheating, but not like Ikea cake).
Ouch!!...it's prob the crash after the sugar-rush that's got me feeling awful today!
Congrats on the loss!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #302
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah we talk a lot off-topic on this thread--funny that's what I like about it!!!! We give and get amazing support and great advice too though--and a few good kick up the b......!!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:59 AM   #303
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay on the pants, Gwn--you are shrinking away, girl!! Those picks are soooo inspirational!!
Old 06-04-2010, 10:22 AM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Bloom View Post
Well like an idiot I got on the scale last night. I've been doing this since Tuesday, and I haven't lost one pound. Of course I weighed myself at night, duh. I'm a bit frustrated, and yesterday was a really bad day for cravings....cravings I haven't had for awhile.

And I'm feeling sort of gassy, a bit nauseous, a little dizzy and generally not great. Yesterday I only had a steak and half cup of cottage cheese with a bit of cucumber because I could not eat meat last night....couldn't do it.

So....are these physical symptions like heavy ketosis? I'm just wondering because I didn't feel like this on Atkins at all.

There seems to be a lot of non-diet posts on this forum. I feel sort of frustrated reading through because I really need major support here.....sorry for the *****, maybe because I'm feeling sort of out of it right now.
Hi Molly - You're right, we do chat on here about all kinds of things....we are friends

That said - we do try and offer help and encouragement as well. I had the same physical syptoms for the first WEEK (maybe a little more) that I did Stillman's. Are you taking your vitamins????? I found that I needed to add POTASSIUM tablets to my regime and that really helped with the dizziness.

You are definitely NOT eating enough!!! Can you do a hard boiled egg? Tuna?? How about roasting a whole turkey and then cutting it up so you have something (protein) to eat 5-6 times a day.

Try upping your food intake, taking your vitamins and minerals and see if in a week you don't feel better.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:32 AM   #305
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scootergal
Stats: 167/157/135
Start Date: May 23, 2010
Molly: Looks like I did the same thing. Weighed myself last nite and it was not what I expected, this morning it was the same. Very frustrating, but I have faith in this diet.

Way to go GwnSt!

Thanks all!

Okay day so far for me, but I feel kinda full and I haven't eaten much. Weird considering yesterday I felt so empty.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:32 AM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ok peeps-I'm just gonna have a rant cos I'm feeling really sorry for myself! Just ignore me! Today was in the 80s. It really is the first few days of Summer we've had. Anyway it's like all the thin people came out to play! Really. I just felt like a huge heifer. I just had jeans and a t-shirt on and I just felt so huge and self-conscious. I felt as tho everyone was looking. Maybe it's because in the last couple of years I never wore so little clothing. It just seems I eat meat all day long and do piles of exercise and I just don't get any thinner. It's like everyone around me is thinner than me-and I just can't manage it. I just feel short and dumpy. I know I'm not huge but I just can't shake the feeling. I really hate my legs, backside hips and arms-actually everything. Oh yeah and my hair is too bloody short-and golden. And today one of my coworkers goes your face is so white--eh yes I have irish skin-I don't tan and I've no fake tan on.
Ok ignore me-I'm just really homesick and missing himself-and having a melt-down.
GT - Rant away! I know what you are feeling. We live on a lake and boating is a big part of the Spring/Summer. It's too hot for long pants but I really HATE wearing shorts! Don't even get me started about all the thin people around here.

I guess we both need to learn to go out and enjoy LIFE no matter what our size. We don't get a "do over" but we CAN live BETTER. I have had too many friends die in the last couple of years that spent way too much time shunning the camera, the outings with friends and family, the shared laughter and fun - just because they thought they were too fat or didn't like what they saw in the mirror. Now their friends and family miss having those experiences to talk about and the photos to share.

I finally said NO MORE! I try to mentally armor myself before going out in public - yes, words and looks hurt, but missing out on LIFE hurts more....and really I care more about what my friends and family are feeling than what complete strangers think.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Ok peeps-I'm just gonna have a rant cos I'm feeling really sorry for myself! Just ignore me! Today was in the 80s. It really is the first few days of Summer we've had. Anyway it's like all the thin people came out to play! Really. I just felt like a huge heifer. I just had jeans and a t-shirt on and I just felt so huge and self-conscious. I felt as tho everyone was looking. Maybe it's because in the last couple of years I never wore so little clothing. It just seems I eat meat all day long and do piles of exercise and I just don't get any thinner. It's like everyone around me is thinner than me-and I just can't manage it. I just feel short and dumpy. I know I'm not huge but I just can't shake the feeling. I really hate my legs, backside hips and arms-actually everything. Oh yeah and my hair is too bloody short-and golden. And today one of my coworkers goes your face is so white--eh yes I have irish skin-I don't tan and I've no fake tan on.
Ok ignore me-I'm just really homesick and missing himself-and having a melt-down.
Please don't have a meltdown!! And I will NOT ignore you. Let me help put things in perspective for you, since you did this for me this Monday.

1. The reason peope kept looking at you, is because they keep thinking,"Did she lose some weight?" Because they had not seen you in such skimpy clothes since you lost so much.

2. You are coming off carbs with that horrid Ikea cheat -- a much deserved one, I may add. That will always get you down, it's the price you pay for a few moments of carbaliciousness. Let us all remember that!!

3. You are not a heifer!! Don't look like one, either. You know that, deep down, but you have worn extra pounds for some time (sorry, I don't know how long) and you have your "fat goggles" on. Take them off, look in the mirror, and tell yourself you have done a good job!! Yeah, it works, that's what I'm doing, and you truly are Getting There.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Hey all. Down 5 of the 9 lbs I gained on vaca! At 181.4 today. Ended up working 12 hours yesterday so no bike ride, except for the 3 mile round trip ride to work. Menu yesterday:
B: 1 HB egg, coffee
L: 8ozs grilled chicken
D: 6ozs grilled salmon
1 Gallon of water and 2 SF Jello snacks

Small woohoo for the day... I am fitting into a pair of pants that I have not been able to wear in 5 years. The kicker is they're a size 17 but low rise so they never fit me properly, since I carried so much weigh in my middle section. But I tried them on today and they're perfect... I remember trying them on a month ago and they couldn't button at all! When I bought them, I loved them so much, cuz they have this exaggerated stitching along the seams, I bought a size 15 too, which I have never been able to wear! So I m looking forward to getting into them! I know the sizes are still big and seem a bit big for my weight, I think, but like I said, they're low rise, so that's why, I think. Have a great day everyone!
That's not a "small" woohoo in my book, that's a major step!! Sure, it's not something you can put in your stats, but doesn't it feel GREAT when you fit into something you didn't??? You rock!
Old 06-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #309
Senior LCF Member

ARRGGGhhhh

This is not exactly off-topic, but pardon me anyway because my first urge was to get out the Cheddar Ruffles and drown my frustrations in them. (I didn't. Yet.)

I was laid off by AT&T last August and I'm collecting unemployment while I look for a job (can't find one that pays nearly as much as the old job). Also working in my DH's businesses which is making way less than the minimum I have to claim. My unemployment check and my DH's day job is paying the bills but barely.

This week I found out that they have me down as returning to work on the 24th, and I can't get it fixed after 32 phone calls. They obviously made a mistake but it will take an act of Congress or a visit by extra-terrestrials to fix it. Gonna go sit in their offices for the rest of the day. Wish me luck.

Oh, no!! Was that cortisol I heard sneaking up on me?????
Old 06-04-2010, 11:03 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
I'll trade you for multiple's
lol... if only....
Old 06-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Hon, you weigh 129lbs! You may feel that way inside, but trust me, at your weight, there's no way in heck anyone else looks at you that way!!! And girl, pale is in!!! No rolled in nacho cheese doritos look!!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
GT- Stop with the STINKIN THINKIN and look at what u have accomplished! U have been such an inspiration to so many of us! They say an artist is their worst critic, and i tend to think a dieter is their worst critic as well. Dieters are ppl who constantly strive for better and we compare ourselves to those around us. This gives us a sense of imperfection and if we keep looking at everyone else and comparing ourselves to them we will never be satisfied! Instead of looking at what u don't like still, think about the weight u have lost and look towards the future you have living a healthier lifestyle! We love u!! Sorry you are feeling down! If I was there I would fix u a nice piece of chicken! and run ya a bubble bath!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #313
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Go al. Stepping up and showing us how it's done. BTW, after stepping up are you at like 5'7" now? just joking.
After hearing yall talking about Dusty, I have no idea who he is but I wish he was here too. Right now, the only other male name I hear besides me is TOM and it's just not quite the same.
It would be fun with more guys but I happen to really like having you as our resident male! We only have bad things to say about TOM, but we love love BASS!!

I WISH I WAS TALLER!!!! I have to wear platforms just so my pants dont drag on the ground!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #314
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
I am down another pound today. (That's 2 pounds in 2 days). But I am still UP 2 pounds from last Friday

Losing streak!!! Awesome!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #315
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al, I will up my fats today because I'm really scared of messing with my metabolism. This rotation thing is working! I had started to get excited about maybe going longer and longer on Stillman's, but then a few people posted links about re-feeds and metabolism, and I'm back to doing the up-and-down thing. Hopefully if I can keep aware of net carbs (thank you Swebb) and glycemic load, I can lessen the gain on the "off" days.

Down one more pound to 163!
Keep the metabolism guessing! (I always feel more sane with some fat.) I'm trying real hard now to keep it no fat. Let the countdown begin!!

CHANGE YOUR STATS, Christine!!!! 163 is to be celebrated!!! I bet your daughters pictures came out lovely. Sounds like a beautiful place!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #316
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
BigBass -- did you get those ketostix?? You will LOVE them if you are willing to do a pg test!!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #317
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosugar View Post
I started full throttle today and was wondering if any of you ate more in the beginning? Im eating ground buffalo with franks red hot and I love it - probably should leave the hot sauce off so it wont be so good! Does anyone eat cottage cheese? That is another food I love but I know it can cause stalls - just wondering your experience? How about splenda - is that an "avoid" - that with cottage shees is like heaven - I just dont want to go wrong. So glad to be on this plan Have a great day everyone!!!
Hi nosugar!!!! Welcome to the group!!!! I totally pigged out in the beginning (and sometimes still do) I was always one to like a full plate and double portions and I was still able to lose quickly. (example: 2 chicken breasts, 2 cans of tuna) The appetite does fade, and after Im on stillmans for a while I just eat to make my mouth happy, not because I m hungry. Also, I used hot sauce on everything and the others do too. I tend to eat more plain now, for some reason. My body just likes the taste of plain ole meat!

Artificial sweetners are OK for some, not for others. I have always included them and was lucky enough to still lose. (I will never know if my results couldve been quicker without it. BUT Stillman says its OK and cottage cheese too!

Let us know how you are doing!!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #318
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
How long was Dustin on the tuna can???? I wanna see if i can stay on it that long! lol
I tried and could NOT do it like Dustin!!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:56 AM   #319
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yea, we both dropped a pound today. I plan on getting them today. I guess I will have to do them in the backyard so I dont soak the bathroom. Hope I dont hit my dogs. Anyway, outdoor peeing is the best. So many targets.
Stop making me laugh!!! Im at work!!!! Congrats on the pound down!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #320
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Bloom View Post
And I'm feeling sort of gassy, a bit nauseous, a little dizzy and generally not great.
Hi Molly!!! I think its totally normal to feel this way in the beginning and it should only last a few "long" days. I get this way everytime I "start over". If you can make it through the tough part for a week, I promise it'll be smooth sailing after that. You can do it! The diet is tough, but we are tougher!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 12:01 PM   #321
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hey all. Down 5 of the 9 lbs I gained on vaca!

Small woohoo for the day... I am fitting into a pair of pants that I have not been able to wear in 5 years.
Big WOOHOO to YOU, GWN!!!! Gotta love the whoosh!!!! COngrats on the new pants. Im sure you'll be in the smaller ones in no time!!! You are really kicking butt!!! HOws that other challenge going? Did you win yet?
Old 06-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #322
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Definitely the evil carbs talking but we all know exactly how you feel. As hard as it is you just have to believe that you are the lovely, beautiful, thin person that you are. (and Im not just sayin..Ive seen pics.) You may weigh more than me, but if we were standing side by side, you my friend, would be the thinnest girl in the room. Im not that great with words, but I love ya and I want you to be happy. You have done such an amazing job.

I can not wait for you to get back to himself!! When???
Old 06-04-2010, 12:08 PM   #323
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yeah we talk a lot off-topic on this thread--funny that's what I like about it!!!! We give and get amazing support and great advice too though--and a few good kick up the b......!!
sorry...Im guilty! But so glad you like it!!

BTW...I just scored Rihanna tickets! Woohoo!! Gonna need to drop a few (pounds and dollars) and buy some leather! "cause Im a rock star" - her words not mine...
Old 06-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #324
Blabbermouth!!!

Sharon and Christine! Great posts!! They made me feel better!!
Old 06-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #325
Blabbermouth!!!

Christine, I am so sorry about the job and the paperwork mess-up. I so hope you can get it straightened out soon.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #326
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
: No rolled in nacho cheese doritos look!!
I would love to roll around in nachos...I think I can even smell it.

sorry....my fingers just do the typing...cant control it..
Old 06-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Wow, I've had a lot of catchig up to do. I spilt water o my keyboard yesterday ad ow my "letter ext to m" doest work ay more. So sorry about the missig letter!!!!

Lisa - I too wat to lose 20 lbs this moth. Wat to try together? You're doig great so far. My weeked weight seems to be takig loger to come off. Ad I'm weighig less ofte. So I dot know how much I've lost so far. (OH my n sometimes works apparetly!!!)

GT -:h ugs::hug s: We all kow how you feel ad we're here to liste wheever you feel crap. Lisa ad swebb said exactly what i thik. You have done icredibly well to get this far. Look at your achievemet ad give yourself a massive pat on the back.

Bass - you crack me up.

Molly - first few days are HELLLLLLLLLLL. Stick at it though, ad soo youll be feelig great.

Cograts to everyone with losses. Hopefully I'll see oe on the scales tomorrow!

I'm still doig well. Day 6 of pure stillmas today. Will post meu whe I'm done eatig for the day. I'm avoidig housemates right ow who are in the kitchen so can't cook. Sorry for the temperametal n. Hope you can uderstad my rantigs!
Old 06-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #328
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
GT- Stop with the STINKIN THINKIN and look at what u have accomplished! U have been such an inspiration to so many of us! They say an artist is their worst critic, and i tend to think a dieter is their worst critic as well. Dieters are ppl who constantly strive for better and we compare ourselves to those around us. This gives us a sense of imperfection and if we keep looking at everyone else and comparing ourselves to them we will never be satisfied! Instead of looking at what u don't like still, think about the weight u have lost and look towards the future you have living a healthier lifestyle! We love u!! Sorry you are feeling down! If I was there I would fix u a nice piece of chicken! and run ya a bubble bath!
Awesome post Lisa- so so true!!! We are our worst critic!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Swebb, forgot to thank you for all your very informative and motivating post. Keep them comig!!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 12:16 PM   #330
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
Wow, I've had a lot of catchig up to do. I spilt water o my keyboard yesterday ad ow my "letter ext to m" doest work ay more. So sorry about the missig letter!!!!
ahhh haaaa haaa haaaaa

not again!!!! but now its the letter NNNNNNNNNNNNN

Closed Thread