Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 04:44 AM   #271
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
AL- I get Carb Face too! I hate it! my cheekbones disappear into the carb infested cells that bloat my face!
I think I have carb gut too....

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2010, 04:45 AM   #272
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootergal View Post
Yesterday was rough. No weight gain, but no weight loss either. I felt kinda starved yesterday even though I wasn't eating differently than any other day. I had bought some chicken and I know its gross, but I ate some of the skin. Felt instantly better, then later on that night just felt nauseous in general. Blech. Didn't drink nearly enough water either. Oh well. Back in the saddle again.
fat can make you sick if you havent had it in a while. doesnt sound like you had that much so it must be ketosis!! woohoo! the whoosh is comin..
Old 06-04-2010, 04:48 AM   #273
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Now it is 18W and sometimes a straight 18. And that is withoug losing any weight! When I first started wearing the shoes they were so comfortable that I figured inches lost would be a plus, but because of the comfort, the shoes were a keeper. It sure is nice to know I'm "exercising" just by wearing them!
Im so glad the shoes worked out for you MIM! (and I miss Dusty too) it really is a great thing to be exercising and not even have to think about it! Awesome results too! I may have to get me another pair! I also loved that they made me taller too!
Old 06-04-2010, 04:49 AM   #274
Blabbermouth!!!

So Im down 2 to 118. Im claiming it and changing stats accordingly!!! BBL
Old 06-04-2010, 05:51 AM   #275
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Stop posting peeps!!! Seriously, I can't keep up!!!

Lisa and Power---yaaaaaaay on the losses!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 05:53 AM   #276
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
and Al gave hers to her mother because of fit issues. .
Wow you were readinghard--even I don't remember that bit--and I post---a lot!!!

I think I need me some of those magic shoes!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 05:55 AM   #277
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
AL- I get Carb Face too! I hate it! my cheekbones disappear into the carb infested cells that bloat my face!
I look better with carb-features!! Tis true!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 05:55 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Bigbass- I wouldn't worry that much about eating the polish dogs or what ever they are. Just make sure to drink lots of water the next day. Your making the best choice u can with what u have available.. or u could pack a few tuna pkts!
Thanks Lisa. I want to tell ya that you are seriously motivating me. You went off (like I did) but you jumped right back and are kicking serious butt. You have everything going for you right now and your making the most of it. Your dropping weight like it's a bad habit, your almost at June goal already, and your man stepped up for you. Good for him and good for you. You go Lisa. I'm watching you.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:00 AM   #279
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
You are a champion!!!! Are cravings up today or are you just lucky not do get them? I need buy some willpower. Anyone know where I can get it??
Nope I've no cravings today!! Back on plan!!!! ....I don't really get cravings from eating carbs or going off plan.....mine are more pyschological--(feeling down, want sweets)-----yesterday tho I just wanted that cake!!!

Oh seriously if we could box up willpower we'd be rich!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 06:01 AM   #280
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I think I have carb gut too....
Ok spluttering tea!!!!..........carb hips, carb thighs!!!....and with those I def do not look better!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 06:03 AM   #281
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Queen Whoosh!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 06:12 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Go al. Stepping up and showing us how it's done. BTW, after stepping up are you at like 5'7" now? just joking.
After hearing yall talking about Dusty, I have no idea who he is but I wish he was here too. Right now, the only other male name I hear besides me is TOM and it's just not quite the same.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:21 AM   #283
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
Right now, the only other male name I hear besides me is TOM and it's just not quite the same.
Too funny!!
Old 06-04-2010, 07:01 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Go Al!!
Old 06-04-2010, 07:06 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
I am down another pound today. (That's 2 pounds in 2 days). But I am still UP 2 pounds from last Friday

If I continue to lose over the next few days I will call the high fat/ higher calorie experiment a success (at least for me). I am not going to start the -10 pound countdown until I am at the weight I was last Friday........
Old 06-04-2010, 07:24 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Wow. That was a lot of reading. Congrats on the weight loss, Al, Mim, and Swebb!!!

Yesterday was a photo shoot for DD's senior pictures, at a lovely antebellum house and grounds an hour's drive away. I had a hard boiled egg at 9:30, and stupidly forgot to take food with me, just water. :blush: BUT I GOT AWAY WITH NOT CHEATING!! It was 8 hours before I could get the low-fat cheese in my stomach while fixing the baked Hoki and asparagus (yeah, that was sort of cheating, but not like Ikea cake). So the total calories were less than 400 for the day.

Al, I will up my fats today because I'm really scared of messing with my metabolism. This rotation thing is working! I had started to get excited about maybe going longer and longer on Stillman's, but then a few people posted links about re-feeds and metabolism, and I'm back to doing the up-and-down thing. Hopefully if I can keep aware of net carbs (thank you Swebb) and glycemic load, I can lessen the gain on the "off" days.

Down one more pound to 163!

I'm not sure if I should have the low weight on my stats, or the weight at the end of the Atkins cycle.... It would seem wrong to post 163 when I know very well it will go up 2 - 5 pounds.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:27 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
BigBass -- did you get those ketostix?? You will LOVE them if you are willing to do a pg test!! At least you will see results! I was addicted to them. Remember, any color at all is ketosis. The darker color may only mean you don't drink enough water.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:36 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nosugar
Stats: 160/140/115
WOE: low carb non processed
Start Date: 10/27/07
Hi Everyone! Great job you all are doing here! I posted my life story in the stillmans pure thread so I will spare you all I started full throttle today and was wondering if any of you ate more in the beginning? Im eating ground buffalo with franks red hot and I love it - probably should leave the hot sauce off so it wont be so good! Does anyone eat cottage cheese? That is another food I love but I know it can cause stalls - just wondering your experience? How about splenda - is that an "avoid" - that with cottage shees is like heaven - I just dont want to go wrong. So glad to be on this plan Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 08:02 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
How long was Dustin on the tuna can???? I wanna see if i can stay on it that long! lol
Old 06-04-2010, 08:04 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
BigBass -- did you get those ketostix?? You will LOVE them if you are willing to do a pg test!! At least you will see results! I was addicted to them. Remember, any color at all is ketosis. The darker color may only mean you don't drink enough water.
Yea, we both dropped a pound today. I plan on getting them today. I guess I will have to do them in the backyard so I dont soak the bathroom. Hope I dont hit my dogs. Anyway, outdoor peeing is the best. So many targets.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:11 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

I WISH I COULD STAY AWAY FROM THE CHEESE STICKS! GRRRRR!!! I don't eat cottage cheese right now and i did get the low fat cheese sticks.. so far they haven't seemed to stall me at all.. I woke up with a funny taste in my mouth and the urge to drink a ton of water!! I just feel like I can't get enough! My apatite is not really strong. I had one tuna pack for breakfast and a cheese stick for a snack.

BigBass.. thanks for the kind words! I hope I don't let u or myself down!
Old 06-04-2010, 08:13 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
Yea, we both dropped a pound today. I plan on getting them today. I guess I will have to do them in the backyard so I dont soak the bathroom. Hope I dont hit my dogs. Anyway, outdoor peeing is the best. So many targets.
OMG!!!

Thats way to hard for women! its not fair that u have the upper hand... glad it isn't an Olympic competition! :blush:
Old 06-04-2010, 08:37 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG!!!

Thats way to hard for women! its not fair that u have the upper hand... glad it isn't an Olympic competition! :blush:
I'll trade you for multiple's
Old 06-04-2010, 08:39 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Molly Bloom
Stats: 280/231/150
WOE: Counting Carbs
Start Date: 03/21/2010
Well like an idiot I got on the scale last night. I've been doing this since Tuesday, and I haven't lost one pound. Of course I weighed myself at night, duh. I'm a bit frustrated, and yesterday was a really bad day for cravings....cravings I haven't had for awhile.

And I'm feeling sort of gassy, a bit nauseous, a little dizzy and generally not great. Yesterday I only had a steak and half cup of cottage cheese with a bit of cucumber because I could not eat meat last night....couldn't do it.

So....are these physical symptions like heavy ketosis? I'm just wondering because I didn't feel like this on Atkins at all.

There seems to be a lot of non-diet posts on this forum. I feel sort of frustrated reading through because I really need major support here.....sorry for the *****, maybe because I'm feeling sort of out of it right now.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Molly, if you weighed exactly the same last night, you're probably down a few pounds! I weigh every night and the following morning, I'm always down about 2-4lbs. Did you weigh again this morning? And yes, we have always been a chatty bunch and we have always chatted about off topic things as well... We usually address each other though, so if you don't see your name, feel free to scroll right by!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all. Down 5 of the 9 lbs I gained on vaca! At 181.4 today. Ended up working 12 hours yesterday so no bike ride, except for the 3 mile round trip ride to work. Menu yesterday:
B: 1 HB egg, coffee
L: 8ozs grilled chicken
D: 6ozs grilled salmon
1 Gallon of water and 2 SF Jello snacks

Small woohoo for the day... I am fitting into a pair of pants that I have not been able to wear in 5 years. The kicker is they're a size 17 but low rise so they never fit me properly, since I carried so much weigh in my middle section. But I tried them on today and they're perfect... I remember trying them on a month ago and they couldn't button at all! When I bought them, I loved them so much, cuz they have this exaggerated stitching along the seams, I bought a size 15 too, which I have never been able to wear! So I m looking forward to getting into them! I know the sizes are still big and seem a bit big for my weight, I think, but like I said, they're low rise, so that's why, I think. Have a great day everyone!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 06-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Bloom View Post
Well like an idiot I got on the scale last night. I've been doing this since Tuesday, and I haven't lost one pound. Of course I weighed myself at night, duh. I'm a bit frustrated, and yesterday was a really bad day for cravings....cravings I haven't had for awhile.

And I'm feeling sort of gassy, a bit nauseous, a little dizzy and generally not great. Yesterday I only had a steak and half cup of cottage cheese with a bit of cucumber because I could not eat meat last night....couldn't do it.

So....are these physical symptions like heavy ketosis? I'm just wondering because I didn't feel like this on Atkins at all.

There seems to be a lot of non-diet posts on this forum. I feel sort of frustrated reading through because I really need major support here.....sorry for the *****, maybe because I'm feeling sort of out of it right now.
Could just be the lower calories? I generally feel pretty good on Stillman's. I try to do Stills for 10-14 days then I cycle in 1-3 days of high fat. Doesn't seem like you ate enough yesterday and oh do cucumbers make me gassy... But I find if I scoop the seeds out of them that I'm just fine. Don't forget to take your vitamins and drink lots of water!! Eat a few times a day too. Hope this helps.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
I wanted to share with you my experience with the "exercise shoes". Sometime back, Al and Dustin each got a pair. Dustin left the board (I miss him and regret my lurking and not talking!) and Al gave hers to her mother because of fit issues. Anyway, I bought a pair of the K-Mart knock offs and started wearing them almost all the time. I can wear them to work most of the time, and wore them at home all of the time. When the weather warmed up I bought two pair of the sandals (also K-Mart) which I wear almost constantly. And I'm here to tell you that they work! I have a huge tummy. My pant size was 22W. Now it is 18W and sometimes a straight 18. And that is withoug losing any weight! When I first started wearing the shoes they were so comfortable that I figured inches lost would be a plus, but because of the comfort, the shoes were a keeper. It sure is nice to know I'm "exercising" just by wearing them!

Hmmmmm, speaking of exercising, I really should do some. Maybe tomorrow.........
Mim: I have the same shoes and I wear them every day (that is, outside of work. I wear heels most of the day). . anyway, I don't know if they do any good, but I like them. The last time I put regular tennis shoes on. . it felt really weird to me. I dont' wear them when I ride my bike but walking. . I do..
Old 06-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #299
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok peeps-I'm just gonna have a rant cos I'm feeling really sorry for myself! Just ignore me! Today was in the 80s. It really is the first few days of Summer we've had. Anyway it's like all the thin people came out to play! Really. I just felt like a huge heifer. I just had jeans and a t-shirt on and I just felt so huge and self-conscious. I felt as tho everyone was looking. Maybe it's because in the last couple of years I never wore so little clothing. It just seems I eat meat all day long and do piles of exercise and I just don't get any thinner. It's like everyone around me is thinner than me-and I just can't manage it. I just feel short and dumpy. I know I'm not huge but I just can't shake the feeling. I really hate my legs, backside hips and arms-actually everything. Oh yeah and my hair is too bloody short-and golden. And today one of my coworkers goes your face is so white--eh yes I have irish skin-I don't tan and I've no fake tan on.
Ok ignore me-I'm just really homesick and missing himself-and having a melt-down.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #300
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay Sharon--I hope the rotation works!!!
Closed Thread