Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #121

Gallery: Suri
Stats: 126/123/106
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 30 May 2010
Hi Sugar ! Have another great day
Ya, we are different from each other, i eat more fat, i lose more and you are on the opposite.
I weighed myself today, l lose 2 pounds! so it's 119 after 4 days on Stillman. However, i think i eat too little, i will increase my calo tmr.
My menu for today:
B: 2HB eggs
L: same
S: 1 can of tuna, it's a big one. 8oz. God.
D: 1.5l water with 2 slice of steam pork.
S (mid-night): 1 slice of steampork with some lemon juice. Taste great, haha
I skip all the sweeteners, i drink only water and 1 cup of fresh greentea.
Suri is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2010, 09:03 PM   #122

I wish i could reach my goal at 110 on 14 June
Old 06-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbecker28 View Post
I have only been doing Stillman's for about 2 weeks. I am at 150, with a goal off 112. I am only 5'0, so that is a reasonable goal for me. In addition to Stillmans I am doing the Slim in 6 dvd, which seems to really be working.
Hi Becker, it means you were down to 112 after 2 weeks on Stillman ???
Old 06-04-2010, 03:09 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nosugar
Stats: 160/140/115
WOE: low carb non processed
Start Date: 10/27/07
Hi Ladies! Any room for one more? I really hope so!!! I found this by accident - and if it is not toooo boring I would like to give you a bit of background in an effort to get some advice wher you see fit. Like others I am a professional dieter I managed to go from 100 pounds to 160 through various diets - fail, over eat, fail over eat - great cycle! This past year I had 5 close relatives unexpectedly pass away - still cant say the D word! Found chocolate and dare I say "protein" bars oh - and nuts. If anyone has a teenage son that needs to bulk have him call me - I am a professional! After this latest family member passed -2 weeks ago - I jumped on the hcg bandwagon. Not a good idea for me - the load days were a breeze but when push comes to shove - I did not show up! Add another 10 pounds and now I am a disaster! My cousin is a well know(puke) exercise celebrity. He put me intouch with his personal chef who is vegan. She had me on a diet of green smoothies, rice and beans. add another 10 pounds and severe mood swings and dizzy spells! My husband is doing a juice fast - I tried to join him - more dizzy spells, mood swings. I am a protein girl - but I cant seem to handle alot of fat - sooooo long story long I was thrilled to see this thread - hope I dont sound too needy - I promise I am not -just want to lose 50+ pounds and have my life back - hate the tennis match in mhead over eating! Thanks for reading this
nosugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:02 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

ooops!! Though I should add my "plan" I am planning on fitting in 1 hour of cardio a day - wish it waas all running but I am not in shape so I will use my spinning bike or stairmaster or walk with a weighted vest. I will weight train 45 minutes and possibly complete a Power 90X dvd - dd and dh are doing this family challenge - I am in it as well. Tomorrow is the last of my obligations for a while - I hope! These last few months have been packed with funerals and family flying in from all over - tomorrow is dd 15th birthday - she managed to invite 50 of her friends in addition to the family party i will be hosting a few hours prior to the friends arrival. The party will not throw me - if anything I will be more dilligent as I need to stay on the straight and and narrow while I have 50+ 15 year olds swimming etc.. There will be alot of drinking at the family party - but again luckily not for me Sunday I will be kicking all left over kids out at noon and hopefully enjoying a day of sitting!
Today I have stocked the fridge with.....
cooked egg whites
Steamed shrimp
cooked ground buffalo in franks red hot sauce
Somehow this plan seems so much easier than all others combined.
Sorry to ramble!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sugardemon
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: Restart: April 2011
Hi nosugar!! Welcome welcome!

I'd like to comment on your exercise goals. I used to be a hard-core exercise fanatic. I ran marathons, did hours of kickboxing and aerobics classes and I never lost any weight. I was a fit overweight person with "firm" fat! LOL. I think "exercise" is the propoganda from the old way of losing weight (like your exercise celebrity cousin). I realize now it has NOTHING to do with losing weight. I think it's better to focus on eating clean then planning hours of painful exercise! LOL

I used to put soooo much pressure on myself to work-out for hours everyday... and when I didn't meet my high expectations, I would be hard on myself and binge. So now I exercise whenever I "feel" like it... which is still 3-5x a week... but I don't stress over it anymore and I do stuff I love.. like bikram yoga, tennis or walking my dogs and running a local 5K w/ friends for fun.

ALSO I must celebrate dropping down to 176.5 today.. after 2 days of Stillmans!! It really does work. Eat clean, drink a lot of water and don't stress.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Sugardemon - thank you so much. What a kind message! You really understand my mindset! I would love to run 100 miles in hopes of undoing this damage b ut I'm sure you are right - more propaganda!! Thank you soooo much!
Old 06-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosugar View Post
ooops!! Though I should add my "plan" I am planning on fitting in 1 hour of cardio a day - wish it waas all running but I am not in shape so I will use my spinning bike or stairmaster or walk with a weighted vest. I will weight train 45 minutes and possibly complete a Power 90X dvd - dd and dh are doing this family challenge - I am in it as well. Tomorrow is the last of my obligations for a while - I hope! These last few months have been packed with funerals and family flying in from all over - tomorrow is dd 15th birthday - she managed to invite 50 of her friends in addition to the family party i will be hosting a few hours prior to the friends arrival. The party will not throw me - if anything I will be more dilligent as I need to stay on the straight and and narrow while I have 50+ 15 year olds swimming etc.. There will be alot of drinking at the family party - but again luckily not for me Sunday I will be kicking all left over kids out at noon and hopefully enjoying a day of sitting!
Today I have stocked the fridge with.....
cooked egg whites
Steamed shrimp
cooked ground buffalo in franks red hot sauce
Somehow this plan seems so much easier than all others combined.
Sorry to ramble!!!
Feel free to ramble as much as you want. I'm sure you'll see soo how great this woe is. It's so simple, ad I've ever felt this good while dietig. (SORRY MY n DOESN'T WORK ON MY KEYBOARD SOMETIMES AS I SPILT WATER ON IT YESTERDAY).

You know that egg yolks are OK right? I eat them and still lose loads.
kamills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:19 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugardemon View Post

I'd like to comment on your exercise goals. I used to be a hard-core exercise fanatic. I ran marathons, did hours of kickboxing and aerobics classes and I never lost any weight. I was a fit overweight person with "firm" fat! LOL. I think "exercise" is the propoganda from the old way of losing weight (like your exercise celebrity cousin). I realize now it has NOTHING to do with losing weight. I think it's better to focus on eating clean then planning hours of painful exercise! LOL

I used to put soooo much pressure on myself to work-out for hours everyday... and when I didn't meet my high expectations, I would be hard on myself and binge. So now I exercise whenever I "feel" like it... which is still 3-5x a week... but I don't stress over it anymore and I do stuff I love.. like bikram yoga, tennis or walking my dogs and running a local 5K w/ friends for fun.

ALSO I must celebrate dropping down to 176.5 today.. after 2 days of Stillmans!! It really does work. Eat clean, drink a lot of water and don't stress.
Yay! And great post. Ditto what you say about the exercise. Obviously try not to be a bum and be active, but you'll lose without exercise on this woe.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri View Post
I wish i could reach my goal at 110 on 14 June
Let's do it together. I have 20 lbs to lose this month. We can do it Suri!
Old 06-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lbecker28
WOE: M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri View Post
Hi Becker, it means you were down to 112 after 2 weeks on Stillman ???
No, I started Stillmans at 150 about a week ago, with a goal of 112 by Halloween.
lbecker28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbecker28 View Post
No, I started Stillmans at 150 about a week ago, with a goal of 112 by Halloween.
If only we could lose 38 lbs in only a week or two. Life would be so much easier!

Ok...My menu for today was pretty similar to my usual. But here it is anyway. Looks like my n is back working. My keyboard must have dried out!

Today is day 6 of strict Stillman's, btw. Hoping to keep going until onederland.

B: 2 boiled eggs with mustard
L: 150 gms pollock. Chicken broth.
Snk: Boiled egg
Snk: Boiled egg
D: 150 gms pollock. Chicken broth.
Liquids: 5.5 litres water. 660 mls coke zero. 3 cups of tea.

Total cals: 666
Total carbs: 7.8

Hope everyone is doing well. I weigh tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Old 06-04-2010, 03:21 PM   #133
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
Hey Kam, scooter, powerless, suri!!! Just wanted to pop in and say you have all been doing great! You're keepin it pure and simple and getting results! WTG!!!

lbecker - you CAN reach goal by October, for sure! I lost about that much in the same time and there were days Im sure it slowed because I included fat. You'll have even better results!

nosugar - I loved sugar demons post. I was never an exerciser. I was able to lose all my extra weight through diet only. Your calories will probably end up low and you may overdo the exercise and not feel well, causing you to need to eat something off plan. I want you to get to goal, so sit back, eat meat, and let Stillmans take the weight off.

I'm kinda on a maintenace week but I'll be back soon!

Keep it up everyone!!!! You can do it!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:01 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Woopie!!! I'm down another 2 lbs. 208.6lbs! 4 gone in June. And no exercise apart from my walk to and from work.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:03 AM   #135
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scootergal
Stats: 167/157/135
Start Date: May 23, 2010
Aler--Thanks for all your help!

Go Kam!!!!

As for me I'm parked at 157. Kinda bummed, but trying to stay positive. If I can eek out 1 more pound before Sunday I will be happy for this week. Next week I'll be more aggressive.
scootergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:03 AM   #136
Junior LCF Member

Drat, wasn't able to lose that pound, but I still lost about 3 lbs on week two of Stillmans. 10 lbs in 2 weeks isn't bad. I'll take it.

Week of 6/6: Lose another 5 lbs. Stay pure on Stillmans. Drink my water!!

I'm looking to hit 155 by Thursday morning and hopefully 152 by next Saturday night/ Sunday morning.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:06 AM   #137
Junior LCF Member

PS-- hitting 145 will be a true landmark for me. Back in the mid 90s, hitting 145 was a "wake up call" to restrict calories and do giant sets at the gymn to get back to 135. Back then, it usually took me under a week to get back to that weight.

Hehheh, I'll settle for my goals for now, but just reminiscing....
Old 06-06-2010, 08:33 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lbecker28
WOE: M&E
I have been losing pretty steady eating fish, eggs, chicken, and turkey. Lately I have been craving steak. Is anyone eating lean beef without slowing down?
lbecker28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:13 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sugardemon
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: Restart: April 2011
Thank you nosugar, kamills, aleriaa! I'm glad my own ramblings hit a chord with you guys! =P

Saturday morning I reached 175.5 and then TOM hit me! I'm not planning to weigh myself until the end of the week so the water-weight doesn't freak me out. I have been crampy & tired so I've uppped the fats to combat the chocolate cravings. Otherwise still going good!

Saturday was beautiful and sunny here in Seattle... and then rain came back on Sunday! Grrrrr... I'm so ready for summertime!! LOL
Sugardemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 235/227/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: September 2 2014
Hello I am going to join you.
This is my second time doing Stillman's. The first time I did wonderful on it, I lost a little over 20 pounds in about a month and half. Then I quit smoking....I gained 70 pounds.

A year ago I lost 20 pounds and then started losing and gaining the same 6 pounds till now. I decided to go back to the one thing that really helped. Yay Stillman's. lol

This is my 3rd full day on and I feel great.

My meals so far are...

B- 2 Soft boiled eggs

Then I eat about 12 ounces of chicken divided up into 4 meals through thte day. (about every 3 hours)

I have just been a bit over 500 calories in a day. I don't feel that is enough so I to add at least another egg to boost the calories up.

I want to wish everyone luck and I look forward to posting regularly.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:36 AM   #141
Blabbermouth!!!

welcome Bratty! You are gonna do great! You already know the ropes so its smooth sailing from here! Awesome!! Looking forward to your success!!

Wanted to let you guys know that we have a great monthly Stillman thread with lots of action. If you are the type that needs constant support, feel free to post in there too. We try to be 100% pure, but it doesn't always work out, and some are trying the other stillman plans, so it may be confusing. Just throwing it out there because I see that this thread may go a few days without posts and I dont want to see anyone left hangin. I dont think an hour has ever gone by in the other thread where someone didnt have something to say. We're a bunch of losers, and I mean that in the most loving way possible. Not to take away from this thread at all, I totally support it!! 100% pure is the way to go. Get that weight off as quickly as possible, as the good doc would say!!
Old 06-13-2010, 12:26 AM   #142
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan$$
Stats: now: 160 (estimate)/120
WOE: stillman's
Start Date: restarting 18 April 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugardemon View Post

I'm following this thread and doing Stillman. You are so right this is how I think too. Diet is 100% of it. If your diet ain't right you can't get tight. I have done Stillman's for 7 days with a few cheats (only kefir - has the same nutritional content of plain cott. cheese) and lost 7lbs. I weigh 147lbs now with a goal of 115-125lbs.
Susan$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:38 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Hi Bratty and Susan! Welcome.

I was off Stillman's for a week, and now I'm dealing with the damage. Stillman's is great though. Now my goals are out of whack again. I can't seem to keep going for long enough! Day 2 today. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:53 PM   #144
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan$$
Stats: now: 160 (estimate)/120
Start Date: restarting 18 April 2011
Hi KAmills,

STICKING TO IT:

me - I actually love it. I have the kefir. Find legit foods that you like.

Just tell yourself that being fat is not allowing you to life your life to the full.

For me, I need to get another 10 lbs off and then I should be able to fit into my skirts again (just).

We've tasted all the non-legit stuff and now we're here. Illegit food is just not worth it and only makes us unhappy.
Susan$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Everyone's gone very quiet in here. Hope that means we're all losing lots and lots of weight and no cheating!!! I am back on track after horrific last week and losing a pound a day, but still have 3.4 lbs to shift to get down to stats weight. I'm behind my goals... way way behind, so I think I should re-do them, plus, my goals before were way to strict and I was never going to reach them, and ultimately setting myself up for failure, so after reassessing, I'm going to put a more relaxed goal for now, and if I lose more, then great!

200 lbs by 1st July (this is quite strict as there are 14 days left and 12 lbs to lose, but the rest are easier)
184 lbs by 1st August
169 lbs by 1st September

After I get to 169, I will decide where I want to go from there.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:38 AM   #146
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandiko
I have lost 2 kilos. I eat eggs, chicken, fish, cottage cheese, mustard etc.
I add spices to my food and drink lots of water. Honestly I can say I have tried every diet out there and this is the only one where I dont feel hungry. I am hoping that when I have lost the weight I want. (Still have a way to go). That I will introduce foods slowly. My plan is to introduce salads, veges, cheeses, nuts and some fruit and minimal bread. Eating carbs and junk food including snacks has caused my weight to spiral out of control and put me where I am with my weight today. Hunger was always the problem when I was trying to lose weight.
Sandiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Just started diet Monday

Just began the QWL diet Monday...I've been up and down with weight loss for a long time. I have about 40 lbs to lose and I'm at a plateau right now.

Starting Weight: 153.5

Weight today: 150.8

Weight Goal: Between 105-110.

This is a sample of what I've been eating...Not sure if I'm doing it right though!!

Breakfast: 1 egg white, 1 whole egg, slice of fat free cheese (scrambled)
tried 2 slices of turkey bacon yesterday

Lunch: Turkey Rolls ups or 2 Jenni-O turkey hot dogs

Dinner: Turkey burger, broiled chicken

Snacks: Low fat part skim cheese stick (is this acceptable?)

Also is the fat free cheese okay?

I tried cottage cheese and the texture just kills me lol.

Thanks!!
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:54 AM   #148
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: desera
Stats: 267/267/140
Start Date: July 29, 2010
Today is my first day at the stillman's diet. I have done atkins in the past and did great but, i don't need so many choice. The more that I have to chose from the harder it is... It is really nice to see all the support here on this site. we all need as much help as we can get.
desera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:53 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbone
Stats: 380/327.2/199
WOE: Low Carb n' Stuff
Start Date: Re-restart 6/1/11
I've enjoyed reading this thread... where'd u all go?
bigbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:38 AM   #150
Blabbermouth!!!

hey BB!!! We're over in the september thread! Hope to see you there!