Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 02:52 PM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
I, too get frustrated by small losses and gains but I TRY to look at the overall loss and celebrate THAT.

Sharon
Fantastic job Sharon! A true accomplishment! It can get very frustating from time to time, but you are so right about looking at the overall loss. Try to lose 40 pounds quicker than that on any other diet!! We are in the right place!!

To the new members: I cant wait to see the results you bring to the board!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2010, 04:21 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Day 2 Results

Menu yesterday:
Lots of Black coffee
3 bottles of water
3 bottles Crystal Light + a glass or 2
5 oz pouch tuna
approx. 3 cups of ground turkey

Scale read 117.5 this morning. So 48 hours on strict Stillmans resulted in a 7.5 pound loss. Just like magic! Im thrilled with the results, of course, BUT I have to keep telling myself its not OK to eat everything in site knowing I can get it back off. The real test for me will be sticking to this until I get back to 113, and then figuring out maintenace. Im thinking the next 5 pounds may take up to 3 weeks, but I hope Im wrong!
Old 05-29-2010, 06:02 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Menu yesterday:
Lots of Black coffee
3 bottles of water
3 bottles Crystal Light + a glass or 2
5 oz pouch tuna
approx. 3 cups of ground turkey

Scale read 117.5 this morning. So 48 hours on strict Stillmans resulted in a 7.5 pound loss. Just like magic! Im thrilled with the results, of course, BUT I have to keep telling myself its not OK to eat everything in site knowing I can get it back off. The real test for me will be sticking to this until I get back to 113, and then figuring out maintenace. Im thinking the next 5 pounds may take up to 3 weeks, but I hope Im wrong!
Hi Al! Those are some amazing results. Like you said, keep at it, and you will continue to see them. I'm so happy for you.

Sharon, You are completely right. The big losses over all are what counts. The good thing about right now, is that people are now starting to notice me weight loss, so that gives me extra motivation to continue.

Myers, How are you doing? Thanks for your words of encouragement too.

I'm back to Stillman's again today. In Madrid now, and my boyfriend is really happy for me and is noticing my weight loss. The only thing is which isn't strictly Stillman's is that I will be having some skimmed milk in my tea, but trying to keep it to a minimum and keep to 3 or 4 cups. (Tea drinking is a ritual with my boyfriend, but I honestly don't think it will affect weight loss). I'm actually not having any problems going back to Stillman's after yesterday as I don't want to get behind on my goals, and I was in so much pain from the carb overload that I just prefer eating Stillman's food. I'll update with my menu later.

I hope you all have a super successful Stillman's day.
kamills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:50 AM   #64

Gallery: Suri
Stats: 126/123/106
Start Date: 30 May 2010
Hi everybody, im newbie here.
I followed Atkins '72 for ... 1 week and 2 days, then i got up on the scale, i lost only 2 pounds.I thought it was not a lot, so i cheated. I've cheated for 2 day, yesterday and today... i felt very very very deprived. I need something faster and more secured. Doing Atkins like a risk i think, losing is not something we can control, our body does.
It will be in 22 June i have my orientation, i dont want to look like a pig in my new uni...
I decide to, well, recover everything by Stillman. I want to be count in
Is it possible to loose abt 10-15 pounds in 2 weeks with Stillman ???
Suri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:00 AM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri View Post
Hi everybody, im newbie here.
I followed Atkins '72 for ... 1 week and 2 days, then i got up on the scale, i lost only 2 pounds.I thought it was not a lot, so i cheated. I've cheated for 2 day, yesterday and today... i felt very very very deprived. I need something faster and more secured. Doing Atkins like a risk i think, losing is not something we can control, our body does.
It will be in 22 June i have my orientation, i dont want to look like a pig in my new uni...
I decide to, well, recover everything by Stillman. I want to be count in
Is it possible to loose abt 10-15 pounds in 2 weeks with Stillman ???
Suri!!! So glad you joined! YES it is totally possible to lose 10-15 in two weeks. Maybe even more since you're carbed up. Have no fear- Stillmans to the rescue! The diet is extremely strict and must be followed to a T for those kind of results. You can do it though! After a few successful days, all cravings will be gone, you'll be satisfied on minimal amunts of food, and the energy will be up!!

Re-read the sticky on QWL. Over and over again. My only suggestion is to not include the ketchup or cocktail sauce. If you do, make sure its the low-carb kind and only use sparingly it if it keeps you sane and on plan. I lean toward mustard or hot sauce if I need condiments.

Let us know how its going. and start right now!
Old 05-29-2010, 07:03 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
I'm back to Stillman's again today. In Madrid now, and my boyfriend is really happy for me and is noticing my weight loss. The only thing is which isn't strictly Stillman's is that I will be having some skimmed milk in my tea, but trying to keep it to a minimum and keep to 3 or 4 cups. (Tea drinking is a ritual with my boyfriend, but I honestly don't think it will affect weight loss). I'm actually not having any problems going back to Stillman's after yesterday as I don't want to get behind on my goals, and I was in so much pain from the carb overload that I just prefer eating Stillman's food.
Now this sounds much more like the Kam we know and love!! Your spirits are up! The bad stuff is out of the system, and you are back on plan and ready to rock!

I dont see anything wrong with a little bit of skim milk, after all he allows cottage cheese?! (there are still some things I dont get about the rules, but nevermind that - it all works!)

Have fun in Madrid with the boyfriend - so glad you were able to check in!!
Old 05-29-2010, 07:26 AM   #67

Quote:
Suri!!! So glad you joined! YES it is totally possible to lose 10-15 in two weeks. Maybe even more since you're carbed up. Have no fear- Stillmans to the rescue! The diet is extremely strict and must be followed to a T for those kind of results. You can do it though! After a few successful days, all cravings will be gone, you'll be satisfied on minimal amunts of food, and the energy will be up!!

Re-read the sticky on QWL. Over and over again. My only suggestion is to not include the ketchup or cocktail sauce. If you do, make sure its the low-carb kind and only use sparingly it if it keeps you sane and on plan. I lean toward mustard or hot sauce if I need condiments.

Let us know how its going. and start right now!
Hi there, thanks for advice
In 2 days, i've eaten a lot of carbs, cakes, waffles, etc.
I just found out one thing, even i ate a lot of carbs, they did not taste great like they did to me in the past. I just ate b'cuz im sad
I think i will eat only eggs, tuna in water. These are the cheapest things in my town.
Im not keen on spices, i always eat things plain, weird, i just like the original taste of food
I've read your post and so surprised for a 7.5-pounds-gone in just 2 days ! WOW! Congrat !!! I will be like this too, wont i ?
Old 05-29-2010, 07:35 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Hi Suri! Welcome to the thread. Of course you'll be able to lose those 10-15 lbs in two weeks if you put your mind (and stomach) to it! Where are you from?

Al, oh yes, I'm back. Big relief it didn't turn into longer than a day. And I don't feel like I gained a huge amount, maybe a little water weight, but I should still be on track. I'm off to the supermarket now to stock up for today and tomorrow. So gald you're here in the challenge!
Old 05-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

You are gonna do great Suri!! You wont be like me..you'll do better!! Thanks for the kudos! I too was very carbed up. all that and nutella on top of it! Ha! Those waffle carbs dont stand a chance against Stillmans! Ha! Thats great that you dont lean toward seasonings and condiments! It took me a while when I started to eliminate them. I'm doing chicken, turkey and tuna. I never included eggs but after I get to 113 I may branch out!
Old 05-29-2010, 08:03 AM   #70

Thanks for all the encouragements !!!
I feel so glad !!! Im living in Seattle, where exercise is kept at minimum. Haha
Today is the 1st day of OWL, I am starting with my boiled eggs
Tomorrow i have to start my part-time job and i hate the uniform, as im too fat to fit in, so sad... i have to wear my own clothes. People around will notice that Im crying (
I hate to be FATTTT!!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 08:56 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks for all the encouragements !!!
I feel so glad !!! Im living in Seattle, where exercise is kept at minimum. Haha
Today is the 1st day of OWL, I am starting with my boiled eggs
Tomorrow i have to start my part-time job and i hate the uniform, as im too fat to fit in, so sad... i have to wear my own clothes. People around will notice that Im crying (
I hate to be FATTTT!!!!!!!!
unless you are 2 feet tall, you are not fat! But I can understand wanting clothes to fit better no matter how small we are. You are gonna do great! You hardly have anything to lose so you should be proud of yourself already!!! No more tears girl!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lbecker28
WOE: M&E
Would lox be acceptable for Stillman's? I am getting tired of boiled eggs everyday for breakfast. My label says 5 grams of fat per 4 oz serving, 0 carbs and 137 calories.
lbecker28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scootergal
Stats: 167/157/135
Start Date: May 23, 2010
Hi, I'm new here. I started Stillman's last Sunday. I have been stuck at 167lb for some time. My husband is on a long business trip and it seemed like the best time to do it.

Its almost the end of Day 6 and I have lost 7lbs. To be honest, I had hoped for more, especially since I did not cheat, per se, but I'll happilly take that. At this point I have ZERO desire to cheat. I have invested too much time in this diet already to screw things up. As the book says, once there is a lapse, it takes 2 days to get back on track. Well I can't wait that long to lose weight! hahaha.

Anyway, I am still fine tuning. I intend to really analyze what I did this past week to improve my performance. For example, I overlooked "skim" and have been doing this on regular cheese, but I don't eat that much of it.

Also, I have been having issues hitting that 80oz of water, I can get to like 66oz, then fade out. Does that difference really affect my weight loss? What is your experience?

Also, what are your typical experiences in terms of weight loss a week? I have heard the average is about 5lbs a week. Is that accurate?

Anyway, if I lose the same amount next week I will be THRILLED. I have not been on that side of the scale in several years
scootergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #74

I think water is very important. You should drink more.
Water, on one hand, keeps you feel full longer, on other hand, it washes every-no-need things from your body out, include fat !
I drink abt 6l a day, sometimes more, 4-5 of 1.5l bottles with 2-3 coke diet... bla bla
Old 05-29-2010, 09:49 PM   #75

Quote:
unless you are 2 feet tall, you are not fat! But I can understand wanting clothes to fit better no matter how small we are. You are gonna do great! You hardly have anything to lose so you should be proud of yourself already!!! No more tears girl!!!
Thank so much for the encouragement . Haha
Im 5'3'', the same as you
Today i start with 2oz of beef cooked plain and 1.5l of water, I am drink another 1.5l
And i feel so full, not stuff but i dont want to eat anything.
I plan to spend 2 hours on elliptical trainer at moderate speed + 300+ of jumping rope to speed my heart beat up.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:31 AM   #76

Damn, today i did wrong >"< i bought the soluble fiber- inulin and figure out, it IS a kind of carb which contains only 1kcal/g. I drank abt 10g of it...
And the lactose bacillus bacterium supplement provides a lot lactose with sugar...
They've ruined everything.

Menu for today:
2oz of beef.
3oz of grilled pork
2oz of chicken

I am wondering if we eat too little, will it slow down the metabolism ?

Last edited by Suri; 05-30-2010 at 06:33 AM..
Old 05-30-2010, 06:46 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies!

Welcome Scooter! I think 7lbs in 6 days is a great loss. That's what I lost in my first week. Some people lose more water, and so it shows up a greater loss, but since I've always been a big water drinker, I don't retain too much, and therefore don't have such big losses. But I know that what I'm losing is fat at least. Try and up your water. My average weight loss when I'm sticking to plan 100% is about 0.5 - 0.8 lbs a day. But I need to stop weighing every day as my weight loss goes down, then up, then down in alternate days and it screws with my outlook and mentality for the day.

Becker - how is it going weight loss wise? I have no idea what "lox" is!? So can't help you there, I'm afraid. I'm sure one of the other girls can help you though.

Myers - Where you at? How's it going?

Yesterday wasn't as planned as hoped for. But today will be good, until I get down to next goal of 205. I plan to weigh on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

Menu should be as followed today:

3 boiled eggs
Chicken broth
Maybe some turkey breast
3 cups of tea
4.5 litres water

Will check in later to make sure I keep to that menu!
Old 05-30-2010, 06:47 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Damn, today i did wrong >"< i bought the soluble fiber- inulin and figure out, it IS a kind of carb which contains only 1kcal/g. I drank abt 10g of it...
And the lactose bacillus bacterium supplement provides a lot lactose with sugar...
They've ruined everything.

Menu for today:
2oz of beef.
3oz of grilled pork
2oz of chicken

I am wondering if we eat too little, will it slow down the metabolism ?
Suri, often eating too little can make people stall and it's always a good thing to vary your calorie count each day, or have one day of the week when you eat a lot more than usual. I know that from experience and from others who have been eating very little calories getting to a stall and breaking it by upping their calories for a day.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:08 AM   #79
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, yeah I on a 2 day stall here. Very annoying. I think I am going to use a tape measure so maybe even if I do not lose weight, I'll see my size diminish.

Well, lets hope anyway.

Can't believe I haven't cheated yet my Starbucks gift card keeps staring me in the face. sigh.

What they do say is true, my cravings seem controllable and I'm not particularly hungry.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

My menu today was good, though a little too much diet coke.

L: Turkey breast. Chicken broth
D: 3 boiled eggs
Liquids: 5 litres water. 1 litre diet coke. 3 cups of tea.

Total calories: 434

I can't weigh tomorrow as I missed my bus home and will be travelling over night. So rather than M, W, F, Sat weigh-ins, it will be Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

My goals for this week are:

1. To get to 205lbs by Saturday.
2. Drink less diet coke
3. Stay on PURE STILLMAN'S
4. Do not weigh every day
5. Do not look at recipes/low carb dishes/food photos as it makes me feel deprived
6. Vary calorie intake
7. Eat more smaller meals (at least 4 a day)

Any specific goals this week, girls?

Last edited by kamills; 05-30-2010 at 01:36 PM..
Old 05-30-2010, 03:27 PM   #81
Junior LCF Member

Kam:

I'm really impressed with that calorie intake, wow.

I guess my main goal is to get below 160. I seem stuck.

Drink more water.

Do more mini meals as opposed to 3 a day.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:38 PM   #82

So suprised! i dont fell hungry, always feel full with water, i dont want to eat anything, i feel ill with food >"<
This morning i forced myself to finish 2 eggs, very small one, i think only 25-30g each of it.
It seems like a whole day i am fine with only 2 eggs ! I will weight myself tmr.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:46 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootergal View Post
Kam:

I'm really impressed with that calorie intake, wow.

I guess my main goal is to get below 160. I seem stuck.

Drink more water.

Do more mini meals as opposed to 3 a day.
I usually eat a little more. But I'm a little worried that staying at such low levels is going to mess with my metabolism later on. I'm going to try and vary my calories a bit more. Eating more often will up them a little. Also, I didn't eat much yesterday cause I ate off plan on Saturday, and I got up late. Usually my calories are around 600-700. Which I still think is too low. But I don't know... I don't have any experience with the long term effects! How much do you have to lose to get under 160?
Old 05-31-2010, 04:47 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So suprised! i dont fell hungry, always feel full with water, i dont want to eat anything, i feel ill with food >"<
This morning i forced myself to finish 2 eggs, very small one, i think only 25-30g each of it.
It seems like a whole day i am fine with only 2 eggs ! I will weight myself tmr.
Try and eat a little more. Eggs are not the easiest to eat when not hungry. If you don't eat more now, when you start eating again, it's likely you'll gain some back.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:18 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: j4Christ
Stats: 166/155/110 5'2" w/ shoes
Hi all! I just got done reading through this thread and plan to get started on the May thread. It sounds tough, but I think it's time for some tough love for this gal. I'm really not too far from goal, but it's been SOOOOOO long since I've been lower than the weight I'm at and I just want to be DONE!

I really hate when people tweak perfect plans to fit their desires, but here goes...do you think that skim milk in my morning coffee would hurt? If he allows skim cottage cheese, it seems it wouldn't be too bad. Anyone else, do that? You would think I could just follow the plan as written, but the coffee thing is what always derails me on a given plan. I think I could live with skim milk. Anyway, thanks for any advice!

KUTGW!!!!! Hopefully I will be joining and posting more!
Luke 1:37-For nothing is impossible with God.
j4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:34 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4Christ View Post
Hi all! I just got done reading through this thread and plan to get started on the May thread. It sounds tough, but I think it's time for some tough love for this gal. I'm really not too far from goal, but it's been SOOOOOO long since I've been lower than the weight I'm at and I just want to be DONE!

I really hate when people tweak perfect plans to fit their desires, but here goes...do you think that skim milk in my morning coffee would hurt? If he allows skim cottage cheese, it seems it wouldn't be too bad. Anyone else, do that? You would think I could just follow the plan as written, but the coffee thing is what always derails me on a given plan. I think I could live with skim milk. Anyway, thanks for any advice!

KUTGW!!!!! Hopefully I will be joining and posting more!
Hi J4! Welcome! You can definitely reach goal with Stillman's. About the skimmed milk. I think it should be OK but in moderation. I'm a big tea drinker (with milk), and though I try not to drink it as much on plan, considering I don't eat any other dairy, I don't think it does any harm. I know others who haven't given up that and still have lost weight, but the key is moderation. How many cups do you drink a day and how much milk do you add? Try and reduce it a little.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:11 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: j4Christ
Stats: 166/155/110 5'2" w/ shoes
Quote:
Hi J4! Welcome! You can definitely reach goal with Stillman's. About the skimmed milk. I think it should be OK but in moderation. I'm a big tea drinker (with milk), and though I try not to drink it as much on plan, considering I don't eat any other dairy, I don't think it does any harm. I know others who haven't given up that and still have lost weight, but the key is moderation. How many cups do you drink a day and how much milk do you add? Try and reduce it a little.
I do drink quite a bit of coffee in the morning. I'm hoping to keep the milk to a cup. Does that sound reasonable? I guess I just have to try. I would still like to have the cottage cheese. Do you think I should choose one or the other or could I have both?

This thread is great. I have started on the May one and I'm already lost I think I will stay here until I get the hang of "pure" Stillman's. BTW-I'm starting tomorrow (Tues.) but staying LC today (with a bit of wine)

Thanks for the help!
j4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:24 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4Christ View Post
I do drink quite a bit of coffee in the morning. I'm hoping to keep the milk to a cup. Does that sound reasonable? I guess I just have to try. I would still like to have the cottage cheese. Do you think I should choose one or the other or could I have both?

This thread is great. I have started on the May one and I'm already lost I think I will stay here until I get the hang of "pure" Stillman's. BTW-I'm starting tomorrow (Tues.) but staying LC today (with a bit of wine)

Thanks for the help!
See how it goes the first week with a cup, and then if you're not getting the results you'd hope for you can reduce it more. How does that sound? I still chug down diet coke and use AS, and have the occasional day off but I'm still losing, so I'd say see how your body reacts.

The May thread is great, we'll be starting a new one tomorrow for June. There are far more people there, and lots of people who don't follow strict Stillman's or who rotate with other diets, and it's more gossippy and less focused on goals. Here it's more goal oriented and pure Stillman's. I update everyday with my menu and my weekly goals. It helps me to stay motivated. And there's a different group of people here. Both are great, but serve different purposes is what I think I'm trying to say in a very long-winded way!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:34 AM   #89

Quote:
Try and eat a little more. Eggs are not the easiest to eat when not hungry. If you don't eat more now, when you start eating again, it's likely you'll gain some back.
Yeah, i think i should eat around 1000/day, some days for 700-800 and some days for 1200 (the max)
It is also what i am considering, the faster you loose, the faster you gain it back. And i dont want to be a yo-yo dieter.
So i am thinking after 10-14 days in Stillmans to switch to Meat/Egg fast (which means adding some fat !) for 10 days then add back steadily carefully 5g/week with the Fat Fast haha, it sounds like i go every FAST that exists in the world .How do you think ?
All of them are around 1000 cal only but i want to make sure i wont gain back so quickly.
I had experienced from eating only 400-500 kc/day. I lost rapidly 10 pounds in 1 month and i did vary my kcal (800-200-600, etc). Every day with veggies, 2 servings of fruit, 100g tofu.
I was so slim, 104 pounds but only in 3 weeks, yes, i took a trip to Korea, within a month ~! without exercises, i gained 8 pounds ! Then 1 more week (now) i am sitting at 126 pounds ... That is the reason why i am here !!!

By the way, my menu for today
5 eggs
1/2c of steamed pork
4 slices of lean ham, no carb, not too much fat... i was at the supermarket for my job, so hungry, this is the best thing i could find out.

Last edited by Suri; 05-31-2010 at 08:45 AM..
Old 05-31-2010, 01:18 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Suri - I think you should do what you think is best for your body. I don't know anything about the fat fast. What is it? Personally, what I want to be doing once I get down to a better weight, is to introduce what I consider "healthy fats" and "healthy carbs", so more veggies and olive oil, omega 3 fish, nuts, as that is what I think I'd be able to sustain in the long term. Everyone is different and you need to work out what the best long term solution is for you. I'm yet to do Stillman's for longer than 10 days. I want to try and do it for two weeks. Today being day 2. So 12 more days. I've also done the very low calorie diet (not low carb specifically) and lost about 15 lbs, but it is much harder to maintain that way and I felt so deprived that it always ended in a week long binge.