Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   coffee question (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/673863-coffee-question.html)

lita's way 05-08-2010 08:06 PM

coffee question

hi every one.right now im doing atkins 72.was having cream in my coffee
but kept overdoing it. so i went back to my non dairy creamer.
well i really want to do stillmans but i dont like to drink my coffee black'
and i cant stand skim milk as i feel its just colored water.any ideas on what i can use?giving up my coffee is something i really dont want to do as i have given up every thing else. TIA

IM2fat 05-08-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by at it again (Post 13459617)
hi every one.right now im doing atkins 72.was having cream in my coffee
but kept overdoing it. so i went back to my non dairy creamer.
well i really want to do stillmans but i dont like to drink my coffee black'
and i cant stand skim milk as i feel its just colored water.any ideas on what i can use?giving up my coffee is something i really dont want to do as i have given up every thing else. TIA

They make Sugar free creamer that is only 1 carb per serving. . if you really have to have some, I would consider trying that. .

lita's way 05-08-2010 08:26 PM

oh thanks im2fat i was really worried about that.
by the way is any one else doing stillmans that have thyroid issues.
ive been doing low carb for 4 months and have only lost 11#. i was thinking
i could have a screwy thyroid. thanks again

IM2fat 05-09-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by at it again (Post 13459676)
oh thanks im2fat i was really worried about that.
by the way is any one else doing stillmans that have thyroid issues.
ive been doing low carb for 4 months and have only lost 11#. i was thinking
i could have a screwy thyroid. thanks again

I low carbed for six months before I went to the Doc only to find out I did have thyroid problems. I suggest going either way to get your blood sugar, thyroid, cholesterol levels checked. Thryoid issues are a more common problem then most people realize. Hey. .for questions, you may want to try the May thread of stillmans. .A lot of good people on there willing to answer a lot of questions. . Good luck

lita's way 05-09-2010 10:51 AM

ok thanks

JoyS 07-14-2010 07:20 AM

Hi Lita, I too cant drink coffee black, and cant give up coffee
non-diary creamer sounds like a good alternative

It'stime 07-15-2010 07:55 PM

hi Lita's Way,
I just crossed that bridge today. I decided to have a little half and half. I'm gonna check my weight once a week and see what I need to tweek to keep losing.

milo_juniper 12-05-2010 08:16 PM

I know this thread is really old, but...

Have you heard of Bee's Egg Drink? It's 2 eggs blended with 1T butter, 1T coconut oil, and stevia & cinnamon to taste mixed with hot water. I've made it a couple of times with hot coffee instead of hot water, and it was delicious. Now that I'm getting ready to start Stillman's, I was thinking about drinking it sans butter/oil. In fact, I'm probably going to have 2 eggs blended into my coffee tomorrow for breakfast tomorrow, so I'll report back and let everyone know the verdict.

emky 01-18-2011 01:34 PM

Milo, how did the egg drink sans butter work out?

Also, do you use a blender? Are the eggs raw (I assume?)?

milo_juniper 01-19-2011 08:35 AM

Emky, it's not as tasty without the extra fat, but it's still good! The trick is to blend the eggs really well first (I use a Magic Bullet), and then add the coffee and blend.

emky 01-19-2011 03:17 PM

Thank you! Hmm... I always make a meringue fluff for dessert out of raw egg whites, but I never considered a shake-like beverage. Is it best at room temp or cold?

milo_juniper 01-19-2011 09:28 PM

I've been drinking it warm because I make it with hot coffee.