Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Stillman's (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/)
-   -   Stillman's May B Winners at Losing (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/stillmans/672902-stillmans-may-b-winners-losing.html)

IM2fat 05-01-2010 07:36 AM

Stillman's May B Winners at Losing
 
:hiya::hiya: Welcome to the May thread of Stillman's Losers! We are a friendly bunch dedicated to kicking the fat to the curb once and for all! Please join us and feel free to post your thoughts, questions, success stories and rants and be prepared for a warm welcome! No matter what Stillman's plan you are on, we welcome you and would love you to join the rest of us losers on this journey. Lurkers! May is the month. We are looking forward to see a lot less of everyone!!! :laugh:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/st...-off-diet.html
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/st...p-program.html
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/st...loss-diet.html
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/st...n-recipes.html

aleriaaa 05-01-2010 07:41 AM

Hooray for May!!! Come one! Come all!!

IM2fat 05-01-2010 07:55 AM

OK.. so what does everyone have on their minds on this first day of May? Due to the rain, I have to cancel my morning walk but I'm thinking some Isometic crunches may be in order: Oh and just in case you forgot, here's the recap:

Lay on your back with your knees bent and legs in the air, cross feet one over the other
Slowely bed at the waist using your ab muscles until your head is a few inches off the ground
Hold pose for a few second, release
do five sets of 10 ..

Ready, set. . Go!!!

Done yet, Al?

Getting there!!! 05-01-2010 07:59 AM

Found it!!:hiya::hiya::hiya:
New month, new avi, Im2!!! I like it!!!

Rhianmusic 05-01-2010 08:06 AM

New to diet
 
Hi,

I have literally just started this diet 2 days ago and it seems to be going ok, apart from an initial glitch concerning bacon.

Just got a quick question, if you get a sweet craving which I know I will as I have a sweet tooth, are you allowed a small amount of sugar free jelly (I think it's called gello in the USA)?

Thanks

Getting there!!! 05-01-2010 08:13 AM

Hi Rhian! :welcome: You'll do great here, it's a great supportive bunch!!:heart: Yeah I think Stillman said you could have some sugar-free jelly..(I'm not 100% sure tho).be careful cos it could cause more cravings! Are you from Ireland or the U.K.? I never know the difference between jelly and jam in the U.S.!!

Getting there!!! 05-01-2010 08:14 AM

Ok peeps!! Me and my bike have a date!! I shall talk to ye later!!

Rhianmusic 05-01-2010 08:18 AM

Thanks for the advice, don't want to do anything to ruin my diet, it seems like a nice friendly forum here and I am sure that I will need some support on this diet!!!

I am from the UK by the way

IM2fat 05-01-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhianmusic (Post 13433912)
Hi,

I have literally just started this diet 2 days ago and it seems to be going ok, apart from an initial glitch concerning bacon.

Just got a quick question, if you get a sweet craving which I know I will as I have a sweet tooth, are you allowed a small amount of sugar free jelly (I think it's called gello in the USA)?

Thanks

Good Morning, Rhian! Glad you could join us and so glad you've decided to try Stillman's. I think the rest of us "ole timers" will agree that your sweet tooth will literally disappear after the first few days. Once your body goes into Ketosis (burning fat instead of sugar) . .you may even have to make a conscious effort to eat! Many followers find out that adding even artificial sweetners boostes the cravings so many of us avoid them. I would advise against it but if a little keeps you on the straight and narrow and doesn't trigger other cravings, then you have to do what works for you! I just rescanned some of the programs, but I didn't see it listed. Which program are you following?

O and if you mean, Jello as in Gelatin. .I think that's OK. . I know some peeps put it in their Cottage cheese..

Again! :welcome:

IM2fat 05-01-2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getting there!!! (Post 13433936)
Ok peeps!! Me and my bike have a date!! I shall talk to ye later!!

OK, GT. . you are excused from Isometric Class today.. Enjoy your bike!

aleriaaa 05-01-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IM2fat (Post 13433887)
Done yet, Al?


Gonna go find a clean spot on the work rug now! For real. Gonna do it!

IM2fat 05-01-2010 08:52 AM

OK. .me too . .

Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow

aleriaaa 05-01-2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhianmusic (Post 13433912)
I have literally just started this diet 2 days ago and it seems to be going ok, apart from an initial glitch concerning bacon.

Just got a quick question, if you get a sweet craving which I know I will as I have a sweet tooth, are you allowed a small amount of sugar free jelly (I think it's called gello in the USA)?

Thanks

:welcome: Rhian!!!!! I too have a weakness for bacon.... but now I will use it for my "planned" cheats!

sugar free gelatin is fine, but may cause a stall in some. (the artificial sugars) I use Crystal Light (a sugar free drink mix) to keep my sweet tooth at bay. I would stay away from jelly or jam. (Actually strawberry jelly might taste good on chicken) :eek: Stick with the gelatin and if you arent getting good results, you may have to stop.

aleriaaa 05-01-2010 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getting there!!! (Post 13433936)
Ok peeps!! Me and my bike have a date!! I shall talk to ye later!!

Get your ride on girl! Good for you!!

GwnStfni 05-01-2010 08:59 AM

Hi ladies!
Quick check in as I am at work and it's going to be a busy busy busy day. I think it's supposed to get up to 88-90 degrees today and the humidity is out of control!!! Agh, bad hair day, fo sho. It's already kinda tough to breathe out there! Anyway, down half a pound today. :) Today is going to be lean stuff but I might have a higher fat dinner to prep for tomorrow... Worried since I am going my favorite wing place with my friends, before we drink, that the fat is gonna go right through me, like it sometimes tends to do!!! :eek::blush: Not cute.

Anyway, thanks for letting me get all that off my chest yesterday, lol, feel better. We are all so different and I think there's someone here for each of us, to give us the words we need to hear, at the right time. :hugs: Okay, gotta eat my hard boiled egg, I'm starving!!! Have a great day everyone and I will check in when I can!

aleriaaa 05-01-2010 09:04 AM

:hiya: GWN!!!! Woohoo on the 1/2 pound loss!!


Well ladies...I did my crunches (only 3 sets of 10) My boney spine couldnt take the hard floor. sorry. I tried! I do think I already feel it in my tummy though. Those things work!

aleriaaa 05-01-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IM2fat (Post 13433887)
OK.. so what does everyone have on their minds on this first day of May?

I am being studious today and brought with me QWl and Inches Off. Gonna hit the books!!!

BTW: my body does not take well to exercise...feeling a little pukey..:sick:

Getting there!!! 05-01-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleriaaa (Post 13434102)
I am being studious today and brought with me QWl and Inches Off. Gonna hit the books!!!

BTW: my body does not take well to exercise...feeling a little pukey..:sick:

So that's your excuse is it!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Getting there!!! 05-01-2010 10:33 AM

Congrats on the loss Gwn!! Just wondering s Tragic Kingdom reall the name of a place??!!

Getting there!!! 05-01-2010 10:35 AM

Ok peeps--what do ye call the fruity sugary thing you spread on toast?? And the thing you eat with icecrem?? It's been bugging me!! (i like to know these things!!)

Getting there!!! 05-01-2010 10:36 AM

Well I'm back!! Miss me???? I did an hour and 15mins on the bike while listening to Gaga! And now I'm having a tin of tuna and tea!

Getting there!!! 05-01-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleriaaa (Post 13434100)
:hiya: GWN!!!! Woohoo on the 1/2 pound loss!!


Well ladies...I did my crunches (only 3 sets of 10) My boney spine couldnt take the hard floor. sorry. I tried! I do think I already feel it in my tummy though. Those things work!

Oh they do!! The first time I did Pilates-which has a lot of weird crunches- I couldn't actually turn over in the bed to turn off the alarm!!:eek::laugh:
I have to get back to it!!

Getting there!!! 05-01-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleriaaa (Post 13434102)
I am being studious today and brought with me QWl and Inches Off. Gonna hit the books!!!

BTW: my body does not take well to exercise...feeling a little pukey..:sick:

Tell us any new info you find out!! We have to keep motivated!!
Actually I'm feling much better after my bike ride!!:D

Getting there!!! 05-01-2010 10:44 AM

<---------------For you, Al---Gaga cupcakes!!!!

IM2fat 05-01-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getting there!!! (Post 13434304)
Ok peeps--what do ye call the fruity sugary thing you spread on toast?? And the thing you eat with icecrem?? It's been bugging me!! (i like to know these things!!)

The sugary substance you spread on toast is known as Jam (usually thick with berry chunks. .very syrupy sweet) or Jelly (Clear substance. .I think they only use the juice of the berry to make) . . and the thing you eat on ice cream is usually called syrup and has a runnier consistency than jelly or Jam. . but sometime people put jam on ice cream, too? All very confusing. .

You know what Jello is then, right? It is just a brand name for Gelatin. .

IM2fat 05-01-2010 10:50 AM

GT: Cute Avi. .

OK I'm prancing around the house in shorts and a cami. . letting it all hang out! I really gotta get a shake weight. . Dang!

IM2fat 05-01-2010 10:54 AM

Hey Al: I just got my book today in the mail: "when you eat at the refrigerator, pull up a chair.. 50 ways to feel thin, gorgeous and happy.. I can't wait to sit down and read it. . I'll report what I find out!

Getting there!!! 05-01-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IM2fat (Post 13434335)
The sugary substance you spread on toast is known as Jam (usually thick with berry chunks. .very syrupy sweet) or Jelly (Clear substance. .I think they only use the juice of the berry to make) . . and the thing you eat on ice cream is usually called syrup and has a runnier consistency than jelly or Jam. . but sometime people put jam on ice cream, too? All very confusing. .

You know what Jello is then, right? It is just a brand name for Gelatin. .

:laugh:Thanks! We call the toast stuff jam too!!
But then what's the wobbly stuff you put with ice-cream, not the syrup--you make it by melting a chunk of it in boiling water and then letting set in the fridge-we call it jelly.It has flavours like strwbery etc. It's not the clear thing-that's gelatin I think!
Nope didn't know that's what Jello was-thought that's what ye called jam!!!

Getting there!!! 05-01-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IM2fat (Post 13434340)
GT: Cute Avi. .

OK I'm prancing around the house in shorts and a cami. . letting it all hang out! I really gotta get a shake weight. . Dang!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I don't even own shorts!!!!!

Getting there!!! 05-01-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IM2fat (Post 13434350)
"when you eat at the refrigerator, pull up a chair..

Whaaaaaat?????????????:laugh::laugh: Wouldn't taht make you eat more because you'd be nice and comfy!!!!!:laugh:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:07 PM.