Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
well i drank over a gallon of water today.. with CL in most of it, but YAY! Had meat and more meat.. i look forward to a loss in the morning! Whoosh Fairy you need to hit my place up tonight! LOL

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2010, 08:18 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdladie View Post
Hello everyone!! I am sticking to plan. Sorry just don't want to join you on that path no excuses here since I was not so good during the first 2 weeks of my recovery.

Lisa- I was not able to use my flex account to cover my surgery. The stomach extra skin was not considered cosmetic but all the rest was. I paid 10,000 extra for the whole lower body lift. I used care credit and paid it off in 3 months at no interest. I just paid another $10,000 for the upper part. I had a breast lift with implants in this one and had extra skin cut from my sides so an extended breast lift really. I did use care credit again but knew I could not pay it off in 3 months so I used 18 month no interest.

So far the boobs look ok, need a lot more healing time to make sure I am thrilled.

I am eating turkey today and eggs. That is the menu. I roasted a whole turkey breast and that is what I am sticking with.

Tania
HOLY CRAP! What is it u do that allows u to pay off that much in 3 months lol..or even 18 months?!?!

My dreams just went up in smoke..
Anyone know of a nice sugar Daddy?!?
Old 05-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loveyaxo
Stats: 164/161.1/130
WOE: Dr.Stillmans quick weight loss diet
Start Date: 04/26/10
Well TOM is here as well. U know i never heard it called that and for a while i was like what is TOM but now i get u guys have taught me lots. Also read about floaties here and now I want to drink water so i can check for floaties for reassurance that I'm still in ketosis.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #184
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hey Guys!!! Are you kidding me??? 7 pages already?? LOL. I cannot keep up. We are in Sonoma. Beautiful wine country. So I have decided my plan for the week will be the "WINE AND MEAT DIET". lol. seriously. there is wine everywhere. free wine. great wine! white wine, red wine.....all good wine. Today I had a hard boiled egg and then grilled chicken, salmon, tri-tip steak and shrimp!!! All great, but all with a side of wine.....

I did go to the hotel gym and worked out for 2 hours!!! TWO HOURS!!! Seems my body is used to working out after the fitness retreat week. I love it!!!! Hallelujah!!!!

Did I tell you I packed my scale? Yep. brought the old ball and chain. It's in the spa like bathroom right next to the jacuzzi tub and I am gonna hop on it every morning. I also packed a cooler with turkey breast, hard boiled eggs, hard block mozzerella cheese, etc. I'm gonna low carb it. But I am definitely drinking wine!

It is so cool to step on that scale and see the lower number. I swear I will see lower numbers this week, even with the chardonnay and cabernet. Seriously.

Hugs, all!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 05-03-2010, 03:28 AM   #185
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
I know, Im2---work sucks!!! Disrupts our LCF time!!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 03:29 AM   #186
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
HOLY CRAP! What is it u do that allows u to pay off that much in 3 months lol.
I thought that too!!! I need that job!!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 03:30 AM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveyaxo View Post
Well TOM is here as well. U know i never heard it called that and for a while i was like what is TOM but now i get u guys have taught me lots. Also read about floaties here and now I want to drink water so i can check for floaties for reassurance that I'm still in ketosis.
I didn't know that either!! I had never heard it before!!!
PS. don't know what floaties are....not sure I want too..they sound weird!!!...Actually do want to know!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 03:32 AM   #188
Big Yapper!!!!

Yam, I'm jealous of your hotel!! Too funny that you brought the scale with you!! Now that's dedication!!! You are so pyched up about the exercise.....I love it!!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 03:34 AM   #189
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm down another 2lbs today peeps! I know it's prob just water but still....it IS good to see those numbers go down....so I'll take it!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 06:08 AM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Good Morning Everyone!!!!!!

9 rounds of Jose Cuervo and I survived to write about it!! hahaha Yesterday was a blast and I stuck to my meat. bacon wrapped scallops and chicken legs (with skin). So good, and I lost 2 pounds too!

GT- COngrats on the loss...its starting to fly off. woohoo

Yam - I am so jealous!!! Have a great time in sonoma. What a wonderful reward after boot camp. Keep up the good work!

Gwn - hows your hangover?? hope you had a blast

loveya- I too am curious about floaties...

IM2 - I love this quote: Don't give up what you want most for what you want at the moment! Thank you so much for posting it!! We should hang this in our pantry and fridge. Good stuff

and everyone else- New Day. New You. Eat Meat!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 06:14 AM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizza11 View Post
Ok so I fell of the wagon a little. I worked 75 hrs in 6 days and found it hard to plan ahead. I am also the manager in a banquet department and am around amazing food all day. Hence why I need to lose weight. I didn't gain which is good and Tom is here so bloated is an understatement. I am so depressed it's hard to get motivated again. Help me to get motivated someone please!

Oh well it's a new month and a new me
Hi mizza!!! sorry its been tough. I always keep a stock pile of tuna fish pouches at my job so I always have something legal on hand. Buy an extra can opener and leave it there too. Then you can bring in cans of chicken or turkey. Just a thought. hope all is well!
Old 05-03-2010, 06:17 AM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
but May is a new cheat-free month!!!!
Let's see if we can al make it to the end with no cheats WHATSOEVER...no little extras, no CL, no artificial sweetners...no BLTs no little teaspoons of mayo with tuna!...literally QWL by the book!! Right? Let's see if we can prove the nice Dr. Stillman and his promises right!!
I am so up for this!! This thing has to work!! And Summer is literally knocking at the door!!!
OK GT!!! no wine either....Im in. I said I would start today!!! here I go!!
Old 05-03-2010, 06:34 AM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Al! Glad you had a brilliant day!!....and you didn't eat those brownies?? I'm so proud of you! (mmm just wondering if I could have been so good!) Oh yeah no wine!!!! Nope nothing ilegal will pass these lips for a month(at least, but we'll take it one month at a time!)
Congrats on your loss too!! You know I'm thinking maybe the ahem (I can't type that sound!) "refeed" did our bodies the world of good!!! It changed it up a bit and now thay can go back to fat burning all renewed!!! (so I'm gonna tell myself!...until it slows down again and then yup I'll probably start moaning again!)
So far today I've had 2 eggs and a turkey breast and 4 glasses (tall glasses!) of water and 2 cups of tea. Oh yeah and I got up uextra early to do an hor on the bike before work....but I was so tired!!!!
Looked at the shake weight on the net last night...I was wondering shold I get it!! **** I think the "ewe" key on my laptop has jst broken. I'm typoing and nothing's happeneing!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 05-03-2010, 06:36 AM   #194
Big Yapper!!!!

it has! It wont work. How did that happen.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:49 AM   #195
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mizza11
Stats: 212/177.5/130-------- 187 when started stillman's
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 3/13/10-Low Fat ----4/12/10-Stillman's
I'm starting fresh today. Can't wait to see that scale go down again.

Starting weight for May 176.5 lbs.

Here we go
Old 05-03-2010, 07:37 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
Ok guys I know 10K in three months but I used my savings to do it. I started saving for this as soon as I started seeing the change in my body. It was worth every penny. Tomorrow I will post new pictures on the plastic surgery website you can PM me and I will let you take a look but be warned nudity is there and it is scary!

4 pounds over my stats I know some is swelling but how much?

I am pushing on to get this weight off 25 pounds will put me still over weight but I still will need one more plastic surgery.

Everyone have a great on plan day!

It's all about me for a change!
Old 05-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #197
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
You know I'm thinking maybe the ahem (I can't type that sound!) "refeed" did our bodies the world of good!!! It changed it up a bit and now thay can go back to fat burning all renewed!!!
I'll go with that!! Sounds so good it HAS TO BE TRUE!!!! lets see how it goes for a few weeks and schedule another feed! something fun to look forward to! (but lets not make it too much fun or else..)
Old 05-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #198
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Tania!!! I think you are amazing. Thank you so much for being open and sharing your journey with us. You have so much to be proud of. big hugs to you!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Morning Gals!

so far, so good today. . 64 oz of water down, one large black, black coffee :-( , one boiled egg and one chicken breast. . I couldn't help it. .I was hungry. Does that mean I'm losing? Won't know until Thursday. .I may even put it off until Friday just because that's the way I am. . No scale for me. . Yam, you are one dedicated woman!

Calories: 229 so far today. . . :-)
Old 05-03-2010, 08:31 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi Tania!!! I think you are amazing. Thank you so much for being open and sharing your journey with us. You have so much to be proud of. big hugs to you!!!
I agree! I just love seeing the differences in before and after pictures. The after pictures always have a nice glow to them! Happy Auora or something.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'll go with that!! Sounds so good it HAS TO BE TRUE!!!! lets see how it goes for a few weeks and schedule another feed! something fun to look forward to! (but lets not make it too much fun or else..)
Hate to burst your bubble. .but don't get too cozy with that. . It didn't work for me!!! Of course, I didn't do a whole week. maybe that's my problem. .Yeah. . Thats it! Count me in next time
Old 05-03-2010, 12:04 PM   #202
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I agree!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:06 PM   #203
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Hate to burst your bubble. .but don't get too cozy with that. . It didn't work for me!!! Of course, I didn't do a whole week. maybe that's my problem. .Yeah. . Thats it! Count me in next time
yeah Im2! It's the ength of time that counts!! Hee!!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Is this the place?

Hi, I'm an old low-carb loser who is carrying almost all her old weight around. I have lost 12 pounds this calendar year so far, and I need to step it up a notch. Low-carb had not been working for me after the initial 60 lb loss, so as of this year I'm doing a Meditteranean Diet. Not low-carb exactly, but more like Atkins Maintenance. Two weeks ago I started a rotation thing where I do Stillmans for 4 days, Atkins for 3, then Meditteranean to give me a break. I lost 8 pounds and gained back 3. (two weeks) That's faster weight loss than usual!

I know it's not a standart WOE or diet plan, but I'm hoping it will work because of the Stillman's component. Do you all rotate on and off Stillman's? I feel that it is necessary for good nutrition. Anyone know where I can go for support?
Old 05-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #205
Blabbermouth!!!

GT: The only thing missing in this hotel room is a balcony. I love balconies! We do have a big gas log fireplace and a very deep jacuzzi tub, so I'm happy.

Al: a day late! sorry I missed that yesterday. Sounds like you are revved up and rarin' to go in May!

I just got back from a 3 mile walk. Took me an hour and 10 minutes with a short stop in a kitchen store to buy a skillet. We drove here so I have my car to put stuff in which is great. I also bought some birthday gifts for the grandies yesterday. Only thing about walking to that store was that I had to carry my loot back. lol. Burning extra calories, right?

So far I have had a hard boiled egg, black coffee and turkey breast.

I'm trying to decide whether to work out in the gym or go for a swim. DH wanted me to come to the company luncheon but, nah, too much tempting stuff!!

The weather is just gorgeous today. I probably should go out and walk some more.

Tomorrow the spouses have a day trip and a luncheon out. I think they pile us into a bus and are going to tour us around to historical sites and wineries. Should be fun, but not much exercise.

Everyone sounds so up beat! Great name for the new May thread by the way. Love it!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #206
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Hi, I'm an old low-carb loser who is carrying almost all her old weight around. I have lost 12 pounds this calendar year so far, and I need to step it up a notch. Low-carb had not been working for me after the initial 60 lb loss, so as of this year I'm doing a Meditteranean Diet. Not low-carb exactly, but more like Atkins Maintenance. Two weeks ago I started a rotation thing where I do Stillmans for 4 days, Atkins for 3, then Meditteranean to give me a break. I lost 8 pounds and gained back 3. (two weeks) That's faster weight loss than usual!

I know it's not a standart WOE or diet plan, but I'm hoping it will work because of the Stillman's component. Do you all rotate on and off Stillman's? I feel that it is necessary for good nutrition. Anyone know where I can go forupport?
Wow, Christine! You are an expert at the LC WOE!! I think you will find lots of support right here. In one way or another, we probably all rotate. Not exactly the same way, but some people do go back and forth from Stillman to Atkins.

I know when I am disciplined and can stick to Stillman's perfectly, I lose weight faster. My life circumstances, lots of travel, some times dictate how closely I can follow it.

To me, sometimes it's important to drop pounds very quickly (that's when I do 100% Stillman) and other times slow is ok. (Then I try to follow his Protein-Plus plan). That's what I will be doing this week. Lots of lean protein, some veggies, and wine! He says you can have a glass of dry wine every day. For me, it will definitely be two glasses a day!

Can't come here to wine country and not enjoy it!!!

Oh, who has the permission slips? Write one for me with your blessing, ok??
Old 05-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Denise In NY
Stats: 211/196/160 - 15 lbs. lost!
WOE: DWoe
Start Date: May 17, 2010
Hey all, just a quick fly by here! I've been doing pretty good. Tom visited today, as planned grrr! lol. I'm sitting here sweating like a hog. It's SO humid out but very cloudy and has been raining and thundering on and off over here. SO who is ready for Thur. Weigh day girls??
Old 05-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise In NY View Post
Hey all, just a quick fly by here! I've been doing pretty good. Tom visited today, as planned grrr! lol. I'm sitting here sweating like a hog. It's SO humid out but very cloudy and has been raining and thundering on and off over here. SO who is ready for Thur. Weigh day girls??
Me. . me. . me. . ((((maybe not until 'Friday, though. .I'll let you know!

can't stay long. .gotta run kids today. Good day so far. . I'm headed for my walk and will grill chicken when I get home. . MMmm. .chicken
Old 05-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Denise In NY
Stats: 211/196/160 - 15 lbs. lost!
WOE: DWoe
Start Date: May 17, 2010
mmmm Chicken!!! I am a little eh today. Meaning I can tell I can possibly be a little hungry later on. I try not to eat after 6 or 7 pm. I had my dinner at about almost 5 or a little after 5. Im2fat, I'll weigh in when you do, so let me know whenever you can ok! Girls, *Hugs* to you all! Gotta run as well!
Old 05-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Oh, Yam Yam, I will have to read up on that Protein Plus thing. I only know about QWL. I do know that for four years I followed the Atkins diet with very few cheats, but the cheats put on the pounds faster than I could take them off. Everyone tells me that low-carb won't work second time around. I'm desperate. Maybe what I'm doing is close enough to the Protein Plus.

I had planned to do the Stillman's today thru Thursday, but because of the floods, I could not shop. Starting tomorrow, wish me luck!

Last edited by smallerizing; 05-03-2010 at 05:03 PM..
Closed Thread