Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 10:13 AM   #1831
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
IM2 - Let's do it! Though really, for me, it's until 28th. The 29th and 30th I'm away for the weekend, and I won't be able to do Stillman's, just bog standard low calorie and low carb for those two days then straight back to it.

Thanks Al!

Gwn, I'm drooling at your loss, not the sloppy joes

Ok, so I have a couple of questions to all:

1. When you are doing Stillman's in its purest form, with no cheating, how much do weight loss per week do you average?

and

2. I have an addiction to milky tea. One which I can NOT kick, and an addiction that I find helps me stick to a woe rather than hinder it. I can usually keep my cups down to 2 or 3 a day, but the carbs in the milk worries me. I usually use skimmed milk, and per 100 mls there are 4.7gms of carbs. I would probably use about 50mls per cup of tea. Is there an alternative? I live in Spain, so it's unlikely I'll find any American brands out here. Cream in tea is just wrong... Do you think if I continue to have tea with skimmed milk I'm not going to see results?

Thanks!
Kamills: THere is a plan that allows you to have skim milk. .might be the 14 day plan. . I think it'll be OK. . you will burn plenty of those carbs off . .

I'm in . . It is amazing what you can do when you really put your mind to it. . I'm a terrible loser so I won't offer any advice on your question about typical weight loss. . I think I have the worst metabolism ever plus my age doesn't help. . But these girls (and guy) know how to do it. . Just watch 'em shrink away. . .

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2010, 10:48 AM   #1832
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

anyone feelin Poopy today? Just checkin??

I'm actually very shakey today. . I'm thinking too much green tea. . energizing, though. .I think . or maybe too jittery. .I only drank 1 cup O joe this morning. . too

Last edited by IM2fat; 05-16-2010 at 11:40 AM..
Old 05-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #1833
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Am I the only who who really dislikes cadbury eggs? Ick ick ick. Now let's get back to those mounds bars... mmmmmm. coconut. *drool*
EEk!!! How is it possible not to like creme eggs??? Chocolate-check!! Sweet gooey stuff-check! Mmmmm!!
We don't have mounds bars--are they like Nestle Bounty bars---coconut covered in choc--yum too!!
Old 05-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #1834
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Kamills you read are posts!!! Yup we dooo like to chat!!! You'll be at goal in no time with QWL!!
Old 05-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #1835
Big Yapper!!!!

Have fun out and about, Al!!
Old 05-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #1836
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Powerless!! Welcome!! Re the water-you could use the crystal light like lots of folks here!!!
I wish we had low-carb milk!! That would be handy!!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #1837
Big Yapper!!!!

Im2---why is Kitty sitting on the pott--are you having troubles!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #1838
Big Yapper!!!!

to your son!!!....you're far from old!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:04 AM   #1839
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
sloppy joes! *drool* I bet there's a low carb recipe for those...
Ok still being blonde--sloppy joes????....in my defense we don't have them!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:14 AM   #1840
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
IM2 - Let's do it! Though really, for me, it's until 28th. The 29th and 30th I'm away for the weekend, and I won't be able to do Stillman's, just bog standard low calorie and low carb for those two days then straight back to it.

Thanks Al!

Gwn, I'm drooling at your loss, not the sloppy joes

Ok, so I have a couple of questions to all:

1. When you are doing Stillman's in its purest form, with no cheating, how much do weight loss per week do you average?

and

2. I have an addiction to milky tea. One which I can NOT kick, and an addiction that I find helps me stick to a woe rather than hinder it. I can usually keep my cups down to 2 or 3 a day, but the carbs in the milk worries me. I usually use skimmed milk, and per 100 mls there are 4.7gms of carbs. I would probably use about 50mls per cup of tea. Is there an alternative? I live in Spain, so it's unlikely I'll find any American brands out here. Cream in tea is just wrong... Do you think if I continue to have tea with skimmed milk I'm not going to see results?

Thanks!
Oh Kamillls---you lovely english woman you!!! I loooooove my tea too!! These peeps don't appreciate it!! I have the same addiction!! I still take milk in it--tho a very very tiny amount- a lot less than 50mls--prob about max max max 2 tablespoons-maybe less! I have whittled it down a lot! I take the skim milk too. I can't drink it black. I don't think it will do you any harm-I don't think it did to me (tho I'll never reallly know, will I!!)
If you Stillman's by the book completely he says you will lose 5lbs a week--and in the beginning that really is true. The nearer you get to goal the slower it is--but that's true with any diet. That's the beauty of it tho, at the beginning it is seriously fast!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)

Last edited by Getting there!!!; 05-16-2010 at 11:16 AM..
Old 05-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #1841
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
You bet your sweet bootay it is WTG girl!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #1842
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
I am working as an English teacher- LOL I know you can't tell with the way I type!
Join the club!!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #1843
Big Yapper!!!!

Chantyl and Gwn-congrats on the loses!
Im2-congrats on the hair and the belt!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #1844
Big Yapper!!!!

Menu today was 2HB eggs, grilled pork chop and a bowl of ground turkey! Exercise-40mins Pilates and 2 hrs on the bike!....just eaten my ground turkey (and a big mug of tea!) and peeps I'm stuffed!!...and satisfied!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #1845
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
to your son!!!....you're far from old!!!!!!!

Thanks GT. . he was born at 5:55 today. . after days of serious labor. . O.. I am so glad I never have to do that again. . He ended up as a C-section baby anyway. . Did you know 5 was always my lucky number? I think I was just feeling lucky to finally be out of pain. . hehehehe
Old 05-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #1846
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: daniela80
Stats: 199/189/125-5'5"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2008
Questions about Stillman's

Hi everyone,

I have been doing the Atkin's, but am going on vacation in July to PR and wish to lose. I was wondering can I drink hot tea and what is the average weight loss that one has lost on Stillman's.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #1847
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
Hey ladies!!!

I was out all day yesterday now I have lots of reading to do!

I wanted to report that in 2 days that I was on the program, I lost 8 pounds! I weighed myself on Tuesday and the scale read 198. I started LC on that day and went through Wednesday. Thursday I started Stillman's and unfortunately I didn't weigh-in that day, but Saturday morning I weighed and the scale read 190! I am attributing most of the loss to Stillman's. I have been doing LC for a long time and I never lose like that in the first few days of starting the plan.

We were invited out to breakfast with another family so I did LC yesterday, but I am back on Stillman's today and looking forward to the loss coming up this week!!

Now let me go back and catch up on the reading!
Old 05-16-2010, 12:08 PM   #1848
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The following tips are all required to maintain a healthy, happy, and prosperous life.

~ Eat a healthy diet

We all know we need to provide our physical bodies with high quality fuel if we want it to run properly. We should concentrate on eating a regular healthy diet high in nutrients and keep junk food to a minimum. Also include herbal and vitamin supplements.

~ Get plenty of physical exercise

Physical exercise is known for a load of benefits. Not just physical benefits, but for mental, emotional, and spiritual benefits as well. To live a longer and healthier life, move it, or lose it!

~ Get plenty of mental exercise

Keep challenging your mind to expand, grow, learn, and explore. Television has its place, but turn it off sometimes, in favor of a great book and increase your mental sharpness. Use it, or lose it!

~ Play hard

Some people are workaholics and feel guilty for having fun, but recreation is vital to maintaining balance in our lives. All work and no play is a recipe for burnout and contributes to lower productivity in every other area in your life.

~ Get adequate rest

Try to get as much uninterrupted sleep as you need to stay mentally sharp, emotionally sound, and physically rested. Sleep is your nervous system's way of healing and refueling your entire being.

~ Stay focused in the present moment

"Be anxious for nothing." (Phil 4:6) Regretting the past or worrying about the future is a complete waste of time. It stresses your emotions, which makes you more susceptible to disease. Besides, power is only found in the present moment.

~ Surround yourself with positive people

You can't fly like an eagle if you are running around with chickens. I believe a person tends to gravitate toward the style of thinking of their associates. Keep yourself surrounded with positive-minded people who are on the increase.

~ Laugh

Laughter will keep you healthy. "A merry heart does good like medicine." (Prov 17:22) There is humor in almost every situation. Sometimes, we just have to look for it.

~ Think positive

Examine how you feel emotionally at any given time. And then ask yourself, "What am I thinking about that's causing this feeling?" Thinking and feeling go hand in hand, and many times we don't even realize what we're thinking about.

~ Deal with your emotions

Have you been avoiding dealing with a negative emotion? If left unattended, it will eventually manifest itself in some form of physical illness. Sooner or later, you will express it, so express it sooner than later and stay healthy.

Taking good care of yourself is mandatory!
Old 05-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #1849
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer
Hi GT

I got this from wikipedia.
"Typical comfort foods in Ireland are boiled stews such as Irish stew, coddle, and colcannon and basic pork dishes such as the full Irish breakfast. These are typically served with soda bread and butter. Desserts include Goody and Barmbrack."

Is the pork in the full Irish breakfast like sausage or pork chops? Just curious. I've never heard of some of the other stuff.

Quote:
Hi! I haven't heard of them either! As for stew being comfort food---yuuuuuk! Irish don't like it! Visitors think it's all we eat-it's always in retaurants for them! Dunno what coodle is-think maybe it has cabbage or something! again yuk! Oh yeah bacon and cabbage is another thing that people think we like-again noooo! Colcannon-is that mashed potato and chopped onions, I think--now that we like!! (most of that stuff is from 1950s Ireland!)We do still like potatoes tho--especially with a blob of irish butter on top--yuuuuuum (can't actually remember the last time I had potato-sigh!
As for the irish breakie-fried sausages, fried egg, fried bacon-and then if you want mushrooms or tomatoes(fried being the important bit-but most have it grilled now)!! People don't eat that for break.--it's what you get in hotels! There would never be a pork chop in it-if you go to a restaurant and get what's called a mixed-grill then you'd get the pork too-and the grilled sausage, bacon etc.
Irish brown bread is sooooo good tho!! Again with butter!! Yeah actually we do like sausages, brown bread and potatoes---and tea!!!!!!!
BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA Irish food propaganda!!

You should edit the Wiki page!!
Old 05-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #1850
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I know... bastardino and all his little tokidoki friends. My favorite and lolol about hitting the box. I must say, I am guilty of indulging on boxed wine from time to time... hey, it's a good, cheap buzz! So I went out to celebrate my friends birthday... Got a vodka soda and only drank half of it over the course of an hour or so. I actually like this not drinking so much thing... I used to drink a couple beers, a few times a week. It's too easy to drink too much when you're a bartender.

That reminds me... On the topic of seafood... Is anyone else super freaked about eating seafood over the next several months, given the oil spill? It's often so difficult to know exactly where your seafood is coming from! Thoughts??
Gwn I could never tend bar I'd be on the floor in an hour. How do you do it? Watching people get stupid must be the trick. Of course there's the $$ motivator.

About the seafood. Should be a boon to the Northern corner fishernam (NE + NW)
I don't think we'll be in much danger here, so little of it comes from the Gulf. I'm sure the FDA and EPA will be all over it, watch the prices go up up up!

Last edited by CCGirl; 05-16-2010 at 12:32 PM..
Old 05-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #1851
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Go Marl!!!! Working out that 8lbs!!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #1852
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Thanks GT. . he was born at 5:55 today. . after days of serious labor. . O.. I am so glad I never have to do that again. . He ended up as a C-section baby anyway. . Did you know 5 was always my lucky number? I think I was just feeling lucky to finally be out of pain. . hehehehe
Old 05-16-2010, 12:25 PM   #1853
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1mon3 View Post
Hey ladies!!!

I was out all day yesterday now I have lots of reading to do!

I wanted to report that in 2 days that I was on the program, I lost 8 pounds! I weighed myself on Tuesday and the scale read 198. I started LC on that day and went through Wednesday. Thursday I started Stillman's and unfortunately I didn't weigh-in that day, but Saturday morning I weighed and the scale read 190!
Old 05-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #1854
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Manwhich?????
Manwich is the brand name of a canned sloppy joe sauce produced by ConAgra Foods, Inc. and Hunt's introduced in 1969. The can contains seasoned tomato sauce to which is added cooked ground beef and served on a hamburg style bun.

Hence the name sloppy joe, you're pretty much wearing it when you eat them.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #1855
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I just spent the last couple of hours reading through these pages, and I'm only up to page 30!!! I'm a seriously slow reader, and don't think I can spend any more time reading or I'll get nothing done. But, now I kind of know who is who. This stillman's thread isn't what it was a year ago. People used to badger me for even considering this plan! But here there's such a great bunch of people with the same outlook.

Right, so... my goal is to be under 200lbs come 1st June. Then 185lbs by end of June. And finally down to 165lbs. I'm 6' tall, so anything under 180 ish is healthy for me, and 165lbs is ideal dream-time kick-ass weight.

Stillman's til the end of the month NO CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to everyone today.
WTG on ignoring what works! That's what drew me into this thread. Everybody's so damn happy! I was on an Atkins board and they were all miserable! Of course, losing six pounds the first week then losing one a week after that pretty much made me suicidal, too.

I know it's going to be a battle educating Mom when she comes up. But losing her belly will convince her. I'm going to send her back to Miami with a flat belly!

6'-my aunt is 5'11" and a dead ringer for Katharine Hepburn. I would have loved to have been 5'10"
Old 05-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #1856
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
CC: Love your signature.. Its always refreshing to wake up with a smile. .
Thanks, I'm so glad you all appreciate the humor. My Irish lover taught me to laugh. When he met me at nineteen I was an eighty year old cynic trapped in a barely booty legal body!

BTW is that sh*tty Hello Kitty avi now?
Old 05-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #1857
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Manwich is the brand name of a canned sloppy joe sauce produced by ConAgra Foods, Inc. and Hunt's introduced in 1969. The can contains seasoned tomato sauce to which is added cooked ground beef and served on a hamburg style bun.

Hence the name sloppy joe, you're pretty much wearing it when you eat them.
Thans!
Old 05-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #1858
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Hey CC thnx on my way to ONDERLAND
I am actually overseas in Egypt ,I am working as an English teacher- LOL I know you can't tell with the way I type!
You're typing is fine! Are you military? Or do you live there?

My Aunt is fascinated with Egypt and the Middle East. She speaks fluent Arabic. I remember as a kid dinner at her house was always a mysterious delight-curries, coucous..........mmmmmmmmmm
Old 05-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #1859
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

BTW is that sh*tty Hello Kitty avi now?

Kinda sums it all up, doesn't it!! That's how I currently feel, anyway. .
Old 05-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #1860
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I guess I have to call this my "high" fat day. . I just ate a bacon cheeseburger . . minus the buns of course. . and it tasted sooooo good. . .. So I'll probably see a gain tomorrow instead of a loss. . its always something. . but thats not stopping me from the water, water, water. . . .

flush that fat. .
flush it away. ..
please dont' come back. .
not ever - no Weigh!!

The good news is that I refrained from testing the cupcakes. .did not drool on his muffins. . did not sample the chips. . no licks. no tastes. . no bites. . no BLT's for me!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 05-16-2010 at 01:08 PM..
Closed Thread