Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 05:36 AM   #1801
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Sorry, all, I'm catching up from yesterday. Might take me all day LOL!

Saturday is my 6 hour ride into the metropolis for provisions. Had to double up as this weekend coming up I will be gone all weekend for my grandmothers funeral and memorial service so no shopping.
The Titanic (Big Momma's ride, the Benz, see pics of my place in previous post) was so stuffed I had to put the overflow in the back seat!

Then Mom arrives Wednesday from Miami.

WHEW! It's gonna be a long week prepping for all that!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2010, 05:56 AM   #1802
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
I just spent the last couple of hours reading through these pages, and I'm only up to page 30!!! I'm a seriously slow reader, and don't think I can spend any more time reading or I'll get nothing done. But, now I kind of know who is who. This stillman's thread isn't what it was a year ago. People used to badger me for even considering this plan! But here there's such a great bunch of people with the same outlook.

Right, so... my goal is to be under 200lbs come 1st June. Then 185lbs by end of June. And finally down to 165lbs. I'm 6' tall, so anything under 180 ish is healthy for me, and 165lbs is ideal dream-time kick-ass weight.

Stillman's til the end of the month NO CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to everyone today.

Last edited by kamills; 05-16-2010 at 05:58 AM..
Old 05-16-2010, 05:58 AM   #1803
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi everyone!!!!!! Just a quick drive by as I head out for the day.... Im still maintaining after cream, wine, and manwich! I can't believe the scale has actually stayed the same for a week now, maybe more. thats pretty cool.

Meatwise...my menu yesterday was 10 oz. tuna, and 2 thick pork chops.

Have a great day!!! BBL
Old 05-16-2010, 06:00 AM   #1804
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post

Stillman's til the end of the month NO CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!
Im rootin for you kamills!!!! Your goals will come true!!!! (and probably sooner than ya think!) Ahhhh the magic of Stillmans..
Old 05-16-2010, 06:03 AM   #1805
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
That reminds me... On the topic of seafood... Is anyone else super freaked about eating seafood over the next several months, given the oil spill? It's often so difficult to know exactly where your seafood is coming from! Thoughts??
I wasn't even thinking about it. OMGoodness....should we be nervous? I really only eat canned tuna, so it wouldnt hurt for me to really stock up now in case it becomes an issue later. Another horrible tragedy...
Old 05-16-2010, 06:04 AM   #1806
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Me too!!!! Would NEVER admit it though!!.....I even had 2 of her C.D.!!!

Oh yeah and wore a hairpiece pony-tail thing like she had in the oops I did it again video!!! Hmmmm!!
Great! Then we will also add Toxic, Womanizer, and Break the Ice to our workout mix...
Old 05-16-2010, 06:04 AM   #1807
Blabbermouth!!!

OK- Really leaving now!!! luv ya's!!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:30 AM   #1808
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: powerless
WOE: Stillmans
I'm brand new to this site today. I think it may be my only chance to find the support I need to suceed on this WOE. I have been on and off low carb plans all my life, some with tremendous success and other times, not. I must have my coffee every day. It's hard to get the H2O in as a result. I find if I stick with the following schedule for my water, it makes it a little easier.
16 ounces in the car to work
16 ounces between 8:30am and 10:30am
16 ounces between 10:30am and 12:30pm
16 ounces between 12:30pm and 2:30pm
16 ounces between 2:30pm and 4:30pm.
If I miss any of these, I always have the drive home to make up for one of them.
Truth be told, I wrote the above so I could see it for myself, and realize it is possible!
Any other suggestions for drinking the required water, greatly appreciated?
Also, does anyone drink HOOD brand, low carb, low calorie, nonfat milk? (I have been using it with Sweet 'n Lo in my coffee. 3 carbs per 8 ounces. I don't use much.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:32 AM   #1809
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
Well I forgot to mention My Best friend are coming to visit me from the States one is coming next week and the other is coming in June, They haven't seen me in almost 2 years- I am meeting my friend at the airport next Saturday-- heheh I bet she won't recognize me- Will let you all in on the updates on Sat. I really can't wait 'till my hubby sees me in July or August-- hehe let him take his time- the longer he takes the thinner I'll be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nermo WTG on the loss, to onederland you will be banished soon!

Friends from the states? Are they undereducated country folk? (REDNECKS like me!)

Must have missed this in an earlier post but where are you?
Old 05-16-2010, 06:46 AM   #1810
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
CC: Love your signature.. Its always refreshing to wake up with a smile. .
Old 05-16-2010, 06:47 AM   #1811
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Cool Gwn!!! I'm going with....Song to the Siren - Chemical Brothers

So far we have...

Telephone- Lady Gaga and Beyonce
Hell Yes - Beck
Song to the Siren - Chemical Brothers
Alright - Janet Jackson
We're From The Country - Tracy Byrd
It's Probably Me - Sting
I'm Every Woman - Whitney Houston
I Feel For You - Chaka Khan
Mayberry - Rascal Fllats
Girls, Girls, Girls - Motlry Crue
Bad Medicine - Bon Jovi
Wild Wild West - Will Smith
Around the Way Girl - L. L. Cool J (ladies did you know he lives in Long Island NY?)
Old 05-16-2010, 06:49 AM   #1812
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yeah! I don't think I could--I'd like it too much! The first time I read about it I thought how can people think it's like chocolate-I relaly thought it was the bark of the coconut,as in the skin!.....
Ya know I'm really not that stupid in "real" life!!!!!!!!!!
LOL at first I thought they called it that because after you eat some......

RRRRRRRRUFF RUFF GRRRRRRR WOOF WOOF WOOF snarl gnashes teeth WOOOF!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:49 AM   #1813
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kamills. . count me in! I love no cheat challenges

Powerless! Once you start making a conscious effort with your water. .it will become habit and you will be able to get it all plus more in. I know a few use creamer in their coffee .if it keeps you on track. .you may need to do it. . If you are finding that you stall. .you may need to cut it out. . They make a sugar free version that only has 1 carb per serving. . I use it sparingly. when I really , really need something different. If you really have a dificult time with Water, try a little flavoring, icy cold with a lemon wedge, a littel crystal light. . its all good. . You'll do fine, I'm sure! Good luck and we look forward to hearing more from you and seeing less of you as you shrink away. .
Old 05-16-2010, 06:52 AM   #1814
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
Hi GT

I got this from wikipedia.
"Typical comfort foods in Ireland are boiled stews such as Irish stew, coddle, and colcannon and basic pork dishes such as the full Irish breakfast. These are typically served with soda bread and butter. Desserts include Goody and Barmbrack.
mmmmmmmmmm colcannon, make it with white turnips for Atkins style oh baby I can eat an entire skillet full mmmmmmmmmmm
Old 05-16-2010, 06:53 AM   #1815
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning, wonderful losers!

I love that I can't even remember the names of everyone on the board! That means we are growing in numbers and shrinking in lbs! How awesome. June is right around the corner and I suspect we can all be in a smaller size by then!! I lost one of the 2 I was up yesterday so tomorrow I should be back. I'm just not so sure what happened there except that my scale hates me. . and I'm begininng to hate it. I may have to go digital.. anyone have a good brand they really love? I've heard stories and I've also had some bad ones. .

My son is 16 today and I feel it in my bones. . Wahhhh. .feeling kinda old. . but I'm going to be one hot old lady by the time he's 17!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:55 AM   #1816
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OK- Really leaving now!!! luv ya's!!
Bye, Al. .do't work too hard today. Check in, as I know you will. . you are addicted to us. . and I mean that in the best possible way
Old 05-16-2010, 06:57 AM   #1817
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantyl03 View Post
yes when this part comes on, i get really excited and Chantonce comes out!

go girl!!

Last edited by CCGirl; 05-16-2010 at 07:08 AM..
Old 05-16-2010, 07:03 AM   #1818
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Cool Gwn!!! I'm going with....Song to the Siren - Chemical Brothers

So far we have...

Telephone- Lady Gaga and Beyonce
Hell Yes - Beck
Song to the Siren - Chemical Brothers

Pump It - Black Eyed Peas

just because: Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
Old 05-16-2010, 08:53 AM   #1819
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:

GWN - Most seafood is farmed, and pumped with hormones and other crap, as is meat. I try not to think about it though. If you're really worried, you can try and get non-farmed seafood, and organic meat. Oilslick wise :S I'm not sure! It makes me want to go and live like a hermit, grow my own food and raise all my animals myself, at least then I'd know where what I put into my body is coming from.
Isn't that the truth... Sounds like paradise
Old 05-16-2010, 08:54 AM   #1820
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! No way!!!!!!!! Oh I'm too jealous!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to work in the Cadbury factory!!!!!!!!!......my hips or waist wouldn't tho!! Hee! Oh but i'd be high on all that sugar so I wouldn't care!!!!!!!!!!
Am I the only who who really dislikes cadbury eggs? Ick ick ick. Now let's get back to those mounds bars... mmmmmm. coconut. *drool*
Old 05-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #1821
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Manwhich?????
sloppy joes! *drool* I bet there's a low carb recipe for those...
Old 05-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #1822
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
IM2 - Let's do it! Though really, for me, it's until 28th. The 29th and 30th I'm away for the weekend, and I won't be able to do Stillman's, just bog standard low calorie and low carb for those two days then straight back to it.

Thanks Al!

Gwn, I'm drooling at your loss, not the sloppy joes

Ok, so I have a couple of questions to all:

1. When you are doing Stillman's in its purest form, with no cheating, how much do weight loss per week do you average?

and

2. I have an addiction to milky tea. One which I can NOT kick, and an addiction that I find helps me stick to a woe rather than hinder it. I can usually keep my cups down to 2 or 3 a day, but the carbs in the milk worries me. I usually use skimmed milk, and per 100 mls there are 4.7gms of carbs. I would probably use about 50mls per cup of tea. Is there an alternative? I live in Spain, so it's unlikely I'll find any American brands out here. Cream in tea is just wrong... Do you think if I continue to have tea with skimmed milk I'm not going to see results?

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #1823
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning everyone!

Scale moved down almost a pound today. Calories were pretty low yesterday and I'm already hungry so I'm going to have my hard boiled egg sooner than I normally do. I'm out of food at home so I have no idea what to do for dinner. Meh. I am now on day 10 of QWL, which is where I broke last go and had some bacon and wings. But I feel good, though I have noticed when I forget to take my multivitamin, I do feel fatigued. So take your vitamins, peeps!!

CC, I absolutely love your signature... Cracked up laughing!!! Bahahaha.

Powerless. Wish I could give you advice on the water but I just absolutely love love love water so it's no problem for me to drink a gallon + a day. Maybe some of the others on here who don't like it as much can give you advice. Oh, I read once from someone on these boards that they'd put 8 rubber bands on a bottle of water and take a rubber band off after they finished a bottle, helped them keep track of their consumption.

al, gt, yam, bdlad, bbp, lisa, im2, dedicated, kam, et al Have a great Sunday!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 05-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #1824
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
i lost 2.2 pounds after day two!

Add Survivor to the play list!!! i LOVE destinys child!

And i drank calorie countdown milk in 1 cup of tea yesterday with no problems. Today i'm trying 1 protein shake. Its not on the list but with 100 cals and a ton of protein and only 1 carb it seemed fine. Used almond milk...only 45 cals. Drank it and i feel satisfied!

Cant wait to see the loss on the scale tomorrow. So days on stillmans and 3.4 pounds gone!
Old 05-16-2010, 09:22 AM   #1825
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
IM2 - Let's do it! Though really, for me, it's until 28th. The 29th and 30th I'm away for the weekend, and I won't be able to do Stillman's, just bog standard low calorie and low carb for those two days then straight back to it.

Thanks Al!

Gwn, I'm drooling at your loss, not the sloppy joes

Ok, so I have a couple of questions to all:

1. When you are doing Stillman's in its purest form, with no cheating, how much do weight loss per week do you average?

and

2. I have an addiction to milky tea. One which I can NOT kick, and an addiction that I find helps me stick to a woe rather than hinder it. I can usually keep my cups down to 2 or 3 a day, but the carbs in the milk worries me. I usually use skimmed milk, and per 100 mls there are 4.7gms of carbs. I would probably use about 50mls per cup of tea. Is there an alternative? I live in Spain, so it's unlikely I'll find any American brands out here. Cream in tea is just wrong... Do you think if I continue to have tea with skimmed milk I'm not going to see results?

Thanks!
Hi Kam! Thanks for the compliment :blush: - Just proof that Stillman's really works! You can tell by my "hard butt challenge" results in my sig, what I'm averaging per week (about 4lbs). The .8 week and the "didn't weigh" week were my high fat weeks and I gained a few, though they came off very quickly. I post my menu daily, so you can see what I'm doing, what I'm eating, etc. Calories are usually 700-900 and carbs are 3-5. I drink one large coffee a day w/ one creamer (1 carb) and 1 splenda. I would definitely try to get by without the cream in your tea, or cut it back to one cup a day... Think of it this way, it's a small sacrifice to make for such QUICK results and you can definitely enjoy it again, when you've achieved your goals! Hope that helps. On a personal note, where in Spain do you live? I am planning a trip this fall and so far I have Lisbon, Portugal, Madrid and Barcelona on my itinerary (flying out of BCN). Just curious if you think Madrid is worthwhile or if it's a bit repetitive, if I'll already be in BCN? My other option is to spend that time in the south of France instead... Not sure if you've been or if you can advise but thanks in advance anyway.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:23 AM   #1826
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantyl03 View Post
i lost 2.2 pounds after day two!
Get it girl!
Old 05-16-2010, 09:34 AM   #1827
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Nermo WTG on the loss, to onederland you will be banished soon!

Friends from the states? Are they undereducated country folk? (REDNECKS like me!)

Must have missed this in an earlier post but where are you?
Hey CC thnx on my way to ONDERLAND
I am actually overseas in Egypt ,I am working as an English teacher- LOL I know you can't tell with the way I type!
Old 05-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #1828
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Am I the only who who really dislikes cadbury eggs? Ick ick ick. Now let's get back to those mounds bars... mmmmmm. coconut. *drool*
I can take or leave them. they don't do much for me. . I like the chocolate part. . Mounds bars. .yeah baby!~!
Old 05-16-2010, 10:08 AM   #1829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is a crazy tought. .

I just put my hair up. . haven't done that in a long long time. . .Kinda OK with it now that I don't have 6 chins! I used to wear it up a lot when I was younger. . I'm just throwing that out there as one of life's little triumphs . (I get excited about stupid things. . ). . plus. . I'm wearing a belt.. and not my hubby's this time. . Mine. mine. .mine!!! Ahhh.. tis the Stillmans life for me. .
Old 05-16-2010, 10:09 AM   #1830
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
sloppy joes! *drool* I bet there's a low carb recipe for those...
mustard. . no sugar ketchup, onions and a bunch of other stuff. . I've made it in a pinch. .
Closed Thread