Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Oh yeah and with no muscle mass wouldn't you just lose tone and become a ---what did he say--a flabby mess????!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Stillman would burst your bubble and say you shrunk to 5'6. Seriously I read it. He said Im in denial and really 5 feet tall.
What??? He was horrible!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:34 PM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
He says that "the problem areas of the body tend to be large and heavy for a number of reasons but mostly because of excessive muscle mass. (like my calves) Ordinary reducing diminishes the measurements in the muscle masses and other areas because there is a considerable amount of fat interspersed between the muscle fibres. Losing this fat is desirable from every viewpoint, but it is not enough to achieve the desired slimmer dimensions for some." ............ and this is why he created the Inches Off Diet, "to get rid of the extra muscle mass itself."

OK...so its making more sense to me now. He basically wants us to get to our ideal weight with QWL and once we are there, if we still have bulges or are not proportioned in problem areas then to switch to Inches off to shrink the muscle mass.

It does make sense. and those that dont want to lose muscle should stay away from Inches Off, but if there are still problem areas, it may be our only choice.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
and to be really cruel. He said that only 5% of people are really large framed, but those that are can add 5 pounds.
Oh no, I did that test thing--about measuring your wrist and elbow (ok I didn't do that part right!!--was too weird!) and I am def small boned-my wrist is tiny--which makes what I weighed much much worse Even now I can wear smaller clothes than I should at this weight cos I'm small.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
To maintain.
That's not that much!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
We need a guinea pig to test it out!!!
I am so gonna do this. My 8 or was it 9 month meat only streak got busted up, so Im up for anything now. (as long as Im losing)
Old 05-01-2010, 02:38 PM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh no, I did that test thing--about measuring your wrist and elbow (ok I didn't do that part right!!--was too weird!) and I am def small boned-my wrist is tiny--which makes what I weighed much much worse Even now I can wear smaller clothes than I should at this weight cos I'm small.
I was one of the ones in denial.... thought I was big-boned till my wrist bones finally showed up!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #98
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
He says that "the problem areas of the body tend to be large and heavy for a number of reasons but mostly because of excessive muscle mass. (like my calves) Ordinary reducing diminishes the measurements in the muscle masses and other areas because there is a considerable amount of fat interspersed between the muscle fibres. Losing this fat is desirable from every viewpoint, but it is not enough to achieve the desired slimmer dimensions for some." ............ and this is why he created the Inches Off Diet, "to get rid of the extra muscle mass itself."

OK...so its making more sense to me now. He basically wants us to get to our ideal weight with QWL and once we are there, if we still have bulges or are not proportioned in problem areas then to switch to Inches off to shrink the muscle mass.

It does make sense. and those that dont want to lose muscle should stay away from Inches Off, but if there are still problem areas, it may be our only choice.
Well maybe for the calves--I would really like them to be smaller-especially my left one!!. and my arms--ok there's still fat there but also muscle in the biceps--and I would love skinny arms!!! I might try it.....much much later...when I can't see any fat and that's the only way of shrinking me!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok then. Lets do this. Lets get to our goal weight, Reaccess our legs and arms, then take the "inches off" plunge if we are still unhappy. READY..SET...GO!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I am so gonna do this. My 8 or was it 9 month meat only streak got busted up, so Im up for anything now. (as long as Im losing)
Oh are you gonna try it?? You have to tell us how you get on. You have to measure tho cos you have to prove you're getting smaller!! And I tell you if I'm honest-food-wise I would much rather do the inches one. I really don't like meat that much!!! I don't tho!! I crave salad and fruit!!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh are you gonna try it?? You have to tell us how you get on. You have to measure tho cos you have to prove you're getting smaller!! And I tell you if I'm honest-food-wise I would much rather do the inches one. I really don't like meat that much!!! I don't tho!! I crave salad and fruit!!
gonna do QWL until goal...not starting yet.

He says that you can rotate each week. QWL to Inches Off, but to make sure you remain for a week on each and follow strictly.

His favorite choice is still QWL though....
Old 05-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #102
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Ok then. Lets do this. Lets get to our goal weight, Reaccess our legs and arms, then take the "inches off" plunge if we are still unhappy. READY..SET...GO!!!
DEFFY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in!!!!! but......only after I get to the weight goal!!....(so that could be a really long wait for you..you better start without me!!)
Old 05-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
gonna do QWL until goal...not starting yet.

He says that you can rotate each week. QWL to Inches Off, but to make sure you remain for a week on each and follow strictly.

His favorite choice is still QWL though....
Yeah I'm sticking with QWL---I do think it works the best!!.....tho still not as well as he says
Old 05-01-2010, 02:48 PM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
DEFFY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in!!!!! but......only after I get to the weight goal!!....(so that could be a really long wait for you..you better start without me!!)
Do you wanna start measuring and counting calories with me? (maybe you already do) i hate hate hate it, but I really want to start doing this right and get over it! Starting Monday I am gonna post exactly what I eat, how many calories it is, and possibly even the stinkin time I ate it! there.. who else is with me? every last drop of crystal light and coffee too.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #105
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Do you wanna start measuring and counting calories with me? (maybe you already do) i hate hate hate it, but I really want to start doing this right and get over it! Starting Monday I am gonna post exactly what I eat, how many calories it is, and possibly even the stinkin time I ate it! there.. who else is with me? every last drop of crystal light and coffee too.
Yeah I'm in! I used to do it on ****** but I got bored--it was tiring!!!!! And my diet is always the bloody same--seriously!!!!! 2 eggs for breakfast. can of tuna-with a teaspoon of mayo for lunch or sometime . then a turkey breast---and then either another turky breast or a can of tuna or a boiled egg... lots of water and about 4 cups of tea!! That was it since Xmas and before!! (obviously not during my cheating phase!!)
Oh yeah I did have a few days of ground beef--but I gained with that!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 05-01-2010, 03:03 PM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

mmmmmmm anyone ever have cherry crystal light??? Its walmart brand.... Im thinkin bacardi & cherry spritzers......
Old 05-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Hey you guys. .you are confusing the heck out of me. . Nahhh.. Actually, I thought about doing the same thing once I hit goal. I'm already tracking a bit on fit day.. I'll just make it a habit and post my calories for the day. . I will be very, very strick too. .

I'm In. .Thursday is around the corner and I ahve to weigh in with Denise. .
Old 05-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #108
Big Yapper!!!!

Aaaaaagh!!! I stuffed a load of winter clothes into the bottom of the wardrobe earlier--and I just opened it there now and every last one came tumbling out!!!!!!! I hope noone's laughing!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yeah I'm in! I used to do it on ****** but I got bored--it was tiring!!!!! And my diet is always the bloody same--seriously!!!!! 2 eggs for breakfast. can of tuna-with a teaspoon of mayo for lunch or sometime . then a turkey breast---and then either another turky breast or a can of tuna or a boiled egg... lots of water and about 4 cups of tea!! That was it since Xmas and before!! (obviously not during my cheating phase!!)
Oh yeah I did have a few days of ground beef--but I gained with that!!!
You dont have to do it. I never like ****** because it was too hard to find what I needed, but I never really gave it a shot. You portions seem small. I hate that you're not losing easier.

I know my portions are way out of control so I need to be held accountable. Like last night... I ate a 1/2 cup of cold ground turkey while my new ground turkey was cooking...had to wait for crispy edges, so I ate 1/2 a cold chicken breast. Then when my real dinner was ready, I had a huge bowl of it. Then I went to sleep. BORING! and not necessary..

Like today.. I had a 5 oz pack of albacore tuna for lunch. 5 minutes later I had another one. Most of you do just fine with one. Then I go and have two. sigh...
Old 05-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

I don't have crystal light!! And I love cherry flavoured things!! Mmmm cherry sweets-yum!
Old 05-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
mmmmmmm anyone ever have cherry crystal light??? Its walmart brand.... Im thinkin bacardi & cherry spritzers......
I just did Raspberry Ice .. twas very good. .MMm. I'll have to look for Cherry. .Mmmmmm..
Old 05-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry we're confusing.... Everyone ignore us! and I am in a sorta funky mood.. Not cool funky... like a funk...but not a bad funk.... oh nevermind....
Old 05-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I never like ****** because it was too hard to find what I needed,
Yes exactely!!!! It took me nearly 20 mins to find boiled eggs!!! I saved my stuff tho!! Hope I can remember my password!
Old 05-01-2010, 03:13 PM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I just did Raspberry Ice .. twas very good. .MMm. I'll have to look for Cherry. .Mmmmmm..
ooooo yum-o......

Im thinking I'll be foregoing the CL for another round... Im sure it wasnt around in the sixties and I really want to give Stillmans an honest to goodness shot. Maybe I'll even try his recommendation of ketchup...(slapping my own hand)
Old 05-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yes exactely!!!! It took me nearly 20 mins to find boiled eggs!!! I saved my stuff tho!! Hope I can remember my password!

Thats funny...but true!! I never found enough stuff to save!

I think i'll use my old Atkins calorie counter with pen and paper. that should work much faster... like you type in chicken breast and everything but the the one you need comes up. Had no idea there were so many forms of chicken breast.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My portions start to inch up there too. . time to get it under control...OK. .after I devoure the grilled burger's I'm making the kids for supper...I forgot buns so we are all going to do it the Stillman's Weigh!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #117
Big Yapper!!!!

But Al I don't think you should change what you were doing at all. I don't think you eat too much at all. I know my cals are way to low---you should never go under 1000--but I've eaten so little for so long my body has got used to it so I'm stuck!
I know you're probably feeling down after gaining on hols...but remember your way worked brilliantly for you and it will again. Why deprive yourself when you don't have to.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Sorry we're confusing.... Everyone ignore us! and I am in a sorta funky mood.. Not cool funky... like a funk...but not a bad funk.... oh nevermind....
Old 05-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Aaaaaagh!!! I stuffed a load of winter clothes into the bottom of the wardrobe earlier--and I just opened it there now and every last one came tumbling out!!!!!!! I hope noone's laughing!!!
Confessions of a shopoholic!
Old 05-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #120
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
ooooo yum-o......

Im thinking I'll be foregoing the CL for another round... Im sure it wasnt around in the sixties and I really want to give Stillmans an honest to goodness shot. Maybe I'll even try his recommendation of ketchup...(slapping my own hand)
No!!!! Ketchup has lots of sugar!! And it's so good you'd want more!!! Wonder what it would be like with tuna---it'd be one slimey pink mess!!!
Closed Thread