Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #751
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Our church teamed up with the Post Office today for a food drive, "Stamp out Hunger." Boy, was I hungry!! No food there but sandwiches and pretzels and cheeze curls. I ate one chicken wing until I could get home tonight at 10:30. Lots of water, though! I can't wait to weigh. Speaking of weighing, we collected 6 1/2 TONS of food! Whew!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2010, 05:17 AM   #752
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Good Morning Everyone! HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY!!!!! May your day be filled with love, laughs, and lean meats today, whether you have kids or not!!

My kiddos got me up at 6:30A, and made me close my eyes into the kitchen. Home made cards are the best! and little poems from school with thier handprints. awwwwww! They also planted some seeds in a cup and the flowers are starting to grow.

Gonna have a little picnic today on my new grill. Looks beautiful out there but probably chilly. Chicken, hamburgs, and I have a plain rack of ribs (careful: high fat) that I might try out without BBQ suace. I'm leaving it up to my guests to bring the sides...

Weight the same - 113

Yesterday, I had 1 tuna (5 oz)
2 chicken breasts
6 bottles/packets of Crystal Light (this was very very bad)
Old 05-09-2010, 05:21 AM   #753
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise In NY View Post
Goodnight GT!!! And Al, that sounds like a good idea. What is your location? We should all meet up once at goal to have a good Girl's night out.
I'm a train ride away..
Old 05-09-2010, 05:36 AM   #754
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post

does Stillman really say to keep calories that low? I just don't see how he can suggest 6 small meals a day and then calories that low. Like, what the heck do you eat per meal? It'd have to be under 100 calories. That's redonk! Also.... just throwing this out there for discussion... If you spent weeks, or a few months losing weight the way I am, at say 700 calories a day, almost no carbs... do you think my body would then have a difficult time losing at say 1400 calories and 15ish carbs?
Hi Gwn!! Stillman keeps saying to not count calories but eat until satisfied and not full. (It really annoys me- ) His logic is you wont be hungry so your calories will be low. (But we alredy know that, and still want to eat!)

All the sample menus thru the book range between 400- 535, but we dont have to stop there. He does think calories count and swears we will maintain if we follow his chart and count calories for "Stay Slim Eating". Also, he says that his diet is safe to be on for days, weeks, and months. But its not a forever diet. He wants us to follow it precisely, and we will get quick results, and be done with it. He would not be proud of me, draggin this thing on forever-hahaha

I dont think I answederd your question, but the book keeps saying to follow QWL til goal, use inches off to slim bigger body parts, then stay slim eating to maintain, which is calorie counting. (but not carb counting - wonder if it'll really work??)

He's also saying that for the quickest results, it has to be all protein, or no protein, and its totally fine to switch the plans every other week, or few weeks. He said just make sure not to include both at any time or weight loss will halt.

Ps- one of his sample menus had a TB of relish in it. The guy really confuses me!!
Old 05-09-2010, 05:39 AM   #755
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Al! I got my shake Weight at Walgreens . . 19.99.. .you don't have to order it .
cool- thanks!!!

Dont forget to take before pics of our arms!!
Old 05-09-2010, 05:42 AM   #756
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
I ate one chicken wing until I could get home tonight at 10:30. Lots of water, though! I can't wait to weigh.
Hi Christine! Wise choice with the wing. Im sure the fat helped you get through the rest of the day! Let us know if the scale is being good to you!! Im sure you'll have great results!!
Old 05-09-2010, 05:48 AM   #757
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm willing to send my Stillmans book out and we can keep rotating it to others...How does that sound? Its really not the same hearing tidbits from me or reading the stickies. He really has a way of motivating and kicking our butts into gear. He repeats it until its drilled into our heads!

I have the original QWL Book and the Inches Off. The inches Off was good because it covers all 3 diets thoroughly, plus the repetion diets, and isnt hardcover. I'll have to skim thru the QWL book again, to see whats missing..

let me know if you are interested.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:46 AM   #758
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Happy Mothers Day
Old 05-09-2010, 06:57 AM   #759
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Also.... just throwing this out there for discussion... If you spent weeks, or a few months losing weight the way I am, at say 700 calories a day, almost no carbs... do you think my body would then have a difficult time losing at say 1400 calories and 15ish carbs?
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes and yes!!!!!!!! Mine have been that low for over a yearand a half(abart from my cheating times!) with lots of exercise...and I don't think I'd be abbe to lose with them higher. Unfortunately I do believe our bodies get used to the very low cals.But I aso thin having them higher a few days doesn't do much harm(as olng as it's low-carb!) you mightn't lose but you'll maintain and it might keeb you sane!!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:00 AM   #760
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
but I just had to check in. I did not cheat. . . and it was tough. chili cheese fries, steak fries. . hotdogs, . nachos.. hot chocolate.. O my. but I packed my chicken and muched on it. . . during my break and on my way home. . .. .
Well done you!! That was awful tembtation!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:02 AM   #761
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Our church teamed up with the Post Office today for a food drive, "Stamp out Hunger." Boy, was I hungry!!
I know I shoudn't laugh-but that sounded so funny!!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:05 AM   #762
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post

My kiddos got me up at 6:30A, and made me close my eyes into the kitchen. Home made cards are the best! and little poems from school with thier handprints. awwwwww! They also planted some seeds in a cup and the flowers are starting to grow.
Awwww too cute. you have to keeb a their little kiddy homemade things so you can embarrass them when the're older!! Hee!!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:12 AM   #763
Big Yapper!!!!

I used to have the QWL book-the one with the rebition diets in it--and oh yeah I remember him really being naaaasty!!!Can't beieve I threw it out! But maybe we do need a good kick ub the you-know-where!! I'd def be interested to read it again!!....even just so I coud laugh at him and then whinge to yall about all his contradictions!!!....Well he did have lots!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 08:51 AM   #764
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Twinkie
Stats: 206/194/155
WOE: Atkins/Stillman
Start Date: February 1, 2011
OK day three of Stillmans QWL. Got hungry last night and just couldn't eat another piece of chicken or Tuna. Had a small piece of colby jack cheese. I tested on my keto stick and am in small so I know it didn't throw me out. I understand all protein with Stillmans but want to know if some people modify and still lose. Example, on Atkins induction I could have bacon. I only ate it occasionally because of salt and fat content but just enough to change things up a bit. Does anyone modify stillmans and still lose? If so what do you add that doesn't slow down the loss to badly? Thanks

"God Made Me On Purpose!"
Old 05-09-2010, 08:54 AM   #765
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Twinkie
Stats: 206/194/155
WOE: Atkins/Stillman
Start Date: February 1, 2011
I couldn't find a book on QWL Stillman program. Just the sheet that my doctor gave me that matches what is posted in the forum under Stillmans QWL. I didn't know there was a difference in his programs. I found a book the 14 day shape up and ordered it before I noticed on the forum that it looks like a totally different plan than QWL. Ugh, just trying to get informed and it's confusing I guess I'll compare when I get the book in the mail in a few days. Couldn't find anything locally about Stillman like you can Dr. Atkins. Wonder why?
Old 05-09-2010, 09:41 AM   #766
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkie View Post
I couldn't find a book on QWL Stillman program. Just the sheet that my doctor gave me that matches what is posted in the forum under Stillmans QWL. I didn't know there was a difference in his programs. I found a book the 14 day shape up and ordered it before I noticed on the forum that it looks like a totally different plan than QWL. Ugh, just trying to get informed and it's confusing I guess I'll compare when I get the book in the mail in a few days. Couldn't find anything locally about Stillman like you can Dr. Atkins. Wonder why?
Stillman's is a very old book and not in print any longer. You can find a copy (sometimes) on Amazon or ebay. I was not even able to find any at our library. . He has several books and several different diets. QWL seems to be the most popular as it gives the best results. There are also others which include more veggies, etc. I think whatever one you follow, you are bound to lose becuase they all require a reduction in calories and fat.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:45 AM   #767
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

Today is also my 18th Anniversary! Yay. . The best advice I ever heard about a having a happy marriage was to keep a sense of humor. . I agree!!! ..
Old 05-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #768
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Hello Everyone,

Well I am back- sorry today was my dish party at work and I had planned a cheat and oh boy did I CHEAT ! :blush::blush: I ate cake and all the carbs you can imagine! But I one thing I have to admit that with every bite I enjoyed it and wasn't hating myself and I went to the store after work to buy my eggs and chicken so I can be ready tomorrow. I seriously don't have the desire to cheat for more than TODAY!

Sorry if I let you guys down but I really feel better after this cheat and I have no clue why but it was like my little treat!

you all and I will be back with ya on stillman's tomorrow I promise
I really promise
Old 05-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #769
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

Congrats on the 18 years IM- May there be many more to come !!!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #770
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hi everyone! Happy Mothers Day to all you moms out there! IM2 - Happy Anni!!

I am back at siggy! Onward and downward from here! This is exactly what I weighed last Sunday... So it was a roller coaster ride this past week, 5lbs up and 5lbs down. lolol - I do not like roller coaster rides! Had it been a QWL week, I'd probably be at like 183 but no sense in thinking that way! Ha.

I have not been in the mood to work out, at all. Bleh. Not sure why? Just feeling lazy lately. I walk lots, miles a day, but that's no different then what I've done for years now so it doesn't count in my book. My body is used to walking a few miles a day. Need to do aerobics!!

Holy cold front!! Got down to the 40s overnight and will again tonight! I don't mind so much... need to get this weight off before it gets hot again so I can wear cute clothes!

al, thanks so much for posting all that helpful information!! So you're saying it'd be a complete waste of time to go to the bookstore in search of Stillman's books? Is the Inches Off out of print also? If they are, I would definitely be up for a borrow Let me maybe check with the library first! I have been meaning to go to our library since I moved here, even got a library card last year so now this really gives me a reason to go! I'll let you know if I find it!

nermo! Weren't we just talking about a refeed or something for you? I think maybe this is exactly what your body needed for a good kick start.

Twinkie, when I modified, the loss slowed. I hear you on the bacon! It's my weakness!! So are chicken wings!! But bacon causes me to retain water and slow the loss. Just not worth it. I never eat any sort of cheese on QWL either. I think after a few more days, you'll find you don't crave much of anything at all. I flavor most things with tabasco sauce, which helps and I eat 1 SF jello cup a day, which seems like a treat!! I know that doesn't fully answer your question but there are days when I've had hot dogs, lunch meat, and bacon, early on when I started QWL and after cutting those things out, the results almost doubled. Just not worth it... Now, I have them on my high fat days, which seem to average twice a month.
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 05-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #771
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Im2-HABBY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #772
Big Yapper!!!!

Nermo!! We're not disabbointed at all!! You had a blanned cheat, really enjoyed it and went straight back to blan! I would say that's a success!! You have been so good!!
Have those eggs a cooked ub and ready for breafast in the morning.
Actually don't wait til tomorrow to start back-ify ou're hungry later on eat an egg or chicen--then you will really know you're back on Stillmans!!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #773
Big Yapper!!!!

Congrats on being back at stats, Gwn!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nermo! you gotta live, too. just think of how much further ahead you are. Not only did you PLAN it. . you got right back on track. Remember, the old way of thinking. . Well.. I already messed up so I might as well. . Well. .look at you. . you are planning to be successful. That in itself, is the key to success. We are all human and we must all pick our paths. You did great so don't beat yourself up. I bet that will cause the bun crunching woosh fairy to visit you soon! I'm glad you checked in. We missed your smiling avi!!! to you!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #775
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Nermo! you gotta live, too. just think of how much further ahead you are. Not only did you PLAN it. . you got right back on track. Remember, the old way of thinking. . Well.. I already messed up so I might as well. . Well. .look at you. . you are planning to be successful. That in itself, is the key to success. We are all human and we must all pick our paths. You did great so don't beat yourself up. I bet that will cause the bun crunching woosh fairy to visit you soon! I'm glad you checked in. We missed your smiling avi!!! to you!!!
what she said!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #776
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkie View Post
I found a book the 14 day shape up and ordered it before I noticed on the forum that it looks like a totally different plan than QWL. Ugh, just trying to get informed and it's confusing
I think that book will have all the info you need! He'll probably explain all the diets in it! QWL, Inches Off, and Stay Slim Eating. Let us know how it turns out!!
Old 05-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #777
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2- Happy Anniversary!!!!
Gwn- Congrats on Stats!!
Nermo- Good for you! Thats the way to jump back in!!!
GT- You're the best!!!
Twinkie- the first few days are tough and a shock to the system, but once you get thru them, its smooth sailing!!!! I dont think the cheese will hurt, but may not be good to do everyday. See what your reslults are by the end of the week, and if they arent good, I'd suggest cutting them out. really tho, the best thing to do is keep it lean and mean. Its only a few weeks of boredom. You can do it!!

Got my grub on girls and guy! Had 3 small hamburgers on ma new grill, and 2 pork ribs (scraping offf as much fat as I could) I probably shouldnt eat for the rest of the day, but I think me and Moms are heading to the Red Lobster this evening...

and I had cream in my coffee. i suck. but Im over it!! lol
Old 05-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #778
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
So you're saying it'd be a complete waste of time to go to the bookstore in search of Stillman's books? Is the Inches Off out of print also? If they are, I would definitely be up for a borrow Let me maybe check with the library first! I have been meaning to go to our library since I moved here, even got a library card last year so now this really gives me a reason to go! I'll let you know if I find it!
Its not a waste of time!!! I must have been confusing - sorry. The Inches Off book came out after Quick weight Loss, so it includes all the juicy information of QWL, plus Inches Off. (Thats why Im guessing the the 14-day Shape up has all the diets wrapped in one! Twinkie hit the jackpot!) If you cant find it, you will be the first to receive my old, stinky, yellow-paged copy..
Old 05-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #779
Blabbermouth!!!

Big Bass- stats!?! whatcha eatin? whatcha losin?
Old 05-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #780
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
al, thanks so much for posting all that helpful information!! So you're saying it'd be a complete waste of time to go to the bookstore in search of Stillman's books? Is the Inches Off out of print also? If they are, I would definitely be up for a borrow Let me maybe check with the library first! I have been meaning to go to our library since I moved here, even got a library card last year so now this really gives me a reason to go! I'll let you know if I find it!
My library didn't have it, but they have "interlibrary loan" and we got it that way. You might have to wait a few weeks, but that's your best bet. Go to the Reference Librarian, he/she is usually the person that gets those books.

I lost another pound this morning, after being hungry at the "Stamp Out Hunger" drive. No, I'm not offended at your laughing Aleriaaa! It was rather ironic, but I chose to be hungry because I can live off my blubber!

Dreamfields pasta today for lunch because we didn't want to fight the crowds for Mother's Day. I hope I don't pay for it by gaining!

My family gave me non-food gifts!