Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #511
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I do have to drag everything out and then put it away afterwards, but it's worth it. I just bought a weighted jump rope. Sheesh!!! It's too hard! I think I'm gonna need to lose another 10 pounds or so before I can really get the hang of it. Jumping just does not feel fun to me right now. Not even jumping jacks! I'm probably just too lazy!
Oh yeah I don't do the jumbing either....reminds me I have too much that jiggles!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #512
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Well the Carribean (why can't I sbell that-and no I can't blame the keyboard!) wasn't too bad!!!!!!!!!!!
You start saving for Ireland and I'll start for the U.S.--deal?!!!!
THAT SOUNDS FANTASTIC!!! You can pick up your Crystal Light in person!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #513
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Al: I wanna be like you!
Me too!!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #514
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
GT: I think if we can pinch more than an inch, we should keep eating meat! Thats my percentage calculations! Number are very scary to me....
I can binch a foot!!!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #515
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I can binch a foot!!!!!
stop binchin!!! I know you're doing it right now. I did...My arm..my leg...my sides..my elbow
Old 05-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #516
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
thats too many 3's....that would be really scary to me. May you jump from 135 to 132 overnight!!! But at least you're younger than me!!!
That's right I'm 21 and wi be for years and years to come!!!!....God I'm gonna be one of those women!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #517
Blabbermouth!!!

OK... how can we talk aboout food, diet, scales, bodies for hours and days a week?? Im so glad Im not the only one. It would be horrible to just talk to myself.

Have I told you's lately that I You's!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #518
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
THAT SOUNDS FANTASTIC!!! You can pick up your Crystal Light in person!
I'll bring an embty case!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #519
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
.my elbow
your elbow!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #520
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
your elbow!!!!!!!!
oh yeah..tis true
Old 05-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #521
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That's right I'm 21 and wi be for years and years to come!!!!....God I'm gonna be one of those women!!!

nope not me...cause 2 +1 equals 3......
Old 05-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #522
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
OK... how can we talk aboout food, diet, scales, bodies for hours and days a week?? Im so glad Im not the only one. It would be horrible to just talk to myself.

We can talk!! Now if it just burned lots of cals...........................!!!
you guys too!!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #523
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
nope not me...cause 2 +1 equals 3......
Oh stob!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:34 AM   #524
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok have to get off my backside and ride my bike with Gaga!!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #525
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Jealous, jealous, jeallous!!! I can't gain musce at alll--ok so I haven't been doing strength training as such but I thought Bi'ates was subbosed to build it!! It's only gone u around 2% since I started. It keebs going ub tiny litte .1%s. The fat does go down too...but slowly.. Think since last May when I bought the scae it's gone down 12%.
How do you measure it in %...as in I mean
if its 20% going down to 10% so you've lost 10% or actually as I tybe that I thin you meant it the other way, like that woud be 50% and 10% of 20 woud be 2 so it woud have gone down to 18%.
Ok I'm def not the most mathematically minded berson(that's butting it mildly!) but I never got that about the %loss unti I wrote it out nowl...always wondered how beoble lost that much..but if you calculate it the 2nd way then I'm not doing too bad!! anyway main thing is it's going down!
Ok now I'm rambing!! There's too many numbers there for me!! My brain cell needs a rest!!
Congrats on the loss BTW
GT: Oh, Pilates does build muscle! Weight training just builds it faster. My body monitor measures fat and hydration in percentages. It measures muscle and bone mass in pounds. So, I know by looking at muscle mass in pounds that way more than half of me, in pounds, is muscle. If you do the math you can figure out how to translat your overall fat%, minus the hydration, into pounds. Add the skeletal bone mass to the muscle and water and then you will know how many pounds of fat you are actually carrying on your body.

When I work mine out I can see that I need to lose about 45 pounds of pure fat to be ideal. It's interesting stuff. I'm not that great at math, but I find it fun.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 05-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Did I tell you DH and I are going to Venice, Italy for 8 days after our D.C. & PA trips? I'm sooooooooo excited! It's one of our favorite places. One day recently I said I would really like to go back to Venice. He went on line and found an awesome package deal, showed it to me, we booked it, and we will be off!

Our room will have high speed Internet access. So, of course I will take my laptop and keep in touch. One thing I like about Venice is that there is a lot of walking every day. Every bridge you go over has steps up one side and down the other. I will come back with killer legs!!
Wow Yam, you have a summer packed with adventures! Good for you! When will you be in Venice? I will also be in Venice a few days in late September. Off hand, do you know how much the gondola rides cost? I would love to go on one, but I am on a budget.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I do have to drag everything out and then put it away afterwards, but it's worth it. I just bought a weighted jump rope. Sheesh!!! It's too hard! I think I'm gonna need to lose another 10 pounds or so before I can really get the hang of it. Jumping just does not feel fun to me right now. Not even jumping jacks! I'm probably just too lazy!
There's nothing fun about jumping, period. Especially when you've got DDs! They do intervals of jumping jacks in my aerobics videos and I do the low impact version, which involves no jumping. I'm not jumping up and down unless I'm also running and I'm not running unless I'm being chased by a bear in the woods and the only jumping involved would be those hurdles over fallen trees and since I see no walking in the woods in my near future, I see no need to start practicing. Did I mention I don't jump??
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 05-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Can we come?!?!??!! You are gonna have such a great time! The number one rule should be not to miss out on anything! MEmorial Day parties are the best meat parties! Lots of hamburgers, chicken, and hopefully steaks!!! Drinks arent cheats- remember that! Have fun. You are going to look great. It's 3 weeks away -thats 15 pounds in Stillman days!!!!! Lets do this!!!
Aww thanks for making me feel better about it, Al. And drinks aren't cheats!?!? Holy cow, I'm on board then! Yea, I am hoping there is a grill there! I haven't grilled out in forever! Okay... getting it in my head that I must do Stillman's until May 28th!! If I do, I think I can definitely drop 12-15lbs. Gotta get this done!!

Last edited by GwnStfni; 05-07-2010 at 12:01 PM..
Old 05-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

lolol hours and days a week? try DECADES. Gaaasssshhhh I've been consumed with my weight for entirely too long. However, yes, I am glad that there are other people to talk to about it!!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:43 PM   #530
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
There's nothing fun about jumping, period. Especially when you've got DDs! They do intervals of jumping jacks in my aerobics videos and I do the low impact version, which involves no jumping. I'm not jumping up and down unless I'm also running and I'm not running unless I'm being chased by a bear in the woods and the only jumping involved would be those hurdles over fallen trees and since I see no walking in the woods in my near future, I see no need to start practicing. Did I mention I don't jump??
too funny!!!
Now we know what your punichment is the next time you mention blizzards...
Old 05-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #531
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Aww thanks for making me feel better about it, Al. And drinks aren't cheats!?!? Holy cow, I'm on board then! Yea, I am hoping there is a grill there! I haven't grilled out in forever! Okay... getting it in my head that I must do Stillman's until May 28th!! If I do, I think I can definitely drop 12-15lbs. Gotta get this done!!
I know you CAN do this- til May 28th!!! Swear to us!!!!

What do you like to drink anyway? The only thing I see wrong is we stop burning fat and burn alcohol instead. Sometimes a body runs good on spirits - makes me wanna get up and move and dance, so we end up burning the calories off anyway. Hows that for logic and making the cheat not count!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #532
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
lolol hours and days a week? try DECADES. Gaaasssshhhh I've been consumed with my weight for entirely too long. However, yes, I am glad that there are other people to talk to about it!!
oh yeah I forgot to count the times Im not talking to you guys and still thinking about food and weight!!! We got it bad!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #533
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2's already planning her rum diet tonight..

and BTW....I didnt drink the wine last night, but I bought a "box" of it and that means 4 bottles. (sorry Yam, I know this is the worst thing you couldve heard after sipping fine vino in wine country. But really guys... not all box wine is bad! )
Old 05-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #534
Blabbermouth!!!

today is a tuna and chicken breast day. all day. no fat!!

confession time: sometimes I use a little bit of Pam Spray on the meats before I grill 'em! See how things can sneak into our menus....In Pam's defense, it holds the seasonings on real good.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #535
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I know you CAN do this- til May 28th!!! Swear to us!!!!

What do you like to drink anyway? The only thing I see wrong is we stop burning fat and burn alcohol instead. Sometimes a body runs good on spirits - makes me wanna get up and move and dance, so we end up burning the calories off anyway. Hows that for logic and making the cheat not count!!!
Okay, I swear to you guys hahaha. This will definitely be the longest on Stillman's then... Like almost double, I think? 21 days.... Yes, last go was 11 days, wasn't it? Eek! I will try like hell! Al or nermo or anyone else who has done QWL, what's the longest you've gone on Stillman's QWL, without incorporating high fat briefly? Unless I am feeling really weak or otherwise ill, I should be able to stick with QWL.

I like to drink beer. Plain and simple, I love beer. Especially dark beers like Guinness and other stouts. But I can also get down with miller lite, if I'm going to be drinking all day. On Sunday I had 2 or 3 miller lites, to keep the carbs in check and 3 or 4 vodka and club sodas. I just mixed all day long and I think that's why I threw up. Oh, and I also ended up having a Guinness as my last drink of the night, yea that was the nail in the coffin.

So I am going to bring a bottle of grey goose with me and hope to stay away from the beer. We always pre game before we go out to the bars, so I can get away w/ nursing a vodka drink at the bar or just dancing my butt off.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
today is a tuna and chicken breast day. all day. no fat!!

confession time: sometimes I use a little bit of Pam Spray on the meats before I grill 'em! See how things can sneak into our menus....In Pam's defense, it holds the seasonings on real good.
I use a quick spray of Pam when I make over easy eggs. It's the only way to get them to not stick without using butter of fat from meat! It's all good... Just a spray of it is practically nothing!
Old 05-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #537
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Hi Everyone! and to the new people on the board

I was down 1.2lbs today, so 191.2 - can't wait to get back to sig and then down down down. I am sure my menu for the next two days will be identical to yesterdays since I have leftovers. I really want to be in the 170s by the end of the month!! Speaking of, that'll be my next "cheat". Again, I plan on staying on meat only but there will be alcohol involved. Me and 10 friends rented a house at the shore for Memorial Day weekend. Agh!!! I hate to do this to myself but I honestly don't want to miss out on things this summer! Really kicking myself in the butt for not getting my weight loss started early in the winter!!

Al, congrats on reaching your goal! Less than 2 weeks to get that off was no time at all!

bigbass, that's nearly identical to my stillman's menu, most days. Like you, I'm rarely hungry. Congrats on the loss! By the way, may have missed it, are you male or female?
Well Gwn, I'm glad to hear that I'm copying you because you are a dieting machine. I lurked for almost 2 months before I got the courage to start the diet and talk to yall and you impressed me big time sticking to your diet. Thanks and congrats on your loss also. And by the way, I'm a guy.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #538
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Just to be clear. Married (to a woman) and have a 5 year old daughter.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #539
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Okay, I swear to you guys hahaha. This will definitely be the longest on Stillman's then... Like almost double, I think? 21 days.... Yes, last go was 11 days, wasn't it? Eek! I will try like hell! Al or nermo or anyone else who has done QWL, what's the longest you've gone on Stillman's QWL, without incorporating high fat briefly? Unless I am feeling really weak or otherwise ill, I should be able to stick with QWL.

I like to drink beer. Plain and simple, I love beer. Especially dark beers like Guinness and other stouts. But I can also get down with miller lite, if I'm going to be drinking all day. On Sunday I had 2 or 3 miller lites, to keep the carbs in check and 3 or 4 vodka and club sodas. I just mixed all day long and I think that's why I threw up. Oh, and I also ended up having a Guinness as my last drink of the night, yea that was the nail in the coffin.

So I am going to bring a bottle of grey goose with me and hope to stay away from the beer. We always pre game before we go out to the bars, so I can get away w/ nursing a vodka drink at the bar or just dancing my butt off.
Im not sure how many days I went fatless. Quite a few. I'll check the journal later.. But you will do great - you already are! Take it day by day, and if your legs feel like lead, try an untrimmed pork chop or a small fatty steak. Maybe stay away from the ground beef because its extra fatty??

Dont forget to pack crystal light for the grey goose!!! apple cranberry is awesome!

I can't drink beer at all. Cant even smell it. Or kiss someone thats been drinking it! Only way for me to get it down is to funnel it!
Old 05-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #540
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
Just to be clear. Married (to a woman) and have a 5 year old daughter.
I have a 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter!

Bass is off limits people!!
Closed Thread