Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #481
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post

I still have some of my size 10 dresses and jeans. Hopefully in a few months I can fit in to those again. Fingers crossed!
Don't worry, you will!! In double quick time!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2010, 09:17 AM   #482
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh that was too funny!!! Just the thing to set me up for the day!! I was laughing out loud!! And had tears!! I've heard of her doing it,but never actually heard her. She does it on a radio show!! BTW...that's a very posh new Dublin accent that children have!! And the people in the demolition firm have northern irish ones!!
Love the avi......manly!!!!
I thought of you when I heard it. I was hoping you would like it. I couldnt remember if you said what your job was...maybe a teacher? I thought, uh oh I might have just screwed up.
Thanks, thats one of my basses.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:18 AM   #483
Big Yapper!!!!

Al I see you've lowered your stats...ther'll be nothing left of you,gir!!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #484
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
I thought of you when I heard it. I was hoping you would like it. I couldnt remember if you said what your job was...maybe a teacher? I thought, uh oh I might have just screwed up.
I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:21 AM   #485
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
So you really are a bass blayer !!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:24 AM   #486
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hey Bass- I like that you have your WOE as "meat"... Right to the point. Love it.

How do feel after your first few days? Grumpy, tired? Hopefully everything is A-OK!
First of all, congratulations on reaching goal. Awesome.
I feel fine. I think I'm the opposite. I'm full all the time. I eat 1 egg for breakfast, 2.5oz tuna for lunch and 1 chicken breast or 1 hamburger patty for dinner. I think its all the water I'm drinking. I stay up until I finish 80oz before I go to bed. By the way, I have 5 lbs loss in 2 days. Must be water weight.
One last question please, how do yall determine your goal weight?
Old 05-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #487
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So you really are a bass blayer !!
Yes, an average one.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #488
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
But at least you can get into LCF--that woud be awful if you coudn't---lets hobe they never block it!
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! dont even think it!!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #489
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I feel fine. I think I'm the opposite. I'm full all the time. I eat 1 egg for breakfast, 2.5oz tuna for lunch and 1 chicken breast or 1 hamburger patty for dinner. I think its all the water I'm drinking. I stay up until I finish 80oz before I go to bed. By the way, I have 5 lbs loss in 2 days. Must be water weight.
Dedication with the water!! Good that you're not hungry cos that's not a lot of food!!
About the goal weight-I iterally just bicked a weight that sounded good and that I've always wanted to be!!! We use "stones" and lbs in Ireland and the U..k (a stone has 14lbs) so I wanted to be 8st7bs...(actually I'd like to be less,but well' see!) There's the BMI calcuator that you coud use but I'm not really sure how accurate the are, but the wiyy give you a ball-barck figure, or just google ideal weights and again that will give you an idea. I blay with the BMI cacuator lots!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 05-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #490
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Gonna toss some beef in the crock pot and I might eat some tuna today and eggs, of course.
do tell what you're doing with the beef!!!!

Yam. It sounds like you have a really great life. Your spirit is always up! You get to go on lots of trips and you're family sounds awesome! Im so happy that you are enjoying every minute of it! You will be in those 10's in no time!!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #491
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
OMG OMG OMG...I was just gonna tybe that!!!!!!! Great minds,eh??!

haha - keep tybing away! hahaha
Old 05-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #492
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Congrats on the 5 pound loss!!! Yes, some of it is water weight, but according to Stillman, you are already losing fat as well. You could monitor the fat loss with a body monitor scale. It's a cool gadget. I've lost almost 10% body fat and gained more than 5 pounds of muscle since March.

I don't know about everyone else, but my final goal weight is determined by a combination of reading all the charts (Jorge Cruise has the most comprehensive chart and most forgiving. He takes into consideration your gender, height and age. According to him at 5'8" I can weigh 178 and be at a healthy weight as long as I'm exercising and doing strength training. I'm very muscular in my build.)

The other part of it for me is that I know what I feel good at. I feel really good and slim when I'm in the 160's. My thinnest was 125 on my wedding day and I stayed at that weight for many years. But I didn't do strength training then. I actually look better when I weigh more and have more defined muscles. I also fit into a smaller size that way.

Bottom line is that you know your own body better than anyone else. You know what you feel good at and I think that's how you should determine your ultimate goal weight.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 05-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #493
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hi Everyone! and to the new people on the board

I was down 1.2lbs today, so 191.2 - can't wait to get back to sig and then down down down. I am sure my menu for the next two days will be identical to yesterdays since I have leftovers. I really want to be in the 170s by the end of the month!! Speaking of, that'll be my next "cheat". Again, I plan on staying on meat only but there will be alcohol involved. Me and 10 friends rented a house at the shore for Memorial Day weekend. Agh!!! I hate to do this to myself but I honestly don't want to miss out on things this summer! Really kicking myself in the butt for not getting my weight loss started early in the winter!!

Al, congrats on reaching your goal! Less than 2 weeks to get that off was no time at all!

bigbass, that's nearly identical to my stillman's menu, most days. Like you, I'm rarely hungry. Congrats on the loss! By the way, may have missed it, are you male or female?
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 05-07-2010, 09:52 AM   #494
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Youre doing a grrrreeeeaaat job Bass! Continue like this and the scale will keep going down down down!!! You are making it look way to easy!!! WTG!

My goal weight was always 115 - just liked the number. Since Im doing Stillmans, I decided to drop it down to what he says I should be for my height. (The good, but crazy doctor doesnt like any oz's of fat on the body anywhere - hence the very low ideal weight) I doubt I'll go down to 105 because that would just be too much - a walking stick) I have to admit, I dont like 3's. Im 33, and Im 113. Ah! That has to change immediatley! Rambling here sorry... How tall are you? We can help you come up with a number!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:55 AM   #495
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
do tell what you're doing with the beef!!!!

Yam. It sounds like you have a really great life. Your spirit is always up! You get to go on lots of trips and you're family sounds awesome! Im so happy that you are enjoying every minute of it! You will be in those 10's in no time!!
Thanks Al!! I hope so! Anyway, I'm not gonna stop until I am! Don't care how long it takes, but I hope it's sooner rather than later!

Oh, the beef! I had two frozen packages of stew beef. It's already cut up in cubes. I just dumped it in the crock pot, poured half cup of water over it, then threw in a hand full of minced, dried onions, a ton of garlic powder and a bunch of course ground lemon pepper. I have the temp. on high until it browns and sizzles a little and then I'll turn it to low and let it rip 'til dinner time.

You also got me hungry for chicken thighs!!! So, I put some in the oven and they are baking. I leave the skin on while baking, then slide it off when they are done. My little cheat is that I pour a small amount of BBQ sauce on the skin of each one. It really flavors it up lots and the fat and sauce drain off into the baking dish as it cooks. I don't eat any of the sauce, but I can still take the flavor of it after I take the skins off.

Now my tummy is growling!

Did I tell you DH and I are going to Venice, Italy for 8 days after our D.C. & PA trips? I'm sooooooooo excited! It's one of our favorite places. One day recently I said I would really like to go back to Venice. He went on line and found an awesome package deal, showed it to me, we booked it, and we will be off!

Our room will have high speed Internet access. So, of course I will take my laptop and keep in touch. One thing I like about Venice is that there is a lot of walking every day. Every bridge you go over has steps up one side and down the other. I will come back with killer legs!!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #496
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
I was down 1.2lbs today, so 191.2 - can't wait to get back to sig and then down down down.
Awesome!!! Great minds are thinking alike today! I just wrote down down down! Ha!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #497
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh, the beef! I had two frozen packages of stew beef. It's already cut up in cubes. I just dumped it in the crock pot, poured half cup of water over it, then threw in a hand full of minced, dried onions, a ton of garlic powder and a bunch of course ground lemon pepper. I have the temp. on high until it browns and sizzles a little and then I'll turn it to low and let it rip 'til dinner time.
:
I LOVE STEW MEAT!!!!! Its been a while since I made it. I would use beef broth, herbs d' provence or italian seasoning, and lots of garlic cloves! mouth watering. yum! If anyone hasnt tried it they should! minus the garlic of course, and only on a higher fat day!

Yam - your Venice trip is going to be amazing! I need to start saving now for all my trips to come. I am so jealous of everyone that gets to travel. I only get out every couple years , but Im happy that eventually I get out!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #498
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You've got a whole gym there, yam!! WTG on all the exercise!! .......don't eat the cake!!! (yum!)
I do have to drag everything out and then put it away afterwards, but it's worth it. I just bought a weighted jump rope. Sheesh!!! It's too hard! I think I'm gonna need to lose another 10 pounds or so before I can really get the hang of it. Jumping just does not feel fun to me right now. Not even jumping jacks! I'm probably just too lazy!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #499
Blabbermouth!!!

Al: It's amazing that you are back down to your pre-trip weight already!!! You are soooooooo dedicated!!! I wanna be like you!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #500
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Me and 10 friends rented a house at the shore for Memorial Day weekend. Agh!!! I hate to do this to myself but I honestly don't want to miss out on things this summer! Really kicking myself in the butt for not getting my weight loss started early in the winter!!
Can we come?!?!??!! You are gonna have such a great time! The number one rule should be not to miss out on anything! MEmorial Day parties are the best meat parties! Lots of hamburgers, chicken, and hopefully steaks!!! Drinks arent cheats- remember that! Have fun. You are going to look great. It's 3 weeks away -thats 15 pounds in Stillman days!!!!! Lets do this!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #501
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
You could monitor the fat loss with a body monitor scale. It's a cool gadget. I've lost almost 10% body fat and gained more than 5 pounds of muscle since March.
Jealous, jealous, jeallous!!! I can't gain musce at alll--ok so I haven't been doing strength training as such but I thought Bi'ates was subbosed to build it!! It's only gone u around 2% since I started. It keebs going ub tiny litte .1%s. The fat does go down too...but slowly.. Think since last May when I bought the scae it's gone down 12%.
How do you measure it in %...as in I mean
if its 20% going down to 10% so you've lost 10% or actually as I tybe that I thin you meant it the other way, like that woud be 50% and 10% of 20 woud be 2 so it woud have gone down to 18%.
Ok I'm def not the most mathematically minded berson(that's butting it mildly!) but I never got that about the %loss unti I wrote it out nowl...always wondered how beoble lost that much..but if you calculate it the 2nd way then I'm not doing too bad!! anyway main thing is it's going down!
Ok now I'm rambing!! There's too many numbers there for me!! My brain cell needs a rest!!
Congrats on the loss BTW
Old 05-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #502
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al: It's amazing that you are back down to your pre-trip weight already!!! You are soooooooo dedicated!!! I wanna be like you!
Its actually a really bad thing...Im already devising my next splurge....no no no! I didnt mean that. Im going to be good and try the maintenance thing. Yup. Thats it. Adding cream first. Then maybe mayonaise....I miss mayo.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #503
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm probably just too lazy!
Lazy is a word that doesnt match up with you AT ALL!!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #504
Big Yapper!!!!

Gwn,congrats on the loss!! And a house with 10 friends...that wlli be one brilliant weeend!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #505
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

My goal weight was always 115 - just liked the number.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #506
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I have to admit, I dont like 3's. Im 33, and Im 113. Ah!
Better than 133 like meeee!!!!!!...(well actually I'm still 2.5bs over that!)
Old 05-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #507
Blabbermouth!!!

GT: I think if we can pinch more than an inch, we should keep eating meat! Thats my percentage calculations! Number are very scary to me....
Old 05-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #508
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Better than 133 like meeee!!!!!!...(well actually I'm still 2.5bs over that!)
thats too many 3's....that would be really scary to me. May you jump from 135 to 132 overnight!!! But at least you're younger than me!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #509
Big Yapper!!!!

Venice---lovely!!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #510
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I need to start saving now for all my trips to come. I am so jealous of everyone that gets to travel. I only get out every couple years , but Im happy that eventually I get out!
Well the Carribean (why can't I sbell that-and no I can't blame the keyboard!) wasn't too bad!!!!!!!!!!!
You start saving for Ireland and I'll start for the U.S.--deal?!!!!
Closed Thread