Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 01:11 AM   #3721
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
[quote=swebb;13538884][QUOTE=nermo;13538692]How to Break A Weight Loss Plateau

February 25, 2009 | Comments (9)

Woman - Frustrated with Weight LossWeight loss plateaus are the bain of every dieter existence. There is nothing more frustrating than doing everything that you are ’supposed’ to do but for whatever reason the weight loss just stops.
Quote:

Thanks for posting this Nermo

Besides chasing and picking up after your kids are you doing any other exercise? I'm not sure if you have skin stretched from being overweight like me but after your loss has your skin shrunk as well? I ask because I am trying to decide what form of exercise is going to help speed up my loss but also tone my skin as well - you are my inspiration after all...........
swebb :blush::blush::blush:
Nope, I haven't started exercise yet- I tried doing the bike but just haven't been able to keep on with it! I really hate my stomach though it's still too big! I think that I should probably do some kind of aerobic video!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2010, 01:56 AM   #3722
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quick update. Yesterday, I ended up having a few Vodkas and diet soda...this lead to two large tablespoons of SF peanut butter.:blush: Still down a pound this morning???
Old 06-01-2010, 02:44 AM   #3723
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! Menu yesterday was 4H eggs and 14ounces of chicken breast-I tried to space the food out every 3 hours or so for the past couple of days-it just felt like I was always eating!! Exercise was 2hrs20 on the bike and 40mins Pilates.
Stupid scale is the same this morning--I know, I know I gotta stop weighing. On the plus I think I've lost a half an inch from my hips and underneath my bust!
Thanks for posting the plateau stuff Nermo!!-Just came at the right time for me--I was thinking I was gonna have to change things up a it. Today I'm gonna do no exercise-well I think I've only had one day off this month so I thought I'd give my body a chance to rest! Then tomorrow I was thinking I might take out my aerobics dvd-the bike is just so handy tho-I can watch tv ,read and prepare, or even mark now-(well kinda)!! As for the upping cals-I don't think that works for me-we'll see!
Kamillls-I don't track my carbs. I don't bother! I don't eat any apart from what's in the eggs. (actually I must check out how many they have, I think it's something like .5)My cals have been 720 the last couple of days cos I've been eating the same thing!
Sharon--I would say start the exercise as soon as possible--everything I read says it helps with the lose skin. I do think it's true! It will def make tone you up and make sure you're losing all fat.
CC-thanks for the story!!
Hi Lisa-glad you're having a good time!
Christine-WTG for not giving into the cake!!
Al, Im2. Gwn Bet y'all had a great time yesterday!!!
New month peeps!!! I made it through May (since April 27th!)with no cheats-none!! Yay!!(not that has done me a lot of good-weight wise-sometimes I do wonder why I bother!!)
Hope Im2-gets the new thread ready!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 06-01-2010, 02:50 AM   #3724
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
How to Break A Weight Loss Plateau

February 25, 2009 | Comments (9)

Woman - Frustrated with Weight LossWeight loss plateaus are the bain of every dieter existence. There is nothing more frustrating than doing everything that you are ’supposed’ to do but for whatever reason the weight loss just stops.

Before we get into ho you can smash through your weight loss plateau it is important to determine if you have actually plateaued OR perhaps you haven’t actually been following your diet and/or training program.

The first step is to do a gut check and make sure your compliance to your program is where it needs to be. If you haven’t been 90% compliant then stop reading this article and get back to focusing on doing what you actually said you were going to do.

If you have been sticking to your program but have stopped losing weight then we have a problem.

Homeostasis.

The human body is all about achieving homeostasis (check out this article in regards to homeostasis and weight loss), so what we need to do is shake things up and get our systems un-homeostatic (not sure if that is a real word). Here are 4 ways that you can disrupt homeostasis and blast through your weight loss plateau. You aren’t meant to do all of them instead just pick one at at time.
1. Increase Calories for 7-10 Days

This doesn’t mean go off your diet. Instead, increase your calories (no more than 500 calories per day), mainly from carbohydrates to give your system a ‘break’ from calorie restriction. After the 7-10 day period cut your calories back down and your weight loss will start back up. This strategy works well if you have been dieting for a long time.
2. Crank Up the Intensity

Often times we find ourselves perpetually dieting (see the Lifetime Fat Loss article for a great example) and can just never seem to get those last 10 pounds off. In these situations cranking up the intensity on all fronts (diet and training) for a set amount of time is a great way to blast through a weight loss plateau. With this method we are basically shocking your system out of homeostasis. This is a great situation for Warp Speed Fat Loss (and one of the reason’s we developed it.)
3. Change Your Training Program

Sticking to the same training program for too long used to be a very common problem. Now with all the training resources on the Internet, being on a program for too long isn’t an issue for many people (but it may be for you). You need to be switching up your program (set, reps, exercises, how many days a week you train, etc) every 4-6 weeks. If you do need a new program we have a large archive of 4 week fat loss workouts and a new one every month in the Faster Fat Loss Zone.
4. Reduce Your Carbs

-This tip is the opposite of the first one, but works just as well. Dropping your carbs down to a ketogenic level will strongarm your system into using fat as its primary fuel source.

This metabolic fuel switch works best if your carbs aren’t too low already (>100g/d). To further enhance the effect of this technique use the ketogenic diet induction protocol where you eat 20g/d of carbs or less for 2 weeks.

Weight loss plateaus are frustrating but don’t let them discourage you or stop you from reaching your goal. If you have truly reached a plateau pick one of the techniques above and put it into action. When you hit another plateau, pick another one. Continue doing this until you have reached your goal. Remember that for the most part weight loss is not a linear process. Plateaus are a normal physiological occurrence but using the strategies in this article you can beat homeostasis and achieve the body you want.
Excellent info. Thanks Nermo
Old 06-01-2010, 02:54 AM   #3725
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Kamills, I used to get headaches from carb withdrawals. Sorry you have to have them! Coffee helps. I do track my carbs with the Lose It app. It gives a weekly rundown, too, which would be good if I wasn't cycling between plans!

Nermo, I wish I did as well as you with the Cucumber Of Doom. Instead, I had sweet potato fries and broccoli slaw, and a whole wheat bun for my ground chuck burger. I did manage to stay away from the really bad stuff like the Cheddar Ruffles in the pantry!!! Thanks to my "day as a European" I didn't go overboard although I really wanted to. Tomorrow will be a clean Stillman's day and I intend to get some fat melting done. Welcome, fat-consuming hunger!! (Picturing PacMan eating fat cells...)
Thanks. I hope it's just that, withdrawals. So far I'm ok today, but they usually hit later. Today is day 3 after 2 days off plan so if they are from withdrawals I may be suffering for a few more days yet. Excellent job on cake avoidance! I know I couldn't have resisted. I'm drooling thinking of your sweet potatoe fries. Mmmmmmmmm.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:02 AM   #3726
Senior LCF Member

Makeme - congrats on the loss!
GT - Thanks for letting me know about the tracking.
Lisa - Hope you're having a great time. Don't worry about the scales, just get back on track asap.
Swebb - Lean, mean, FAT KILLING, Stillman's machine. I like it.
Nermo - Do you mean to say that you lost 72 lbs since January with NO EXERCISE? WOW!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:09 AM   #3727
Senior LCF Member

I'm bummed today. I weighed and I've gained. Need to change stats, begrudgingly.

So, today is 1st June. And I weighed 212.6 this morning. So I need to lose a total of 22.6 lbs by 29th June. I think I may be setting myself up for failure with such an ambitious goal.

I must stick to plan for two weeks, at least.

On the bright side, I'm down two inches on my waist. Now measuring 36 inches since I last measured a month ago.

Right, must go change stats.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:24 AM   #3728
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
Makeme - congrats on the loss!
GT - Thanks for letting me know about the tracking.
Lisa - Hope you're having a great time. Don't worry about the scales, just get back on track asap.
Swebb - Lean, mean, FAT KILLING, Stillman's machine. I like it.
Nermo - Do you mean to say that you lost 72 lbs since January with NO EXERCISE? WOW!
Yep! no exercise- but like I said I have a 7 year old biy and an 8 year old girl( whose going on 21) LOL But I still need to get in the exercise!

GT- I have been meaning to ask you- How's the dizziness doing?
Old 06-01-2010, 04:11 AM   #3729
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yep! no exercise- but like I said I have a 7 year old biy and an 8 year old girl( whose going on 21) LOL But I still need to get in the exercise!

GT- I have been meaning to ask you- How's the dizziness doing?
Still there!! Not all the time- but a lot!! And awful around TOM. Think I'm prob low in iron too-tho don't know why cos I eat enough meat!!(I know not really the red stuff!) Everyone said I looked white as a ghost last week!! I'm used to it at this stage!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:25 AM   #3730
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
HELLO JUNE!!!!! Here's to a cheat free month!!! Sounds like some of us went out with a bang in May! Fun is over now...Let's get back to losing!!!

Sharon- Thanks for all the recipes! I may end up being a fan of cottage cheese after all!

makeme- Awesome results for the first to weeks!!! You musy be siked! Keep it going girl- you are awesome!

Bass, Denise, GT, Christine - You guys are great! I have no doubt your June goasl will come true!

Lisa- Your trip sounds like so much fun!

Kamills- hope you had a nice trip!

GT- As always, great job on the menus and exercise! You made it through May- CHEAT FREE!!! This shows that if we put our mind to it, it can happen!!! Lets all follow GTs lead!!!

Nermo- Keep it up! Onederland will be here to stay! I am so happy for you!!!

IM2 and Gwn and CC- Hope you're having a blast!!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:27 AM   #3731
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I don't eat any apart from what's in the eggs. (actually I must check out how many they have, I think it's something like .5)
I just checked. But no website says the same . Anything between 0.5 and 1 gm per large egg. 1gm readings predominate though. I'm going to take it as 1gm per egg.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:29 AM   #3732
Senior LCF Member

Al. You were missed!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:36 AM   #3733
Blabbermouth!!!

I'll offer up the gory details.....

Sunday: stayed on my meat plan, and started the evening offf with tequila. Partied hard and ended up consuming sausage, hotdogs, and hamburgers. Then played beer pong with smirnoff ice. My team did not win...

Monday: woke up totally dehydrated and 114. That was cool. Didnt last. I felt crappy all day drinking lots of crystal light and ended up eating 4 eggs. I guess in my mind the egg thing was a cheat so I wrote offf the rest of the day. (I have not had any eggs on this diet) Stupid me. I ended up taste testing throughout the day. Definitely went out with a bang, but didnt overeat so thats a plus. To make it worse, I couldn't even taste anything yesterday. Im like allergic to alcohol. It makes me completely stuffy. What a dumb day to cheat.

Tuesday: I can breathe again and Im back to meat. Scale is up 120!!!! But thats ok. gotta be honest.. Having my second coffee with cream, but I plan on doing some outdoor work today and hopefully can get some swimming in. Gonna throw a roaster chicken in the slow cooker and read up on beer can chicken.

anyone ever done the beer can chicken on a grill? Do the beer carbs seep in. I was going to use bud light lime. (just the thought of beer is making me wanna puke, but Im sure it'll be good)
Old 06-01-2010, 05:38 AM   #3734
Blabbermouth!!!

June goal....get back to 113...again.... man Im starting to sound like a broken record. Dont lose faith in me guys!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:42 AM   #3735
Blabbermouth!!!

Off to the garden shop to stock up on flowers! Gonna be planting and getting some sun - (too bad it'll be in my baggy t-shirt instead of bikini) thank goodness for low rise shorts-they fit under the belly! ha!

BBL!!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:05 AM   #3736
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Back to 202!
OK, thats it, The adding calories isnt working. I'm going back to 350 something until I stall for 3 days then high fat for a day. I was losing that way. BTW, the 350 calories is not on purpose, I just cant eat more when I go super strict.
Also, my mom is freaking out. I told her about my low calories and she thinks I have a eating disorder (oh and yall are all evil too for supporting me). She's kind of dramatic. I'm actually kind of worried that she might try to commit me to some program. Could you imagine I show up to my first day.
Me: I'm here for the eating disorder group.
Them: (After looking me up and down) Are you here to mock these people? The overeaters anonomus group is 3rd door to the left.
Me: No, I'm here for this group. My mom made me. (I'm freaking 45 years old and I have a family)
I have to lie to her and tell her I'm eating bad stuff. It's sad.
I hope yall see how much I need you people.

p.s. Please dont commit me.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:26 AM   #3737
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
I'm bummed today. I weighed and I've gained. Need to change stats, begrudgingly.

So, today is 1st June. And I weighed 212.6 this morning. So I need to lose a total of 22.6 lbs by 29th June. I think I may be setting myself up for failure with such an ambitious goal.

I must stick to plan for two weeks, at least.

On the bright side, I'm down two inches on my waist. Now measuring 36 inches since I last measured a month ago.

Right, must go change stats.

Kamills - I don't want to say you CAN'T do it but 22 pounds in a month is very ambitious. The bigger question is how you will handle it if you don't make it. I say this only from my own experience in the past - if I set a weight loss goal and didn't make it sometimes I threw in the towel (scale) and gave up. Please don't be like me!!!

GREAT JOB on the inches lost!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:55 AM   #3738
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Kamills - I don't want to say you CAN'T do it but 22 pounds in a month is very ambitious. The bigger question is how you will handle it if you don't make it. I say this only from my own experience in the past - if I set a weight loss goal and didn't make it sometimes I threw in the towel (scale) and gave up. Please don't be like me!!!

GREAT JOB on the inches lost!!!
I know. You are right. But I won't give up. I'd be happy if I was in onederland by the end of June. So anywhere between 13 and 22 lbs is on target for me... (Though I so so so so want to be 190 .)
Old 06-01-2010, 07:00 AM   #3739
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
Back to 202!
OK, thats it, The adding calories isnt working. I'm going back to 350 something until I stall for 3 days then high fat for a day. I was losing that way. BTW, the 350 calories is not on purpose, I just cant eat more when I go super strict.
Also, my mom is freaking out. I told her about my low calories and she thinks I have a eating disorder (oh and yall are all evil too for supporting me). She's kind of dramatic. I'm actually kind of worried that she might try to commit me to some program. Could you imagine I show up to my first day.
Me: I'm here for the eating disorder group.
Them: (After looking me up and down) Are you here to mock these people? The overeaters anonomus group is 3rd door to the left.
Me: No, I'm here for this group. My mom made me. (I'm freaking 45 years old and I have a family)
I have to lie to her and tell her I'm eating bad stuff. It's sad.
I hope yall see how much I need you people.

p.s. Please dont commit me.
Hahaha, my parents actually DID try and commit me to a rehab centre for, wait for it, becuase here comes the contradiction, compuslive over eating, bulimia AND anorexia. (There was a few other things they threw in for good measure) I gave up looking for support from them a long time ago though, and at least I can laugh about it now. At the time it was less humorous. Turns out my parents were the ones with psychological problems, not me. And the funny thing was, I was a lot lighter back then. Thank God I was 21 and couldn't be forced into going.

You'll only get support here. Go back to what works for you.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:07 AM   #3740
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
June goal....get back to 113...again.... man Im starting to sound like a broken record. Dont lose faith in me guys!!!
Never Al ! We love you too much 120 sounds great to me- How tall are you Al?
Old 06-01-2010, 07:08 AM   #3741
Senior LCF Member

ok guys I am taking my Bioltin 5000 mcg or whatever! but...... i seem to be losing a lot of hair- I am getting worried-
Old 06-01-2010, 07:17 AM   #3742
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
ok guys I am taking my Bioltin 5000 mcg or whatever! but...... i seem to be losing a lot of hair- I am getting worried-
You poor thing, Nermo A lot of people say that happens but I thought the Biotin was meant to stop it.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:00 AM   #3743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
New Thread guys! I was MIA for awhile. .Sorry.. Hop on over to June. Hope you don't mind, I was in a hurry and just grabbed a name. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 06-01-2010 at 09:05 AM..
Closed Thread