Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 09:19 AM   #3691
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
lol
. More on the lines of bacon and peanut butter. (not at the same time though )

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2010, 09:41 AM   #3692
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Quote:
lol
I've embelleshed Stillman's a little to try to get to 1000-1200 calories a day, but nothing quite as exotic as snickers or cupcakes. More on the lines of bacon and peanut butter. (not at the same time though )
Oooh. Mmmmm. I had bacon on Friday, but it was a bit of a disappointment. I haven't had peanut butter for years. I only like it with bananas or jam in a sandwich. Most definitely NOT Stillman's friendly. Maybe eat some red meat for more calories?
Old 05-31-2010, 09:43 AM   #3693
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
hello everyone!

Well I am super hungry today- gonna make me another egg and chicken scramle thingy! LOL

Well bigbass don't feel bad- ONDERLAND keeps kicking me in and out also- sometimes 200 sometimes 199 but I am sticking to it until it lets me in for good-

Well I will be in and out cleaning this place up- Can't seem to keep it clean for more than 2 hours with 2 kids under the age of 9!
Old 05-31-2010, 09:48 AM   #3694
Big Yapper!!!!

Just looked back at November's thread for a nose!-on Nov 1st I was 152lbs...so that's......wait for it 23lbs in 7 months....a grand total of 3lbs a MONTH loss----sloooooooow or what!!!!!!!
And the year until that it was 8lbs a month!!!! oh yeah-slow slow slow!!!

I also wrote my age a year older!! Maybe I was just feeling old!! And I used to put xx at the end of my posts!! Hmmm I'm just weird!!
Old 05-31-2010, 09:50 AM   #3695
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh hi Nermo!! After reading back on my stats you are no longer my friend!!! I'm too jealous of your loss!!!! Only kidding!!!

When I'm really hungry for a few days I usually find I then get a loss!! Think it's my body busy burning it's fat up!!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:46 AM   #3696
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post

When I'm really hungry for a few days I usually find I then get a loss!! Think it's my body busy burning it's fat up!!!!
YES! I noticed that, too. In fact, it helps with the hunger if I can visualize the fat being burned up and the ketones taking them to my kidneys and OUT forever!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:51 AM   #3697
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
No no Christine--don't eat when you're depressed--it never never works!! (not that we don't already know that) He! My new rule if I feel depressed I just do the diet harder...then tomorrow I feel heaps better!! Oh and stay off the scale (says she!) that really helps lift your mood!!
Pretend you're European--no cheats here!!...we'll pick another day!!!
Thats a good idea, using the depression to my advantage, and working harder at it..... I'm going to try that, although hubby left a coffee cake on the counter that is screaming to me to eat it. And he insisted on buying ice cream yesterday, and it's in the freezer whispering.... Do you think playing loud music will stop the voices????

I'm also going to try to lift my humour by pretending I'm European today!! (Did I do okay on the spelling?)
Old 05-31-2010, 10:57 AM   #3698
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
YES! I noticed that, too. In fact, it helps with the hunger if I can visualize the fat being burned up and the ketones taking them to my kidneys and OUT forever!
I'm also hungry today so here's hoping!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:59 AM   #3699
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thats a good idea, using the depression to my advantage, and working harder at it..... I'm going to try that, although hubby left a coffee cake on the counter that is screaming to me to eat it. And he insisted on buying ice cream yesterday, and it's in the freezer whispering.... Do you think playing loud music will stop the voices????

I'm also going to try to lift my humour by pretending I'm European today!! (Did I do okay on the spelling?)
Good student!! OMG poor you and the coffee cake--I couldn't have it looking at me!! I'd have to pour water on it!!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:50 AM   #3700
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Up until this weekend I was doing fine on Stillman's. But then the holiday weekend hit and JUNK FOOD arrived I can usually take or leave this stuff but it is CRUNCHY and I think I am missing that aspect of eating. Also, the bar by the pool was going full tilt with my daughters and their friends. I did have 1/2 glass frozen Pina Colada (it was good - can't lie). I know I am knocked out of ketosis but today will be better eating for me.

This weekend showed me that I need to be better prepared for the summer (when family and friends will want to hang out and party) and the value of letting those around me know that I am dieting and really watching what I eat and drink.

I am lucky that my family and friends respect this - they know my health is at stake. Now I just have to work on ME respecting myself and sticking to the PLAN (IT WORKS).

The high fat/ higher calories made me feel bloated and sluggish. I think my body was saying YUCK! I also think my weight loss was slowing down because I wasn't changing up my daily calorie count enough - so I am going to start upping my calories every couple of days by eating more LEAN meat and see if that helps.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:50 AM   #3701
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh hi Nermo!! After reading back on my stats you are no longer my friend!!! I'm too jealous of your loss!!!! Only kidding!!!

u can't rid of me GT!!!

ok confession time- I had a small cucumber today! Sad that cucumber is considered a cheat but it was either a cucumber or chocolate cookie- I wanted something crunchy!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:51 AM   #3702
Senior LCF Member

Swebb- funny I just said "crunchy"
Old 05-31-2010, 11:55 AM   #3703
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
u can't rid of me GT!!!

ok confession time- I had a small cucumber today! Sad that cucumber is considered a cheat but it was either a cucumber or chocolate cookie- I wanted something crunchy!
A cucumber--oh the shame!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #3704
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
A cucumber--oh the shame!!!!!!!!!!!
I know GT- "putting head down in shame"
Old 05-31-2010, 01:29 PM   #3705
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Successful Stillman's day for me. Though I have a splitting headache. Not sure if it's from the travelling and lack of sleep or after 2 days of not eating to plan. I seem to have had more headaches recently. Need to start tracking when i get them.

Menu:

B: Boiled egg
L: Pollock. Chicken broth.
Sn: 2 boiled eggs with mustard
D: Pollock. Chicken broth.
Liquids: 5 litres water. 500 mls diet coke. 3 cups of tea.

Calories: 592
Carbs: 5.1

Not much of an appetite and no cravings. Does anyone track their carbs?
Old 05-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #3706
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Hi all! Starting on page 121 so I'm catching up........

Hooray Al! KUTGW!!!!!!!!

Oooooooooh Sharon TY for the recipes-the ice cream one sounds super yummy! No goals here, I am still amazed that I am finally losing weight! WTG on that loss!

Gwn, WTG on the ride but please be careful!!!!! Are you staying in a house or a hotel?

GT I must agree, IM2's title has the nicest ring of the ones out there so far. LMAO big juicy ones.........and his brats are good, too!

Last edited by CCGirl; 05-31-2010 at 02:00 PM..
Old 05-31-2010, 02:06 PM   #3707
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Whatever "knackered" means, I hope you un-knacker soon! :
Old 05-31-2010, 02:22 PM   #3708
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My wife's evil friend TOM is here. It is not fun. I'm trying to be an understanding gentleman. If men had this, there would probably be a bunch of maniac mass killers running around.

This means HASOT is here for me. (Horny and she's on TOM).
)o the Green Hornet LOL.........or, would that be blue?
Old 05-31-2010, 03:10 PM   #3709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kam, I track everything on MyPlate. Sooooooooooo easy! Sorry about the headaches

Nermo, good choice on the cuke! Yummmmmmmmm!!

Sharon, please keep us posted if the caloirie juggling helps, thx.

Smaller, WTG on the cake. Pour brandy on it and ignite

Last edited by CCGirl; 05-31-2010 at 03:25 PM..
Old 05-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #3710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is the
VETERAN,
not the preacher,
who has given us freedom of religion.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of the press.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the campus organizer,
who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the politician,
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the
VETERAN who
salutes the Flag,

It is
the
VETERAN
who serves
under the Flag,

ETERNAL REST GRANT THEM O LORD,
AND LET PERPETUAL LIGHT SHINE UPON THEM.
-author unknown

Thank you again to all our service men and women for fighting to keep freedom alive.
-Mel
Old 05-31-2010, 03:45 PM   #3711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A Harley biker is riding by the zoo in Washington, DC when he sees a little girl leaning into the lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her screaming parents.

The biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch.

Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of the girl, and the biker brings her to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly. A reporter has watched the whole event.

The reporter addressing the Harley rider says, 'Sir, this was the most gallant and brave thing I've seen a man do in my whole life.'

The Harley rider replies, 'Why, it was nothing, really, the lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger and acted as I felt right.'

The reporter says, 'Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist, you know, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front page...
So, what do you do for a living and what political affiliation do you have?'

The biker replies, 'I'm a U.S. Marine and a Republican.'

The journalist leaves.

The following morning the biker buys the paper to see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and reads, on the front page:

U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT
AND STEALS HIS LUNCH

Old 05-31-2010, 06:19 PM   #3712
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

meat dreams y'all, C U tomorrow!
Old 05-31-2010, 07:28 PM   #3713
Senior LCF Member

How to Break A Weight Loss Plateau

February 25, 2009 | Comments (9)

Woman - Frustrated with Weight LossWeight loss plateaus are the bain of every dieter existence. There is nothing more frustrating than doing everything that you are ’supposed’ to do but for whatever reason the weight loss just stops.

Before we get into ho you can smash through your weight loss plateau it is important to determine if you have actually plateaued OR perhaps you haven’t actually been following your diet and/or training program.

The first step is to do a gut check and make sure your compliance to your program is where it needs to be. If you haven’t been 90% compliant then stop reading this article and get back to focusing on doing what you actually said you were going to do.

If you have been sticking to your program but have stopped losing weight then we have a problem.

Homeostasis.

The human body is all about achieving homeostasis (check out this article in regards to homeostasis and weight loss), so what we need to do is shake things up and get our systems un-homeostatic (not sure if that is a real word). Here are 4 ways that you can disrupt homeostasis and blast through your weight loss plateau. You aren’t meant to do all of them instead just pick one at at time.
1. Increase Calories for 7-10 Days

This doesn’t mean go off your diet. Instead, increase your calories (no more than 500 calories per day), mainly from carbohydrates to give your system a ‘break’ from calorie restriction. After the 7-10 day period cut your calories back down and your weight loss will start back up. This strategy works well if you have been dieting for a long time.
2. Crank Up the Intensity

Often times we find ourselves perpetually dieting (see the Lifetime Fat Loss article for a great example) and can just never seem to get those last 10 pounds off. In these situations cranking up the intensity on all fronts (diet and training) for a set amount of time is a great way to blast through a weight loss plateau. With this method we are basically shocking your system out of homeostasis. This is a great situation for Warp Speed Fat Loss (and one of the reason’s we developed it.)
3. Change Your Training Program

Sticking to the same training program for too long used to be a very common problem. Now with all the training resources on the Internet, being on a program for too long isn’t an issue for many people (but it may be for you). You need to be switching up your program (set, reps, exercises, how many days a week you train, etc) every 4-6 weeks. If you do need a new program we have a large archive of 4 week fat loss workouts and a new one every month in the Faster Fat Loss Zone.
4. Reduce Your Carbs

-This tip is the opposite of the first one, but works just as well. Dropping your carbs down to a ketogenic level will strongarm your system into using fat as its primary fuel source.

This metabolic fuel switch works best if your carbs aren’t too low already (>100g/d). To further enhance the effect of this technique use the ketogenic diet induction protocol where you eat 20g/d of carbs or less for 2 weeks.

Weight loss plateaus are frustrating but don’t let them discourage you or stop you from reaching your goal. If you have truly reached a plateau pick one of the techniques above and put it into action. When you hit another plateau, pick another one. Continue doing this until you have reached your goal. Remember that for the most part weight loss is not a linear process. Plateaus are a normal physiological occurrence but using the strategies in this article you can beat homeostasis and achieve the body you want.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:29 PM   #3714
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=nermo;13538692]How to Break A Weight Loss Plateau

February 25, 2009 | Comments (9)

Woman - Frustrated with Weight LossWeight loss plateaus are the bain of every dieter existence. There is nothing more frustrating than doing everything that you are ’supposed’ to do but for whatever reason the weight loss just stops. [QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this Nermo

Besides chasing and picking up after your kids are you doing any other exercise? I'm not sure if you have skin stretched from being overweight like me but after your loss has your skin shrunk as well? I ask because I am trying to decide what form of exercise is going to help speed up my loss but also tone my skin as well - you are my inspiration after all...........
Old 05-31-2010, 08:37 PM   #3715
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
)o the Green Hornet LOL.........or, would that be blue?
Blue, definitally blue!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:40 PM   #3716
Senior LCF Member

Menu for today:

B: 6 oz hamburger/sausage mix drained and rinsed
(this was more like Brunch time as I slept in )

D: 12 oz grilled rib-eye

S:Starbuck's Light Frappachino - Nutrition Facts Per Serving (16 fl oz) Calories 140
Total Fat 1g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 190mg
Total Carbohydrate 34g 12%
Dietary Fiber <1g
Sugars 29g
Protein 4g
(ok the fat and calories weren't too bad BUT the CARBS and SUGAR - but I wouldn't have traded the experience of sitting there sipping it outside talking with my 2 daughters )
Old 05-31-2010, 08:45 PM   #3717
Senior LCF Member

Tomorrow is June 1st and I will be back to being a LEAN, MEAN (when it comes to my diet), STILLMAN'S MACHINE

Goal for June - 10 pounds GONE forever!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:13 PM   #3718
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
just a quick hi to u all! we went on a impromptu vacation to Colorado. Went to Estes Park and the Rockey Mountains.. It was nice! I did great sticking low carb my first day, then blew it after that! I'm afraid to hop on the scale, but i will be okay. I have enough tuna to last the week and i will drink drink drink my water! miss u guys! have a great day!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:34 PM   #3719
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Smaller, WTG on the cake. Pour brandy on it and ignite
I got through the day without eating it. As for igniting it, I didn't have to waste brandy, daughter and husband ate it and with their scary Scandinavian metabolisms, they will "burn" it off!!

Thanks for the funny story about the lion!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:41 PM   #3720
Senior LCF Member

Kamills, I used to get headaches from carb withdrawals. Sorry you have to have them! Coffee helps. I do track my carbs with the Lose It app. It gives a weekly rundown, too, which would be good if I wasn't cycling between plans!

Nermo, I wish I did as well as you with the Cucumber Of Doom. Instead, I had sweet potato fries and broccoli slaw, and a whole wheat bun for my ground chuck burger. I did manage to stay away from the really bad stuff like the Cheddar Ruffles in the pantry!!! Thanks to my "day as a European" I didn't go overboard although I really wanted to. Tomorrow will be a clean Stillman's day and I intend to get some fat melting done. Welcome, fat-consuming hunger!! (Picturing PacMan eating fat cells...)