Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 03:15 AM   #3661
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
This picture was taken last week. Every one I took looks like I am a distant relative of ET. I don't have many pics of myself...my weight has made me camera shy. I remember reading a post where a lady in the same situation said that she had not realised that she had practically managed to wipe herself out of her whole family history by choosing not to be included in photographs...she only realised this when she and her husband sat down to look at some old holiday pics...I will never forget that...I want to be in the picture from now on.

Last edited by makemeslim; 05-31-2010 at 03:43 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2010, 03:38 AM   #3662
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh yeah-lots!!!! Although at the beginning I'm not sure--I didn't weigh that often. I didn't want to see those numbers on the scale so I measured and went by how my clothes fitted. I did lose lots of inches. (I'm sorry about that now-I'd like to be able to see what I lost every week now)I really only started weighing like a mad woman around May-and even then I don't really write it down. They have really only been mini-stalls though-like for a week maybebut it's been really slow-especially since November. Maybe it just feels like that!! I've never done the AS thing-no diet coke, no chewing gum-some days I would love a coke but I think it might stall me now!!
You know measuring is a smart move...I hear so many low carbers saying they are losing inches even though they are not losing pounds...but have I measured myself. It seems also that weight loss slows as one nears their goal weight (no personal experience of this, seeing as I have not been within a sniff of my goal weight:blush. You are so close...you must be chuffed. I imagine it can be frustrating being so close but look at where you have come from to where you have got to go...I'm stunned.

Last edited by makemeslim; 05-31-2010 at 03:40 AM..
Old 05-31-2010, 04:32 AM   #3663
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Makeme - Well done on the weight loss! I can't believe you have an 18 year old, you don't look any older than that yourself (or have I confused you with someone else?)!!! I measure as well as weighing. I tend to measure every 10 lbs I lose. And I'm trying not to weigh every day as I start to get a bit OCD with the scales if I do... It's a hard habit to break though.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:32 AM   #3664
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
My BMI has gone from 50 to 42. Once I move from the "obese" category to the "overweight" category I can reapply for CHEAPER health insurance
Yay!
Old 05-31-2010, 04:36 AM   #3665
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Whatever "knackered" means, I hope you un-knacker soon! Very wise not to weigh if you know that travel causes a gain. You are doing so well, I'm sure it will leave no permanent damage. Get your rest as soon as you can, though, so you won't be to tired to eat right. Stay safe!
Knackered means really really tired. Must be a British word...! Thanks for the well wishes, I'm all good. Got a quick nap in this morning before work, and I'm in Stillman mode full throttle. There's no taking me off it (at least for a week ) Aim high for the 10lbs in June, you can do it! You are so so close to goal.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:40 AM   #3666
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh yeah Kamillls- traveling always makes me gain too.....tho I reckon it has more to do with always having a Kitkat on Aer Lingus!! He!! It's not my fault I'm starved of oxygen at those high altitudes and can't think straight!!!
Hahaha, I didn't get any naughty snacks and stuck to plan. I was on a bus for 6 hours , but don't get me started on the gaining on flights. I don't think I actually gained this trip, my belt so wanted to go onto notch number 8 this morning, but I left it on number 7. Later this week will be number 8 notch. And ignore the scales! Get your tape measure out.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:13 AM   #3667
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
Makeme - Well done on the weight loss! I can't believe you have an 18 year old, you don't look any older than that yourself (or have I confused you with someone else?)!!! I measure as well as weighing. I tend to measure every 10 lbs I lose. And I'm trying not to weigh every day as I start to get a bit OCD with the scales if I do... It's a hard habit to break though.
Thanks Kamills, I was 40 last week so you have made me happy. I know what you mean about the scales thing...I'm the same. It is deffo a hard habbit to break.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:17 AM   #3668
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
You know measuring is a smart move...I hear so many low carbers saying they are losing inches even though they are not losing pounds...but have I measured myself. It seems also that weight loss slows as one nears their goal weight (no personal experience of this, seeing as I have not been within a sniff of my goal weight:blush. You are so close...you must be chuffed. I imagine it can be frustrating being so close but look at where you have come from to where you have got to go...I'm stunned.
Yeah measuring is def a good idea! I used to put them in my phone as a draft-measurements and weight-I think prob about every 3 weeks or so. There were lost of places I should have measured too tho-like thighs and arms-I really did the hips waist bust thing.So far off my hips I lost 18inches and the waist about the same. And if I put a tape measure round me and leave it at where it used to be-if you get me-it's scary stuff--it's like eek I took up that much space.
It is frustrating being this close alright-like so near yet so far!!! Worse is tho I now realise I must be very small-boned so it makes what I used to weigh even worse.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 05-31-2010, 06:19 AM   #3669
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
(no personal experience of this, seeing as I have not been within a sniff of my goal weight:blush.
Don't worry you'll get there soon enough!!
Old 05-31-2010, 06:21 AM   #3670
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah MMS-you look so young!! Jealous,moi?!!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 06:23 AM   #3671
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh 6 hours-kill me, kill me now!!!! I would have been munching away!!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 06:50 AM   #3672
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yeah MMS-you look so young!! Jealous,moi?!!!!
Thank you
Old 05-31-2010, 07:16 AM   #3673
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
This picture was taken last week. Every one I took looks like I am a distant relative of ET. I don't have many pics of myself...my weight has made me camera shy. I remember reading a post where a lady in the same situation said that she had not realised that she had practically managed to wipe herself out of her whole family history by choosing not to be included in photographs...she only realised this when she and her husband sat down to look at some old holiday pics...I will never forget that...I want to be in the picture from now on.
That's me, even before I got heavy. My family is pretty annoyed at me because I'm not in any pictures. I've never been photogenic, and the weight makes it worse. Now I just "grin and bear it" because my vanity is not more important than family history.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:28 AM   #3674
Senior LCF Member

Well, today's the big cheat day for everyone, and here I am wanting to rotate back to Stillman's. Two reasons:

1. Although my original plan was to do Still for only 3 days, then Atkins for four, then Meditteranean a week, I'm getting impatient for bigger and better weight loss. I just don't want to blow it by getting used to lower fat and calories and having my evil metabolism start to protect my fat. I'm so grateful to be losing again, I don't want to blow my second "golden shot."

2. DH is working til 4 today, DD is asleep until prolly 12. I had to work Saturday so the house is a mess, so I have not invited company. No parties, no temptation, right? Now I'm a little depressed. I'm not sure why, but I'm fighting off depression the last week or two. So there are two ways to deal with depression -- stuff my face to drown my sorrows (like that works!) or lose some more weight so I have something to be happy about. The scale showed 169 this morning so it's creeping back up.

So I haven't had breakfast, not even coffee. I'm still thinking.....
Old 05-31-2010, 07:41 AM   #3675
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well, today's the big cheat day for everyone, and here I am wanting to rotate back to Stillman's. Two reasons:

1. Although my original plan was to do Still for only 3 days, then Atkins for four, then Meditteranean a week, I'm getting impatient for bigger and better weight loss. I just don't want to blow it by getting used to lower fat and calories and having my evil metabolism start to protect my fat. I'm so grateful to be losing again, I don't want to blow my second "golden shot."

2. DH is working til 4 today, DD is asleep until prolly 12. I had to work Saturday so the house is a mess, so I have not invited company. No parties, no temptation, right? Now I'm a little depressed. I'm not sure why, but I'm fighting off depression the last week or two. So there are two ways to deal with depression -- stuff my face to drown my sorrows (like that works!) or lose some more weight so I have something to be happy about. The scale showed 169 this morning so it's creeping back up.

So I haven't had breakfast, not even coffee. I'm still thinking.....
Hey Christine! Don't get depressed! Why don't you have some boiled eggs for breakfast, as that is something which works for all three diets, get something in your something in your stomach, and then decide. Have you just done three days of Stillman's? I don't think doing a 4th day would slow down your metabolism, and it's definitely preferable to stuffing your face. As you said, today is a great day to stay on plan as you're not busy and surrounded with people. Us Europies are on plan today as we don't have a holiday, so you won't be alone. And just think how good it feels when you stay on plan after really struggling to do so.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:43 AM   #3676
Senior LCF Member

Btw, I just assumed that eggs were ok on the Mediterranean diet. Is that a particular plan you follow or just based on a typical med diet?
Old 05-31-2010, 08:08 AM   #3677
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
[QUOTE=smallerizing;13535490]I'm a slow loser, so this is a stretch for me.....but can I join the 10 lb club? Please? That would be so cool to lose 10 in June! [/QUOT

Come on in......the WATER's fine!!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:13 AM   #3678
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This sounds good. I have ordered some Hickory Smoked BBQ sauce which I am awaiting but I would still like to make my own. Does it keep well?
I have kept the sauce in the Fridge for 2 weeks and it's fine (it doesn't last much longer in this house! )
Old 05-31-2010, 08:18 AM   #3679
Senior LCF Member

Okay, egg it is. I have some that I pickled with BigBass's recipe.

Coffee with coconut milk.

I'd better have something so I won't be "knackered" by hunger!

I'd better stop calling it "Meditteranean", it was a diet my hubby's Dr. gave him. Almost like Atkins Maintenance only it allows some pasta and small amounts of junk food. I like it because it is "doable." I guess it's not very widely known. I lost the first 10 lbs on it this year but it took me four months.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:23 AM   #3680
Senior LCF Member

Ok group. In the interest of full disclosure I am sad to report that after my 2 pound loss yesterday, the scale showed a 4 pound GAIN this morning!!

I know that the gain is because of the last 3 days of high fat and higher calories but UGH!!!

Good thing I have been here a while and have seen others go through this and reach their goal.

I am back on Stillman's today so we'll see how fast the losses begin again.

.......slinking off to change my stats......DARN IT!........
Old 05-31-2010, 08:23 AM   #3681
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Onederland keeps kicking me out of the park. I'm gonna get a tank and bust down the front gate. HELLO ONEDERLAND, I'M HERE TO STAY!
My wife's evil friend TOM is here. It is not fun. I'm trying to be an understanding gentleman. If men had this, there would probably be a bunch of maniac mass killers running around.
This means HASOT is here for me. (Horny and she's on TOM).
Old 05-31-2010, 08:27 AM   #3682
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That's me, even before I got heavy. My family is pretty annoyed at me because I'm not in any pictures. I've never been photogenic, and the weight makes it worse. Now I just "grin and bear it" because my vanity is not more important than family history.
here here! Though, I am sure you are beautiful...we all are in our own way.

Last edited by makemeslim; 05-31-2010 at 08:45 AM..
Old 05-31-2010, 08:28 AM   #3683
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassplayer View Post
Onederland keeps kicking me out of the park. I'm gonna get a tank and bust down the front gate. HELLO ONEDERLAND, I'M HERE TO STAY!
My wife's evil friend TOM is here. It is not fun. I'm trying to be an understanding gentleman. If men had this, there would probably be a bunch of maniac mass killers running around.

sometimes we really need a man to put it all in perspective - thanks bigbass!

ONEDERLAND will let you in to stay soon!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:30 AM   #3684
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
HASOT. Great.

Have you been on Stillman's over the weekend? Maybe you need another snickers.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:47 AM   #3685
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbassplayer
Stats: 209/187/160
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
HASOT. Great.

Have you been on Stillman's over the weekend? Maybe you need another snickers.
lol
I've embelleshed Stillman's a little to try to get to 1000-1200 calories a day, but nothing quite as exotic as snickers or cupcakes. More on the lines of bacon and peanut butter. (not at the same time though )
Old 05-31-2010, 09:10 AM   #3686
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh I really hate photos too, Christine!!
Old 05-31-2010, 09:13 AM   #3687
Big Yapper!!!!

No no Christine--don't eat when you're depressed--it never never works!! (not that we don't already know that) He! My new rule if I feel depressed I just do the diet harder...then tomorrow I feel heaps better!! Oh and stay off the scale (says she!) that really helps lift your mood!!
Pretend you're European--no cheats here!!...we'll pick another day!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 09:15 AM   #3688
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh :
Old 05-31-2010, 09:16 AM   #3689
Big Yapper!!!!

Stupid scale, Sharon-I hate them all!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 09:18 AM   #3690
Big Yapper!!!!

Sitting here-eatin my dry bland chicken---Oh how I love QWL!!!
Closed Thread